Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:34:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I had the displeasure of seeing his interview on The Today Show.  

Bloomberg is such a liar, implying that we have no background checks and that guns can be purchased over the internet  with no regulations.  

I'm going to cut a check to the NRA-ILA and mail it this morning.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:35:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

he was on Today show this morning.  His face silent makes me angry...then he begins to talk.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In his first major political investment since leaving City Hall, former Mayor Michael Bloomberg is taking aim at one of his favorite targets — the NRA.

Bloomberg plans to spend $50 million of his vast fortune to bankroll grass-roots efforts to build a national network dedicated to passing stricter gun-control laws in America, The New York Times reported Tuesday.

Bloomberg said the game plan calls for absorbing the gun control groups that he has funded — Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America — into an umbrella group known as Everytown for Gun Safety. They will focus enrollment efforts in 15 states, including such pro-gun strongholds as Texas, and seek to land a million new backers this year.

The strategy takes a long view of how to produce change on gun reform, and is designed to beat the National Rifle Association at its own game: developing the political clout needed to get lawmakers to back the group’s agenda — and to punish those who don’t.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bloomberg-pledges-50m-fight-nra-article-1.1757801#ixzz2z2afmHaU
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bloomberg-pledges-50m-fight-nra-article-1.1757801

he was on Today show this morning.  His face silent makes me angry...then he begins to talk.

What a disgusting appearance by him and that stupid lady.  I wish the host would have asked if his "simple background check" would have stopped lanza or any of the psychos........the answer is fucking no.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:35:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Can we request literature from MAIG or any other Bloomturd funded orgs and mail them back cinder bricks using their postage paid envelopes?   Maybe 50Mil will help the USPS survive another year.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:36:29 AM EDT
[#4]
All of his money worked so well in Colorado..

Sucks though, because the more he stirs shit up, the blue states will lose ground while the red states take it.  Adds to the division already in this country.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:38:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Pure arrogance

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Pure arrogance

Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't understand why this guy has such a hard on for guns - it's insane.  There's obviously more to it because people like Bloomberg don't really care about safety for the people.  If they did they'd have groups against mental illness and corruption.

From the NYT article.  
But if he senses that he may not have as much time left as he would like, he has little doubt about what would await him at a Judgment Day. Pointing to his work on gun safety, obesity and smoking cessation, he said with a grin: “I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.”

"Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

I'm not that religious but I respect it and even I know some rich bastard who thinks he earned his place will have another thing coming.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:39:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

From the NYT article.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't understand why this guy has such a hard on for guns - it's insane.  There's obviously more to it because people like Bloomberg don't really care about safety for the people.  If they did they'd have groups against mental illness and corruption.

From the NYT article.  
But if he senses that he may not have as much time left as he would like, he has little doubt about what would await him at a Judgment Day. Pointing to his work on gun safety, obesity and smoking cessation, he said with a grin: “I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.”

The idiot must not read the Bible much...

Matthew 19:24
"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:40:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Just talked to a WNY lady last night who is all for Bloomberg / Cuomo "Hunters don't need semi-auto's".   How many NRA members do we have now?  What is the strategy?  Should we unleash the NRA-ILA hounds now?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:40:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Fuck you Bloomberg, burn in hell!
View Quote

and soon please...
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:42:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
All of his money worked so well in Colorado..

Sucks though, because the more he stirs shit up, the blue states will lose ground while the red states take it.  Adds to the division already in this country.
View Quote

Division and polarization is good. It highlights their ignorance.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:46:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Bloomberg is a dangerous piece of shit
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:49:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Like the Dr. of Common Sense would do; pistol whip this bastard.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:50:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just talked to a WNY lady last night who is all for Bloomberg / Cuomo "Hunters don't need semi-auto's".   How many NRA members do we have now?  What is the strategy?  Should we unleash the NRA-ILA hounds now?
View Quote

I need a hunting rifle. I was thinking about a Remington 700, but that kind of attitude from people is making me lean towards a PTR-91, a FAL, or *gasp*, an AK.

(Can't deer hunt with 5.56mm in VA )
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:51:48 AM EDT
[#13]
In other news, water is wet!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:03:55 AM EDT
[#14]
You want to talk about gun safety?

How many kids could you teach the Eddie Eagle class to for $50 million?

We just taught 200+ for $25 in materials yesterday so I bet you could cover the whole country.

Instead of doing actual gun safety measures, we now have to devote limited time and money to fighting this schmuck's bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:06:56 AM EDT
[#15]
He must have glossed over that part..............every time I hear that moron speak about himself, I think of this song. It's very fitting for such a large and pompous ass such as himself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBAl9cchQac

Quoted:

"Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

I'm not that religious but I respect it and even I know some rich bastard who thinks he earned his place will have another thing coming.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pure arrogance

Quoted:
Quoted:

From the NYT article.  

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:08:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
From the NYT article.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the NYT article.  

But if he senses that he may not have as much time left as he would like, he has little doubt about what would await him at a Judgment Day. Pointing to his work on gun safety, obesity and smoking cessation, he said with a grin: "I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.”

If we needed any more proof that American liberalism is a religion, here it is.

ETA:

"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:13:21 AM EDT
[#17]
As I have said before people who are anti-gun are usualy not as firm in their beliefs as people who are pro-gun. Many, not all, of the antis are people who are just on the bandwagon because this is a hot topic and it is the cool thing to do. Most can't tell the difference between an m&p22 and an ar10 chambered in .308 and the vastly different uses of those two guns. However, most, if not all, of the pro-gun people are people who have a family history of owning and shooting or a hunting tradition that goes back generations, This is why somebody like bloomberg has to throw $50 million of his own money at a "cause" like this and the NRA has 4.5 million people PAYING the NRA to be members. And the best part is that bloomberg's new organization will focus on enforcing background checks which have been in place the whole time he has been screaming about tougher gun laws. $50 million to inform people about laws that have been in place for decades. Money well spent for sure.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:15:06 AM EDT
[#18]
NRA-ILA and SAF are both good places to donate to
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:15:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

As I have said before people who are anti-gun are usualy not as firm in their beliefs as people who are pro-gun.
Many, not all, of the antis are people who are just on the bandwagon because this is a hot topic and it is the cool thing to do. Most can't tell the difference between an m&p22 and an ar10 chambered in .308 and the vastly different uses of those two guns. However, most, if not all, of the pro-gun people are people who have a family history of owning and shooting or a hunting tradition that goes back generations, This is why somebody like bloomberg has to throw $50 million of his own money at a "cause" like this and the NRA has 4.5 million people PAYING the NRA to be members. And the best part is that bloomberg's new organization will focus on enforcing background checks which have been in place the whole time he has been screaming about tougher gun laws. $50 million to inform people about laws that have been in place for decades. Money well spent for sure.

View Quote

I disagree. It's a religious duty for them.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:15:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Good, I hope he bankrupts himself tilting against this windmill.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:16:29 AM EDT
[#21]
He's on NBC Today show now.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:17:26 AM EDT
[#22]
He says 80-90% of Americans agree with him...
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:18:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because you can't strangle a porcupine.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:19:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Like it, lump it, love it or leave it, all Bloomie is going to do is make things worse.

How many people are going to turn them in?

Look at CT and look at NY.

How many actually got registered?

Now they are simply in the hands of criminals.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:19:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Not asking for gun control, I am simply asking that we keep them out of the hands of people that shouldn't own them...
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:20:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Wayne LaPierre wants to thank Mayor Bloomberg for helping his spring membership drive succeed.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:21:03 AM EDT
[#27]
What a crock of shit...

I still support your right to hunt and target practice...

because that's the point right?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:24:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I hope he wastes his entire fortune pursuing his failed gun control agenda and dies homeless and destitute in a gutter somewhere.
View Quote

Hopefully Thursday.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:36:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Not asking for gun control, I am simply asking that we keep them out of the hands of people that shouldn't own them...
View Quote

Yeah, he is doing the "nobody wants to take your guns" bullshit; but one of the major policy initiatives of his organization is to ban the ownership of semi-automatic firearms.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:39:43 AM EDT
[#30]
While I am certainly biased from a marketing standpoint as I am 100% opposed to their agenda like everyone else here. Does any one else think his anti-gun .orgs have terrible names? None of them roll off the tongue, all sound overly wordy and moon batty to me.  

"Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America — into an umbrella group known as Everytown for Gun Safety".

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:40:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
In his first major political investment since leaving City Hall, former Mayor Michael Bloomberg is taking aim at one of his favorite targets — the NRA.

Bloomberg plans to spend $50 million of his vast fortune to bankroll grass-roots efforts to build a national network dedicated to passing stricter gun-control laws in America, The New York Times reported Tuesday.

Bloomberg said the game plan calls for absorbing the gun control groups that he has funded — Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America — into an umbrella group known as Everytown for Gun Safety. They will focus enrollment efforts in 15 states, including such pro-gun strongholds as Texas, and seek to land a million new backers this year.

The strategy takes a long view of how to produce change on gun reform, and is designed to beat the National Rifle Association at its own game: developing the political clout needed to get lawmakers to back the group’s agenda — and to punish those who don’t.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bloomberg-pledges-50m-fight-nra-article-1.1757801#ixzz2z2afmHaU
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bloomberg-pledges-50m-fight-nra-article-1.1757801
View Quote

take note folks, this is how you play to win.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:44:18 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote

In the minds of Bloomberg, Stalin, Hitler and every other tyrant that has ever existed, that is everyone that opposes their agenda and policies.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:59:06 AM EDT
[#33]
He is pretty much a dickhead.

That's all I have to say about that.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:00:56 AM EDT
[#34]
I hate this man with more furor than just about anybody ever.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:04:31 AM EDT
[#35]
I am buying a couple friends 3 year memberships today.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:09:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I have hopes for a swift and fatal disease for that liberal progressive bastard, who wants to enslave humanity.  Swift as possible please.
View Quote

He says he's earned his way into heaven, there is no doubt.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:16:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Does that arrogant douchebag even reside in this country anymore? I hear he spends most of his time at his mansion in Bermuda, protected by heavily armed guards.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:19:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Funny.

The crowd that bemoans unlimited monetary donations to candidates (liberals) says nothing bad about this.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:31:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Collective salvation liberation theology. Not a doubt they will get more than 5 million NRA members. Democrats and their ACLU social progressive left surrogate allies will never stop.

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! ~Isaiah 5:20
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:01:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Piss off a liberal, buy an NRA membership. The politicians noticed that after Newtown the NRA increased its membership by a large amount.
Yahoo has an article today saying Reid is tabling any anti-gun legislation before the election. Those NRA donations add up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:11:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Too bad he didn't live in the anti-gun utopia that was Nazi Germany.

Oh wait, that wouldn't have fared well for him.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:16:00 AM EDT
[#42]
What is going to be interesting is to see if he actually brings a new strategy to his gun control campaign. There has been more political chatter about mental health than there has been about legislating guns away from the good guys. There has also been an increase in the review of the databases that feed the background check machines.

In the past, the focus has been on keeping guns out of the hands of the good guys. More evidence comes every day that the bad guys that are inflicting the pain on our society would not have been stopped by any current or increased controls on the good guys. More and more evidence comes to light that the bad guys go after soft targets and get their guns through other means. More evidence is also being put together that the key to controlling these bad guys is FAST intervention from the good guys. Seems like a bad gun-control arguement to contiinue to push for restrictions on the good guys. It's not gone well for this in MOST areas of the country.

My concern is that they could change tactics and focus of identifying, tracking and controlling those with mental illnesses. One option to argue is for the classifying of these folks as " mental risks" and flagged in background check databases. THIS WOULD BE A HUGE CHANGE IN DIRECTION FROM THE PRO GUN CONTROL LOBBY. If they go this route, they face an uphill battle of biblical proportion. This would mean the removal of DR/patient confidentiality and the removal of HIPAA regulations regarding the access to patient records.

I really think that Bloomberg and the other pro-gun idiots don't have any clue as to the real issues they face.

My support for the NRA has never been stronger. (A long term BENEFACTOR LIFE member at your service)
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:03:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:08:42 AM EDT
[#44]
It should be pretty easy to troll this douche.  

Maybe I should form a group called "End Gun Violence NOW!"  or some such.

Of course, my idea for the best way to end gun violence involves a reticle....  
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:10:09 AM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
What is going to be interesting is to see if he actually brings a new strategy to his gun control campaign. There has been more political chatter about mental health than there has been about legislating guns away from the good guys. There has also been an increase in the review of the databases that feed the background check machines.

In the past, the focus has been on keeping guns out of the hands of the good guys. More evidence comes every day that the bad guys that are inflicting the pain on our society would not have been stopped by any current or increased controls on the good guys. More and more evidence comes to light that the bad guys go after soft targets and get their guns through other means. More evidence is also being put together that the key to controlling these bad guys is FAST intervention from the good guys. Seems like a bad gun-control arguement to contiinue to push for restrictions on the good guys. It's not gone well for this in MOST areas of the country.

My concern is that they could change tactics and focus of identifying, tracking and controlling those with mental illnesses. One option to argue is for the classifying of these folks as " mental risks" and flagged in background check databases. THIS WOULD BE A HUGE CHANGE IN DIRECTION FROM THE PRO GUN CONTROL LOBBY. If they go this route, they face an uphill battle of biblical proportion. This would mean the removal of DR/patient confidentiality and the removal of HIPAA regulations regarding the access to patient records.

I really think that Bloomberg and the other pro-gun idiots don't have any clue as to the real issues they face.

My support for the NRA has never been stronger. (A long term BENEFACTOR LIFE member at your service)
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Too bad he didn't live in the anti-gun utopia that was Nazi Germany.

Oh wait, that wouldn't have fared well for him.
View Quote

Like his buddy George, I'm sure he'd have been a Funktionshäftling.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#48]
He will do to NRA Donations, what Obama did for gun sales.

Screw him
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#49]
What a twat.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It should be pretty easy to troll this douche.  

Maybe I should form a group called "End Gun Violence NOW!"  or some such.

Of course, my idea for the best way to end gun violence involves a reticle....  
View Quote

ARFcom makes some BS gun control group + we all play along + we ask for his donation = profit??
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top