BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Excellent response.  I accept your surrender.
View Quote

now, if we could only get people to accept responsibility.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:29:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There's not a problem if you're female.
View Quote

it's so not fair!
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:45:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

thanks.

interesting how it is the court, not the folks who fucked up their marriages and whatnot, that is at fault.

remind me to blame the DMV the next time i crash my car into a phone pole.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
poor choices lead to family court.

nice edit

thanks.

interesting how it is the court, not the folks who fucked up their marriages and whatnot, that is at fault.

You must be high as a kite to make that analogy.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I have 4 kids……..I have no advise for them.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 2:02:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nice edit

thanks.

you must be high as a kite to not understand it. or exceedingly stiff. or just so opposed to the idea of individual responsibility that it's impacted your reading comprehension.

did the court tell you who to marry?

did the court tell you how to behave within the marriage?

was the court at the wheel when you hit the phone pole?

Link Posted: 4/12/2014 2:06:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have any rebuttal to my post? I'm specifically looking for people to be responsible in a way that doesn't ruin one of their chances at living a somewhat normal life.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 2:17:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

You live in California seems pretty cut and dry to me, to your girls tell them to make sure they get married and to accept nothing less (no getting the milk for free without buying the cow), to your boys tell them to not get married under any circumstance (look for free milk and stupid cows).

Link Posted: 4/12/2014 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#9]
After the ex took off with my kids and I was cleaning the junk out that she had left laying around I had one cop tell me not to throw her things away..

I started thinking the  only way she was ever coming back inside was if I was being held at gunpoint, even then I would be depending on teh gun he would be holding
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Accept responsibility for the insanity of the system? Perhaps, perhaps we should have revolted before now, burned down the courthouses, and hung the judges, lawyers, and government bureaucrats?  Since we haven't, it's our responsibility.  I can accept that.

But if you weren't just trolling this thread you would have watched the videos and seen that some people are trying to unfuck the system, without violence.  Which is the purpose of the thread.

Link Posted: 4/12/2014 3:27:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You live in California seems pretty cut and dry to me, to your girls tell them to make sure they get married and to accept nothing less (no getting the milk for free without buying the cow), to your boys tell them to not get married under any circumstance (look for free milk and stupid cows).

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I said something like this and was relentlessly pummeled by the grrrrl power "crowd" here.

Link Posted: 4/12/2014 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Accept responsibility for the insanity of the system? Perhaps, perhaps we should have revolted before now, burned down the courthouses, and hung the judges, lawyers, and government bureaucrats?  Since we haven't, it's our responsibility.  I can accept that.

But if you weren't just trolling this thread you would have watched the videos and seen that some people are trying to unfuck the system, without violence.  Which is the purpose of the thread.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bravo sir

I have fought in "Family "Court and won it nearly ended me

next time I will chose to fight in a different venue  
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 3:31:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Works for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm going to put a few videos up.  The first is a trailer for this film released in January 2014, and the second is a great interview with the filmmaker.  I know there are lots of threads here in GD about the subject of Child Support, and Divorce, but there are few solutions ever offered, other then don't get married........

Works for me.

Me too.  Freeeeeeedom!
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 4:39:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Me too.  Freeeeeeedom!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm going to put a few videos up.  The first is a trailer for this film released in January 2014, and the second is a great interview with the filmmaker.  I know there are lots of threads here in GD about the subject of Child Support, and Divorce, but there are few solutions ever offered, other then don't get married........

Works for me.

Me too.  Freeeeeeedom!

The sad thing is it doesn't have to be so screwed up.   There are western countries that make our family court, and divorce industry look absurd.  The simple truth is it's hard to marry someone for life.  People change over time.  It's made harder by the fact that since 1900 our life expectancy has almost doubled.  So, when we say "for life" it's not just a couple of decades, it's a long time.

The best we can do is try to make marriage until death do us part, but in case it doesn't we can make the break-up something other then enriching experience for attorneys, and government bureaucrats, who turn it into a living hell, and financial bloodbath.  

I know ADD is common here in GD, but I wish people would at least watch the last half of the interview with the filmmaker.  He makes some good points.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:19:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:35:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
you must be high as a kite to not understand it. or exceedingly stiff. or just so opposed to the idea of individual responsibility that it's impacted your reading comprehension.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

nice edit

thanks.

No, but the fact that you are refusing to see here is that people change over time.  How is it my fault if say after 20 years of marriage my spouse goes off the deep end and decide that she wants a divorce?

Why should me and my pay check get butt-fucked by her, her attorney, and the family court?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:37:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

it's much simpler than that.

if i get myself into a situation, it my responsibility to get myself out of it.

life isn't that hard if you use your brains and don't let your dick drag you around.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How long have you been able to predict the future behavior and future mental health of other people? Have you found a way to profit from that superpower yet?

it's much simpler than that.

if i get myself into a situation, it my responsibility to get myself out of it.

life isn't that hard if you use your brains and don't let your dick drag you around.

The way out is fucking simple...you fucking leave and dont deal with each other anymore. That isnt allowed to happen though, the government, as usual, wants to stick their fucking nose in every aspect of a persons life and control the outcome.

We are no longer allowed to do what is within common sense and/or our human nature to do.....not without paying penalties imposed by the government when it is none of their fucking business.

The fucking government has no fucking business sticking their nose into family matters. They make a fucking soup sandwich out of EVERYTHING they get involved in and the dissolution of marriage is no exception.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:38:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nice edit

thanks.

No, they fucking didnt....and as such its none of their fucking business how we resolve it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:39:04 AM EDT
[#19]

An Arfcommer posted this link a few years ago. It is an interesting read LINK

The Misandry Bubble:

A couple of snippets from the article:

"The Myth of Female Oppression : All of us have been taught how women have supposedly been oppressed throughout human existence, and that this was pervasive, systematic, and endorsed by ordinary men who presumably had it much better than women.  In reality, this narrative is entirely fabricated.  The average man was forced to risk death on the battlefield, at sea, or in mines, while most women stayed indoors tending to children and household duties.  Male life expectancy was always significantly lower than that of females, and still is.......  

.....Most of this narrative stems from 'feminists' comparing the plight of average women to the topmost men (the monarch and other aristocrats), rather than to the average man.  This practice is known as apex fallacy, and whether accidental or deliberate, entirely misrepresents reality.  To approximate the conditions of the average woman to the average man (the key word being 'average') in the Western world of a century ago, simply observe the lives of the poorest peasants in poor countries today.  Both men and women have to perform tedious work, have insufficient food and clothing, and limited opportunities for upliftment."

Jim
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:40:17 AM EDT
[#20]
LOL now the thread title has changed from something like family court is 'the problem with marriage' to 'a scam.'

glad OP got that sorted out.

it's still a pretty safe bet that if your life turns out like an episode of the jerry springer show, you probably helped get yourself into that situation.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:57:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Step 1: Complain and bitch about government.
Step 2: Go to government to get marriage license.
Step 3: Screw marriage up/Pick shitty spouse.
Step 4: Complain and bitch about government.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:35:21 AM EDT
[#22]
This is a great thread. Those who are defending this system have obviously never been a victim of it. Whether two people screwed up a marriage or not isn't the point, the point is that logic, reason and common sense are absent in these proceedings.

My sister in law started her divorce proceedings six months before my youngest child was born, he's now five years old. Her husband offered her, eight hundred thousand dollars, a house and fifteen hundred a month in child support. Her lawyer told her to turn it down, they could get more he was sure. But we all knew that he had the money to litigate indefinitely, and here we are, five years later, no decision and no end in sight. Her lawyer knew what would happen, he was feeding her ego while filling his pockets. Totally apathetic to the idea of getting her away from this man and settling her, so she could move on with her life

I have my own story about child support. Long story short, I could have spend fifteen grand to prove, I didn't owe fifteen grand. Either way I was screwed. These courts are a side show, used to destroy middle class America, and if you don't believe me, then your not paying attention.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:53:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This is a great thread. Those who are defending this system have obviously never been a victim of it. Whether two people screwed up a marriage or not isn't the point, the point is that logic, reason and common sense are absent in these proceedings.

My sister in law started her divorce proceedings six months before my youngest child was born, he's now five years old. Her husband offered her, eight hundred thousand dollars, a house and fifteen hundred a month in child support. Her lawyer told her to turn it down, they could get more he was sure. But we all knew that he had the money to litigate indefinitely, and here we are, five years later, no decision and no end in sight. Her lawyer knew what would happen, he was feeding her ego while filling his pockets. Totally apathetic to the idea of getting her away from this man and settling her, so she could move on with her life

I have my own story about child support. Long story short, I could have spend fifteen grand to prove, I didn't owe fifteen grand. Either way I was screwed. These courts are a side show, used to destroy middle class America, and if you don't believe me, then your not paying attention.
View Quote

This! If you haven't been there shut your fucking cock holster. I did everything right. Good husband and father. Fucking bitch saw her payday ending so is fucking with me every chance she gets. Gets nearly 1900 a month from me now and still cries she has no money. I'm supposed to get my daughter today. She called me Friday and cried for $150 cause she has no food/gas. I tell her no. Guess what, no she won't let me talk to my daughter all weekend and wouldn't let me have her today as was originally agreed. Fucking extortion but do you think the court would give a fuck about it or me getting to see my daughter?!?!  

As for her being broke? Whenever I go to her house to pick up my daughter the recycling bin I'd full of booze containers,  she goes tanning, out to eat blah blah. Hey guess what bitch times are tough cut back! Think court cares??  I have no problem paying child support for my daughter but spousal support go fuck yourself. We're all are own person and can make or break ourselves.

I'm fucking on the edge right now lucky I don't do something stupid. Fucking piece of shit whore bitch won't let me see my child cause she couldn't extort money from me. Yeah justice
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
if you have kids, pay up.

if your wife stayed at home and raised the kids while you worked, pay up.

easy.
View Quote

What about, wife has affair, gets pregnant with another man's baby — you pay child support because it's "in the interest of the child"?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:59:22 AM EDT
[#25]
It's funny, in a sickening way, to see Gloria Allred there commenting about how people only get as much justice as they can afford. She is a bottom feeding carp as bad as any in existence.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:59:30 AM EDT
[#26]
My sister's divorce from her attorney husband was just finalized a month or two ago, she is paying her ex $3.5K/month support for four kids.  She and my parents can't believe what a "travesty" this is.  I just keep my mouth shut, because I hope he takes her back to court for modification every year.  I've got my divorce/support T shirt women have been doing it for years, it's only fair.

A contributing factor may be that she loves to remind me that her boyfriend, (who she was screwing well before the divorce, is married with two kids, and is for sure going to leave his wife for her…lol), works in the same industry as I do, but he makes about twice what I do.  I always want to remind her, that his ex will get half of it.  Again, better to keep my mouth shut.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
in California if you have children Family court wont let you get a divorse unless you have lawyers. its "for the children"

Also have alimony for life once married 10-years.
View Quote

Go to Reno?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:18:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My sister's divorce from her attorney husband was just finalized a month or two ago, she is paying her ex $3.5K/month support for four kids.  She and my parents can't believe what a "travesty" this is.  I just keep my mouth shut, because I hope he takes her back to court for modification every year.  I've got my divorce/support T shirt women have been doing it for years, it's only fair.

A contributing factor may be that she loves to remind me that her boyfriend, (who she was screwing well before the divorce, is married with two kids, and is for sure going to leave his wife for her…lol), works in the same industry as I do, but he makes about twice what I do.  I always want to remind her, that his ex will get half of it.  Again, better to keep my mouth shut.
View Quote

I've often wondered how many divorces there would be if the male got the offspring in every instance.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:22:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This is a great thread. Those who are defending this system have obviously never been a victim of it.
View Quote

who is defending the system?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:22:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yes. No person owes another person anything. We have the ability to get a job and pay our own way. Had i decided to not work and instead spend my days taking care of the kids, maintaining the house, shooting guns and working out I would still expect to have to get a job and pay my own bills if the marraige did not work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

easy.

Thats pretty simplistic.

If you chose to stay home rather than work and you get divorced, step up and get a job. Its not 1950.

even if agreed on by the couple?

Yes. No person owes another person anything. We have the ability to get a job and pay our own way. Had i decided to not work and instead spend my days taking care of the kids, maintaining the house, shooting guns and working out I would still expect to have to get a job and pay my own bills if the marraige did not work.

There is a sort of 'breach of contract' involved here though.
Two people get together and agree that one of them will forgo career to care for the children full time, while the other pursues career and supports the family.
After twenty years they split.  At that point, the person who had been doing the child care now has earning potential of 1/4 (or pick some other fraction) due to not having pursued a career during those 20 years.
Certainly alimony is abused by many, but some amount of compensation is in order.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:22:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

easy.
View Quote

What if my wife makes a lot more than I do?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:23:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

its not simplistic. The system works. I just think people abuse and stir up shit to get back at each other.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

easy.

Thats pretty simplistic.

If you chose to stay home rather than work and you get divorced, step up and get a job. Its not 1950.

its not simplistic. The system works. I just think people abuse and stir up shit to get back at each other.

Never, ever, let your wife stop working.  As soon as maternity leave is up, send her back to work.  Even if you it costs you money after daycare, clothing and transportation.

First of all, there's a saying that a tired dog is a good dog.  Same is true of women (and men).  Second, they will soon lose respect for your work if they are not facing the daily grind themselves.  Third, it gives them something to hate besides you.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I've often wondered how many divorces there would be if the male got the offspring in every instance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have joint custody, but I believe he was un-employed, and she was making just south of $200K, so as the higher wage earner, she wins the prize.  I don't really talk to her much, but it sounds like a strange situation.  They are living together in their McMansion, because neither one of them can afford it alone.  She did tell my parents that her biggest problem with the divorce was she won't get to party with her friends as much, if she has the kids half the time, without his help.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What a BUNCH of BULLSHIT.

Blame everyone, but yourself huh? Why not? That's the American way I guess. The real truth is though that a divorce is only as costly and expensive as the parties make it.  If you are going to fight over an equitable distribution of marital assets and fight over the children than that's on you and your soon to be ex spouse.  At any time during a divorce the complaining party can withdraw their complaint in most jurisdictions.

Don't blame the courts. Don't blame the lawyers.  You need someone to blame look in the mirror.

View Quote

As an LEO that has dealt extensively with domestic matters of others and seen first hand what happens to both parties and the children, allow me to say:

You are completely full of shit and have no fucking clue what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:25:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

easy.

Depends on the state, but quite possibly you end up getting support from your ex.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:32:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Depends on the state, but quite possibly you end up getting support from your ex.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

easy.

Nope. Don't matter. The system is rigged towards women. Florida tried to fix it a few years ago and the lawyer lobby groups killed the bill.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:35:49 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

It's funny, in a sickening way, to see Gloria Allred there commenting about how people only get as much justice as they can afford. She is a bottom feeding carp as bad as any in existence.
View Quote

No doubt she's an apex parasite.  But with damn few exceptions they all are.  They go to school to become "doctors of bureaucracy", apex bureaucrats, and parasites.      

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

As an LEO that has dealt extensively with domestic matters of others and seen first hand what happens to both parties and the children, allow me to say:

You are completely full of shit and have no fucking clue what you are talking about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blame everyone, but yourself huh? Why not? That's the American way I guess. The real truth is though that a divorce is only as costly and expensive as the parties make it.  If you are going to fight over an equitable distribution of marital assets and fight over the children than that's on you and your soon to be ex spouse.  At any time during a divorce the complaining party can withdraw their complaint in most jurisdictions.

Don't blame the courts. Don't blame the lawyers.  You need someone to blame look in the mirror.

so the courts and the lawyers caused people to behave like those on the jerry springer show. how does that work?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:38:57 AM EDT
[#39]
I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger...
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:39:32 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is a great thread. Those who are defending this system have obviously never been a victim of it.

If you took the time to view the first videos, you'd see this thread was about fixing the system.   But you didn't.  Instead you just started trolling.  The system is broken.  It's a scam perpetuated by attorneys for attorneys.   There are alternatives to this system that work in other countries.  

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

so the courts and the lawyers caused people to behave like those on the jerry springer show. how does that work?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who said anything about acting poorly? Oh yeah, you did. Again you have no clue. You shoot off your mouth like you're informed however only display your own ignorance.

I suppose you're on the side of the .gov in regards to the Justina Pelletier case. After all, by your logic the girls parents clearly caused all if this by their "poor decisions".

There is no way the "system" could be so screwed up to intentionally benefit lawyers and lobby groups.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:47:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There is no way the "system" could be so screwed up to intentionally benefit lawyers and lobby groups.
View Quote

Wait...what?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:50:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No but the courts and the lawyers are sure doing their best to reward her shitty behavior and punish me for trying to do what's best for my well being and my daughter.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:52:05 AM EDT
[#44]
My ex went nuts, but in a very subtle way.  She was frighteningly believable.  She had Borderline, like in Fatal Attraction.  The divorce lasted longer than the Civil War, and cost as much as a four bedroom house in the 'burbs.  The divorce had a bankruptcy, disbarment and a murder.  At the end, I got the house, custody of my two boys and she got to pay me child support.  : -)

She was not the most mentally disturbed woman I was involved with.  The first turned out to be a mass murderess.

My current woman is a bomb-throwing, knife-fighting Muslim communist revolutionary.  I have some interesting stories.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If you took the time to view the first videos, you'd see this thread was about fixing the system.   But you didn't.  Instead you just started trolling.  The system is broken.  It's a scam perpetuated by attorneys for attorneys.   There are alternatives to this system that work in other countries.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you said that family court was the problem with marriage. later you edited the title of the post. family court is not the problem with marriage. family court may be fucked up, but it is something that comes along AFTER a marriage is fucked up.

one (or both) of two things happened here:

a) you have some difficulty making clear assertions.
b) you are desperate to blame gov for every problem people have.

i'll let you decide.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

First of all, there's a saying that a tired dog is a good dog.  Same is true of women (and men).  Second, they will soon lose respect for your work if they are not facing the daily grind themselves.  Third, it gives them something to hate besides you.
View Quote

Wisdom....especially #3....
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I suppose you're on the side of the .gov in regards to the Justina Pelletier case. After all, by your logic the girls parents clearly caused all if this by their "poor decisions".
View Quote

of course you do.

i have no idea who that is. and i don't give a shit.

one more time. people fuck up marriages. family court comes later.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:59:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Nope. Don't matter. The system is rigged towards women. Florida tried to fix it a few years ago and the lawyer lobby groups killed the bill.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

easy.

FWIW....Az crunches the #'s and the higher earner is on the hook for support.  Even if you both parties do not seek to pay/recieve CS,  the court will crunch the numbers and the awarded party can decide to waive the CS if he/she wishes.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
My ex went nuts, but in a very subtle way.  She was frighteningly believable.  She had Borderline, like in Fatal Attraction.  The divorce lasted longer than the Civil War, and cost as much as a four bedroom house in the 'burbs.  The divorce had a bankruptcy, disbarment and a murder.  At the end, I got the house, custody of my two boys and she got to pay me child support.  : -)

She was not the most mentally disturbed woman I was involved with.  The first turned out to be a mass murderess.

My current woman is a bomb-throwing, knife-fighting Muslim communist revolutionary.  I have some interesting stories.
View Quote

You sound like 2minkeys "poor choice" posterboy...
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:18:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck.

Are you from Florida?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top