Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 4/13/2014 10:29:26 PM EDT
...in place of somebody you love and care about?

For clarification:  This person is going to Hell because they are not 'saved'   ie; they never said "the prayer" to accept Jesus into their lives before they passed...
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:31:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Why is this person I love / care for going to Hell?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why is this person I love / care for going to Hell?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:33:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Everyday I wake up and go to work for my wife and kids. Place is close enough.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:33:18 PM EDT
[#4]
No.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:33:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Call me selfish, but no.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:39:18 PM EDT
[#6]
No.

The ultimate free will choice.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:41:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

For clarification:  This person is going to Hell because they are not 'saved'   ie; they never said "the prayer" to accept Jesus into their lives before they passed...
View Quote

Hell.... Next thing you'll tell me you can actually visit Santa's workshop at the North Pole...
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:42:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah well . . . doesn't that mean pretty much a lot of people who never heard the word of Christ or live in another country or maybe practice another religion?

That's a lot of people going to hell it seems.  Or already there because they maybe grew up and died without hearing about Christ?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:44:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Weeeelllll, in light of that then, nope.

They might be my friend, but I'm not obligated to make a sacrifice THAT big for their mistakes.

ETA: Great job, OP. You done started another Atheist vs. Theist thread.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:47:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Hell.... Next thing you'll tell me you can actually visit Santa's workshop at the North Pole...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This a pretty severe topic you are making light of.  In fact, it is the most severe topic you can discuss as humans.  Good luck with your choice.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:51:18 PM EDT
[#11]
It's pretty shitty that all those aborted babies and babies that died at birth are going to burn in hell because they never said "the prayer".
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:51:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This a pretty severe topic you are making light of.  In fact, it is the most severe topic you can discuss as humans.  Good luck with your choice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anything's funny if you just have faith.....pffftbwahahahahaha
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:52:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

My SO or my mom or brother. Yep. Their lives are more important to me then mine.

ETA: I do tend to agree with the posters saying that everyone not "saved" is going to hell, so I guess take my answer with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:53:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's pretty shitty that all those aborted babies and babies that died at birth are going to burn in hell because they never said "the prayer".
View Quote

That was their choice not to accept Christ
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:54:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I want to go wherever my dead pets are at.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:54:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm not going back to California for no one.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:54:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yeah well . . . doesn't that mean pretty much a lot of people who never heard the word of Christ or live in another country or maybe practice another religion?

That's a lot of people going to hell it seems.  Or already there because they maybe grew up and died without hearing about Christ?
View Quote

Romans ch 1

link
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:55:47 PM EDT
[#18]
So because a priest says that you have to believe in his god and say a fucking prayer you will go to heaven regardless of how you lived your life? Sound like utter BS to me. What about the amazonians for centuries who didn't believe or even know the Christian god, did they not go to heaven? Nonsense
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:56:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe it'll be like at the end of "This is The End" where if you sacrifice your place in heaven for another person, you both go to heaven.

lol I don't know, but I like boobs.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:56:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or died before Jesus was around.

Where are Adam and Eve?

Man this is hard!
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd take the fryer in an instant.

Love is...
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:59:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I want to go wherever my dead pets are at.
View Quote

Sometimes dead is better.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:59:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Where are Adam and Eve?

Man this is hard!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are Adam and Eve?

Man this is hard!

Try not to think too hard about it logically....that's how this religious stuff works
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:03:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So because a priest says that you have to believe in his god and say a fucking prayer you will go to heaven regardless of how you lived your life? Sound like utter BS to me. What about the amazonians for centuries who didn't believe or even know the Christian god, did they not go to heaven? Nonsense
View Quote

Who cares what a priest said.  Jesus Himself actually said this, and He was God.

good luck with that.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:09:05 PM EDT
[#25]
John 11:26

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:09:36 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Who cares what a priest said.  Jesus Himself actually said this, and He was God.

good luck with that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

good luck with that.
Actually Jesus is the son of god,

I don't even believe and I know this

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:09:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

good luck with that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

good luck with that.

So the Bible being written and translated and rewritten and retranslated CENTURIES after a man named Jesus died, you take it as if it truly was said? Did it never occur to you that maybe the translator or person rewriting the particular version had a vested interest in making it read the way he wanted it to, to suit his needs or his kings or whoever was in powers need?
Good luck with that!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:11:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Everyday I wake up and go to work for my wife and kids. Place is close enough.
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

good luck with that.

Jesus is the human form of God. He became human to die for our sins. (per the bibble)
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:12:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know this. Went to a Catholic elementary school and then 2 years of high school at a Jesuit. I know it very well.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:15:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I know this. Went to a Catholic elementary school and then 2 years of high school at a Jesuit. I know it very well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once...
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:15:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Folks make their choices. So let it be.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:17:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here. I like the biscuits and gravy on their soggy eggs for se odd reason!!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:17:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So the Bible being written and translated and rewritten and retranslated CENTURIES after a man named Jesus died, you take it as if it truly was said? Did it never occur to you that maybe the translator or person rewriting the particular version had a vested interest in making it read the way he wanted it to, to suit his needs or his kings or whoever was in powers need?
Good luck with that!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

good luck with that.

Good luck with that!!

I think you should do some research on how much the Bible has changed over the centuries.  I think you would be very surprised to find that today's Bible is almost identical to the early canonical books.  The Dead Sea scrolls proves this 100%

Even the secular historical experts would agree that if you compare the original Hebrew and Greek to today's Bible, it is identical, language translations withstanding.

You are running out of legs to stand on with these 'pseudo-facts' that bring a false sense of eternal security/comfort.  Your time is near.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:21:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I think you should do some research on how much the Bible has changed over the centuries.  I think you would be very surprised to find that today's Bible is almost identical to the early canonical books.  The Dead Sea scrolls proves this 100%

Even the secular historical experts would agree that if you compare the original Hebrew and Greek to today's Bible, it is identical, with language translations withstanding.

You are running out of legs to stand on with these 'pseudo-facts' that bring a false sense of eternal security/comfort.  Your time is near.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

good luck with that.

Good luck with that!!

Even the secular historical experts would agree that if you compare the original Hebrew and Greek to today's Bible, it is identical, with language translations withstanding.

That's all well and good....since you wanna throw the word "fact" around....tell us all about the FACTUAL reality of this hell nonsense
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:21:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Embed fail.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:21:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It exists, I've been there.  I live just down the road from there.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:23:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That's all well and good....since you wanna throw the word "fact" around....tell us all about the FACTUAL reality of this hell nonsense
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

good luck with that.

Good luck with that!!

You seem to know for certain that Hell does not exist?  That is a pretty bold assumption.  Please tell us more about the afterlife.  I know a man who has walked on both sides.  

Hell is most certainly real, and it is a far worst place than you can possibly imagine
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:23:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:24:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Should have known the militant atheists would turn this thread into shit.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:26:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Should have known the militant atheists would turn this thread into shit.
View Quote

This is their last opportunity, unfortunately - they just don't realize this yet.  If they only knew of what they spoke of, they would fall to their knees and cry out to God - but they refuse.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:26:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Do some research as to why religions were created in the first place. I have never heard that the Dead Sea scrolls have reinforced the modern translations etc, so I have no way at the moment to defend that. If it is legit then so be it and I will concede the debate. It will not change my mind unfortunately.
2 more questions then I will stop

1. If say Ted Bundy or any other truly evil person right before they are executed, repent and truly meant it....do they enter heaven?

2. (Kinda follows #1 question) No matter how you live your life, do you think anywhere from say 49 years to 94(give or take) years of age when a person dies, have learned all of life's lessons to truly be ready for Heaven?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:27:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Do some research as to why religions were created in the first place. I have never heard that the Dead Sea scrolls have reinforced the modern translations etc, so I have no way at the moment to defend that. If it is legit then so be it and I will concede the debate. It will not change my mind unfortunately.
2 more questions then I will stop

1. If say Ted Bundy or any other truly evil person right before they are executed, repent and truly meant it....do they enter heaven?

2. (Kinda follows #1 question) No matter how you live your life, do you think anywhere from say 49 years to 94(give or take) years of age when a person dies, have learned all of life's lessons to truly be ready for Heaven?
View Quote

God existed before man even had the opportunity to invent any sort of Religion.  And what I know and believe my friend absolutely spits in the face of organized religion.  I am a follower of Jesus' teachings.

1.) Yes

2.) You will have all of eternity to learn, without your sin nature.

DD977GM2, will you please ask God to save you?  He will if you ask and mean it.  I sincerely look forward to great debate in Heaven, but I do not believe we have any time left on this side of eternity.  Seriously, what do you have to lose?  It's a 10 second prayer.  I will debate you all night if you want, I am a firm believer in Christ and I have alot of ammo to back it up.  But debate won't get anywhere.  Cmon man
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:30:12 PM EDT
[#44]

Hell is most certainly real, and it is a far worst place than you can possibly imagine
View Quote

PROVE IT! Take your time too...cause right now I gotta go to bed since we have someone coming out in a few hours to look at hail damage to our roof.....maybe it'll be God looking it
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:30:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Foxhound308

You answered exactly how I thought you would. I guess once we both are in the ground, we shall see who is correct.  

Good debate though and glad you didn't get all ruffled by it!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:31:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

PROVE IT Take your time too...but, right now I gotta go to bed since we have someone coming out in a few hours to look at hail damage to our roof.....maybe it'll be God looking it
View All Quotes
Quoted:

PROVE IT Take your time too...but, right now I gotta go to bed since we have someone coming out in a few hours to look at hail damage to our roof.....maybe it'll be God looking it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYxKRoONrfY
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:33:41 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYxKRoONrfY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiqzHzAx4ro
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:33:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Foxhound308

You answered exactly how I thought you would. I guess once we both are in the ground, we shall see who is correct.  

View Quote

I'd rather you not take a chance and just let God save you now while you still have breathe in your lungs.  6 feet under is waay too late to change your mind.

Serious - it's a 10 second prayer.  God will use any opportunity He can to save you.  Call on Him, He responds to 'Jesus'
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:35:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Ultimate pain and suffering, for eternity.  Lake of fire, et al...

The whole concept of Hell--as a punishment for anything--decries that any Creator that would devise such is an inhuman monster, and at the very least, undeserving of my adulation.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:36:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'd rather you not take a chance and just let God save you now while you still have breathe in your lungs.  6 feet under is waay too late to change your mind.

Serious - it's a 10 second prayer.  God will use any opportunity He can to save you.  Call on Him, He responds to 'Jesus'
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Foxhound308

Yes...let's pray together..." Mekka Lekka Hi-Mekka Hiney Ho" I feel better already..PRAISE JAMBI!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top