Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/15/2014 8:02:44 PM EDT
Family friend killed both of his parents before killing himself a few days ago.  Their funeral was today, and no ill words were spoken of the piece of shit.

ETA:  The guy was in his 50's, not a kid.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Crazy people are as the name suggests, crazy....

Honestly, just stay the fuck away from them. They are highly unpredictable.....

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Because they are chickenshits.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:16:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess that depends on what kind of crazy they are.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

But why hurt others if you hate yourself?  I can't even imagine hurting my family, let alone killing them.  If I was that miserable, I'd suck start a shotgun in the woods somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:19:04 PM EDT
[#5]
the term "batshit crazy" exists for a reason
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Programming??

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#7]
They want others to know they died.  When was the last time you heard about someone not famous killing them self?  Now how many do you remember killed them self after killing a bunch first?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I have often wondered if these people lash out in a violent way. Blind rage.  Then regret sets in and suicide. Or if its mostly planned out.  Obviously its different in each case.. but I always wonder.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#9]
if i gave a reason its that they are fucked up in the head(its trying to understand something that isnt understandable), but once they take that last step and blow, there really is no other option for them. Pulling the trigger on another human being makes it that much easier to pull it on themselves.

I could be totally wrong in this but i think its our views on suicide. Our society bases our views in the belief that no one should commit suicide and its never better for anyone. Obviously in cases like this suicide would have been the better option. What if adam dickface blew his own head off instead of taking out 26 others? what a fucking tragedy that would have been. Prolly gonna take flak for saying it, but fuck it. I say we encourage fucks to opt out.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:28:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

But why hurt others if you hate yourself?  I can't even imagine hurting my family, let alone killing them.  If I was that miserable, I'd suck start a shotgun in the woods somewhere.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they know even though they'll be dead they'll get lots of attention.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But they're fucking dead...they will never attain the attention they desire!

It was this douchbags birthday, his mom made him a cake and had a party for him.  Then the fuck killed them when everyone left.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
if i gave a reason its that they are fucked up in the head(its trying to understand something that isnt understandable), but once they take that last step and blow, there really is no other option for them. Pulling the trigger on another human being makes it that much easier to pull it on themselves.

I could be totally wrong in this but i think its our views on suicide. Our society bases our views in the belief that no one should commit suicide and its never better for anyone. Obviously in cases like this suicide would have been the better option. What if adam dickface blew his own head off instead of taking out 26 others? what a fucking tragedy that would have been. Prolly gonna take flak for saying it, but fuck it. I say we encourage fucks to opt out.
View Quote

or drown in the bath tub. . .
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:42:04 PM EDT
[#13]
It might have something to do with the thinking of "I don't want these people to suffer just because I'm gone, so I'll take them out as well"  
It doesn't make any rational sense, but usually nothing does in situations like that.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Because rationality and crazy do not go hand in hand.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:42:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Sometimes they don't want their family to suffer for their death so they kill them to save them from the pain, fucked up I know, but that is how they look at it. In Andrea Gates case she felt she was a bad mom, suffered from post partom depression and had a husband that just wanted a bunch of children. She felt the children would be better off in heaven then suffer from having a terrible mother.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:48:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

They want others to know they died.  When was the last time you heard about someone not famous killing them self?  Now how many do you remember killed them self after killing a bunch first?
View Quote
This. I'm too lazy to google it but I seem to remember a wise dude or two theorized a popular human desire is to be remembered. Famous or infamous, doesn't matter, you'll be remembered. It's very difficult and takes time to become famous.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Make a name for themselves.  Usually these people were nothing in life, totally unremarkable.  Go out with a big enough bang, people will remember you forever.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#18]
attention, hatred, evil
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Make a name for themselves.  Usually these people were nothing in life, totally unremarkable.  Go out with a big enough bang, people will remember you forever.
View Quote

Old man killed his parents, then himself...He won't be remembered for shit.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Watch the movie  " Falling Down ".   Foster ( Douglas ) starts out thinking he is doing good, but in the end, he was getting ready to shoot his own daughter.

We've normalized and elevated immaturity,  selfishness, ego and above all, narcissism.

Killing your parents and then yourself is the way to go when it's all about the infantile you and you feel the mommy and daddy did so many mean things.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Looking for their insignificant lives to be remembered.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:56:42 PM EDT
[#22]
All coins have two sides.

For every "I would have never thought he would do that, he seemed like such a nice quiet boy, he always kept to himself", no one ever seems to consider what all the "other" seemingly normal family members might have had going on behind closed doors.

Some folks are simply disturbed, but I have a hard time believing most of these folks were hunky dory one minute, then just "snapped".
It's unlikely a lot of this type of thing happens in a vacuum.

Nothing justifies this type of madness.
I suspect however it may happen for "reasons" known only to the family members more often than most would suspect.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#23]
I always figured it was one of two things. Either rage, as in "I'll make them all pay for screwing with me"  or else a desire to go out in a blaze of glory and make a name for themselves.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

BINGO!!!

This girl woman nailed it right on the head....

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:59:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Dick move, every time.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:59:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that's another story, I thought you were talking about "mass shooters".  The situation that you're referring to is more than likely someone who sucks at life and wants to end it, but blames someone else for his misfortune.  They kill them first out of revenge, then themselves.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

For every "I would have never thought he would do that, he seemed like such a nice quiet boy, he always kept to himself", no one ever seems to consider what all the "other" seemingly normal family members might have had going on behind closed doors.

Some folks are simply disturbed, but I have a hard time believing most of these folks were hunky dory one minute, then just "snapped".
View Quote

This particular guy was said to be a drunk...but that doesn't explain it, hell I drink and don't want to hurt anyone.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:01:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not just leave them?
If you ever loved them, why not just go?
I can't comprehend it, myself.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:03:44 PM EDT
[#29]
They've been taught by the media that that's how you do it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This particular guy was said to be a drunk...but that doesn't explain it, hell I drink and don't want to hurt anyone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand you knew the family, and this must be quite personal.
Please understand I was speaking in general, and probably should have been more tactful.
No offense intended.

ETA: I have had close personal experience with the effects of suicide, without going into too much detail.
Suffice it to say I am not speaking without reference.
My apologies, and prayers sent.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:49:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

But why hurt others if you hate yourself? [/img]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But why hurt others if you hate yourself? [/img]

What part of "the guy wants to be a giant piece of shit" is so hard to understand?

Seriously, I can't figure out why some people have a hard time understanding this.

The part about them being crazy?  That's the part where they decide to be a POS, not the part where they decide how they're going to do it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 11:12:49 PM EDT
[#32]
I'd say a lot of active shooter incidents arise because they want to become infamous by there actions since they lived uninteresting lives.  At least in death they will be well known thanks to 24 hours news networks.  Same probably goes for people you kill a few others before offing themselves.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:11:16 AM EDT
[#33]
They want to be understood on some level.  They want people to know their pain.  First by inflicting physical pain on others.  Then the fame and attention make even more people aware that the killer was in pain.  This way all the people who walked past them and didn't know they were in pain are punished or otherwise aware.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:48:55 AM EDT
[#34]
The very fact that you're not crazy and I'm not either means that we will never understand why. We joke about crazy people but until you've seen or been around someone like that. They are very scary indeed.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:29:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Because it makes things clean and tidy. It's relaxing to think of all the loose ends being tied up before you go.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:09:10 AM EDT
[#36]
it's not about suicide its about murder to them.....
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:11:12 AM EDT
[#37]
They have to do something so heinous that there is no turning back.  Cowards can't do it otherwise.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:16:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:25:07 AM EDT
[#39]
I advocated "Want to kill a bunch of innocent people? Start with yourself" billboards in my area. Unfortunately I could get little support for my PSA from the state.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:43:57 AM EDT
[#40]
For some, they want to commit suicide but just can't bring themselves to do it.  They believe if they do something horrible, like take another life, it will make turning the gun on themselves much easier.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:51:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Some people are just raging assholes.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:54:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Some do it  because they are on drugs legal or illegal. Some are batshit crazy, they think the people around them are demons or some crazy shit like that, some do it for hate, some for fame, some because they can.

Trying to understand the minds of killers isnt something I'd want to do for long.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:29:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"They" either want a feeling of control/power and/or to make others feel their pain.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:32:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Crazy people do crazy things.  There's nothing rational about it so don't bother wasting your time trying to figure out a rational thought process behind the decisions and actions.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:37:56 AM EDT
[#45]
As a psychologist, I believe that it has to do with desparation.

The "crazy" (mentally ill) person is a coward and afraid to kill themselves.

They have to desensitize themselves to death by way of murder while simultaneously working themselves into a position of hopeless deperation where suicide is the ONLY way out.

I come to this conclusion through extensive study of school shooters, causes and outcomes.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:40:43 AM EDT
[#46]
They hate the world and all of its people and blame them for their problem?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:42:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:48:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Tragic story.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:34:26 AM EDT
[#49]
He may fit the pattern that has emerged in recent research. The avg perpetrator is about 40-50. A number of studies indicated that alcohol was a factor in about 30% of cases. Depression was also found to be a significant factor in murder suicides.

Overall 70% of the victims are wives/girlfriends, 10% are infanticides, the rest are extrafamiliar and familicides (destruction of entire family).

On a gun control note a study in England discovered that more restrictive gun laws decreased the number of murder suicides involving firearms but had no effect on the overall rate.

The victims may be viewed by the perpetrator as a final barrier to suicide. This would imply that suicide, not the murder, is the primary goal. Thomas Joiner wrote a book about murder suicide titled The Perversion of Virtue. The desire of the murderer could be based on "virtues" such as justice, mercy, duty or glory(heroism). Often the murder of a spouse will occur due to the man not wanting the woman to "get away with" ruining his life. In his twisted view this was justice. An example of a "mercy" murder suicide might be a caregiver who murders a sickly victim and then takes their own life or a mother killing her children.  The glory killers when combined with justice motives tend to be callous and hyper violent in their methods. Examples such as Columbine, Virginia Tech, etc.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#50]

What I don't understand is why people kill themselves without taking out a bunch of jerks first. If you're going out, why not exact revenge first?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top