User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

On the fact they let 30k people in their territory and disarm/arrest their military.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The USA never lost a battle in Vietnam either.  Do we doubt what is going to happen to AFG once we are withdrawn?  Fighting Muslims who want their virgins changes conventional wisdom on military conflict.

How many invasions have been repelled by a newly formed government founded in a country with no strong Nationalistic identity.  Oh, and its full of plains and no real defensible terrain.

I don't see a whole lot of fight in the Ukraine military.

Reading is fundamental, re-read my original post.

You base "I don't see a whole lot of fight in the Ukraine military" on what?

On the fact they let 30k people in their territory and disarm/arrest their military.

In an area that was mostly ethnic Russian while waiting for US and EU help.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
This behaviour is to be expected from Obama, he does not want to offend Vlad.  Send something meaningful, not troops, but equipment and supplies.  Help them to at least go down swinging.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Originally Posted By

Ukraine has sought small arms and ammunition, but that has been refused. The Pentagon is sending food.

"The rations, the Meals Ready to Eat, they are on the way," Rear Adm. John Kirby, a Pentagon spokesman, said. "We expect them to arrive in Ukraine probably by the weekend is the best estimate."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/03/28/ukraine-east-russia-invasion/7015857/

This behaviour is to be expected from Obama, he does not want to offend Vlad.  Send something meaningful, not troops, but equipment and supplies.  Help them to at least go down swinging.

We have guys in Afghanistan. I think the sorry is if we send them weapons, the Russians will start arming the afghans.

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#3]
New moon this weekend.  Troops can not stay on the ready for an extended period of time.

Will Ru fo this weekend?
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Ukraine seems committed to letting Russia do whatever it wants. They haven't resisted one bit.
View Quote
That's another thing that irritates me. Everyone wants to run in and save the day, but Ukraine themselves have done jack squat against this.

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:25:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The USA never lost a battle in Vietnam either.  Do we doubt what is going to happen to AFG once we are withdrawn?  Fighting Muslims who want their virgins changes conventional wisdom on military conflict.

How many invasions have been repelled by a newly formed government founded in a country with no strong Nationalistic identity.  Oh, and its full of plains and no real defensible terrain.

Georgia had 1/10th the population and fought their incursions.

When was the last time a country of 50 plus million gave up 5% of their population without a fight?
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:26:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

When was the last time a country of 50 plus million gave up 5% of their population without a fight?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When that 5% was 99% ethnic Russian.  CZ and Lithuania come to mind.  Not Russian but German.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:36:50 PM EDT
[#7]

In an area that was mostly ethnic Russian while w
When that 5% was 99% ethnic Russian.  CZ and Lithuania come to mind.  Not Russian but German.
View Quote

So you are saying two things....

1.  Russia was justified because of the native population

2.  Ukraine has hasn't shown a will to fight...

Thanks for the clarification
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:42:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Set alert level to BLACKWATCH PLAID

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

In an area that was mostly ethnic Russian while w

Wat?  Where did I ever say Russia was justified?

Link Posted: 3/29/2014 7:16:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why do people keep calling it "The Ukraine"? It's not "The Germany" or "The France".
View Quote
Goes back to when people understood what "Ukraine" meant as 'borderland'. The correct phrase would be 'the borderland' and it stuck.

To directly answer the question, I did see on the Russian news today that they had pulled up tank units within 2km of the border.

But most were parked around as if they were in a motor pool vs. true defensive positions.

Link Posted: 3/29/2014 7:24:44 AM EDT
[#11]
A week ago Ukraine admitted to only having 6000 men in fighting shape.
And the defections of Ukrainian soldiers in the Crimea also is a good suggestion of that their Armed Forces suffers the same cultural divide that the rest of the country does.
There isn't much fight in Ukraine.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top