Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

*snort*

This keeps getting better and better.

Please keep the my-forged-lower-made-by-someone-else-and-marked-Noveske-by-the-forge-house-with-a-variance-issued-by-ATF-is-better-than-your-forged-lower-made-by-someone-else-and-marked-ABC Guns-by-the-forge-house-with-a-variance-issued-by-ATF circle jerk in the tech forum.

The flared magwell lowers are a nice touch. Kudos on the design for that. But to claim that somehow there is something inherently higher quality about one aluminum forging that meets design specs vs. another aluminum forging that meets design specs is laughable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man, I loathe elitist pricks.

I loathe jealous idiots who feel they have to put things (that cost more than theirs did) down & disparage the owners of those higher quality items as somehow stupid.

Thanks for proving my point.

You dont have a point, only envy.

*snort*

This keeps getting better and better.

Please keep the my-forged-lower-made-by-someone-else-and-marked-Noveske-by-the-forge-house-with-a-variance-issued-by-ATF-is-better-than-your-forged-lower-made-by-someone-else-and-marked-ABC Guns-by-the-forge-house-with-a-variance-issued-by-ATF circle jerk in the tech forum.

The flared magwell lowers are a nice touch. Kudos on the design for that. But to claim that somehow there is something inherently higher quality about one aluminum forging that meets design specs vs. another aluminum forging that meets design specs is laughable.

Higher quality? I didn't go there, but more desirable? Sure, to many at least. I wish all my lowers had flared wells and built in trigger guards and fit tight with my uppers.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:19:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

If you're really unhappy with the blems then why not just ask Noveske for a $20 refund which will put it at the chainsaw price?

I wouldn't have even noticed most of the blems or it wouldn't has bothered me personally.
View Quote
I wonder if Noveske could put the chainsaw logo on it if you sent it back to them?

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I wonder if Noveske could put the chainsaw logo on it if you sent it back to them?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're really unhappy with the blems then why not just ask Noveske for a $20 refund which will put it at the chainsaw price?

I wouldn't have even noticed most of the blems or it wouldn't has bothered me personally.
LOL

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 10:13:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Noveske forgot who their customer is.

You can't charge a 250% premium and send out a mediocre  product.   That's not how the free market works.

The people who are willing to pay that kind of markup expect perfection.   They are a small, but vocal minority.  

They might be pretentious and annoying, but you better make them happy if your business model depends on their good will.    

Sheri needs to learn about business, or quit and get a job with the Government.  

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 10:53:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You can't charge a 250% premium and send out a mediocre  product.   That's not how the free market works.

The people who are willing to pay that kind of markup expect perfection.   They are a small, but vocal minority.  

They might be pretentious and annoying, but you better make them happy if your business model depends on their good will.    

View Quote
Very eloquently put.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Couple of thoughts while trying not to take a side here:

1.  God bless you picky mofo's for creating the whole blem/chainsaw grade of parts.  You've saved me a ton of money.

2.  This thread title is overly dramatic and attention grabbing.  They aren't even making these lowers anymore.

3.  The guys saying this is what you should expect when charging these prices for lowers/guns have a point.

4.  As much as I hate to admit it, AR-15 customers have changed a bit over the years, and some guys have been quicker to figure that out or at least cater to this growing segment of fit & finish buyers.  Spike's, Mega, LaRue and others have been cranking out parts and guns with great aesthetics for a while without any issues.

5.  Hope this is just a blip for Noveske and they get this kind of stuff squared away soon.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 12:27:28 PM EDT
[#7]
You guys act like rifles aren't tools, they aren't toys guys. They are gonna get scratched and dinged up. Welcome it with open arms and quit yo bitchin'
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You guys act like rifles aren't tools, they aren't toys guys. They are gonna get scratched and dinged up. Welcome it with open arms and quit yo bitchin'
View Quote
You should ask the salesman to drag a key along the side of your next new vehicle as you drive it off the lot, it's just a tool to get you to and fro.  

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#9]
These threads are hilarious just for watching all the blowhard tough guys prattle on and on about their "hard use tools" and how cool they are for scratching and denting their equipment.

You guys are true American heroes.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 12:51:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

These threads are hilarious just for watching all the blowhard tough guys prattle on and on about their "hard use tools" and how cool they are for scratching and denting their equipment.

View Quote
They may not see this till tomorrow, they are at the gym with blonde 4 hotties, bench pressing 500 lbs with one arm... and then getting an eagle tattoo that covers their whole back, then gonna shoot 5000 rounds in a hardcore carbine class in the rain and on gravel.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 12:54:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looking at the pics and the comments in that thread make me shake my head.  I've put worse damage on a lower taking it out of the safe.

I never knew lowers could be "graded."

I hope you've never owned or have a desire to own a Colt.
View Quote

Hold on there skippy, let's keep Colt out of this Noveske discussion shall we?    

I've got two 6940's and one 6920 that are absolutely beautiful rifles.  

Fit, finish, function and accuracy is excellent with all of them.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#12]
My condolences to those who get a truly unusable out of spec receiver.  That is a problem, and must be addressed by Noveske.

It seems as if Noveske may have over-represented the condition of some of those receivers. Were I them, I'd be offering full refunds for returns, or perhaps $100 credits and you keep the receiver as the price difference between chainsaw and non-chainsaw lowers since they're not producing them anymore. Shouldn't be too hard to do.

This reminds me of threads long ago on ARFCOM where people were disconcerted about the condition of thier lowers. Seems we've come full circle.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The problem is that people don't view the AR for what it is, a tool. Just like any other tool, it's designed for a special role.  Just like any other tool, it'll get wear and tear from use.  Just like any other tool, it's not designed to last forever, and will need to be replaced one day.  Just like any other tool, some are made better than others, and the way you take care of it will impact that lifespan.  You can name it, dress it up, and hide it away in a safe for 10 years, but that doesn't change what it is, a tool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the pins are off, I would be pissed. The cosmetic stuff would get a shrug from me.

But as I have said before, and ruffled a few feathers doing so, there are a 3 groups of people in the gun community. Gun owners, collectors and shooters. These threads prove that the majority aren't the latter.

I agree with this. I have a friend that likes the sig P226 because he thinks and I quote "The buttons on the side look cool". This was my reaction

The problem is that people don't view the AR for what it is, a tool. Just like any other tool, it's designed for a special role.  Just like any other tool, it'll get wear and tear from use.  Just like any other tool, it's not designed to last forever, and will need to be replaced one day.  Just like any other tool, some are made better than others, and the way you take care of it will impact that lifespan.  You can name it, dress it up, and hide it away in a safe for 10 years, but that doesn't change what it is, a tool.

If I bought a Snap On torque wrench and it was all fucked up out of the package I'd be pissed.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:07:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I wonder how many of people have taken a close look at a new in box Colt. Those receivers are dinged to hell.
View Quote

Are you talking about the Walmart colts or the regular ones??
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#15]
We'll I for one hope they start selling Chainsaw stickers.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

We'll I for one hope they start selling Chainsaw stickers.
View Quote
One of those might run you about $39.95.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:20:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder how many of people have taken a close look at a new in box Colt. Those receivers are dinged to hell.

They come from  the same place and that's total  bullshit.  My Colts have been pristine from the factory.   Every single one.

glklvr seems to have a problem with Noveske and Colt.  

Seems odd that  he "protests so much" about both companies.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you actually USE your weapons, they will get scratches and the usual wear marks. Maybe you don't know anything about that...
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They may not see this till tomorrow, they are at the gym with blonde 4 hotties, bench pressing 500 lbs with one arm... and then getting an eagle tattoo that covers their whole back, then gonna shoot 5000 rounds in a hardcore carbine class in the rain and on gravel.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:31:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If you actually USE your weapons, they will get scratches and the usual wear marks. Maybe you don't know anything about that...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I don't.

Or maybe I don't barge into a thread that's more about economics and build up a straw man where it's mutually exclusive to own rifles that get used a lot and rifles that are safe queens.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Oh now you're gonna make heads explode.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since when is Noveske "tier-1"?
Oh now you're gonna make heads explode.  

Shhhhhh!, you'll scare them away Chiefy

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:35:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
They must have hired Napoleon_Tannerite to be their QC guy.

View Quote

He works for free........only everyone has to salute him.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:37:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:47:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Only three are natural blondes, #4 has a red bush.
2. 600 lbs with the weak arm.
3. It is a chicken, just like the one Mom has.
4. 10000 rounds, SBR class, on broken glass in a hurricane.

(I snuck across the border, Si Se Puede!)

Come at me bro!

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 2:11:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Whatever helps you sleep at night bud.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Sssshhhhh don't disturb them, they are polishing their guns.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 2:12:30 PM EDT
[#27]
double tap.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 2:15:33 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Come at me bro!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come at me bro!

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

ARFCOM, where we make fun of in shape guys that take training seriously and do well with women, while we defend the dudes that take pictures of their guns with $1,000 cameras to find scratches and bitch about their SHTF fighting rifles not working with the cheapest, crappiest ammo they can find at Walmart.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
ARFCOM, where we make fun of in shape guys that take training seriously and do well with women, while we defend the dudes that take pictures of their guns with $1,000 cameras to find scratches and bitch about their SHTF fighting rifles not working with the cheapest, crappiest ammo they can find at Walmart.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

At least I'm laughing at both sides as an equal opportunity maker funner of'er right?

I am in shape, have a smoking hot wife, shoot all my guns (rigorously), have been trained by the best, been part of an elite Army unit, make all my own ammo.... AND have a $1000+ camera, maybe 2.

What does that make me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 2:59:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
At least I'm laughing at both sides as an equal opportunity maker funner of'er right?

I am in shape, have a smoking hot wife, shoot all my guns (rigorously), have been trained by the best, been part of an elite Army unit, make all my own ammo.... AND have a $1000+ camera, maybe 2.  

What does that make me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does that make me.

I would call you an operator, but it looks like you've reserved some guns that aren't "hard use". Only operators "run" their guns "hard" all the time, every time and scratch them constantly.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:11:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They come from  the same place and that's total  bullshit.  My Colts have been pristine from the factory.   Every single one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah....especially since I own one of one brand and two of another. I'll let you herpderp all you want about which ones are which.

They might have a scratch or a ding on them though.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yeah....especially since I own one of one brand and two of another. I'll let you herpderp all you want about which ones are which.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:43:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Enjoy your Noveskes, boys.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:48:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

What does that make me.

View Quote

Reading this thread, someone with an axe to grind with Noveske which greatly surpasses some QA fuckups on pricey lowers.

Don't get me wrong; I'd expect something at that price to be absolutely pristine (like their standalone barrels are), but some of the caterwauling in this thread is downright
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:01:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That's nice. There were so many threads bitching about Colt finishes that I started a consolidated thread instead of having a bunch of separate threads running.  ANY manufacturer can let some go with dings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's nice. There were so many threads bitching about Colt finishes that I started a consolidated thread instead of having a bunch of separate threads running.  ANY manufacturer can let some go with dings.

Tier 1 guns come with scratches and dings, bro. That's how you know they are built for real operators.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I would call you an operator, but it looks like you've reserved some guns that aren't "hard use". Only operators "run" their guns "hard" all the time, every time and scratch them constantly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does that make me.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:03:58 PM EDT
[#38]
I have a noveske gen 1 non chainsaw lower and it is flawless
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:04:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I have three Doublestar lowers and they're flawless. And a Stinger Arms (Mega) that's flawless.

Anyone else with a flawless lower? Apparently it's a big deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a noveske gen 1 non chainsaw lower and it is flawless

I have three Doublestar lowers and they're flawless. And a Stinger Arms (Mega) that's flawless.

Anyone else with a flawless lower? Apparently it's a big deal.

I have a flawless Anvil Arms lower, which is good since I'd have to trade Honey Buns and cigarettes with the owner of Anvil Arms during a conjugal visit to have it fixed.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

... been part of an elite Army unit...

What does that make me.
View Quote
Duh, a has-been!

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:12:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:17:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Lucky! I asked my mom for an Afghan, and she said "Ok!" and so I thought, "Awesome!"

A week later, she comes down the basement with this:

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:33:56 PM EDT
[#44]

Looks like oil/dirt to me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote

A big Noveske fan here and you stated my case for me.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:44:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
My condolences to those who get a truly unusable out of spec receiver.  That is a problem, and must be addressed by Noveske.

It seems as if Noveske may have over-represented the condition of some of those receivers. Were I them, I'd be offering full refunds for returns, or perhaps $100 credits and you keep the receiver as the price difference between chainsaw and non-chainsaw lowers since they're not producing them anymore. Shouldn't be too hard to do.

This reminds me of threads long ago on ARFCOM where people were disconcerted about the condition of thier lowers. Seems we've come full circle.

http://the-nashes.net/images/CAR-15/Bushmaster2.jpg
View Quote

Purple finish would be a deal beaker for me. I know it's a tool but a purple tool?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Purple finish would be a deal beaker for me. I know it's a tool but a purple tool?
View Quote

I got issued an Mk12 Mod 1 and the upper and lower color didn't quite match.

I told them to take it back because there was no telling what else was wrong with it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

+1000 internets for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any plain jane, PSA or Anderson lower, I wouldn't even bat an eye at those marks.

Paid a premium for a Noveske?  Yeah, I'd be a bit upset.

There's nothing wrong with plain jane lower.  I have one and it's never failed me.

pics of stripped lower ?

(please dont kill me)

+1000 internets for you.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://the-nashes.net/images/CAR-15/Bushmaster2.jpg

You wife liked my purple tool.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:54:31 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bwahahaha. Good shit

Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top