BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:51:21 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is disturbing. Have you developed a desire for Thai ladyboys?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, the pistols are only a transitional phase until the Form 1 comes back.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

AR Pistols are like a Thai ladyboy that still has a penis but has some amazing tits.

Not til the transition is complete
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:52:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

True but then I take the cane tip off and it is still a pistol.

The way things are going, ALL firearms will be illegal with 6 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Until the idiots at BATFE change their mind as they are prone to do.  

True but then I take the cane tip off and it is still a pistol.

The way things are going, ALL firearms will be illegal with 6 years.
You must be new here.   Oh.....

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:53:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Like a caterpillar waiting to become a beautiful butterfly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Caterpillar decided to use flaps instead

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:58:22 AM EDT
[#4]
This is why I'm just buying a SIG AR15 pistol outright instead of assembling one.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:06:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Next you will tell me to buy a suppressor because the made those legal earlier.  Then a full-auto, because Michigan allows those.  I'm trying to sell rifles not buy more.

I did see a local dealer listing stripped Spikes lowers for $99.00 though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Michigan just made SBR legal.  I must resist.

No. No you don't.

Do it.

Do it.

Doooooooo iiiiiiiiit.

Next you will tell me to buy a suppressor because the made those legal earlier.  Then a full-auto, because Michigan allows those.  I'm trying to sell rifles not buy more.

I did see a local dealer listing stripped Spikes lowers for $99.00 though.

Yes. Buy suppressors, too. Also, get an AR-10.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:15:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Michigan just made SBR legal.  I must resist.
View Quote

I went through inventory checking things I could SBR,  uzi,  ps90,  a few stripped lowers lying around.   Then I looked at my bank account

The uzi will be getting a new barrel however
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:25:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I feel you bro.

Just when I tell myself I'm going to start saving money I see a video about the Sig brace.Forever buying guns.
View Quote

This...
Except for me, it was finger banging a Sig PM400 over at Gander Mtn. It was freaking sweet, but they wanted way too much... I figured I could put together the equivalent for about half the price. Now I just need to get some more lowers. And hide them from the wife.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:12:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

But this is a pistol.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:13:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
AR Pistols are like a Thai ladyboy that still has a penis but has some amazing tits.
View Quote

That sounds like the voice of experience.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:15:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Uh, the pistols are only a transitional phase until the Form 1 Sig Brace comes back.

View Quote

Fixed.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:18:04 AM EDT
[#11]
10.5" FTMFW.

You'll thank me later.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:23:09 AM EDT
[#12]
what a difference 20 years makes:

Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:

• Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip

• Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor

• Barrel shroud safety feature that prevents burns to the operator

• Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more

• A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:28:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah you guys are a bad group of guys to hang around especially if you don't want to spend money.  I started just lurking in the build it yourself section about 3 years ago now because I was bored with pistols and 10/22's but didn't know if I wanted an AR.  NOW I have 2, parts to build 3 more except BCG's and handguards, 80% lowers, 2 lowers and parts kits to start buliding for my kids,more mags than I'll probably ever need(close to 60 now) small and admittedly pitiful ammo fort but hey it's a start and I've been hammering my local state reps to get suppresors legalized in this m&^%$#fu#$%^g state!  So yeah now I feel the need for a ar pistol before I start putting optics on all these "investments"
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:34:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yeah you guys are a bad group of guys to hang around especially if you don't want to spend money.  I started just lurking in the build it yourself section about 3 years ago now because I was bored with pistols and 10/22's but didn't know if I wanted an AR.  NOW I have 2, parts to build 3 more except BCG's and handguards, 80% lowers, 2 lowers and parts kits to start buliding for my kids,more mags than I'll probably ever need(close to 60 now) small and admittedly pitiful ammo fort but hey it's a start and I've been hammering my local state reps to get suppresors legalized in this m&^%$#fu#$%^g state!  So yeah now I feel the need for a ar pistol before I start putting optics on all these "investments"
View Quote
Same here dude. That's right about the time I started lurking in the build sections too. I just broke into the ACOG game last month, that's going to be the next moneypit for sure. Now EVERY BUILD needs an ACOG!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:39:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don't start buying M14s.
View Quote

You can make a M14 pistol?  Whoa...
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:49:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The amount of money this website continues to cost me is astounding

View Quote

No crap!  There goes my bonus this quarter!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:53:33 AM EDT
[#17]

yeah--yours and sabre's match what i have in mind almost exactly.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:09:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Same here dude. That's right about the time I started lurking in the build sections too. I just broke into the ACOG game last month, that's going to be the next moneypit for sure. Now EVERY BUILD needs an ACOG!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got a few cheapies like a Bushnell TRS-25 that I swap around and I just got a Burris tac-30 1x4 to try some 3-gun this summer but yeah ACOG's are a ways off for me because I forgot about the AR-15.com induced urge for a Garand and a 1000 yd bolt gun!  I barely scraped enough $ last month to get a garage fridge for all my imitation crab meat
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:11:32 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
Or a safe place to park extra uppers for your SBRs if you have a safe full of parts and half finished rifle lowers.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:51:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I made the mistake of buying one. It's turned into 3.

New Question;

Sig Arm Brace on a GLOCK... If it works for one... why not the other...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't start buying M14s.

I made the mistake of buying one. It's turned into 3.

New Question;

Sig Arm Brace on a GLOCK... If it works for one... why not the other...

Endotactical

The Sig brace should work on one of these.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:46:48 AM EDT
[#21]
I think we would probably run into trouble on that because the Sig brace was approved, but once you put it in a traditional handgun the batfe will probably change their mind on the whole thing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:02:53 AM EDT
[#22]
AR pistols suck to shoot. The first SBR I submitted a form 1 for, I built up as a pistol first and took to the range one time and thought "wow, this is wicked gay" after putting half a mag through it.

I don't shoot with the stock fully collapsed, so I can't imagine the Sig brace is any better. Maybe with a custom length buffer tube to get it in the right position.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:08:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:15:35 AM EDT
[#24]
I think I need a 9mm pistol that takes Glock mags and the Sig pistol brace. Off to the pistol forum....
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:23:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I think I need a 9mm pistol that takes Glock mags and the Sig pistol brace. Off to the pistol forum....
View Quote

http://tnwfirearms.com/aero-survival-pistol-asp.html

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:27:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I think we would probably run into trouble on that because the Sig brace was approved, but once you put it in a traditional handgun the batfe will probably change their mind on the whole thing.
View Quote

Please explain further why you think a Glock pistol would be treated differently than an AR-15 pistol.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:29:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I got bit....

The start of my pistol build.

http://i.imgur.com/j1btoSml.jpg
View Quote

What rail is that?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:30:48 AM EDT
[#28]
This
Thodenson

Plus this

Aim Surplus

Equals no need for a SBR
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:34:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Sounds like you need another stripped receiver so you can have both.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where did this damn lower come from?

Why do I have a whole pile of new bookmarks in my browser?  And why do I keep muttering nonsensical questions like "do I want 10.5 or 7.5?"

I have neither the time nor the money for this foolishness.

Sounds like you need another stripped receiver so you can have both.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:22:00 AM EDT
[#30]
was originally thinking about buying a complete upper for it, but have spent the last few days pricing components.

might do this as a full build.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:37:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Fo 11.5"

Gives you 26" OAL with a typical carbine buffer tube.  That way you can add a VFG if you like.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:43:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Fo 11.5"

Gives you 26" OAL with a typical carbine buffer tube.  That way you can add a VFG if you like.
View Quote

Very tempting.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:44:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Here's a question for you guys.

If I have a lower, that I purchased from an FFL as a stripped lower and never ever built.....it's just sat in my pile of gun stuff.....is it legal to build this into a pistol?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:45:16 AM EDT
[#34]
got my barrel in wednesday, and had to mock it up to see what it looked like:  

ETA:  doesn't a VFG on a pistol make it a AOW requiring a stamp?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:45:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Why do I have a whole pile of new bookmarks in my browser?  And why do I keep muttering nonsensical questions like "do I want 10.5 or 7.5?"

View Quote

You too, eh?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

If I have a lower, that I purchased from an FFL as a stripped lower and never ever built.....it's just sat in my pile of gun stuff.....is it legal to build this into a pistol?
View Quote

Yep.  As long as it's a virgin receiver that was never built as a rifle AFAIK.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:48:23 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote

if the 4473 said 'rifle', then no.  if it was transferred as a 'pistol' or 'firearm', then you're fine.

if you don't remember, it's not worth it.  there are aero precision lowers in the EE for $60--just make sure it's xferred as a pistol or other, not a rifle.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:49:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/plikatok/media/Sig%20516%20CQB/null_zps4e95315d.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd386/plikatok/Sig%20516%20CQB/null_zps4e95315d.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/plikatok/media/Sig%20516%20CQB/null_zps4e95315d.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd386/plikatok/Sig%20516%20CQB/null_zps4e95315d.jpg</a>

Uh.....

VFG? Isn't that a no-no?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:50:47 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

if the 4473 said 'rifle', then no.  if it was transferred as a 'pistol' or 'firearm', then you're fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

if you don't remember, it's not worth it.  there are aero precision lowers in the EE for $60--just make sure it's xferred as a pistol or other, not a rifle.
Yep, good point.  I don't know why the FFL would transfer it as a rifle but better safe than sorry.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:52:17 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Uh.....

VFG? Isn't that a no-no?
View Quote

Not if you've got 26" OAL.  Includes perm attached muzzle devices and receiver extension (buffer tube)

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:54:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Uh.....

VFG? Isn't that a no-no?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh.....

VFG? Isn't that a no-no?

XO-26. Google it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:55:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, good point.  I don't know why the FFL would transfer it as a rifle but better safe than sorry.

Thanks.  I always stay on the right side of the fence on gun stuff.  I'll go get another lower next month....I've just been very very very hesitant to fill out 4473's in CO right now......so I've not purchased any firearms since the background check thingy passed (out of spite and some inability to justify the expense, I can buy all I want, legal and all).
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:55:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I guess in that case he is set to "Get Both" in true Arfcom fashion.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:22:48 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Thanks.  I always stay on the right side of the fence on gun stuff.  I'll go get another lower next month....I've just been very very very hesitant to fill out 4473's in CO right now......so I've not purchased any firearms since the background check thingy passed (out of spite and some inability to justify the expense, I can buy all I want, legal and all).
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

https://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf

page 2 of the 4473, part 18

the transferring FFL should always put a virgin AR-15 receiver down as a: Other Firearm (Frame, Receiver, etc)

but it's always better safe than sorry.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:04:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just think how bad it's been for me. Been here 13 years.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You want a 7.5" simply because of epic flame throwing goodness.

10.5" because you'll end up with a MK18 variant upper.

11.5 because BCM says it's better than 10.5"

12.5 because John Noveske told Stickman that 12.5 would be the one length he could pick for a SBR if he could only have one.

If you want a 300BLK upper (you will)---8" is a good length for suppressed goodness since most of the powder is burned up in 8-9" and they're a nice length for when you put a 30cal can on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You want a 7.5" simply because of epic flame throwing goodness.

10.5" because you'll end up with a MK18 variant upper.

11.5 because BCM says it's better than 10.5"

12.5 because John Noveske told Stickman that 12.5 would be the one length he could pick for a SBR if he could only have one.

If you want a 300BLK upper (you will)---8" is a good length for suppressed goodness since most of the powder is burned up in 8-9" and they're a nice length for when you put a 30cal can on it.

I hate you

These have been rolling through my head for weeks...I have yet to make a decision. My SigBrace arrived last night.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

50 Beowulf

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ah hah!! but do you want it in .223 or .300 blackout!!!!  

50 Beowulf

A pistol should take pistol mags.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I wish.............SBRs should be legal without a stamp, as should AOW and SBS. Too bad we will never get anyone to change that law

View All Quotes
Quoted:
I wish.............SBRs should be legal without a stamp, as should AOW and SBS. Too bad we will never get anyone to change that law

Quoted:
Now imagine if it didn't take a stamp to build an sbr.

I agree they should. It's a retarded law. But if we have to have the stamp I'd be good with paying an FFL the $200 plus a fee and walk out with a tax stamp.

The bullshit paperwork, wait times, limitations, etc that goes with an SBR isn't worth it for me. If it is for someone else, then go for it.

Until then my pistols, with or without a Sig brace, and 16" carbines suit my needs perfectly.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:20:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Damn , had the same craving last couple weeks ,I bought all the parts at last gun show here

[snip]

Spikes lower ,Spikes lower kit,  palmetto upper with 10.5  .223 Wylde barrel, turned my own muzzle device in the shop
Oh yeah and painted it rustoleum sand camo
View Quote

Does the AFG not count as a forward grip?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top