Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:29:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How about some fucking perjury charges, to start?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Learn the meaning of sarcasm, fellas.  I'm not being sarcastic, I'm serious as hell.  Read it again:  who's version of justice, the cops and who's definition of good faith, the cops?  Lying in court of law (and our governing bodies) to advance one's own agenda(s) has put this country in trouble.

I'll pull back on the "idiot" comment to M-60, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I feel that particular opinion leads to VERY bad outcomes, especially in court and other lawmaking bodies (reference Obama and Holder again, as well as Congress).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

You better send your Sarcasm meter in for recalibration, it's definitely on the Fritz........

Learn the meaning of sarcasm, fellas.  I'm not being sarcastic, I'm serious as hell.  Read it again:  who's version of justice, the cops and who's definition of good faith, the cops?  Lying in court of law (and our governing bodies) to advance one's own agenda(s) has put this country in trouble.

I'll pull back on the "idiot" comment to M-60, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I feel that particular opinion leads to VERY bad outcomes, especially in court and other lawmaking bodies (reference Obama and Holder again, as well as Congress).

They are talking about my post that was pretty obvious a trollolalala statement.  Chill out, everyone in the thread is on the same page as you.  The thin blue liners wont touch this one with a 20 foot pole while secured in their new MRAPs.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:57:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Fuckers.

Perjury charges.

Let them make bail.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:57:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

So much fail in just three posts.  Let me help you buddy, the guy you quoted and called an idiot was being EXTREMELY sarcastic, and your meter failed to read it.  Getting it now?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:57:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a rope, and it longs to touch those who deserve it's embrace around their neck.
View Quote

Wonder woman, is that you?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:08:27 PM EDT
[#6]
and the drugs never made it to the property room.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:17:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
quote]Quoted:
If the officers acted in good faith while they were helping expedite justice, then it's all good.  At least they are going home safe from their tours of duty every night.[/quote

Who's fucking justice, theirs?  Bullshit, the law is the fucking law.  Who's definition of good faith, theirs?  Obama and Holder are "governing" according to their "good faith" in order to expedite their idea of "justice."  I don't normally print (but sometimes do think) this statement on GD, but for you to say this defines you as an idiot.  I uphold and will continue to defend your right to say it, but I also defend and uphold my right to say what I think of your opinion.

Please check your sarcasm meter and check back with us.

Sarcasm meter checked and still in working order.  Pegged at zero.  

Your point?  I think mine's clear enough.  Not trying to start shit, but EVERYONE has their own unique idea of what is right (in their minds), but lying on the stand is wrong.  Period.

You better send your Sarcasm meter in for recalibration, it's definitely on the Fritz........

Wow, you're new at this, eh?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:17:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Remember Jerry. It's not a lie if you believe it.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:19:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:32:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The first rule of testilying is don't get caught testilying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Obviously getting caught comitting perjury isn't something that is condoned by the FOP or anybody in the Police Department," Camden said. "These are allegations, and an investigation is taking place. We will make sure our officers are fully trained to avoid getting caught in the future."

Fixed.

The first rule of testilying is don't get caught testilying.

Cameras will no longer be permitted. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:48:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Somebody will defend that shit. Sickens me.
View Quote

Yes they will.  And they will win.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:55:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Look at that. 5 isolated incidents in one incident.
View Quote

Ha Ha Ha!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:57:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

How about some fucking perjury charges, to start?
View Quote
FPNI

Throw them all in jail for 20 years and send a message. FUCK THEM.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:07:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Illinois? My surprised face.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:07:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Your point?  I think mine's clear enough.  Not trying to start shit, but EVERYONE has their own unique idea of what is right (in their minds), but lying on the stand is wrong.  Period.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If the officers acted in good faith while they were helping expedite justice, then it's all good.  At least they are going home safe from their tours of duty every night.

Who's fucking justice, theirs?  Bullshit, the law is the fucking law.  Who's definition of good faith, theirs?  Obama and Holder are "governing" according to their "good faith" in order to expedite their idea of "justice."  I don't normally print (but sometimes do think) this statement on GD, but for you to say this defines you as an idiot.  I uphold and will continue to defend your right to say it, but I also defend and uphold my right to say what I think of your opinion.

Please check your sarcasm meter and check back with us.

Yeah - your meter is broken
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:10:49 AM EDT
[#16]
The only thing which is unusual about this case is that the defendant was able to prove that the government agents lied.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:10:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:11:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:12:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We just don't understand how it's supposed to work and we certainly don't have all the information.

Does this mean that all of their previous testimony is now going to have to be tossed?  Because if I were in jail (guilty or not) because of their testimony, I would be contacting an attorney ASAP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We just don't understand how it's supposed to work and we certainly don't have all the information.

Does this mean that all of their previous testimony is now going to have to be tossed?  Because if I were in jail (guilty or not) because of their testimony, I would be contacting an attorney ASAP.

If it isn't, they should get to share a private cell with those they put in jail.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:19:25 AM EDT
[#20]
That guy is tense. Tension is a killer. I used to be in a barbershop quartet in Skokie, Illinois. The baritone was this guy named Kip Diskin, big fat guy, I mean, like, orca fat. He was so stressed in the morning...
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:23:15 AM EDT
[#21]
No big surprise; it is Cook County SOP.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:25:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Here is another recent case involving multiple officers caught lying under oath.

LAPD officer gets community service, probation for lying under oath
April 9, 2014

A Los Angeles police officer convicted of perjury and conspiracy after lying about the details of an arrest in court was sentenced Wednesday to community labor and three years' formal probation.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge George G. Lomeli ordered Manuel Bernardo Ortiz to perform 900 hours of California Department of Transportation work or graffiti removal.

Ortiz, 40, was charged in 2009 along with two fellow officers of lying under oath during a criminal trial  about the details of an arrest in Hollywood.
View Quote

Former officers Evan Samuel and Richard Amio were convicted of multiple counts of perjury for testifying falsely during different court proceedings.
View Quote

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-officer-perjury-sentencing-20140409,0,1193590.story
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:27:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuckem.

I say, if guilty, execute them.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:29:34 AM EDT
[#24]
I can only assume that the truth made a furtive movement.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:33:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

One isolated incident per isolated incident isn't enough when you're held to a higher standard.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:34:29 AM EDT
[#26]
What's new?  This happens all the time I'm sure.  I was in court for a traffic ticket and there was a guy that I knew that had been busted for underage drinking at a party and I had been there when it went down. When the officer took the stand it was obvious that he must have been at a different party because his testimony was completely different than what had actually happened.  He had twisted the facts to make the guy look worse than he was.  That moment was when I realized that trusting every cop might not be a wise idea.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:38:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Normal police operating procedure.

The officers just happened to get caught.

Don't worry though, they will be back on the street violating peoples rights in short order.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:40:17 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

We need to win the War on Drugs by any means necessary.  
View Quote

This (including the smiley.)

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:44:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-04-15/news/ct-police-testimony-lies-met-20140415_1_police-officers-five-officers-chicago-police

Side note: I don't want anyone to think that these posts about corruption are meant to impugn the character of any of the LEO that post here, that is not my intention, honestly. There are always rotten apples in any profession.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
All five are veteran officers. Glenview Officer Jim Horn declined to comment Monday, while the other four — Sgt. James Padar and Officers Vince Morgan and William Pruente, all assigned to narcotics for Chicago police, and Glenview Sgt. Theresa Urbanowski — could not be reached for comment.

"Police officers are just like anybody — just because they're wearing a badge and carrying a gun does not give them more credibility," said Cook County Public Defender Abishi Cunningham Jr., a former Chicago prosecutor, defense attorney and judge.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-04-15/news/ct-police-testimony-lies-met-20140415_1_police-officers-five-officers-chicago-police

Side note: I don't want anyone to think that these posts about corruption are meant to impugn the character of any of the LEO that post here, that is not my intention, honestly. There are always rotten apples in any profession.

Obviously, and honestly the public needs to be as vigilant as they can to counter corruption.

However, two points;

1) always pointing out corruption leads the public to see corruption everywhere, even where it may or may not exist.
2) not pointing out corruption leads to more favorable atmosphere for more corruption.

If the public at large will not take a stand and hold our elected officials accountable for their corruption, who is really to blame?

We get what we allow.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:45:42 AM EDT
[#30]
That judge is not a highly trained and experienced police officer, how can she judge the reasonableness of their actions?

Is there video anywhere? I would love to see the the look on their collective faces.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:50:08 AM EDT
[#31]
So obviously they've overturned every conviction and released every prisoner convicted on the basis of testimony from each of these lying pieces of dog shit, right?

They've refunded every fine imposed on the basis of those "officers" reports too.

Right?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:55:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You're overly optimistic. Half a dozen will defend it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're overly optimistic. Half a dozen will defend it.

Nobody has and nobody will. It's sad how you guys get going in a circle jerk in these threads and when no one provides what you expect should be the "typical" JBT response, you make the "typical" response yourselves and then pile on. There are even a couple of people in here who aren't smart enough to figure out when someone is being sarcastic and then start yelling at the faux JBT.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:56:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nah, it's easy to say "screw those guys" when the proof is presented at the outset. Here's the more interesting question:  How many LE would automatically believe them if there was no video?  Just a defendant saying " those guys are lying" and his word against theirs.  And how many, after reading about this event, will still automatically believe LE the next time unless there's definitive proof to the contrary?  Judging from what I've read here, it's still easily over 90%.  And no number of cops lying to cover their ass will change it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:08:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The only thing which is unusual about this case is that the defendant was able to prove that the government agents lied.
View Quote

Which is why you never fuck around when it's your life on the line, and you never hire the public defender unless it's your absolutely last choice.  If I were ever accused of something serious, I'd sell a kidney to hire a good attorney before I'd let the public defender work my case.  

Attorneys are like septic tank pumpers.  When you don't need one, you don't even want to know they exist, but when you do need one, you want the best one you can afford.  Flightless or not.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:15:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
That guy is tense. Tension is a killer. I used to be in a barbershop quartet in Skokie, Illinois. The baritone was this guy named Kip Diskin, big fat guy, I mean, like, orca fat. He was so stressed in the morning...
View Quote

I'm surprised it took until page 2 for that to be posted.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:22:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:32:08 AM EDT
[#37]
As a former resident of that part of the planet, I am not surprised by this. Granted not all cops in that geographical area lie but there are wayyyyyy too many that do and are corrupt.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:32:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So obviously they've overturned every conviction and released every prisoner convicted on the basis of testimony from each of these lying pieces of dog shit, right?

They've refunded every fine imposed on the basis of those "officers" reports too.

Right?
View Quote

And lets not forget all the money spent on lawyers.

Most people have NO idea how expensive it is to defend themselves from the .gov.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:04:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Here is one from the LAPD.

Lying officer with 3 substantiated commission misconduct issues is kept on force due to Nepotism.

LAPD Chief Charlie Beck defends decision not to fire officer for lying

Police Chief Charlie Beck has defended his decision to overrule a disciplinary board’s recommendation to fire a police officer with close family ties to the department, denying favoritism played a role in his determination.

A Los Angeles Police Department disciplinary board found that Officer Shaun Hillman should be terminated for lack of integrity, stemming from an investigation into an off-duty incident at a Riverside County bar. Hillman was caught on tape using a racial slur during a late-night altercation in Norco but later denied it to LAPD investigators. The board advised that he be fired for lying in the investigation, not for the fight itself.

Beck overruled the board’s decision, something he has done just twice in his term as the city’s top cop, and handed down a 65-day suspension instead.
View Quote

http://www.dailynews.com/government-and-politics/20140402/lapd-chief-charlie-beck-defends-decision-not-to-fire-officer-for-lying
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:17:59 AM EDT
[#40]
War on Drugz!!? Yay!!!

I wonder how many innocent people sit in prison because of shit-bags like that?
I'm guessing it's quite a number.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:22:57 AM EDT
[#41]
It was made very clear to me when I was a recruit that the last thing I would do as a police officer was lie.  Get caught in a lie and your credibility is gone, you can no longer give court room testimony, and your career is over.

I've seen it happen to one of my co-workers.  Lied about something stupid in an internal investigation and instead of getting perhaps a day or two off he was fired.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:32:28 AM EDT
[#42]
isolated incident
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:25:06 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Lying officer with 3 substantiated commission misconduct issues is kept on force due to Nepotism.

http://www.dailynews.com/government-and-politics/20140402/lapd-chief-charlie-beck-defends-decision-not-to-fire-officer-for-lying
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Police Chief Charlie Beck has defended his decision to overrule a disciplinary board’s recommendation to fire a police officer with close family ties to the department, denying favoritism played a role in his determination.

A Los Angeles Police Department disciplinary board found that Officer Shaun Hillman should be terminated for lack of integrity, stemming from an investigation into an off-duty incident at a Riverside County bar. Hillman was caught on tape using a racial slur during a late-night altercation in Norco but later denied it to LAPD investigators. The board advised that he be fired for lying in the investigation, not for the fight itself.

Beck overruled the board’s decision, something he has done just twice in his term as the city’s top cop, and handed down a 65-day suspension instead.

Damn!  65 days!  I wonder if his dad is Deputy Chief Mike Hillman?  Good guy.  The troops like working for him.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:30:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Damn!  65 days!  I wonder if his dad is Deputy Chief Mike Hillman?  Good guy.  The troops like working for him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that with or without pay? We couldn't be suspended without for more than 45 days.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:33:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Fire them, charge them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:40:59 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Is that with or without pay? We couldn't be suspended without for more than 45 days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would assume without.  The Chief can do what he pretty much wants.  For us, anything over 30 days would be termination.  I think the most I've seen someone do is 10 days without.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:42:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I would assume without.  The Chief can do what he pretty much wants.  For us, anything over 30 days would be termination.  I think the most I've seen someone do is 10 days without.
View Quote

They used to hand out 30 days without like candy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:48:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:49:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

HA! That there is funny.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:04:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

BS, there is not a single arfcop that will and you know it.

Sickens me too, honesty and integrity seems to be a rare trait now days.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top