User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 23
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Didn't Olympic burn down???

Was that before or after the 7.62x39 pistol?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go look at what happened to Olympic Arms.

Lawful gun owners are pretty much the least threatening or dangerous group of people in the country. Don't ever let a liberal convince you otherwise. Nothing is going to happen except for lost business and gnashing of teeth, as the good guys don't do that sort of thing.

The owner, in his 60's, did complain about receiving several strongly worded letters. Everyone should read this:

http://www.thegunzone.com/762x39.html
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The owner, in his 60's, did complain about receiving several strongly worded letters. Everyone should read this:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lawful gun owners are pretty much the least threatening or dangerous group of people in the country. Don't ever let a liberal convince you otherwise. Nothing is going to happen except for lost business and gnashing of teeth, as the good guys don't do that sort of thing.

It appears that Olympic Arms burnt down in 2000.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I just found the following posted on AKFiles and I have not seen it posted in this thread.

Take a read and enjoy.

http://www.lawandfreedom.com/site/firearms/GOA_Comments_ATF.pdf

VO
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just found the following posted on AKFiles and I have not seen it posted in this thread.

Take a read and enjoy.

VO
View Quote

i read it but wonder what came of it?
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 8:28:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take a read and enjoy.

VO

I'd like to see some legal ramifications on the bad guys for once
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 8:34:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the Oly Arms fire and the OA-93 in 7.62x39 were not related in any way.  The pistol issue happened around 93 I believe. Pistols based on semi-auto rifles were somewhat unobtanium from 94-04 during the Federal AWB due to them having to weigh less than 50oz to be legal, and honestly really didn't have much popularity until 06 or 07 I'd say. I think pistols like these were not generally in the consciousness of most people until a few years after than sunset of the ban.

I seem to recall there was speculation from the Hivemind here that the fire may have been due to an ATF audit going horribly wrong and Oly getting caught with their pants down on some documentation issues. The fire may have conveniently made all these issues moot.

Link Posted: 3/31/2014 12:27:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 12:30:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Glad to see the peanut gallery on this site maintain its reputation for drama.

Don't blame the unconstitutional organization making an unconstitutional change to an unconstitutional law that deprives us of our rights.

No, that would take balls. Instead it's easier to throw around insults about an infamous gun personality that isn't even relevant to the issue. Oh, and blame folks who, completely within their rights, make arms.

Get your heads screwed on straight. There is one source of oppression here, and it isn't Yeager or some AK wrench-monkey. Breaking the chains placed on our rights should be the focus of our energy.

Or just continue acting like pre-teen girls and cocksuckers. That works too.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 12:58:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Why the second account?

I hope it's not to "erase" all your conduct code warnings over the years here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
his name was Leonard Embody

Why the second account?

Embody again?
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 12:59:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Why the second account?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why the second account?

OH SNAP!
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 1:02:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Don't blame the unconstitutional organization making an unconstitutional change to an unconstitutional law that deprives us of our rights.

No, that would take balls. Instead it's easier to throw around insults about an infamous gun personality that isn't even relevant to the issue. Oh, and blame folks who, completely within their rights, make arms.

Get your heads screwed on straight. There is one source of oppression here, and it isn't Yeager or some AK wrench-monkey. Breaking the chains placed on our rights should be the focus of our energy.

View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 1:08:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Plenty of people are upset at the ATF. The problem is, these manufacturers ignored the precedent set with steel core 7.62x39. We already knew the ATF could arbitrarily ban ammo, so why give them more reason to do so, especially since we haven't been able to reverse the previous ruling?
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 1:20:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Plenty of people are upset at the ATF. The problem is, these manufacturers ignored the precedent set with steel core 7.62x39. We already knew the ATF could arbitrarily ban ammo, so why give them more reason to do so, especially since we haven't been able to reverse the previous ruling?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your mindset is reactive and gives them the initiative.

Every new absurd action taken against us is more fuel for the fire, more evidence for our case, and more justification for our cause.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 4:38:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can we still hate on Embody or are you his white knight too?
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 5:20:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Every new absurd action taken against us is more fuel for the fire, more evidence for our case, and more justification for our cause.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't realize I needed actions taken against us to justify the exercise of my rights and love of freedom, or do you have some other cause you are referring to?

The bottom line is that we knew what BATFE would do if someone made a commercially available pistol in 5.45x39. We saw it happen to 7.62x39 and we fucking knew it would happen again.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 6:34:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I didn't realize I needed actions taken against us to justify the exercise of my rights and love of freedom, or do you have some other cause you are referring to?

The bottom line is that we knew what BATFE would do if someone made a commercially available pistol in 5.45x39. We saw it happen to 7.62x39 and we fucking knew it would happen again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 6:39:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Seems like a good time to challenge the Constitutionality of the AP ammo ban...
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 6:41:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some of us knew. Judging by the surprise expressed on the innernet, the percentage of people who accurately predicted what would happen is fairly small.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 6:47:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Some of us knew. Judging by the surprise expressed on the innernet, the percentage of people who accurately predicted what would happen is fairly small.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some people simply weren't paying attention.

When you read through almost any thread about 5.45x39, the first rule was very simple - buy a lifetime supply or don't get into it at all.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 6:57:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

When you read through almost any thread about 5.45x39, the first rule was very simple - buy a lifetime supply or don't get into it at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The corallary to that was to buy the AMMo before the gun.
At the time, at $.17c a round lifetime supply of 25-40 tins = ~$5k-$8k, gun and mags = $1k-$2k  Alot of Guys have that kind of money tied up in a handful of AR15s easily (not that it's a bad thing, but this being an ARcentric board, fewer people would make this kind of commitment.

By the way, what is the consensus y'all think on how many round a typical Ak74 barrel will last?
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 9:33:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 9:35:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

By the way, what is the consensus y'all think on how many round a typical Ak74 barrel will last?
View Quote

I don't know about AK74 barrels, but I conservatively estimate the life of my 5.45 AR barrels at 6 - 8k rounds.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 9:53:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm thinking a lawsuit will be filed shortly.....But just my opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/31/2014 10:05:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 10:06:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt it will work, but if it does it gives us a precedent to overturn the ban on 7.62x39mm steel core imports as well.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 10:08:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 10:16:39 AM EDT
[#28]
I n a weird way Im glad I didn't invest in what will probably be eastern bloc wall hangers.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Seems like a lot of you guys owe James Yeager a massive apology for what you said about him.
View Quote

You're right. It's my fault for not believing a guy with such credibility as Buck Yeager.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about focusing your energy on the actual cause of this problem?
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I n a weird way Im glad I didn't invest in what will probably be eastern bloc wall hangers.
View Quote

Not sure how this surplus ammo import ban equates to rifles becoming wall hangers? Last time I looked non corrosive 5.45 is about .25 a round??
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Why the second account?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why the second account?

Link Posted: 3/31/2014 1:47:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Not sure how this surplus ammo import ban equates to rifles becoming wall hangers? Last time I looked non corrosive 5.45 is about .25 a round??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I was thinking.

Amunition store

Widners

SG

25CPR sucks but it still beats damn near every other round out there price wise. Glad i have a nice supply of 7n6.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 2:26:54 PM EDT
[#34]
I have 2 sealed crates of 2160 right now, plus a mostly full 1080.

At first I was pretty upset, but then I realized that I will just be forced to use commercial ammo.  It's a lot more expensive, but also takes a lot less cleaning (I only clean my AK's once every couple of years).  With the 7n6 I would clean my AK every time I took it to the range to prevent corrosion.

Justifying the time saved by not having to clean as often would honestly make the price difference negligible in my case.

It still fucking sucks the ATF can make such bullshit arbitrary decisions.

I hope everyone contacts their congress men/women about this.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 2:49:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Amunition store

Widners

SG

25CPR sucks but it still beats damn near every other round out there price wise. Glad i have a nice supply of 7n6.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amunition store

Widners

SG

Try this web crawler....Slickguns  Shows that Lucky gunner is still selling spam cans for $250 a can...oh well.  I stacked a bunch of it as well. I was actually shifting over to buying the non-corrosive stuff so I could shoot and be lazy on occasion. Shooting corrosive and not same day cleaning here in FL is a guaranteed rust welded rifle.

Lots of bitching going in in the thread. Like banning 5.45 surplus is the end of the world. It's not and this ban is just another example of what has been happening in this nation for the better part of a century. If it hasn't dawned on you, yes the federal government is continually eroding your constitutional rights, slowly and "progressively". The ATF is just a surrogate, same as the EPA or any other federal agency that enacts de facto law through regulation.  The days of turning back the tide through trying to enact common sense erasure of these "laws" are over. It's going to take dynamic change to reverse this crap and I don't see that in the cards. 54R is next I'm sure.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 2:58:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I have 2 sealed crates of 2160 right now, plus a mostly full 1080.

At first I was pretty upset, but then I realized that I will just be forced to use commercial ammo.  It's a lot more expensive, but also takes a lot less cleaning (I only clean my AK's once every couple of years).  With the 7n6 I would clean my AK every time I took it to the range to prevent corrosion.

Justifying the time saved by not having to clean as often would honestly make the price difference negligible in my case.

It still fucking sucks the ATF can make such bullshit arbitrary decisions.

I hope everyone contacts their congress men/women about this.
View Quote

I got into the 5.45 game late, so I pretty much accepted that I would be paying 7.62x39 prices when the supply dried up anyway, but I was hoping to buy a few more crates before then. Oh well.

If Wolf, Barnaul, and others can pick up the slack things will be bearable. Unless Obama decides to completely shut off ammo imports from Russia, then it'll just be the overpriced, underpowered domestic junk.

I have seen the future of the gun market and it is a massive pile of unshot generic ARs with $700 per case ammo.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 3:04:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of drum beating, not a lot of action............
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm thinking that you should contact striker and get a thread up here if you want the community's help.

I'd be happy to throw some support your way if needed.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 3:05:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 3:07:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shhhhhh!

I'm looking for deals on rifles that folks cannot get ammo for....  
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You point me at whoever is going to file a lawsuit on this, and I've got $500 to give to them.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 4:07:13 PM EDT
[#42]
And it begins!!!!!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=405810363

and he wont even kick in for shipping
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 4:11:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
And it begins!!!!!

View Quote

That's leonard for you
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That's leonard for you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And it begins!!!!!

That's leonard for you

Open up new account, "buy it now" so it charges his credit card 200 in gunbroker fees.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
And it begins!!!!!

View Quote

Someone please tell me no one is going to pay that much for it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#46]
He is such a douche. There are so many just like him that have moved here.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Open up new account, "buy it now" so it charges his credit card 200 in gunbroker fees.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And it begins!!!!!

That's leonard for you

Tell me how to do it to where it's untraceable, and I'm game.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That's leonard for you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And it begins!!!!!

That's leonard for you

Hahaha what a fucktard. I hope he falls ass down on a rusty pitchfork
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That's leonard for you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And it begins!!!!!

That's leonard for you

Holy shit that is him. I googled that kwikrnu and his name came up.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And it begins!!!!!

That's leonard for you

oh its him. He is on a one man crusade to screw everything up. Just like the park he picked is full of soccer moms and people that scare easily. Both towns have been invaded by stupid in the last few years and dumbasses like him have made it hard to do things anymore that wasnt a problem before.
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top