User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:26:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Oh dear.... desk duty."

Have you ever experienced a paper cut? Have you? Unless you have been on desk duty you haven't a clue what you are talking about.

Empty that wastebasket!
View Quote

I can't, its full of illegally seized AKs and Eric won't be here until Tuesday to take them to Mexico.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:29:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Conspiracy is a felony. Repaying their pensions to the public they betrayed should follow any felony conviction.
View Quote
Hell yes.

Some quality snuggle time in GenPop will also do them wonders .

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:08:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Not everywhere is NYC but if what happens in liberal criminal loving NYC happens, what happens elsewhere?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pay attention to Extorris and you will see he isn't proud of his time with NYPD except for the retirement that he got for it.  

Yep. Over the last few years, he has opened my eyes a little.

Not everywhere is NYC but if what happens in liberal criminal loving NYC happens, what happens elsewhere?

Everything you've ever seen in NYC happens other places too.  It's just not quite as concentrated elsewhere. Last I checked no one has made a magic cop mood and temperment detector yet.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:16:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How about some fucking perjury charges, to start?
View Quote

How about an investigation, to start?  There seems to be more to it than just perjury. Conspiracy? Civil rights violations? This is going to bite them in the ass.... Hard.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:17:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Throw out all their other cases too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:17:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We had an intern that went to work for NYPD after leaving here.  I spoke with him a couple months ago when he was back on vacation and he had some pretty screwed up stories, particularly about some of the IA "stings" the department does.
View Quote

The last sting IA tried on me was so obvious it was laughable.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:25:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:24:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Don't worry man. I will never tell anyone where the body is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We had an intern that went to work for NYPD after leaving here.  I spoke with him a couple months ago when he was back on vacation and he had some pretty screwed up stories, particularly about some of the IA "stings" the department does.

A "concerned citizen", aka IA guy in plain clothes, came up to me to turn in some property he "found" to see if I'd steal it. When he walked away I said "Thanks detective".
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:28:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
Seems they are thinking about it.

And they will, until folks forget about it, then it will quietly disappear.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:54:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A "concerned citizen", aka IA guy in plain clothes, came up to me to turn in some property he "found" to see if I'd steal it. When he walked away I said "Thanks detective".
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:09:58 AM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/SPpOOiT3V7g

"Hablo Smith and Wesson?"
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:22:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

BS, there is not a single arfcop that will and you know it.

Sickens me too, honesty and integrity seems to be a rare trait now days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Somebody will defend that shit. Sickens me.

So why are police officers automatically considered more trustworthy than the public?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:24:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So why are police officers automatically considered more trustworthy than the public?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In general, at least where I am, I believe it's true.  Of course nothing is fool proof.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

By who?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:25:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What was the property?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:26:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

By who?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

By who?

Obviously not you
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:27:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

By who?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

By who?

Presumably the courts for one.  If an officer tickets me for rolling through a stop sign and I say that I came to a complete stop I have an expectation as to what the outcome would be.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:28:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What was the property?
View Quote

A wallet that had some money and two earrings in it. That required 3 separate property vouchers for me to prepare. I guess he thought I'd pocket the money and toss the rest in the garbage.
They weren't too slick with their different stings but they always managed to get some dumbass.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:28:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
In general, at least where I am, I believe it's true.  Of course nothing is fool proof.
View Quote

In general I agree with you.  The problem is the bad apples look just the same from the outside.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:29:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

A wallet that had some money and two earrings in it. That required 3 separate property vouchers for me to prepare. I guess he thought I'd pocket the money and toss the rest in the garbage.
They weren't too slick with their different stings but they always managed to get some dumbass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What was the property?

Make something idiot proof and the come out with a better idiot.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:29:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, unfourtunately that is the way stuff works.
Inocent until proven guilty.

I don't like it either but there it is.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Presumably the courts for one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By who?

Presumably the courts for one.

Depends on the area. It's one of the reasons our DA's office never bothered with cases that stemmed from consent to search. They knew no one would believe the cop if he said the person gave consent.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:31:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Presumably the courts for one.  If an officer tickets me for rolling through a stop sign and I say that I came to a complete stop I have an expectation as to what the outcome would be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By who?

Yeah, it's nice that the cops here claim not to automatically trust other cops, but judges do, and that's sorta what matters.  Joe Citizen is rarely going to win a he-said, he-said with a cop in a courtroom, especially for a traffic violation.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:32:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By who?

Best reason I can come up with is that you are there because you got a ticket.  Officer is there because they went through months of background checks, months of an academy and field training, passed it all, and became a police officer, then saw you roll through a stop sign, and gave you a ticket.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:32:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:33:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some others were even more priceless.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:40:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Best reason I can come up with is that you are there because you got a ticket.  Officer is there because they went through months of background checks, months of an academy and field training, passed it all, and became a police officer, then saw you roll through a stop sign, and gave you a ticket.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By who?

And his word is trusted than the person's he pulled over.  Point proven.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:43:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
 Officer is there because they went through months of background checks, months of an academy and field training, passed it all, and became a police officer,
View Quote

So did the 5 guys in the story this thread is about.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:45:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Officer is there because they went through months of background checks, months of an academy and field training, passed it all, and became a police officer,

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:47:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All I'm saying is, as a judge, who knows the officer has been through SOME type of background check and mostly deals with actual criminals as defendants, I can see why they would, sight unseen, side with the officer without other variables.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Fuckem.
View Quote

exactly.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:50:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By who?

It's up to you whether or not you trust his word more than the other persons.  I'm just stating that I can understand why.*

*This excludes NYC, all boroughs, pretty much all of urban New England, vast majority of CA, liberal stronghold shitholes, and anywhere the NRA is not welcomed with open arms.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:52:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Repay their pensions? They're still working and haven't collected them yet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Repaying their pensions to the public they betrayed should follow any felony conviction.

Repay their pensions? They're still working and haven't collected them yet.

All five officers were later stripped of their police powers and put on desk duty pending internal investigations

Its cute when people parrot talking points without understanding how the process actually works.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:00:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It's cute when people parrot talking points without understanding how the process actually works.
View Quote

Silly me, I thought you actually had to retire first.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:03:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By who?

Devilpig has a point, cops tend to be more trustworthy people because of the strict hiring process.  This is true in my area, at least, because when it is done properly it weeds out lots of people.  My department tends to get good applicants compared to many departments because we have one of the highest pay rates in the state and a good reputation as a department, so t hat is certainly part of it here too.

Another thing to consider is that a guy who is in court because he was ticketed has a vested interest in his side of the story while the cop doesn't get anything for writing him a ticket.  The cop has no reason to lie, he's just there because he's doing his job.  I've seen many defendants lie in court.  I knew they were because I was at the incident and knew exactly what happened.  I've yet to ever see a cop lie in court and only know of one at my department that ever lied in an internal investigation.  He was fired for it.  I have never seen a defendant punished for telling lies in court, they just get convicted of their charges.  There is little incentive not to lie for them.

To illustrate it another way, if there is a fight between A and B and A's witness is his girlfriend saying B started it (she has a vested interest in her boyfriend not going to jail)  and B's witness is a random passerby that doesn't know either party saying A started it (this witness has no vested interest in the outcome)  I'll usually believe B and B's witness.  The same principle applies in court where a defendant has very strong motivations to lie where the cop doesn't.  It isn't like my pay increases with arrests and/or convictions.  In fact, my department (and many others from what I hear) tend to punish the guys out doing proactive work because it tends to generate more work and complaints.  Basically a defendant has every reason to lie with no consequences for it while I have no reason to lie and severe consequences if I do.  I think that is a pretty strong indicator of who is more likely to lie.  

Does it mean cops never lie in court?  Of course not, as evidenced by this incident.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:07:35 AM EDT
[#38]
isolated incident
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:09:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Devilpig has a point, cops tend to be more trustworthy people because of the strict hiring process.  This is true in my area, at least, because when it is done properly it weeds out lots of people.  My department tends to get good applicants compared to many departments because we have one of the highest pay rates in the state and a good reputation as a department, so t hat is certainly part of it here too.
more likely to lie.
View Quote

Yeah it varies greatly depending on the department.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:10:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

By who?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

By who?

Everyone involved in the legal system besides the person being prosecuted?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:11:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By who?

Varies greatly by region. That wasn't my experience.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:15:12 AM EDT
[#42]
BTW, haven't read all four pages ...... has FedDC showed up yet to explain that these officers lying under oath has been taken out of context?

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:17:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's cute when people parrot talking points without understanding how the process actually works.

I do believe that my checks have been getting lost in the mail as well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:17:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Typical police response to questions while in the jury box:  To the best of my recollection!  As I seem to recall!  I believed it to be an illegal action!  Just the three I heard.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:18:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
BTW, haven't read all four pages ...... has FedDC showed up yet to explain that these officers lying under oath has been taken out of context?
View Quote

He's gassing up the D9.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By who?

Don't ruin the "woe is me" fantasies....the lack of honor had almost gotten to a point where they were going to revolt.  I wanted to watch.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:22:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-04-15/news/ct-police-testimony-lies-met-20140415_1_police-officers-five-officers-chicago-police

Side note: I don't want anyone to think that these posts about corruption are meant to impugn the character of any of the LEO that post here, that is not my intention, honestly. There are always rotten apples in any profession.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
All five are veteran officers. Glenview Officer Jim Horn declined to comment Monday, while the other four — Sgt. James Padar and Officers Vince Morgan and William Pruente, all assigned to narcotics for Chicago police, and Glenview Sgt. Theresa Urbanowski — could not be reached for comment.

"Police officers are just like anybody — just because they're wearing a badge and carrying a gun does not give them more credibility," said Cook County Public Defender Abishi Cunningham Jr., a former Chicago prosecutor, defense attorney and judge.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-04-15/news/ct-police-testimony-lies-met-20140415_1_police-officers-five-officers-chicago-police

Side note: I don't want anyone to think that these posts about corruption are meant to impugn the character of any of the LEO that post here, that is not my intention, honestly. There are always rotten apples in any profession.

What makes you think none of those five post here?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:22:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on the state...if you get fired here in NJ for committing an Indictable offense (Felony) you forfeit the money you've put into the pension.  if you get fired for any other reason, or quit, you get your payments back, less taxes in a lump sum.  Interestingly Police are the ONLY ones who forfeit Pension contributions/Pension if they commit a crime...Politicians get to keep theirs.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:51:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does that question have to do with what I posted and who here said they are?

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://static.tumblr.com/2f53462b00ac003e327efa7450d7c873/qevui4r/gO7mymea0/tumblr_static_bazinga.jpg

So because of a small % of bad cops we're all bad?

I've read multiple times here that there's no magical way to tell a good cop from a bad cop so I'll treat them all as bad cops.
I've also read here multiple complaints on cops treating everyone as criminals.

Goose gander?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top