BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 101
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:59:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I always just called him puck as in hockey puck....

Not as in, Puck, from MTV's "The Real World". That would be just awkward.

View Quote

I .. I know of the show Real World and that it exists and was on MTV but that's about it
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Hello everyone
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:01:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:02:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

that guy was a tard
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that guy was a tard

The fact that 20 fucking years later we remember the name of that assclown should really suggest exactly how much of a fucking tard that shitbird was
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:03:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I .. I know of the show Real World and that it exists and was on MTV but that's about it
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kids these days.

Puck was epic.  

And I actually hate Real World (I have written lengthy essays right here on ar15.com about the negative impact of Real World on society.)  It's one of the very important services I provide to the membership here.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Kids these days.

Puck was epic.  

And I actually hate Real World (I have written lengthy essays right here on ar15.com about the negative impact of Real World on society.)  It's one of the very important services I provide to the membership here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kids these days.

Puck was epic.  

My parents didn't like me watching tv.  If I did it was usually Animal Planet..
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:08:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Mrs.InkyNwG makes me watch Real World to this day... And all the other shit reality TV..

I just got done yelling at all the twat waffles on Teen Mom 2... Fuck I hate those bitches..
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:10:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Kids these days.

Puck was epic.  

View Quote

Every single "reality show contestant" that is/was a Class A Shitbird can directly trace his/her lineage back to Puck. Puck was the origination of the species. Before Puck, it was just a bunch of assholes living in a house being televised doing dumb shit. Puck changed the zeitgeist; he altered the paradigm. After Puck, it became a bunch of assholes living in a house...and one huge jerkwad prick tard to rule them all. He pretty much single-handedly changed the face of reality TV in this country...arguably for the worse. What makes it even worse is that this was right when reality TV was just getting started; the concept hadn't hit prime-time on the major networks yet...it was just on MTV. And because Puck cock-fucked the process right in the beginning, there's never been a mass market reality show on any major network that did not have a supreme assclown in it somewhere right from the get-go.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:11:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow, that thread on being in 17 OIS was certainly entertaining while it lasted.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Every single "reality show contestant" that is/was a Class A Shitbird can directly trace his/her lineage back to Puck. Puck was the origination of the species. Before Puck, it was just a bunch of assholes living in a house being televised doing dumb shit. Puck changed the zeitgeist; he altered the paradigm. After Puck, it became a bunch of assholes living in a house...and one huge jerkwad prick tard to rule them all. He pretty much single-handedly changed the face of reality TV in this country...arguably for the worse. What makes it even worse is that this was right when reality TV was just getting started; the concept hadn't hit prime-time on the major networks yet...it was just on MTV. And because Puck cock-fucked the process right in the beginning, there's never been a mass market reality show on any major network that did not have a supreme assclown in it somewhere right from the get-go.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kids these days.

Puck was epic.  

Despite my shenanigans and fights with staff, I have always prided myself on being the voice of reason here (at least to folks who have been paying attention to the wheat and not the chaff)

Put me on TV, and I'm going full blown Puck.  Not even a question about it

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:17:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

I wish NorCal hadn't locked it becuase while the CoC was having it's skirt lifted up, the panties hadn't come down yet and the penis never went in. That thread could have rolled on and been awesome for weeks.

Such is life.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Despite my shenanigans and fights with staff, I have always prided myself on being the voice of reason here (at least to folks who have been paying attention to the wheat and not the chaff)

Put me on TV, and I'm going full blown Puck.  Not even a question about it

View Quote

I'd actually re-subscribe to cable just to watch that
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:20:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I wish NorCal hadn't locked it becuase while the CoC was having it's skirt lifted up, the panties hadn't come down yet and the penis never went in. That thread could have rolled on and been awesome for weeks.

Such is life.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Such is life.

.. I realize I ask a lot of questions, some of them dumb, but I do usually Google things on my own first... and if they don't make sense, then I ask.  What's OIS?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:23:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
.. I realize I ask a lot of questions, some of them dumb, but I do usually Google things on my own first... and if they don't make sense, then I ask.  What's OIS?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Such is life.

Officer Involved Shooting.

He shot a lot of people, or was standing around other cops and watched them shoot people.

Got shot hisself a few times too, if you believe his story (I actually do believe him, some don't and I think the pissing match about that is part of the reason the thread is done)

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:23:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Uhhh... I'm late cause of traffic LT!
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:23:56 PM EDT
[#16]
It's "Officer involved shooting"

It's probably best that it was locked. Rage was definetly not giving a fuck about not attacking or insulting people at the same time he was giving out an awful ot of personal info. An Arocking was sure to follow,
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:24:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's probably best that it was locked. Rage was definetly not giving a fuck about not attacking or insulting people at the same time he was giving out an awful ot of personal info. An Arocking was sure to follow,
View Quote

Not for nothing, but when you're already involved in fed civil rights lawsuits (even if they are bullshit or not)....how much more damage could any ARocking really do
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:26:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Not only puck, but that entire cast do that season changed the show and format of reality tv... Pedro cam on to promote his aids awareness, that cartoonist was promoting his cartoon, puck said he was gonna fuck the system.... Probably one of the more interesting things to come out of reality tv in the past twenty years...

And I beg puck is an ARFCOM member.... Just kidding, but you never know...
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

He shot a lot of people, or was standing around other cops and watched them shoot people.

Got shot hisself a few times too, if you believe his story (I actually do believe him, some don't and I think the pissing match about that is part of the reason the thread is done)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That.. makes sense why it was controversial then.  Google told me it was Oil States International
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:33:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Not for nothing, but when you're already involved in fed civil rights lawsuits (even if they are bullshit or not)....how much more damage could any ARocking really do
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

True, if you had really had 54 suits or whatever number the guy said, you can't really be Arocked on the internet, that ship has sailed.

However, if you believe his story that he is an expert witness, if he was testifying against me in my case, and I was able to tie him to that thread, all I'd have to do is have my Saul put that thread up in on the wall in a fancy powerpoint, and he's done.  Done and I'm walking.

If he was testifying for me and the other Saul put it up on the wall in a powerpoint, I would lash out in a fit of rage.  If that guy owned a dog, I'd find that dog and shoot it just on principle since I'm going to jail for awhile anyway and the dog won't add many extra years, and it would be a nice bowtie to put on everything.

So for those reasons, I can understand the thread being locked.  I don't know what was true or what wasn't but I was highly entertained for a few hours, that was worth the price of admission.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Since Real World was brought up; I met Kat, she's a friend of my cousin.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:37:32 PM EDT
[#22]
What is all this Saul talk? Is that one of the TV lawyers?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:41:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The ravers have all the hot chicks...

Lady Faith, DJ TigerLily, Krewella sisters, Nervo sisters, Nero chick... We even stole Haley in the OP... And so many more..

And they are all good today.. Right now... Don't have to close your eyes and try and imagine the glory days..

View Quote

Ravers have totally hot guys too Night Crew 4life!
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:44:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Not only puck, but that entire cast do that season changed the show and format of reality tv... Pedro cam on to promote his aids awareness, that cartoonist was promoting his cartoon, puck said he was gonna fuck the system.... Probably one of the more interesting things to come out of reality tv in the past twenty years...

And I beg puck is an ARFCOM member.... Just kidding, but you never know...
View Quote

I actually met Pedro in 1995 (I know that tonight it sounds like I'm some kind of star fucker, I have literally met like a total of 5 famous people in my entire life, it just so happens the few famous people I've met I happen to be bringing up right now)

So Pedro was going on an on about his AIDS thing, and I said "Well, don't you think if people just always used condoms and didn't fuck random people, this whole epidemic would already be solved?  Like there is nothing anyone else needs to do at all, except for the people fucking to do those two simple things, and bam, problem solved?"

He didn't answer my question, he just got really pissed.  My girlfriend and her lesbian friend got really pissed too.  The entire room was pissed

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:47:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lady Faith, DJ TigerLily, Krewella sisters, Nervo sisters, Nero chick... We even stole Haley in the OP... And so many more..

And they are all good today.. Right now... Don't have to close your eyes and try and imagine the glory days..

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:48:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hiya BigPony
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:54:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Amuse me NC i am bored.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Tonight before work our new (been there about a month or so) neighbors had a guy outside their apartment who they were yelling back and forth with. Something about him being a "grown ass man" and the girl involved being a teenager or something. He was very classy. 250+lb black dude in orange shorts, and flip flops with no shirt and tats all over his arms and upper torso. I couldnt tell becasue it was dark but I am pretty sure he had a neck tat or two, ANyways, wife immediately grabs the phone and calls the police who of course didn't show up in the 45 mintues or so I was there before leaving.

Stupid shit ruined my chances for a quick handy before I got up to go to work.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:04:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Tonight before work our new (been there about a month or so) neighbors had a guy outside their apartment who they were yelling back and forth with. Something about him being a "grown ass man" and the girl involved being a teenager or something. He was very classy. 250+lb black dude in orange shorts, and flip flops with no shirt and tats all over his arms and upper torso. I couldnt tell becasue it was dark but I am pretty sure he had a neck tat or two, ANyways, wife immediately grabs the phone and calls the police who of course didn't show up in the 45 mintues or so I was there before leaving.

View Quote
I got time if you still wanna give that handy.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:06:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
True, if you had really had 54 suits or whatever number the guy said, you can't really be Arocked on the internet, that ship has sailed.

However, if you believe his story that he is an expert witness, if he was testifying against me in my case, and I was able to tie him to that thread, all I'd have to do is have my Saul put that thread up in on the wall in a fancy powerpoint, and he's done.  Done and I'm walking.

If he was testifying for me and the other Saul put it up on the wall in a powerpoint, I would lash out in a fit of rage.  If that guy owned a dog, I'd find that dog and shoot it just on principle since I'm going to jail for awhile anyway and the dog won't add many extra years, and it would be a nice bowtie to put on everything.

So for those reasons, I can understand the thread being locked.  I don't know what was true or what wasn't but I was highly entertained for a few hours, that was worth the price of admission.

View Quote

True, there is that...but something tells me if he's like this after he's had a few beers on the interweb, he's like this after a few shots of Jack in real life. Which means what he's going on about now, is already out there...it's just a matter of Saul finding the right bar to cast his net in

But, and just for the sake of argument - if he's already done all the cases he says in front of fed Grand Juries...odds are he's either really good or he's got a really good Saul in his pocket.

Plus then there's the whole bother of actually tying him to the account...which as we all know ain't CSI:Easy Button if the guy has two brain cells to rub together and half an hour of lucidity on any given day
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:16:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You are being asked to reduce 84/54 to it's least common denominator.

There are a few ways to tackle this problem.

The first way I would teach it is to break the numbers into primes and remove the things from the top and bottom that are the same.

84/54 = (3*7*2*2) / (3*9*2)

(3*7*2*2) / (3*9*2) = (7 * 2) / (9) = 14/9

Well the strikethroughs aren't really showing.  The threes and twos divide out.

View Quote

I feel like a retard right now.  I know I should know this my brain is just not working with me...

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:17:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I feel like a retard right now.  I know I should know this my brain is just not working with me...

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o370/techgal_pics/Photo0401_zpsf29cd0b6.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The first way I would teach it is to break the numbers into primes and remove the things from the top and bottom that are the same.

..oh... it's just using factor trees?  I used to hate that shit, until the last math teacher that I had... then it suddenly made sense after years of having problems

ETA: I suck at reading math problems though, because I didn't realize that's what they were asking for at all in your first post about it TechGal
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:18:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

^ +1  Math is my least favorite subject..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey math.. Fuck you.

i'm with this guy.

I'm actually really liking math right now.  Probably one of my top two subjects, I'm just fucked in the head still.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:21:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

..oh... it's just using factor trees?  I used to hate that shit, until the last math teacher that I had... then it suddenly made sense after years of having problems

ETA: I suck at reading math problems though, because I didn't realize that's what they were asking for at all in your first post about it TechGal
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't understand that based on the question on the homework, but I did when fiver mentioned prime factoring.  Or I thought I did.

But I didn't think an LCD can be three numbers so I'm once again confused.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:24:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm actually really liking math right now.  Probably one of my top two subjects, I'm just fucked in the head still.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey math.. Fuck you.

i'm with this guy.

Last time I was taking classes, out of 3 the math class was only 5% lower of a grade than my top grade.  I still don't LIKE it though
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:25:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn. I should have seen that coming.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:26:11 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

OK well lets take a step back first.  What you typed was 84/54 and the picture you posted was 55/40

The work you showed for the 55/40 problem was correct.  The LCD is 11/8

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:28:33 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

.... Nah that one is too easy.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:29:58 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I didn't understand that based on the question on the homework, but I did when fiver mentioned prime factoring.  Or I thought I did.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

its 11/8

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:30:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:33:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
OK well lets take a step back first.  What you typed was 84/54 and the picture you posted was 55/40

View Quote

I am only allowed to try each question twice and then I am given the answer and have to random select a new question(or skip the question).  I had tried the 84/54 twice before I posted it so I put that one up because it usually helps me to try to work the question with the answer..

This is the next question in the queue.  

How did it go to 11/8 when the prime factoring is 2^3?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:35:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I am only allowed to try each question twice and then I am given the answer and have to random select a new question(or skip the question).  I had tried the 84/54 twice before I posted it so I put that one up because it usually helps me to try to work the question with the answer..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also - I understand that 2^3 is 8, just not seeing why it is un-primefactored...
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:36:19 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The lowest common denominator can be *any* amount of prime numbers.  

For most common fractions you will encounter in daily life there won't be that many, but for math homework or field specific problems, it could be any number (for most field specific problems we wouldn't be finding the LCD we'd be using a calculator or a computer and I don't think anyone cares.  But I suppose there may be a few situations where we would care and need to know.  That is outside the scope of what you need to learn the complete the homework).

You already know everything you need to know to do the homework, you have already proven this several times , just something is getting mudded up somewhere. We just need to get you sorted on what you are mudded up on and you will be good.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:38:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:43:11 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Look again at the picture you took.

Pretend all the numbers you crossed out no longer exist in the world.  They are gone forever.  

Write down ONLY the numbers you DIDN'T cross out

You will write down (11) / (2*2*2)

This is 11/8.
Also, and just because I have to say this every time I use the words "crossed out" or "canceled,"  Sorry Ray, I'll make it up to you, I promise just let me do my thing.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:47:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The lowest common denominator can be *any* amount of prime numbers.  

For most common fractions you will encounter in daily life there won't be that many, but for math homework or field specific problems, it could be any number (for most field specific problems we wouldn't be finding the LCD we'd be using a calculator or a computer and I don't think anyone cares.  But I suppose there may be a few situations where we would care and need to know.  That is outside the scope of what you need to learn the complete the homework).

You already know everything you need to know to do the homework, you have already proven this several times , just something is getting mudded up somewhere. We just need to get you sorted on what you are mudded up on and you will be good.

View Quote

I have?  
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:50:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Look again at the picture you took.

Pretend all the numbers you crossed out no longer exist in the world.  They are gone forever.  

Write down ONLY the numbers you DIDN'T cross out

You will write down (11) / (2*2*2)

This is 11/8.

Also, and just because I have to say this every time I use the words "crossed out" or "canceled,"  Sorry Ray, I'll make it up to you, I promise just let me do my thing.

View Quote

Maybe I'll understand tomorrow...  
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:52:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Trying to decide what cigar I am gonna enjoy on the back deck monday evening.  

1) Cohiba Robusto
2) HdM Short Hoyo Pyramid
3) La Escepcion Selectos Finos
4) Partagas Serie D 4

I'm leaning towards number 3.
View Quote

I haven't had a cigar in ages...I check the humidor and top up the brick now and again but haven't actually dug into it and checked everything in ages...probably 2+ years
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:57:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Hmmph no wonder all my europe stuff is still dark. I forgot my europe guy is out today. Guess my evening just got a little more idle
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:57:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 101
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top