here is my build:

aa 11.5 upper with dd lite rail

mi sights

vortex strike fire

swr spec war 556 flash hider

600c scout light

raptor charging handle

lower is aero precision

rra 2 stage trigger kit ( with armaloy plating )

bad lever

troy ambi magazine release

miad grip

acs stock

5 oz buffer

swr556 suppressor

----------------------------------

that's the details....  and after shooting 500 to 1k rounds threw it  idk I just don't seem to be satisfied with it,  I feel like its more of a toy then a fighting gun,  such as a dd mk18, I though about putting a vltor upper  in place of the factory aa upper but  idk

opinions please
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not?
View Quote

besides I though I posted pix of the gun once before  when I had the ergo f93 stock on it
View Quote

So everybody had their chance then, whenever that was?

Gotcha.
View Quote

for now ya... when I am ready ill do some sort of "hey my build is done" kinda post
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
just feeling lazy.... besides I though I posted pix of the gun once before  when I had the ergo f93 stock on it
View Quote

God damn right you are lazy
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Upgrading the optics would be my first step to get rid of the "toy" feeling. Personally, every piston AR I've had FELT like a range toy to me.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Upgrading the optics would be my first step to get rid of the "toy" feeling. Personally, every piston AR I've had FELT like a range toy to me.
View Quote

my buddy has an knights 12.5 gun and it just feels  awesome... when I shoot it or hold it, then gun just feel very "spec ops"  I mean just has this feeling to it
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:08:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I believe the BAD lever they are referring to is the B.A.D. (Battery Assist Device) ambi bolt release.  There have been SOME issues with people not getting a hold open on last shot due to clearance issues with the clamp on style of the BAD Lever.  If you want an Ambi Bolt Release look at the Phase 5 Tactical Gen 2 (Skeletonised Version) MFR Part # EBRV2 shown here.  Phase 5 Ambi Bolt Release EBRV2  Since it is all 1 piece and does not "Clamp" on your bolt release there should not be upper clearance issues..
View Quote

had one for a 308 and it worked 0% of the time so I sold it, not going to get a phase 5 any thing.

I am going to get an aimpoint for sure, looking for one now, might try some different grips, also need a ms3 magpul sling, does any one run 5-20 motor oil in their guns ?
View Quote

Yeah I use Mobil 1 full synthetic 5w-20 on the internals. I swear by it. Doesn't dry out and keeps carbon in suspension so cleaning is easy.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#6]
You're missing a RDIAS or plate it in gold for pimptastic style.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:24:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm just gonna go ahead and say IBTL
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:32:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pictures or it never happened.
View Quote

+1
View Quote

+2
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
View Quote

+2
View Quote

+3
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I believe the BAD lever they are referring to is the B.A.D. (Battery Assist Device) ambi bolt release.  There have been SOME issues with people not getting a hold open on last shot due to clearance issues with the clamp on style of the BAD Lever.  If you want an Ambi Bolt Release look at the Phase 5 Tactical Gen 2 (Skeletonised Version) MFR Part # EBRV2 shown here.  Phase 5 Ambi Bolt Release EBRV2  Since it is all 1 piece and does not "Clamp" on your bolt release there should not be upper clearance issues..
View Quote

had one for a 308 and it worked 0% of the time so I sold it, not going to get a phase 5 any thing.

I am going to get an aimpoint for sure, looking for one now, might try some different grips, also need a ms3 magpul sling, does any one run 5-20 motor oil in their guns ?
View Quote

Would you PLEASE post pictures of this 11.5" weapon you are talking about? I am very interested in seeing it with the components you have mentioned. Please post pics from both sides, and with suppressor attached.
View Quote

sorry I will not
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Would you PLEASE post pictures of this 11.5" weapon you are talking about? I am very interested in seeing it with the components you have mentioned. Please post pics from both sides, and with suppressor attached.

View Quote

sorry I will not

View Quote
DERP.

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

sorry I will not
View Quote
DERP.

View Quote

ok so whats that mean ?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

sorry I will not
View Quote
DERP.

View Quote

ok so whats that mean ?
View Quote

That means without proof aka pics of the actual rifle you described you own, we will all assume none of what you claim is true (making you full of derp) and lose interest in trying to "help". Subsequently this thread will de-rail and never come back.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:32:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

sorry I will not
View Quote
DERP.

View Quote

ok so whats that mean ?
View Quote

That means without proof aka pics of the actual rifle you described you own, we will all assume none of what you claim is true (making you full of derp) and lose interest in trying to "help". Subsequently this thread will de-rail and never come back.
View Quote

oh well ok then that's all up to you
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

sorry I will not
View Quote

Why not?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

sorry I will not
View Quote

Why not?
View Quote

just feeling lazy.... besides I though I posted pix of the gun once before  when I had the ergo f93 stock on it
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

sorry I will not
View Quote
DERP.

View Quote

ok so whats that mean ?
View Quote

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not?
View Quote

besides I though I posted pix of the gun once before  when I had the ergo f93 stock on it
View Quote

So everybody had their chance then, whenever that was?

Gotcha.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Yea, that Troy part screwed it all up . . .
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yea, that Troy part screwed it all up . . .
View Quote

actually works really well for me
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

here is my build:

aa 11.5 upper with dd lite rail

mi sights

vortex strike fire

swr spec war 556 flash hider

600c scout light

raptor charging handle

lower is aero precision

rra 2 stage trigger kit ( with armaloy plating )

bad lever

troy ambi magazine release

miad grip

acs stock

5 oz buffer

swr556 suppressor

----------------------------------

that's the details....  and after shooting 500 to 1k rounds threw it  idk I just don't seem to be satisfied with it,  I feel like its more of a toy then a fighting gun,  such as a dd mk18, I though about putting a vltor upper  in place of the factory aa upper but  idk

opinions please
View Quote

Have any pics? It sounds like a nice set up to me. You could probably upgrade the RDS to a trijicon or Aimpoint for fighting-gun quality, besides that I see nothing wrong with it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#23]
And yet another victim to  the BRD  Welcome to the club. It doesnt stop, From what i read the setup looks fine to me, but your the one shooting it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:21:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
View Quote

+2
View Quote

+3
View Quote

And +4
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:31:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

View Quote

+1
View Quote

+2
View Quote

+3
View Quote

And +4
View Quote
And I'm having trouble viewing even with the magnification...  

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:40:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
View Quote

+2
View Quote

+3
View Quote

And +4
View Quote

+5

BRD = Black Rifle Disease... The bastards take all my money
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#30]

[URL=http://www.gifsforum.com/listofmemes/gallery/herp%20derp][size=1] More herp derp here [/size][/URL]

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:53:12 AM EDT
[#32]
usp:  It is important that you accept your situation, the BRD is chronic and, short of extreme aversion therapy, nearly incurable.  good luck on your next build. - CW
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 6:01:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Suppressed, SBR and it suxs?
View Quote

pretty much
View Quote

Well...may I suggest adding NV and IR?  It will make you happy again...for a time.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 6:46:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
usp:  It is important that you accept your situation, the BRD is chronic and, short of extreme aversion therapy, nearly incurable.  good luck on your next build. - CW
View Quote

brd ?

I have been looking to get a aimpoint micro, that would cover it for optics, how ever  idk just seems like something is missing   I mean what more could I do as far as making this a "quality" build
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 6:58:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

brd ?

I have been looking to get a aimpoint micro, that would cover it for optics, how ever  idk just seems like something is missing   I mean what more could I do as far as making this a "quality" build
View Quote

You're here since 2010 and you don't know what BRD is???

I think you mentioned the solution to your problem in an earlier post. Replace the AA upper with a VLTOR and everything will be perfect. If that doesn't fix it, try replacing the bad lever with a good lever.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:08:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

brd ?

View Quote

I think you mentioned the solution to your problem in an earlier post. Replace the AA upper with a VLTOR and everything will be perfect. If that doesn't fix it, try replacing the bad lever with a good lever.
View Quote

what advantage will I gain with a vltor upper ?   and what do you call a "good" lever
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:24:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

brd ?

View Quote

View Quote

what advantage will I gain with a vltor upper ?   and what do you call a "good" lever
View Quote

I gave up on Magpul years ago.....I run their P mags and nothing else, they are like Apple in that you have to purchase all their accessories to work.  Bad lever is a luxury item....IMO, with so many people running them they are redundant.  If I did have to choose a battery assist device it would be from Phase 5...it's a direct replacement, not a bolt on.  I run their trigger guard and flash hider and their stuff is killer!

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:36:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

brd ?

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

In your OP you mentioned you were thinking about replacing your AA upper with a VLTOR. There's really no advantage of one over the  other, but you have a bunch of good parts and you're not happy with the combo so try something else. Same with the 'bad' lever. I assume you're talking ambi safety lever? Maybe a regular (ie non-'bad') lever would have firmer detents.

eta - brd is Black Rifle Disease

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:46:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:04:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

brd ?

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

In your OP you mentioned you were thinking about replacing your AA upper with a VLTOR. There's really no advantage of one over the  other, but you have a bunch of good parts and you're not happy with the combo so try something else. Same with the 'bad' lever. I assume you're talking ambi safety lever? Maybe a regular (ie non-'bad') lever would have firmer detents.

eta - brd is Black Rifle Disease

View Quote

I have also though about ditching the dd fsp lite rail for a fortis rev  "fsp" rail system, not that my guns weight kills me  but it looks much easier to take off  vs the dd ( I have to remove my gas block every single time ), another thing I have though about is going to the AA gas block that has the bolts ( not the pin on one that I have ).
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#41]
here are some issues I have that make the gun just feel  "slack" if you will.

selector switch ( its an ambi cannot think of who makes it, looks like knights style ) when I select from fire to safe its not  very positive, not near what I would like it to be, might need a new spring but again at most I have had 5-1k rounds threw it.

when I charge the gun it feels smooth, not normal smooth like the upper is wore out smooth, obviously I need to upgrade my optics but for being in the back yard, and doing drills so far its working out,  the rock trigger is pretty dang slick esp with the mods I have don to it, I really rock and rolls, I put an mil spec trigger in the gun today and ran about 60 rounds threw it and hated it.

something else that drives me batty is lights, I want to run 2 lights   but two lights does not seem all that "smooth" I like the scout I have on their but 1 the scout has no ir light and 2 just not sure where to mount two lights, I run an sr07 switch on the top  and that takes up most of my top rail, their will be just enough space for a dbal if I get one.

what are you cleaning your lugs in your barrel extensions with btw ?

I also am looking at an extra power spring made of chrome silicon
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Sounds like a runner....be happy with it, and move on to another project!
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:24:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Sounds like a runner....be happy with it, and move on to another project!
View Quote

easier said then done... I am bugged by this build and just cannot seam to move on yet
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

pretty much
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#46]
TL:NP
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Thread is large dildos
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Changing the upper receiver will do jack shit.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#49]
This thread is so lame it made my virginity grow back.  Thefuck OP.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm just gonna go ahead and say IBTL
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top