User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This...
Except for me, it was finger banging a Sig PM400 over at Gander Mtn. It was freaking sweet, but they wanted way too much... I figured I could put together the equivalent for about half the price. Now I just need to get some more lowers. And hide them from the wife.

http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/catalog/product/PM400_FDE-PSB-detail-Hero.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I feel you bro.

Just when I tell myself I'm going to start saving money I see a video about the Sig brace.Forever buying guns.

This...
Except for me, it was finger banging a Sig PM400 over at Gander Mtn. It was freaking sweet, but they wanted way too much... I figured I could put together the equivalent for about half the price. Now I just need to get some more lowers. And hide them from the wife.

http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/catalog/product/PM400_FDE-PSB-detail-Hero.jpg

i finger banged this a well now im pretty sure i have to build one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:44:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Does the AFG not count as a forward grip?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn , had the same craving last couple weeks ,I bought all the parts at last gun show here

[snip]

Spikes lower ,Spikes lower kit,  palmetto upper with 10.5  .223 Wylde barrel, turned my own muzzle device in the shop
Oh yeah and painted it rustoleum sand camo

Does the AFG not count as a forward grip?

Nope!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:13:28 AM EDT
[#3]
it's getting worse...i'm back to posting in the tech forums!

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:29:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Please explain further why you think a Glock pistol would be treated differently than an AR-15 pistol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think we would probably run into trouble on that because the Sig brace was approved, but once you put it in a traditional handgun the batfe will probably change their mind on the whole thing.

Please explain further why you think a Glock pistol would be treated differently than an AR-15 pistol.

Because just about everything the ATF does these days is on a whim.
Don't ever come at them with a logical argument and think that you've somehow got the upper hand.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:33:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Now imagine if it didn't take a stamp to build an sbr.
View Quote

The novelty wouldn't be there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

XO-26. Google it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, the pistols are only a transitional phase until the Form 1 comes back.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Like a caterpillar waiting to become a beautiful butterfly.

Caterpillar decided to use flaps instead

<a href="http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/plikatok/media/Sig%20516%20CQB/null_zps4e95315d.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd386/plikatok/Sig%20516%20CQB/null_zps4e95315d.jpg</a>

Uh.....

VFG? Isn't that a no-no?

XO-26. Google it.

The XO-26 uses an 11.5" bbl. Does yours hit a minimum OAL of at least 26" without the muzzle device? If so you're g2g, if not, it's an AOW.

I'll give you a heads up. My 10.5" 516 SBR (with the stock removed) doesn't meet the 26" minimum.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#7]
and inevitably...what are these emails from parts vendors doing in my inbox?

-diamondhead VRS T rail

-KAK buffer tube & flash can

worst part is that i ordered the frills before..you know...the barrel.  i don't even own an action block yet.

[edit: amusingly, i finally...finally...found an item for which CTD had the best price on the whole internet.  this confuses me--i still suspect a trick]

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
...snip...

The XO-26 uses an 11.5" bbl. Does yours hit a minimum OAL of at least 26" without the muzzle device? If so you're g2g, if not, it's an AOW.

I'll give you a heads up. My 10.5" 516 SBR (with the stock removed) doesn't meet the 26" minimum.
View Quote

I'll give you a tip. KAK Super tube. Mine has it. It's over 1" longer than your standard M4 tube. Do the math.

ETA:
Just in case you decide to copy mine
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'll give you a tip. KAK Super tube. Mine has it. It's over 1" longer than your standard M4 tube. Do the math.

ETA:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...snip...

ETA:

Cool. I just question the decision making of someone putting an X300 on that gasblock. It reaches insane temperatures (if actually fired) which could fry the electronics inside.

The Sig Brace worries me, not because of the SBR issue, but because I have a feeling it's giving false comfort to some who are possibly building AOWs without realizing it. Especially with minutia like the 26" OAL Min and the KAK tube less informed builders could be prone to building stuff that's not legal.

I'm more of an SBR guy, although I can appreciate the Sig brace for those that aren't.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:57:36 PM EDT
[#10]

7" 9mm

Building an 11", give or take soon.  Only going that over 7" because most suppressor manufacturers won't warranty that short, so I've been told.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:02:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=62719

7" 9mm

Building an 11", give or take soon.  Only going that over 7" because most suppressor manufacturers won't warranty that short, so I've been told.
View Quote

The sub 10.5" limit is typically for 5.56 guns. There are several .30 cans good for 7.5" use though (AAC 762SDN6 and Silencerco 7.62 Saker come to mind)
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Cool. I just question the decision making of someone putting an X300 on that gasblock. It reaches insane temperatures (if actually fired) which could fry the electronics inside.

The Sig Brace worries me, not because of the SBR issue, but because I have a feeling it's giving false comfort to some who are possibly building AOWs without realizing it. Especially with minutia like the 26" OAL Min and the KAK tube less informed builders could be prone to building stuff that's not legal.

I'm more of an SBR guy, although I can appreciate the Sig brace for those that aren't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
...snip...

ETA:

Yeah, lots of guys share the same sentiment on that X300U on the gas block. Just from my personal experience, I've ran the gun hard - mag dumps, suppressed. No issues. The bezel area actually gets hotter with the light on at extended periods vs. the gas block doing mag dumps.

I agree on the 26" and if people are not educated, they may get the wrong impression. I try to share the knowledge to those listening. The more people know about the rules, the better it is for everyone.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:20:39 PM EDT
[#13]
PSA has the sig pm400 with sig brace and an extra stripped lower on sale for 1099.99 right now.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:32:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:32:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

AR pistols suck to shoot. The first SBR I submitted a form 1 for, I built up as a pistol first and took to the range one time and thought "wow, this is wicked gay" after putting half a mag through it.

I don't shoot with the stock fully collapsed, so I can't imagine the Sig brace is any better. Maybe with a custom length buffer tube to get it in the right position.
View Quote

Thats weird. Im pretty big, but I have no problem with an EOTech on any of mine. Pull right up and go like hell.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Just think how bad it's been for me. Been here 13 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The amount of money this website continues to cost me is astounding

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Just think how bad it's been for me. Been here 13 years.

Welcome to the board!

I remember mailing list.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:14:01 PM EDT
[#17]
so what's everyone's take on the angled foregrip?  i always thought it seemed kinda gadgety and pointless, but enough guys use them to make me wonder.  would never use one on a rifle, but do they help with the pistol?

Link Posted: 5/13/2014 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#18]
The Walking Thread...

i'll let this completely die after the update, but the semester is finally over, and UPS delivered the final parts (BCG) just now.  built out the lower last night, but don't have a vise at home so i can't do the upper yet.  this did not prevent me from finger-tighting everything just to see how it will look.  

apologies for the potatography:

mixed bag of parts: aero upper/lower, PSA LPK and BCG, KAK tube/SIG brace, blem 10.5" bbl with flash can, diamondhead FF tube, and old aimpoint i had sitting in a box.  still need irons.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top