User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 184
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:27:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thomas Jefferson.........

“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

The real irony is how Reid has been silent on and/or active in the current administration picking and choosing what laws they will abide by.

Oh, the fucking irony! This vile little parasitic bag of scum was called out, almost word for word, over 225 years ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Harry Reid......

“But I don’t think it’s going to be tomorrow that something is going to happen, but something will happen. We are a nation of laws, not of men and women.”
Reid called militias staying at Bundy’s Bunkerville ranch “domestic violent terrorist-wannabes.” ......

“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

The real irony is how Reid has been silent on and/or active in the current administration picking and choosing what laws they will abide by.

Oh, the fucking irony! This vile little parasitic bag of scum was called out, almost word for word, over 225 years ago.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:53:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Harry Reid......

“But I don’t think it’s going to be tomorrow that something is going to happen, but something will happen. We are a nation of laws, not of men and women.”
Reid called militias staying at Bundy’s Bunkerville ranch “domestic violent terrorist-wannabes.” ......

Funny how Reid talks about "nation of laws" as you say when the tyrants deliberately selectively enforce laws especially against their enemies
or those holding property they lust after......

The selective enforcement of laws is institutionalized injustice.....pretty much against what our founding father's and God himself were and are
adamantly against....imo
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#3]
The whole thing is absurd.  Big shot rancher doesn't wanna pay grazing fees to the feds(akin to cheating on your taxes) and a bunch of people show up to defend him against the big bad federal govt.  The feds suck, but the rancher is still breaking the law as it's written and IDK why he has a small army of folks trying to stand up for his 'rights' to graze the land without paying for it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:07:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Indicted Businessman Names Harry Reid as Alleged Recipient of Massive Bribe

"The government is best which governs least" -Thomas Jefferson
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:08:31 AM EDT
[#5]
New American Media interviews some domestic terrorists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUXfKSJt7KM
HossUSMC & James Yeager

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyRaPYL1UuQ
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:18:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The whole thing is absurd.  Big shot rancher doesn't wanna pay grazing fees to the feds(akin to cheating on your taxes) and a bunch of people show up to defend him against the big bad federal govt.  The feds suck, but the rancher is still breaking the law as it's written and IDK why he has a small army of folks trying to stand up for his 'rights' to graze the land without paying for it.
View Quote

Your post segues into the heart of the matter.

What we are seeing is loss of legitimacy of law. Overwhelmingly people obey the law even when they don't agree with it. In this case, the abuses are seen and transparent, which should lead to changes in unjust laws if certain authorities pursue an unjust or immoral or unconstitutional course of actions.

"The power to compel obedience to the law is derived from the power to sway public opinion to the belief that the law and its agents are legitimate and deserving of this obedience."

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:26:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
So go stop him

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So go stop him

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So go stop him

I'd see things differently if it were HIS land, but it's not.  It's public land and he has no right to destroy it with his cattle without paying the required fee and abiding by the regulations.  Makes him no better than another FSA type.  

This is like if I complained about registration fees that are required to drive on the roads.  The roads are public property and the public can decide what the regulations are.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

You sure you live in Utah?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'd see things differently if it were HIS land, but it's not.  It's public land and he has no right to destroy it with his cattle without paying the required fee and abiding by the regulations.  Makes him no better than another FSA type.  

This is like if I complained about registration fees that are required to drive on the roads.  The roads are public property and the public can decide what the regulations are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So go stop him

How are cows destroying it?
They fertilize it tortoises eat they're shit.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:04:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'd see things differently if it were HIS land, but it's not. It's public land and he has no right to destroy it with his cattle without paying the required fee and abiding by the regulations.  Makes him no better than another FSA type.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So go stop him

I'd see things differently if it were HIS land, but it's not. It's public land and he has no right to destroy it with his cattle without paying the required fee and abiding by the regulations.  Makes him no better than another FSA type.  

Sounds like that's what's happening.

ETA- I love how you say it's the public land not his, when he's part of the public.

"We the people, except for you"

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

ETA- I love how you say it's the public land not his, when he's part of the public.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So go stop him

He's a visionary, don't ya know?  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:50:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

snip

Visionary?
Hard to be visionary when you're nearsighted.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:15:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So go stop him

So what would you do if the gov tripled the road fees and then only allowed you to drive on them once a week?

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

BLM grazing fees are the cheapest game in town, by a factor of 5x or more.  In marginal land such as the Bunkerville Allotment, their fees probably don't cover the most modest management efforts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
‘Grazing fees’ should be revisited. Grazing fees came out of 1906 Act where Fed. bureaucrats in 1907 used the Act to fleece cattlemen. The government has no overhead costs to feed the grazing cows.

BLM, the custodians, do not plant, fertilize, water, or provide the sunshine to grow desert shrubs that cattle eat. The shrubs naturally have grow even with feeding cattle.   No human intervention is needed.  It’s purely a financial windfall for bureaucrats who really provide no service. It’s about as close to having fees to breath the air over BLM custodial lands.  

BLM grazing fees are the cheapest game in town, by a factor of 5x or more.  In marginal land such as the Bunkerville Allotment, their fees probably don't cover the most modest management efforts.

I was listening to Mike Church this morning, and one of his callers brought up a point. If Bundy's family has been ranching on the same range for the last hundred years or so wouldn't his lease hold precedence over any later agency, bureau, or regulation that comes down the pike? The caller claimed that his BIL worked for the BLM and it  was his BIL's belief that the contract, the lease dating back to the 19th century would hold precedence.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Funny how Reid talks about "nation of laws" as you say when the tyrants deliberately selectively enforce laws especially against their enemies

The selective enforcement of laws is institutionalized injustice.....pretty much against what our founding father's and God himself were and are
adamantly against....imo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Harry Reid......

adamantly against....imo

Law abiding means squat when the guy with power can make anything he wants illegal.
Folks who think mass surveillance and data storage won't <ever> affect them because they aren't criminals <yet> are fools.
Seems some are setting the stage for peaceably protest="domestic terrorist".
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So what would you do if the gov tripled the road fees and then only allowed you to drive on them once a week?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So go stop him

Especially if your livelihood depended on unrestricted travel......
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#18]
ran across this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bYP4Km94ps&list=UUSi64g0azbv5ULkDLxMN9tw
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:07:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Law abiding means squat when the guy with power can make anything he wants illegal.
Folks who think mass surveillance and data storage won't <ever> affect them because they aren't criminals <yet> are fools.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Harry Reid......

adamantly against....imo

Reminds me a little bit of the movie V for Vendetta.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Correct.  The ranchers like Bundy pay for those improvements out of their own pockets and their own labor.  
The BLM are too busy taking their skimmings and buying out the other ranchers so they can appease the environmentalists and "special interest groups" or setting up the land to be taken over by Harry Reid and his cronies.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
‘Grazing fees’ should be revisited. Grazing fees came out of 1906 Act where Fed. bureaucrats in 1907 used the Act to fleece cattlemen. The government has no overhead costs to feed the grazing cows.

BLM, the custodians, do not plant, fertilize, water, or provide the sunshine to grow desert shrubs that cattle eat. The shrubs naturally have grow even with feeding cattle.   No human intervention is needed.  It’s purely a financial windfall for bureaucrats who really provide no service. It’s about as close to having fees to breath the air over BLM custodial lands.  

Correct.  The ranchers like Bundy pay for those improvements out of their own pockets and their own labor.  
The BLM are too busy taking their skimmings and buying out the other ranchers so they can appease the environmentalists and "special interest groups" or setting up the land to be taken over by Harry Reid and his cronies.  

That is what you do on any land lease. At the end of the lease if you can not load it out you lose it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Visionary?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

Visionary?

Seems like everyone is nearsighted but you.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:25:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So go stop him

WTF
Cows been grazing on that land in Nevada since there been cows in Nevada. Hundreds of years. Bundy is against the federal land grab and never agreed with it.

His supporters (the people) are fed up with the Feds.

Oh the defiance!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:26:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

Visionary?

Probably because I have pretty good access to inside scoop.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:39:15 PM EDT
[#24]
There are so many laws and regulations EVERYONE in this country has broken the law. The gov't selectively enforces the law and can bust anyone they want too.
The biggest example is immigration laws.
The BLM has already run all the other ranchers off the land in question. Clive Bundy is the last. The feds will bust him on something. They will hit him with several charges before it is over.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

There are so many laws and regulations EVERYONE in this country has broken the law. The gov't selectively enforces the law and can bust anyone they want too.

The biggest example is immigration laws.

The BLM has already run all the other ranchers off the land in question. Clive Bundy is the last. The feds will bust him on something. They will hit him with several charges before it is over.
View Quote
They're gonna have to go through quite a few people to get to him first.

Or not.

Guess we'll see what happens

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

You didn't do much reading into this, did you...

They aren't grazing fees. They changed their rules in 1993, and his fees were to go from paying for assistance in upkeep of the roads, watering structures, and fences his family has built since 1870, to paying for damage to the desert tortoise habitat. He fought it in court, and the same judge that signed off on the BLM changing the rules was the one overseeing the case.

Throw in a little Harry Reid mafia action, and you have your basic thugs in government screwing over ranchers under color of law. This certainly isn't about taxes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:52:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Mr. Reid, his son Rory, and BLM Director Neil Kornze. Mr. Reid, his son Rory, and BLM Director Neil Kornze. Mr. Reid, his son Rory, and BLM Director Neil Kornze. Mr. Reid, his son Rory, and BLM Director Neil Kornze. Mr. Reid, his son Rory, and BLM Director Neil Kornze. Mr. Reid, his son Rory, and BLM Director Neil Kornze. Mr. Reid, his son Rory, and BLM Director Neil Kornze. Mr. Reid, his son Rory, and BLM Director Neil Kornze. Mr. Reid, his son Rory, and BLM Director Neil Kornze.

The elephant in the room.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:21:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Harry Reid......

Yeah I found that pretty ironic myself, since:

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Harry Reid......

Yeah I found that pretty ironic myself, since:

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n442/dogearedpete/2bccdb36a49f4e8fa5b54db00dc4b320.png

Nice got any proof that it's 100% accurate?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Chaos on the range may have left opening for grave robbers

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/bundy-blm/chaos-range-may-have-left-opening-grave-robbers

Who does that shit?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Chaos on the range may have left opening for grave robbers

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/bundy-blm/chaos-range-may-have-left-opening-grave-robbers

Who does that shit?
View Quote
Was wondering how long that was going to take.

The Bundy's have been documenting it every day since it was found, and been trying to get detectives out to investigate it, but unsuprisingly, no one will come.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:40:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Proof that Harry Reid has been an organized crime plant since the 1970's?  Uh, read his book, The Good Fight. He brags about it, starting from his childhood, where he learned to swim in one of the local brothels that was run by the mafia.

He's an unashamed political front man for the mob. They even staged a gig where he wore a wire to catch some low-rate criminal from LA trying to bribe Harry, to make him look even cleaner. It's such a sham, it's actually kinda pathetic how transparent it is when you just read his own book.

Or you can watch Casino, and pay attention to the NV Gaming Commissioner explaining how things are run to Robert DeNiro with nepotism. Reid is big on getting no-show jobs for his kids. But even of you think he was pure as white before all this, look no farther than his BLM Director appointment, rubber-stamped by Obama, and his connection to the Bundy case.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:00:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Proof that Harry Reid has been an organized crime plant since the 1970's?  Uh, read his book, The Good Fight. He brags about it, starting from his childhood, where he learned to swim in one of the local brothels that was run by the mafia.

He's an unashamed political front man for the mob. They even staged a gig where he wore a wire to catch some low-rate criminal from LA trying to bribe Harry, to make him look even cleaner. It's such a sham, it's actually kinda pathetic how transparent it is when you just read his own book.

Or you can watch Casino, and pay attention to the NV Gaming Commissioner explaining how things are run to Robert DeNiro with nepotism. Reid is big on getting no-show jobs for his kids. But even of you think he was pure as white before all this, look no farther than his BLM Director appointment, rubber-stamped by Obama, and his connection to the Bundy case.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Real Clear Politics just posted an article on this subject titled:

Harry Reid's Long, Steady Accretion of Power & Wealth

Link: Harry Reid
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:06:58 PM EDT
[#35]

I arrived at the Cliven Bundy Ranch Friday, April 18, 2014 through
Sunday, April 20, 2014, taking a personal vacation and not on the
taxpayer dime.  I was invited by Oathkeepers and the Bundy family to
come out and visit.  I wanted to see what was really going on in that
neck of the woods.  There are plenty of opinions all around.  I saw
first hand many of the dynamics and actually spoke with Mr. Bundy, a 58
year old rancher, on the situation.  The Bundy's have a modest, almost
rustic residence and buildings, nothing like the Ewing Ranch of TV fame
"Dallas".

You may think this is a Nevada issue, and why
should I concern myself with a rancher in Nevada who is butting heads
with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM)?  This does not impact Elkhart
County, so why go to Nevada and get involved?

You and I
should be concerned about what is occurring in Nevada, Oregon,
California and New Mexico, and other states where Sheriffs and County
Commissioners have interposed themselves between the Federal agencies
such as BLM and Forest Service, and the people of their county.  As the
highest elected law enforcement officer in the nation, the Sheriff has
great authority to protect the people from criminals, and sometimes an
overreaching government itself.  Even though this is currently occurring
in Nevada, something similar will be coming to a location near you.  
You can bet on it.  It may not be the BLM in Indiana, but it will be
another alphabet soup Federal agency trying to flex their muscle.

I
am very sensitive to Federal government overreach since my
confrontation with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the
Department of Justice (DOJ) over numerous and unreasonable inspections
of an Amish milk farmer in Elkhart County back in 2011.  The Feds had
subpoenaed the farmer to appear before a grand jury in Michigan about a
week later, likely to make an example out of him and put him out of
business.  The Amish farmer was committing a horrible crime of
distributing raw milk to members of food co-ops in a private contract.  
No one was getting sick or harmed by the raw milk.  The co-op members
knew exactly what they were getting in raw milk.  The farmer was not
breaking any state law.

I told the DOJ attorney that any
more Federal agents show up to inspect the farmer's property (as the
farmer had withdrawn his consent), without a warrant based on probable
cause and signed by a judge, that I would have them arrested for
trespass or otherwise removed from the premises.  I have to abide by the
4th Amendment; the Federal government needs to also.  That action by
your elected Sheriff (sworn to uphold and defend the Constitution)
unleashed a dissertation and threat of arrest by the DOJ trial attorney,
stating that the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution has always been
known that Federal law (or vexations known at administrative rules
promulgated often by unelected bureaucrats) overrule anything that state
or local government could possibly have laws for or against.  I
reminded the attorney that the Supremacy Clause (which part he
conveniently ignored) "shall be the supreme Law of the Land" only when
"...the Laws of the United States shall be made in Pursuance thereof",
meaning the Constitution. (Article 6, Sec 2)

Why do I get
involved, on my vacation, even though this situation has no immediate
impact on Elkhart County?  Because I love people.  I love my country.  I
love the Republic for which our flag stands.  I left my family over the
Easter weekend, missed a niece's birthday party, missed a church
service celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ, my Lord, because I
love my family and do not want to see them live in a country where our
freedom and liberties are eroded.  Because I love people, I don't want
to see Federal agents or those opposing those agents come to any harm.  
I'm seeing violence ready to break out.  I was observing this in the
media from Indiana and stated on Facebook, "My prediction:  This is not
going to end well.  Another Waco?  Another Ruby Ridge?  I'm still hoping
for a peaceful resolution."  Yet, I observed people saying, "Bundy
should be damned; he's trespassing...  Whatever it takes to get him off
the property...Kill the protesters and the family."  Some people seem to
be really violent and merciless, even without all the facts.  Pride, at
least on the law enforcement side, is stubborn and unyielding in this
case.  How can we maintain peace and avoid bloodshed?  In any law
enforcement action, I always strive to avoid bloodshed in my county.  My
family said I must go.  So, I did.

Events leading up to
my arrival:  On April 9, BLM, encompassing an estimated 200 heavily
armed agents, helicopters, and SUVs, swarmed the area of the disputed
land and, according to the court order, were to impound the trespassing
cattle and sell them at auction, purportedly to offset the unpaid
grazing fees.   Facing a situation they most certainly did not plan on;
that of the family and others who supported the family (and who were
also heavily armed, pursuant to their Second Amendment rights and legal
under the state of Nevada), and protesting the action taken by the BLM,
including the tasering of a Bundy son and Bundy's niece knocked to the
ground, the BLM wisely blinked and stood down, leaving behind a mess, of
which I will describe later.

The BLM claims that Bundy's
cattle are on public land (Federal or State land, depending on your
perspective, and literally out in the middle of nowhere.)  I believe the
cattle are on public land.  There does not seem to be any dispute about
this.  Bundy had previously, until the 1990's, paid BLM to manage the
land.  However, BLM did not use the money to improve the land; Bundy
improved the land.  Ten years ago, the BLM offered to buy out Bundy's
contract.  Bundy refused.  This would certainly seem that Bundy had more
of an interest in the land then BLM claims now.  Nevertheless, Bundy
has lost a couple of recent Federal court battles and was told to get
off the land.  And, then there is the grazing fee, required by the BLM,
to allow continuance of Bundy's cattle to be on the land.  In 1993,
Bundy quit paying the fee and offered the fee instead to Clark County
officials, which refused to accept payment. Bundy is one of two last
remaining ranchers in Clark County.  I find it interesting that the BLM
allowed Bundy to continue using the land until Senator Reid's buddy was
appointed to the BLM a couple of weeks ago.  Suspicious at best.

Nevada
is different than Indiana, as most of the land (83%) in Nevada is
considered Public Land and controlled by the Federal government in some
form or fashion.  According to Article I, Section 8.17, The Federal govt
is not to own land (outside of Washington DC) unless the state's
legislature approves it.  The land belongs to Nevada, a sovereign state
in its own right.  The problem is Nevada's state constitution actually
acquiesces their land, purportedly as a requirement for statehood,
regardless of the concept of the "Equal Footing Principle" of statehood
for states beyond the original states formed.  This concept, juxtaposed
with the Bundy conflict, is at the heart of the issue.  A growing number
of western legislators are meeting, partially as a result of this
conflict, to see what can be done about states reclaiming their land
from the Feds, who neither paid nor asked the states, as required by the
Constitution.

I really don't know if Bundy is correct in
his stand; whether he truly owes money or not.  Some people think he's a
freeloader, using public land for his cattle.  Yet, he is a hard
worker, unlike others on welfare sponging off the taxpayer for no work.
The tradition of ranchers using public land is centuries old.  Bundy
supporters agree that the issue is complex.  However, what all people,
including myself, would agree on, and likely sparked the patriot
response to this event, is that we will not tolerate being governed by a
Federal government at the point of a gun.

When BLM left
the land last week, the discovery of what they left behind was
unconscionable.   The Bundy family found a mass grave (dug by BLM
backhoes and dump trucks seen leaving the area on their exodus)
containing numerous cattle that were killed by a bullet.  Wait a
minute.  I thought the BLM was to impound and auction the cattle?  Where
are the environmentalists, PETA, or the Sheriff, at the uncalled
slaughter of another man's cattle by government agents?  The BLM further
destroyed watering holes and fencing that was constructed by Bundy.  
And, incidentally, it was reported that part of the reason BLM were
rounding up cattle is to protect the so-called endangered Desert
Tortoise; laughable at best, when you consider the BLM just euthanized
hundreds of turtles in the compound where they were caring for them,
instead of releasing them to the wild, after BLM ran out of money.  
Again, where's the PETA outrage?

Incidentally, Saturday,
April 21 was the anniversary of the Waco disaster where David Koresh and
followers (including women and children) were killed by gun fire and a
building fire that was started by the Feds.  Then what happend?  They
buried the evidence quickly to keep people from nosing around.  Seems as
though BLM did not learn a lesson from Waco, and again attempted to
cover their misconduct.

Then, what about those honorable
Oathkeepers, patriots, 3 Percenters, and others who believe this event
is a watershed moment for our nation?  I met and visited with these men
and women, coming from all walks of life, all races, and different
religions.  Some of these patriots quit their job and came to Nevada to
keep their oath; to defend their nation against tyranny.  Some are
expecting to die here.  Nevada U.S. Senator Harry Reid called them
"domestic terrorists".  Reid's comments were inflammatory and
irresponsible, and did nothing to quell the potential for violence.  The
patriots are men and women who have come to the Bundy ranch to protect
the Bundy's from a Federal government that has no logical reason to use
force.  These patriots are not domestic terrorists. I would not stand
with terrorists.  I'm convinced that the patriots will not fire the
first shot.  But, if and when the BLM agents return and start firing,
the bloodshed will begin.  It will be the battle of Bunkerville.

As
for the report of women and children being placed out in front as
shields during the initial confrontation, that action never occurred.  
It was wrongly strategized and verbalized by one person that was not
even on the scene yet.  It was never the intent of Oathkeepers and
patriots to put harmless women and children in harms way.  There were
some women in front, but they were the spunky cowgirls that voluntarily
rode with men to retrieve the Bundy cattle.

I'm trying to
imagine in Elkhart County if I received a court order to remove cattle
from a public land, I would go speak to the owner of the cattle, and
seek how to peacefully resolve this situation.  I might even empathize
with the owner of the cattle, and suggest further legal action on his
part.  But never would I bring my SWAT teams and patrol officers
carrying rifles to a trespass call involving unarmed cattle!  
Ultimately, the Sheriff, the official with a name and recognizable face,
with a phone number to contact him, would resolve the conflict, likely
without any serious incident.

That, my friends, is the
crux of this issue.  The Federal government has no face, no name (except
alphabets), no number to call, and no one to hold accountable if
something goes wrong.  The Sheriff can intervene, not because of ego or
who's gun is bigger, but rather to be the public servant, whom the
people elected, and whom can listen, talk, and negotiate a peaceful
resolution.  The Sheriff has to continue to live in the community he
serves.  The Feds return to places unknown, never having to live the
consequences or see the fears and hear the citizen's life stories.

As
for Mr. Bundy, he told me he was honored that I would come from Indiana
to show support.  I asked him how this situation could end peacefully.
He told me that he does not recognize the Federal government, but that
he would submit to his local Sheriff.  The patriot groups also said that
if the Sheriff got involved, they would stand down.  Wow!  Really!  The
local Sheriff of Clark County refuses to get involved, but could
peacefully resolve this issue.  Mr. Bundy, whether you think he's off
his rocker or not, has said how this could be resolved.  I entreat to
the unapproachable Sheriff Gillespie of Clark County (who incidentally
was given the spurious award of "2013 sheriff of the Year" by the
National Sheriff's Association-an organization of which I refuse to be a
part of) would honor his oath, honor his citizens, and honor his public
service, by getting involved in this situation to prevent the bloodshed
that will occur between the Federal government and citizens.

I guarantee you, I would intervene if this was occurring in Elkhart County!

For the Republic,

Sheriff Brad Rogers, Elkhart County, Indiana

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:12:47 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:27:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I arrived at the Cliven Bundy Ranch Friday, April 18, 2014 through Sunday, April 20, 2014, taking a personal vacation and not on the taxpayer dime.  I was invited by Oathkeepers and the Bundy family to come out and visit.  I wanted to see what was really going on in that neck of the woods.  There are plenty of opinions all around.  I saw first hand many of the dynamics and actually spoke with Mr. Bundy, a 58 year old rancher, on the situation.  The Bundy's have a modest, almost rustic residence and buildings, nothing like the Ewing Ranch of TV fame "Dallas".

You may think this is a Nevada issue, and why should I concern myself with a rancher in Nevada who is butting heads with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM)?  This does not impact Elkhart County, so why go to Nevada and get involved?

You and I should be concerned about what is occurring in Nevada, Oregon, California and New Mexico, and other states where Sheriffs and County Commissioners have interposed themselves between the Federal agencies such as BLM and Forest Service, and the people of their county.  As the highest elected law enforcement officer in the nation, the Sheriff has great authority to protect the people from criminals, and sometimes an overreaching government itself.  Even though this is currently occurring in Nevada, something similar will be coming to a location near you.  You can bet on it.  It may not be the BLM in Indiana, but it will be another alphabet soup Federal agency trying to flex their muscle.

I am very sensitive to Federal government overreach since my confrontation with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Department of Justice (DOJ) over numerous and unreasonable inspections of an Amish milk farmer in Elkhart County back in 2011.  The Feds had subpoenaed the farmer to appear before a grand jury in Michigan about a week later, likely to make an example out of him and put him out of business.  The Amish farmer was committing a horrible crime of distributing raw milk to members of food co-ops in a private contract.  No one was getting sick or harmed by the raw milk.  The co-op members knew exactly what they were getting in raw milk.  The farmer was not breaking any state law.

I told the DOJ attorney that any more Federal agents show up to inspect the farmer's property (as the farmer had withdrawn his consent), without a warrant based on probable cause and signed by a judge, that I would have them arrested for trespass or otherwise removed from the premises.  I have to abide by the 4th Amendment; the Federal government needs to also.  That action by your elected Sheriff (sworn to uphold and defend the Constitution) unleashed a dissertation and threat of arrest by the DOJ trial attorney, stating that the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution has always been known that Federal law (or vexations known at administrative rules promulgated often by unelected bureaucrats) overrule anything that state or local government could possibly have laws for or against.  I reminded the attorney that the Supremacy Clause (which part he conveniently ignored) "shall be the supreme Law of the Land" only when "...the Laws of the United States shall be made in Pursuance thereof", meaning the Constitution. (Article 6, Sec 2)

Why do I get involved, on my vacation, even though this situation has no immediate impact on Elkhart County?  Because I love people.  I love my country.  I love the Republic for which our flag stands.  I left my family over the Easter weekend, missed a niece's birthday party, missed a church service celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ, my Lord, because I love my family and do not want to see them live in a country where our freedom and liberties are eroded.  Because I love people, I don't want to see Federal agents or those opposing those agents come to any harm.  I'm seeing violence ready to break out.  I was observing this in the media from Indiana and stated on Facebook, "My prediction:  This is not going to end well.  Another Waco?  Another Ruby Ridge?  I'm still hoping for a peaceful resolution."  Yet, I observed people saying, "Bundy should be damned; he's trespassing...  Whatever it takes to get him off the property...Kill the protesters and the family."  Some people seem to be really violent and merciless, even without all the facts.  Pride, at least on the law enforcement side, is stubborn and unyielding in this case.  How can we maintain peace and avoid bloodshed?  In any law enforcement action, I always strive to avoid bloodshed in my county.  My family said I must go.  So, I did.

Events leading up to my arrival:  On April 9, BLM, encompassing an estimated 200 heavily armed agents, helicopters, and SUVs, swarmed the area of the disputed land and, according to the court order, were to impound the trespassing cattle and sell them at auction, purportedly to offset the unpaid grazing fees.   Facing a situation they most certainly did not plan on; that of the family and others who supported the family (and who were also heavily armed, pursuant to their Second Amendment rights and legal under the state of Nevada), and protesting the action taken by the BLM, including the tasering of a Bundy son and Bundy's niece knocked to the ground, the BLM wisely blinked and stood down, leaving behind a mess, of which I will describe later.

The BLM claims that Bundy's cattle are on public land (Federal or State land, depending on your perspective, and literally out in the middle of nowhere.)  I believe the cattle are on public land.  There does not seem to be any dispute about this.  Bundy had previously, until the 1990's, paid BLM to manage the land.  However, BLM did not use the money to improve the land; Bundy improved the land.  Ten years ago, the BLM offered to buy out Bundy's contract.  Bundy refused.  This would certainly seem that Bundy had more of an interest in the land then BLM claims now.  Nevertheless, Bundy has lost a couple of recent Federal court battles and was told to get off the land.  And, then there is the grazing fee, required by the BLM, to allow continuance of Bundy's cattle to be on the land.  In 1993, Bundy quit paying the fee and offered the fee instead to Clark County officials, which refused to accept payment. Bundy is one of two last remaining ranchers in Clark County.  I find it interesting that the BLM allowed Bundy to continue using the land until Senator Reid's buddy was appointed to the BLM a couple of weeks ago.  Suspicious at best.

Nevada is different than Indiana, as most of the land (83%) in Nevada is considered Public Land and controlled by the Federal government in some form or fashion.  According to Article I, Section 8.17, The Federal govt is not to own land (outside of Washington DC) unless the state's legislature approves it.  The land belongs to Nevada, a sovereign state in its own right.  The problem is Nevada's state constitution actually acquiesces their land, purportedly as a requirement for statehood, regardless of the concept of the "Equal Footing Principle" of statehood for states beyond the original states formed.  This concept, juxtaposed with the Bundy conflict, is at the heart of the issue.  A growing number of western legislators are meeting, partially as a result of this conflict, to see what can be done about states reclaiming their land from the Feds, who neither paid nor asked the states, as required by the Constitution.

I really don't know if Bundy is correct in his stand; whether he truly owes money or not.  Some people think he's a freeloader, using public land for his cattle.  Yet, he is a hard worker, unlike others on welfare sponging off the taxpayer for no work.  The tradition of ranchers using public land is centuries old.  Bundy supporters agree that the issue is complex.  However, what all people, including myself, would agree on, and likely sparked the patriot response to this event, is that we will not tolerate being governed by a Federal government at the point of a gun.

When BLM left the land last week, the discovery of what they left behind was unconscionable.   The Bundy family found a mass grave (dug by BLM backhoes and dump trucks seen leaving the area on their exodus) containing numerous cattle that were killed by a bullet.  Wait a minute.  I thought the BLM was to impound and auction the cattle?  Where are the environmentalists, PETA, or the Sheriff, at the uncalled slaughter of another man's cattle by government agents?  The BLM further destroyed watering holes and fencing that was constructed by Bundy.  And, incidentally, it was reported that part of the reason BLM were rounding up cattle is to protect the so-called endangered Desert Tortoise; laughable at best, when you consider the BLM just euthanized hundreds of turtles in the compound where they were caring for them, instead of releasing them to the wild, after BLM ran out of money.  Again, where's the PETA outrage?

Incidentally, Saturday, April 21 was the anniversary of the Waco disaster where David Koresh and followers (including women and children) were killed by gun fire and a building fire that was started by the Feds.  Then what happend?  They buried the evidence quickly to keep people from nosing around.  Seems as though BLM did not learn a lesson from Waco, and again attempted to cover their misconduct.

Then, what about those honorable Oathkeepers, patriots, 3 Percenters, and others who believe this event is a watershed moment for our nation?  I met and visited with these men and women, coming from all walks of life, all races, and different religions.  Some of these patriots quit their job and came to Nevada to keep their oath; to defend their nation against tyranny.  Some are expecting to die here.  Nevada U.S. Senator Harry Reid called them "domestic terrorists".  Reid's comments were inflammatory and irresponsible, and did nothing to quell the potential for violence.  The patriots are men and women who have come to the Bundy ranch to protect the Bundy's from a Federal government that has no logical reason to use force.  These patriots are not domestic terrorists. I would not stand with terrorists.  I'm convinced that the patriots will not fire the first shot.  But, if and when the BLM agents return and start firing, the bloodshed will begin.  It will be the battle of Bunkerville.

As for the report of women and children being placed out in front as shields during the initial confrontation, that action never occurred.  It was wrongly strategized and verbalized by one person that was not even on the scene yet.  It was never the intent of Oathkeepers and patriots to put harmless women and children in harms way.  There were some women in front, but they were the spunky cowgirls that voluntarily rode with men to retrieve the Bundy cattle.

I'm trying to imagine in Elkhart County if I received a court order to remove cattle from a public land, I would go speak to the owner of the cattle, and seek how to peacefully resolve this situation.  I might even empathize with the owner of the cattle, and suggest further legal action on his part.  But never would I bring my SWAT teams and patrol officers carrying rifles to a trespass call involving unarmed cattle!  Ultimately, the Sheriff, the official with a name and recognizable face, with a phone number to contact him, would resolve the conflict, likely without any serious incident.

That, my friends, is the crux of this issue.  The Federal government has no face, no name (except alphabets), no number to call, and no one to hold accountable if something goes wrong.  The Sheriff can intervene, not because of ego or who's gun is bigger, but rather to be the public servant, whom the people elected, and whom can listen, talk, and negotiate a peaceful resolution.  The Sheriff has to continue to live in the community he serves.  The Feds return to places unknown, never having to live the consequences or see the fears and hear the citizen's life stories.

As for Mr. Bundy, he told me he was honored that I would come from Indiana to show support.  I asked him how this situation could end peacefully.  He told me that he does not recognize the Federal government, but that he would submit to his local Sheriff.  The patriot groups also said that if the Sheriff got involved, they would stand down.  Wow!  Really!  The local Sheriff of Clark County refuses to get involved, but could peacefully resolve this issue.  Mr. Bundy, whether you think he's off his rocker or not, has said how this could be resolved.  I entreat to the unapproachable Sheriff Gillespie of Clark County (who incidentally was given the spurious award of "2013 sheriff of the Year" by the National Sheriff's Association-an organization of which I refuse to be a part of) would honor his oath, honor his citizens, and honor his public service, by getting involved in this situation to prevent the bloodshed that will occur between the Federal government and citizens.

For the Republic,

View Quote

My Amish buds in his county love the guy. Which is high praise considering the Amish are usually fearfull of Govt. at all levels.
He gives them space and works with them, to avert issues using common sense within the law.

The libs will likely start a smear campaign any time now.

https://www.facebook.com/BradleyDeanRogers

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:31:41 PM EDT
[#38]
"The libs will likely start a smear campaign any time now."

Uh, they already are trying...

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:31:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

My Amish buds in his county love the guy. Which is high praise considering the Amish are usually fearfull of Govt. at all levels.
He gives them space and works with them, to avert issues using common sense within the law.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I arrived at the Cliven Bundy Ranch Friday, April 18, 2014 through Sunday, April 20, 2014, taking a personal vacation and not on the taxpayer dime.  I was invited by Oathkeepers and the Bundy family to come out and visit.  I wanted to see what was really going on in that neck of the woods.  There are plenty of opinions all around.  I saw first hand many of the dynamics and actually spoke with Mr. Bundy, a 58 year old rancher, on the situation.  The Bundy's have a modest, almost rustic residence and buildings, nothing like the Ewing Ranch of TV fame "Dallas".

You may think this is a Nevada issue, and why should I concern myself with a rancher in Nevada who is butting heads with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM)?  This does not impact Elkhart County, so why go to Nevada and get involved?

You and I should be concerned about what is occurring in Nevada, Oregon, California and New Mexico, and other states where Sheriffs and County Commissioners have interposed themselves between the Federal agencies such as BLM and Forest Service, and the people of their county.  As the highest elected law enforcement officer in the nation, the Sheriff has great authority to protect the people from criminals, and sometimes an overreaching government itself.  Even though this is currently occurring in Nevada, something similar will be coming to a location near you.  You can bet on it.  It may not be the BLM in Indiana, but it will be another alphabet soup Federal agency trying to flex their muscle.

I am very sensitive to Federal government overreach since my confrontation with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Department of Justice (DOJ) over numerous and unreasonable inspections of an Amish milk farmer in Elkhart County back in 2011.  The Feds had subpoenaed the farmer to appear before a grand jury in Michigan about a week later, likely to make an example out of him and put him out of business.  The Amish farmer was committing a horrible crime of distributing raw milk to members of food co-ops in a private contract.  No one was getting sick or harmed by the raw milk.  The co-op members knew exactly what they were getting in raw milk.  The farmer was not breaking any state law.

I told the DOJ attorney that any more Federal agents show up to inspect the farmer's property (as the farmer had withdrawn his consent), without a warrant based on probable cause and signed by a judge, that I would have them arrested for trespass or otherwise removed from the premises.  I have to abide by the 4th Amendment; the Federal government needs to also.  That action by your elected Sheriff (sworn to uphold and defend the Constitution) unleashed a dissertation and threat of arrest by the DOJ trial attorney, stating that the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution has always been known that Federal law (or vexations known at administrative rules promulgated often by unelected bureaucrats) overrule anything that state or local government could possibly have laws for or against.  I reminded the attorney that the Supremacy Clause (which part he conveniently ignored) "shall be the supreme Law of the Land" only when "...the Laws of the United States shall be made in Pursuance thereof", meaning the Constitution. (Article 6, Sec 2)

Why do I get involved, on my vacation, even though this situation has no immediate impact on Elkhart County?  Because I love people.  I love my country.  I love the Republic for which our flag stands.  I left my family over the Easter weekend, missed a niece's birthday party, missed a church service celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ, my Lord, because I love my family and do not want to see them live in a country where our freedom and liberties are eroded.  Because I love people, I don't want to see Federal agents or those opposing those agents come to any harm.  I'm seeing violence ready to break out.  I was observing this in the media from Indiana and stated on Facebook, "My prediction:  This is not going to end well.  Another Waco?  Another Ruby Ridge?  I'm still hoping for a peaceful resolution."  Yet, I observed people saying, "Bundy should be damned; he's trespassing...  Whatever it takes to get him off the property...Kill the protesters and the family."  Some people seem to be really violent and merciless, even without all the facts.  Pride, at least on the law enforcement side, is stubborn and unyielding in this case.  How can we maintain peace and avoid bloodshed?  In any law enforcement action, I always strive to avoid bloodshed in my county.  My family said I must go.  So, I did.

Events leading up to my arrival:  On April 9, BLM, encompassing an estimated 200 heavily armed agents, helicopters, and SUVs, swarmed the area of the disputed land and, according to the court order, were to impound the trespassing cattle and sell them at auction, purportedly to offset the unpaid grazing fees.   Facing a situation they most certainly did not plan on; that of the family and others who supported the family (and who were also heavily armed, pursuant to their Second Amendment rights and legal under the state of Nevada), and protesting the action taken by the BLM, including the tasering of a Bundy son and Bundy's niece knocked to the ground, the BLM wisely blinked and stood down, leaving behind a mess, of which I will describe later.

The BLM claims that Bundy's cattle are on public land (Federal or State land, depending on your perspective, and literally out in the middle of nowhere.)  I believe the cattle are on public land.  There does not seem to be any dispute about this.  Bundy had previously, until the 1990's, paid BLM to manage the land.  However, BLM did not use the money to improve the land; Bundy improved the land.  Ten years ago, the BLM offered to buy out Bundy's contract.  Bundy refused.  This would certainly seem that Bundy had more of an interest in the land then BLM claims now.  Nevertheless, Bundy has lost a couple of recent Federal court battles and was told to get off the land.  And, then there is the grazing fee, required by the BLM, to allow continuance of Bundy's cattle to be on the land.  In 1993, Bundy quit paying the fee and offered the fee instead to Clark County officials, which refused to accept payment. Bundy is one of two last remaining ranchers in Clark County.  I find it interesting that the BLM allowed Bundy to continue using the land until Senator Reid's buddy was appointed to the BLM a couple of weeks ago.  Suspicious at best.

Nevada is different than Indiana, as most of the land (83%) in Nevada is considered Public Land and controlled by the Federal government in some form or fashion.  According to Article I, Section 8.17, The Federal govt is not to own land (outside of Washington DC) unless the state's legislature approves it.  The land belongs to Nevada, a sovereign state in its own right.  The problem is Nevada's state constitution actually acquiesces their land, purportedly as a requirement for statehood, regardless of the concept of the "Equal Footing Principle" of statehood for states beyond the original states formed.  This concept, juxtaposed with the Bundy conflict, is at the heart of the issue.  A growing number of western legislators are meeting, partially as a result of this conflict, to see what can be done about states reclaiming their land from the Feds, who neither paid nor asked the states, as required by the Constitution.

I really don't know if Bundy is correct in his stand; whether he truly owes money or not.  Some people think he's a freeloader, using public land for his cattle.  Yet, he is a hard worker, unlike others on welfare sponging off the taxpayer for no work.  The tradition of ranchers using public land is centuries old.  Bundy supporters agree that the issue is complex.  However, what all people, including myself, would agree on, and likely sparked the patriot response to this event, is that we will not tolerate being governed by a Federal government at the point of a gun.

When BLM left the land last week, the discovery of what they left behind was unconscionable.   The Bundy family found a mass grave (dug by BLM backhoes and dump trucks seen leaving the area on their exodus) containing numerous cattle that were killed by a bullet.  Wait a minute.  I thought the BLM was to impound and auction the cattle?  Where are the environmentalists, PETA, or the Sheriff, at the uncalled slaughter of another man's cattle by government agents?  The BLM further destroyed watering holes and fencing that was constructed by Bundy.  And, incidentally, it was reported that part of the reason BLM were rounding up cattle is to protect the so-called endangered Desert Tortoise; laughable at best, when you consider the BLM just euthanized hundreds of turtles in the compound where they were caring for them, instead of releasing them to the wild, after BLM ran out of money.  Again, where's the PETA outrage?

Incidentally, Saturday, April 21 was the anniversary of the Waco disaster where David Koresh and followers (including women and children) were killed by gun fire and a building fire that was started by the Feds.  Then what happend?  They buried the evidence quickly to keep people from nosing around.  Seems as though BLM did not learn a lesson from Waco, and again attempted to cover their misconduct.

Then, what about those honorable Oathkeepers, patriots, 3 Percenters, and others who believe this event is a watershed moment for our nation?  I met and visited with these men and women, coming from all walks of life, all races, and different religions.  Some of these patriots quit their job and came to Nevada to keep their oath; to defend their nation against tyranny.  Some are expecting to die here.  Nevada U.S. Senator Harry Reid called them "domestic terrorists".  Reid's comments were inflammatory and irresponsible, and did nothing to quell the potential for violence.  The patriots are men and women who have come to the Bundy ranch to protect the Bundy's from a Federal government that has no logical reason to use force.  These patriots are not domestic terrorists. I would not stand with terrorists.  I'm convinced that the patriots will not fire the first shot.  But, if and when the BLM agents return and start firing, the bloodshed will begin.  It will be the battle of Bunkerville.

As for the report of women and children being placed out in front as shields during the initial confrontation, that action never occurred.  It was wrongly strategized and verbalized by one person that was not even on the scene yet.  It was never the intent of Oathkeepers and patriots to put harmless women and children in harms way.  There were some women in front, but they were the spunky cowgirls that voluntarily rode with men to retrieve the Bundy cattle.

I'm trying to imagine in Elkhart County if I received a court order to remove cattle from a public land, I would go speak to the owner of the cattle, and seek how to peacefully resolve this situation.  I might even empathize with the owner of the cattle, and suggest further legal action on his part.  But never would I bring my SWAT teams and patrol officers carrying rifles to a trespass call involving unarmed cattle!  Ultimately, the Sheriff, the official with a name and recognizable face, with a phone number to contact him, would resolve the conflict, likely without any serious incident.

That, my friends, is the crux of this issue.  The Federal government has no face, no name (except alphabets), no number to call, and no one to hold accountable if something goes wrong.  The Sheriff can intervene, not because of ego or who's gun is bigger, but rather to be the public servant, whom the people elected, and whom can listen, talk, and negotiate a peaceful resolution.  The Sheriff has to continue to live in the community he serves.  The Feds return to places unknown, never having to live the consequences or see the fears and hear the citizen's life stories.

As for Mr. Bundy, he told me he was honored that I would come from Indiana to show support.  I asked him how this situation could end peacefully.  He told me that he does not recognize the Federal government, but that he would submit to his local Sheriff.  The patriot groups also said that if the Sheriff got involved, they would stand down.  Wow!  Really!  The local Sheriff of Clark County refuses to get involved, but could peacefully resolve this issue.  Mr. Bundy, whether you think he's off his rocker or not, has said how this could be resolved.  I entreat to the unapproachable Sheriff Gillespie of Clark County (who incidentally was given the spurious award of "2013 sheriff of the Year" by the National Sheriff's Association-an organization of which I refuse to be a part of) would honor his oath, honor his citizens, and honor his public service, by getting involved in this situation to prevent the bloodshed that will occur between the Federal government and citizens.

For the Republic,

School me on that part.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's supposedly the weasel gaming commissioner that jams DeNiro up.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:56:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because he fired his son. I wonder if the Son was actually based on a real incident /person.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:06:09 AM EDT
[#42]
bundy ranch bunkerville nv

Google map that, go to satellite
Of note...

Look how green his ranch is by virtue of his water rights...

Look how close the Ranch is to Vegas.

Not
that the Virgin River flows straight into Lake Mead (and then zoom in
to see how low it is... and how far roads have had to be extended to get
to the water).

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:08:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

For the Republic,

View Quote

Excellent description. Thanks a lot for doing what you are doing.  And the other folks over there defending our country from those criminals also.  

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:20:46 AM EDT
[#44]

Remember that whole thing I said about people thinking "Fuck it, close enough?"
Yep that is me in this situation, not perfect but close enough. Make them fight hard for every inch. They are not done, Bundy is just one battle in this fight
View Quote

the fact and the "law" no longer matter. The revolution has started. John Adams realized as he rode to Philadelphia way back at the beginnings of this country that revolution had started in the hearts and minds of the people long before they ever took up arms.

I pretty sure that we are there.  The people are simply done. I posted a vid a bit ago and that gent put a fine point on it than I He stated that the federal government has lost the moral grounds to govern.  I think this whole thing shows that, As I've said in the past the fed gov now lives for itself. It has it own plans and desires and the money and power to make them happen. and by force if needed.

This whole thing is a rancher in the way of its plans. Its plans have noting to do with "promoting the general welfare."

So there will be a revolt, because the people have already in their hearts and minds. Unless the fed gov goes back to its roots and sits in its chair....PICK UP THAT CAN. government.

Anyone think it will?

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:43:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please show me what law he broke.

What exactly are grazing fee's used for?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:56:59 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

That was chilling

Either the higher ups are totally FUCKING STUPID or there is an argument that those 20 BLM officers might very well have been sacrificial lambs.

I mean, you don't send 20 young men out there to confront that many armed people without protection for god's sake!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:03:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:19:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of the many laws which grant authority to the BLM (pdf), but if I recall correctly, specifically the Taylor Grazing Act of 1934.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:24:47 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

"The libs will likely start a smear campaign any time now."

Uh, they already are trying...
View Quote

Yep.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/gop-scrambles-condemn-ranchers-remarks-race-n88556

Maybe not the most delicate way to put it, but still spot on IMO.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:38:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 184
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top