Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:54:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was wondering the same thing.. Are the four "survivors" from the plane different than the couple hundred who went to the morgue?
View Quote

I am betting on the four people being like the german vampire guy. So maybe intelligent vampire vs psuedo zombie vampires like rest on board.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#2]
So for those that read the books, what is the master plan?  I mean it sounds like world domination.  However if that is the case, isn't that exactly the premise and problem with the movie Day Breakers?  The vampires take over the world but realize they are running out of blood supply because they killed off all the humans.  World Domination doesn't seem like the best plan for vampires.

I also now placed the German Vamp as the Nazi Officer from Inglorious Basterds that got his head bashed in by the "Bear Jew".  He plays a very creepy German vamp.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:05:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:32:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I was watching it on Bright House On Demand last night and had the same problem.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can anyone tell me how the first episode ended? Comcast On Demand cut off the ending Last thing I saw it looked like the M.E. was about to get snacked on in the morgue.

I was watching it on Bright House On Demand last night and had the same problem.

Fuck Brighthouse! Felt so good to cancel them when I left FL.

Oh... Awesome show too!  Scary, GF wont even sit in the same room when it's on.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:36:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's pretty high on the hierarchy of evil.  Just ahead of my ex-wife and behind Nancy Pelosi.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh. Evil corporations, evil old white guys, shitty acting.
+1
I liked it but the evil old rich nazi bad guys is a truly utterly fucking worn out cliche

Vampire Nazis dude.  Vampire Nazis

That's pretty high on the hierarchy of evil.  Just ahead of my ex-wife and behind Nancy Pelosi.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:52:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
looks like shit just got real.

that guy's wife watching him drink cow blood has to be a little worried. Time to call in the govt for help.
View Quote

pfffft like that hasn't happened to you?    
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:06:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm enjoying the series.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:27:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I like the pest control guy, hope he doesn't die soon. I get the feeling he's going to become "Mister Badass Vampire Slayer Guy"
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:22:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I like the pest control guy, hope he doesn't die soon. I get the feeling he's going to become "Mister Badass Vampire Slayer Guy"
View Quote

I think so too

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:58:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I think so too

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think so too

Yep

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:12:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Funny how that city health inspector guy is usually the bad guy in most movies.  Hopefully he gets to play a good guy this time around and actually get some screen time.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#12]
The show is slow as shit! It better speed up soon.... I might start reading the books so I don't die of old age waiting for something to happen
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The show is slow as shit! It better speed up soon.... I might start reading the books so I don't die of old age waiting for something to happen
View Quote

having 80 commercials per episode doesnt help speed things up.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What are these commercials you speak of?

Tivo is you friend

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:52:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Tivo is you friend

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tivo is you friend

I have a DVR, I was referiring to the length of the episode with so many commercial breaks.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:56:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have a DVR, I was referiring to the length of the episode with so many commercial breaks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tivo is you friend

I DVR it also, seems like over half of the run time is commercials, the rest is just lead up to the end of the episode!
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
Hopefully, it picks up tonight.  We've had three episodes of set-up and tension.  It's time for some sustained action.

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 10:41:11 PM EDT
[#19]
scratch one asshole neighbor
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 10:53:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 5:15:19 AM EDT
[#21]
wow, all the women in this show are incredibly weak and stupid.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 5:44:55 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote
Not the one married to one of the remaining four passengers, she used her husbands illness to get rid of her pesky neighbor.

Link Posted: 8/4/2014 6:22:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Not the one married to one of the remaining four passengers, she used her husbands illness to get rid of her pesky neighbor.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She definitely owned it at that part. kinda sad they didn't write her into joining the team. i think she would've made a great character since she was so damaged.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 6:25:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

She definitely owned it at that part. kinda sad they didn't write her into joining the team. i think she would've made a great character since she was so damaged.
View Quote

the trailer for next episode showed the shed being opened, I don't think she's going to join the team, I think she's going to try to feed the team to her husband
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#25]
I want to see what Kevin Durand's character is going to do. I'm convinced & told my wife that he's a vampire hunter.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 3:34:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I thought this review was pretty funny.

To say that every scene with Gus brings the show to a screeching halt would actually be offensive to screeching halts. He is a character who, unless he’s in the episode—or even in the scene—lacks any memorability. Even calling him a “character” is a bit offensive to the rest of the characters. At the risk of generalizing, no one is watching The Strain for the struggles of a not-so-reluctant criminal.

This episode even features an obligatory “everything is connected” scene with Gus returning the clock from the pilot (the last time Gus appeared to have any relevance to the plot) to Setrakian, but his scenes are consistently irrelevant to everything else that’s going on in the show.
View Quote

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/strain-its-not-everyone-207711
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 3:45:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

To say that every scene with Gus brings the show to a screeching halt would actually be offensive to screeching halts. He is a character who, unless he’s in the episode—or even in the scene—lacks any memorability. Even calling him a “character” is a bit offensive to the rest of the characters. At the risk of generalizing, no one is watching The Strain for the struggles of a not-so-reluctant criminal.

This episode even features an obligatory “everything is connected” scene with Gus returning the clock from the pilot (the last time Gus appeared to have any relevance to the plot) to Setrakian, but his scenes are consistently irrelevant to everything else that’s going on in the show.

Well, we did find out that communications have taken a shit when Gus and Fatso were talking to the car dealers.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:57:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Man the people in this show are so dumb, I wonder if they're secret backstory is that they're from Under the Dome, cause those people are incredibly stupid too.  Why are these professionals compelled to do everything by themselves, not tell anyone, pretend to be detectives, and then destroy the evidence!?  Right after putting the dissected monster body in the incinerator one of them remarks that "nobody will believe them"...are they cereal?   Of course nobody would believe them (first they'd have to actually tell someone), they destroyed and scrubbed all the material evidence!  Nobody who'd really gone through such a bizarre event would scrub the evidence, so that would discredit their story.  And then  who discovers murdering zombie vampires and decides telling nobody is the first course of action? Ughhhh!

Then the woman with the vampire husband, she's all over the place, tells her husband she's taking the kids but then seems desperate to stay and talk.  Why doesn't she call the doctor herself?  And why doesn't Samwise call the police or CDC himself, guy doesn't need permission, why do they feel compelled to tell people what they are gonna do, just freaking make the call!

Then there's the wife's reaction, must be liberal. She sees what is obviously evidence of a possible crime, at least an animal attack and she proceeds to...not tell anyone and play 'investigator', really?!   She was concerned about her husband but then when he's a disgusting monster, that, that is ok with her.  She doesn't even have the instinct to back away, what the heck, I've been startled by bunny rabbits and she stays still and in arms reach of this thing! Whaaaat.  Nobody would act that way!  She is sad about her dead dog then but then when the neighbor might have hit it she decides he must die...wasn't her husband killing the dog err...worse?   And then what kind of neighbor is like, "sure I'll come beat your dog".  And again, "I'm gonna call the police", uh, calling the police is like drawing your gun, you don't tell someone you're calling, you just freaking DO IT!

Then the main characters still playing detective, trespassing into another guys home...again, and the women goes full derp and calls self defense "extermination" and would rather die and let the monsters keep killing people.  Ughhhh the stupid is compounding on itself at a geometric rate!  The horror!!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 5:53:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Man the people in this show are so dumb, I wonder if they're secret backstory is that they're from Under the Dome, cause those people are incredibly stupid too.  Why are these professionals compelled to do everything by themselves, not tell anyone, pretend to be detectives, and then destroy the evidence!?  Right after putting the dissected monster body in the incinerator one of them remarks that "nobody will believe them"...are they cereal?   Of course nobody would believe them (first they'd have to actually tell someone), they destroyed and scrubbed all the material evidence!  Nobody who'd really gone through such a bizarre event would scrub the evidence, so that would discredit their story.  And then  who discovers murdering zombie vampires and decides telling nobody is the first course of action? Ughhhh!

Then the woman with the vampire husband, she's all over the place, tells her husband she's taking the kids but then seems desperate to stay and talk.  Why doesn't she call the doctor herself?  And why doesn't Samwise call the police or CDC himself, guy doesn't need permission, why do they feel compelled to tell people what they are gonna do, just freaking make the call!

Then there's the wife's reaction, must be liberal. She sees what is obviously evidence of a possible crime, at least an animal attack and she proceeds to...not tell anyone and play 'investigator', really?!   She was concerned about her husband but then when he's a disgusting monster, that, that is ok with her.  She doesn't even have the instinct to back away, what the heck, I've been startled by bunny rabbits and she stays still and in arms reach of this thing! Whaaaat.  Nobody would act that way!  She is sad about her dead dog then but then when the neighbor might have hit it she decides he must die...wasn't her husband killing the dog err...worse?   And then what kind of neighbor is like, "sure I'll come beat your dog".  And again, "I'm gonna call the police", uh, calling the police is like drawing your gun, you don't tell someone you're calling, you just freaking DO IT!

Then the main characters still playing detective, trespassing into another guys home...again, and the women goes full derp and calls self defense "extermination" and would rather die and let the monsters keep killing people.  Ughhhh the stupid is compounding on itself at a geometric rate!  The horror!!!
View Quote

The entire system is corrupted by Eldrich Palmer and The Master and even if Goodweather and the others told anyone, they would be silenced. Which we will discover later. Which is also why they are working alone with Setrakian to stop the Master themselves.

The vampire guy's wife has psychological disorder and is entirely dependent on her husband.

Kelly is just an idiot who deserves to be turned into a vampire.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:09:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Dumb as shit tonight. This show could have been awesome.
View Quote

I'm thinking shits finally about to go down, but the stupidity of a lot of these character is still staggering
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:20:56 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I'm thinking shits finally about to go down, but the stupidity of a lot of these character is still staggering
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Definitely looks like things are about to go down.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wife & I liked it. I guess we're dumb as shit.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:21:03 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

...I am dumb ...

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So for those that read the books, what is the master plan?  I mean it sounds like world domination.  However if that is the case, isn't that exactly the premise and problem with the movie Day Breakers?  The vampires take over the world but realize they are running out of blood supply because they killed off all the humans.  World Domination doesn't seem like the best plan for vampires.  

I also now placed the German Vamp as the Nazi Officer from Inglorious Basterds that got his head bashed in by the "Bear Jew".  He plays a very creepy German vamp.
View Quote

The "Nazi Officer" was a German Wehrmacht NCO in Inglorious Basterds.

If you read the books (The Strain series), you see that the OTHER master vamps want nothing to do with this master's plans, as they have their hidden empire built up and safe from common observation, and this other guy's fucking it all up.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

If you read the books (The Strain series), you see that the OTHER master vamps want nothing to do with this master's plans, as they have their hidden empire built up and safe from common observation, and this other guy's fucking it all up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

spoilers, but interesting  
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:10:44 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm not really sure why I'm sticking with this.  

I only really like the rat guy and the old dude, everyone else I hope dies
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm not really sure why I'm sticking with this.  

I only really like the rat guy and the old dude, everyone else I hope dies
View Quote

yeah, I hope they all die except the old guy
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 10:07:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 11:38:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Kinda glad those "FEDS" got what was coming to them.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 5:46:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Watching again tonight.  Please get better
View Quote

after a slow start, shits finally starting to roll.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 7:06:30 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Watching again tonight.  Please get better

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 2:59:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 6:14:56 PM EDT
[#44]
I like the rat guy, the old vampire killing guy and the nazi vampires. Show really is not all the great, It seems they do things just for shock value.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#45]
I just read a summary of the plot from the books.

This is going to be a dark show if they run out the full story.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:44:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:46:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I keep watching hoping that it gets better.  Such a weird show.
View Quote

I've stopped watching altogether.
Not willing to invest more time in shitty TV shows that drag on and on with no moneyshot payout.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:40:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Looks like it's been renewed.  So thats a good sign.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:51:18 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm enjoying the show
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:03:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm enjoying the show
View Quote

Me too. It's picking up steam now.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top