Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 4/9/2014 9:51:57 PM EDT
Premiering in July, Looks like it might be good

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Definitely want to see this.

There's another show I'm looking out for called The last Ship.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:22:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks good, I wonder if their going to bring back " The BRIDGE " ?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Based on this, I believe.

The Strain
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:29:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I've read all three books. It ought to be a good series, but I don't think they need to stretch it out for 5 seasons.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:59:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've read all three books. It ought to be a good series, but I don't think they need to stretch it out for 5 seasons.
View Quote

Oh, yes.  I've read the first two and got myself involved in The Dark Tower series so the third has been waiting on my night stand.  

I hope they do the *opening* plane scene justice.  That was one of the most tense moments of reading I've ever had.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:09:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh holy shit! That will be awesome!  I have all 3 books.  Pretty good read and a new take on vampires.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 12:40:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Definitely want to see this.

There's another show I'm looking out for called The last Ship.
View Quote

I forgot about that one, I want to see it also.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Strain
View Quote

Is it a good series. I read the Wiki about it and it doesn't sound too bad. The vampires sound a little like the ones del Toro created in Blade II (Reapers). The reviews are mixed though.

I've been looking for a good series to get into. I read the first book of Z.A. Recht's Morningstar zombie books. Haven't gotten around to getting the follow-on books though.

I wouldn't mind checking this one out, although my benchmark for a good vampire series has been the Necroscope series, and nothing has come close to that.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Is it a good series. I read the Wiki about it and it doesn't sound too bad. The vampires sound a little like the ones del Toro created in Blade II (Reapers). The reviews are mixed though.

I've been looking for a good series to get into. I read the first book of Z.A. Recht's Morningstar zombie books. Haven't gotten around to getting the follow-on books though.

I wouldn't mind checking this one out, although my benchmark for a good vampire series has been the Necroscope series, and nothing has come close to that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Strain

I haven't read it. I don't go much for the vampire genre anymore, although I hit about everything else. I just remember reading an article that mentioned the source.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Looks good, I wonder if their going to bring back " The BRIDGE " ?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:12:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought all three books. Got them in the mail the other day. Now I'm just waiting for them to read themselves to me.

ETA: About 3.4 through the first book. So far it's awesome. Can't wait for the show.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I've read the first two of Del Toro's books in this series, good stuff so far.

I'll probably watch the TV series.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 5/28/2014 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#14]
IMDb First Look
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 11:16:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:46:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Wholy Crap! This looks scary! I'll be watching tonight!

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 10:40:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Anyone else watching?
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 10:51:56 PM EDT
[#18]
yep....so far pretty good
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 10:55:44 PM EDT
[#19]
I read the series. There's some stuff in there I'm not sure how they're going to be able to translate to tv.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 10:57:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Ouch.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 10:59:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Anyone else watching?
View Quote
Very good !

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:05:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ouch.
View Quote

Dude must have fucked his sister.

Holy shit.

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:08:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Set to record the next one.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:18:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Looking good so far.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:19:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Started off pretty good.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:35:19 AM EDT
[#26]
I liked it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:40:48 AM EDT
[#27]
It has survived on my DVR series list longer than The Last Ship already.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:48:41 AM EDT
[#28]
It was a little cheesy, as I feared. Del Toro has this overly stylistic 'comic book' feel to his recent work that I can't wrap my head around. It worked in Pacific Rim, because that was the genre. I'm not gonna give up just yet, but I wasn't immediately convinced by the pilot. Still better than last nights True Blood, however.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:12:54 AM EDT
[#29]
I want to see this. Liking Tyrant so far.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:15:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Meh. Evil corporations, evil old white guys, shitty acting.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#31]
At least it's taking vampires back away from the twitards.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 10:40:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It was a little cheesy, as I feared. Del Toro has this overly stylistic 'comic book' feel to his recent work that I can't wrap my head around. It worked in Pacific Rim, because that was the genre. I'm not gonna give up just yet, but I wasn't immediately convinced by the pilot. Still better than last nights True Blood, however.
View Quote

It has a very blade 2 feel to it. since del toro directed blade 2 that would explain things.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 10:46:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone know, off hand, if neyflix or amazon will have it available for watching?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 10:47:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 9:53:39 AM EDT
[#35]
So why did the vampire smash that guys head? I thought make'n vampires was the point.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Doh!  I forgot to watch the pilot.

Tonight!
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

So why did the vampire smash that guys head? I thought make'n vampires was the point.
View Quote
He's got a wee bit of a temper.  

I liked the pilot, I actually started reading the books because of this thread and finished up the third one last night.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 1:04:13 PM EDT
[#38]
So is it any good? I have in on DVR. The wife & I will watch it tonight.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 1:07:55 PM EDT
[#39]
I liked it. Its not Goonies or Rudy, but its watchable.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Poor fella was hungry, he needs a snickers
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#41]
so far so good.

the whole "super smart CDC scientist with assistant he had an affair with as the main character" thing is right out of Helix though
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 4:38:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
so far so good.

the whole "super smart CDC scientist with assistant he had an affair with as the main character" thing is right out of Helix though
View Quote

I was so disappointed with dude's acting, too. He was great in House of Cards.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 5:27:40 PM EDT
[#43]
This show is awesome sauce
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote

He sucked him dry.  he's not coming back as a vamp.  So destroying head makes it harder to tell he had a big ass puncture wound in his neck from where the blood was drained.  Now it looks like blood loss because of smashed head syndrome.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

He sucked him dry.  he's not coming back as a vamp.  So destroying head makes it harder to tell he had a big ass puncture wound in his neck from where the blood was drained.  Now it looks like blood loss because of smashed head syndrome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

But if he sucked him dry there wouldn't be any blood loss from the smashed head.  That looked vindictive.  Did that guy touch the dirt in the

box?  I don't remember.  Dominance issue maybe?
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 6:22:14 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

But if he sucked him dry there wouldn't be any blood loss from the smashed head.  That looked vindictive.  Did that guy touch the dirt in the    

box?  I don't remember.  Dominance issue maybe?

there was some red shit already on the floor.  Not sure what that was supposed to be.  I don't remember if he touched the dirt or not.  

Vamp obviously had some way to entice that guy over to his location but not anyone else.  

Perhaps he was in the rafters watching the group examine the box and decided to snack on him since he hung around.  

Link Posted: 7/15/2014 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#47]
He smashed that guy's head in to hide the fact that the monster is Aimless.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
He smashed that guy's head in to hide the fact that the monster is Aimless.
View Quote

GET THE FUCK OUT

What round for vampire penguin?
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 6:26:47 PM EDT
[#49]
The Strain is supposed to be really well done. However The Last Ship is a good series but completely different story line from the book. I read the book and loved it. So If you watch the series read the book later, otherwise youll be disappointed.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Vampires are gross and scary.

Good characters.

Good production values.

Loved the books.

It's also a nice thumb in the eye of the shitty vampire show on Sundays.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top