BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't do socially unacceptable things until you are mature enough to deal with the backlash. It that whole child psychology thing.    
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Don't do socially unacceptable things. Just follow the crowd. Good lesson.

Until the kid grows up and it's socially unacceptable to own guns, let alone ccw.
Don't do socially unacceptable things until you are mature enough to deal with the backlash. It that whole child psychology thing.    

Exactly. If it's socially unacceptable for kids in a school to read books(according to the bullies), then don't read books. Stupid geeks should know better than to read their books and get beat up for it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Would a 12 yr old work?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Find me a case where the membership of this board  supported the actions of a man or woman who raped a child. Child-child, like a 9 year old that this thread is about., not some 17 year old that got his cock sucked by some batshit nuts teacher.

Would a 12 yr old work?

I was going to say that "Child-child" is an opinion.  Legally, until the person is age of majority/consent, there is no distinction as far as I'm concerned.  Yes, there is varying grades of abuse of a minor/pedo, but the point remains that it is still doing something with a child.  That said, I'm not judging anything, just qualifying my opinion.  

It was kind of satisfying to see that one guy get himself banned last week after talking about how beautiful some kid was.  (FYI was not a brony that got banned)
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I see this as conform to the rules of society....      The same kid would get bullied if he had a LaRue Tactical pack in Berkeley schools.     You can be different, but you have to have either thick skin, or just be the baddest Mofo in the school..  

Or he can join the rest of the herd..

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 4:21:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If you want to walk into the trap of stereotyping the entire 300,000+ members of the board you voluntarily participate in, you go right ahead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Find me a case where the membership of this board  supported the actions of a man or woman who raped a child. Child-child, like a 9 year old that this thread is about., not some 17 year old that got his cock sucked by some batshit nuts teacher.

Would a 12 yr old work?

If you want to walk into the trap of stereotyping the entire 300,000+ members of the board you voluntarily participate in, you go right ahead.
'Find me a case where the membership". Now we know that 300,000 plus will never agree on anything. There were plenty in that thread that were fine with some old woman offering a 12 year old a blowjob. Now you either posed a question with "the membership' knowing the outcome of that question or your question was part of the membership and not all. Also, all of the membership has never posted in one thread an opinion on anything. Shall we keep picking nits?

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Exactly. If it's socially unacceptable for kids in a school to read books(according to the bullies), then don't read books. Stupid geeks should know better than to read their books and get beat up for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Until the kid grows up and it's socially unacceptable to own guns, let alone ccw.

Except reading books IS socially acceptable. Bullies are not society, Society is society.

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Except reading books IS socially acceptable. Bullies are not society, Society is society.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Society is the people around you. To kids, the other kids are the most important part of society. I guess, it would take the adults saying books are gay to justify that viewpoint though.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
'Find me a case where the membership". Now we know that 300,000 plus will never agree on anything. There were plenty in that thread that were fine with some old woman offering a 12 year old a blowjob. Now you either posed a question with "the membership' knowing the outcome of that question or your question was part of the membership and not all. Also, all of the membership has never posted in one thread an opinion on anything. Shall we keep picking nits?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would a 12 yr old work?

I think my phrasing and emphasis of the word "stereotype" was quite obvious. The leftist (stereotyping is cool, isn't it?)  had an opportunity to back off from accusing the membership of supporting pedophiles, and he doubled down on stupid. If one stereotypes any group on the board, there's much wailing and gnashing of teeth, but make blanket generalizations fof the entire board and that's somehow cool.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#8]
This entire thread is really strange.

I keep thinking its because I've had a few scotches but, I don't think so.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well you guys sure are crying about it. Some of you going as far as advocating a beating. I'm sure those with their own special snowflakes that post here would never think the things their kids do are feminine. All the haters with kids, 1 and 10 of your children will wind up gay. Take those stats and suck it!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That was nice of the school to allow him back his right to free choice and speech.

To all the haters, what if what I think what you do is gay? Like the color of your gun? The way you comb your hair? The clothes you wear?

All things that happened to me in school and happen now. I'd deal with it without crying to the press and acting like a super special snowflake.

Well you guys sure are crying about it. Some of you going as far as advocating a beating. I'm sure those with their own special snowflakes that post here would never think the things their kids do are feminine. All the haters with kids, 1 and 10 of your children will wind up gay. Take those stats and suck it!

File that one under- "lies you've told so many times you probably believe it."

Oh, and I asked my 9 year old what he thought about a boy wearing a pony back pack, he said he couldn't believe that a kid would be that stupid or that the parents would let him.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 4:54:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

He should be allowed to have it.

The other students should be allowed to laugh and point.
View Quote
This.

His life will be Hell, and I support that.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I think my phrasing and emphasis of the word "stereotype" was quite obvious. The leftist (stereotyping is cool, isn't it?)  had an opportunity to back off from accusing the membership of supporting pedophiles, and he doubled down on stupid. If one stereotypes any group on the board, there's much wailing and gnashing of teeth, but make blanket generalizations fof the entire board and that's somehow cool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would a 12 yr old work?

Trust me I'm not defending him but if someone brings up a valid point I will defend it even if I don't like the poster. I don't see a majority opinion here on anything except firearms rights. I'm not saying what he said was cool. What I'm saying is he has a point. Think of some newcomers checking out arfcom and happening on that thread. What would their opinion be of the posters here? People confuse the majority of posters in a particular threads opinion on a subject for the majority of arfcoms. The point still stands that when you see a majority opinion, it is the same as when you see a majority in a poll.

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 5:37:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 6:11:41 PM EDT
[#13]
This may be the dumbest thing I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 6:18:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Little faggot will probably off him/her self in a fit of 14 year old angst....

and zero fucks will be given amongst the normal folk.
View Quote

I'd rather you do it to yourself and the other fucks in here bitching about it. It's a kid, not a teen or adult.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 6:28:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Bronies.

View Quote

Should have been the first post.

What the fuck is wrong with the parents?
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 6:29:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

And this.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I remember bullies they finally left me alone when I started stealing there homework and other philological warfare techniques
View Quote

What in the fuck is this shit?
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 6:34:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Who gets to define "normal", though? And why should we let someone do that? Normal is overrated when it's conformist, cookie-cutter, and everyone is encouraged to be exactly like everyone else. Just fall in line and be silent while we tell you what to wear, how to vote, how much you WILL pay for insurance, how fast you WILL hand over your guns, how fast you will behave and not show ANY individuality since we (the we who decides what is normal) make up your mind for you. No thanks. I don't want a world where I'm encouraged to be like anyone else.

http://i61.tinypic.com/96vkli.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good. But the parents should tell him its a bad idea and encourage him to be more normal.

Who gets to define "normal", though? And why should we let someone do that? Normal is overrated when it's conformist, cookie-cutter, and everyone is encouraged to be exactly like everyone else. Just fall in line and be silent while we tell you what to wear, how to vote, how much you WILL pay for insurance, how fast you WILL hand over your guns, how fast you will behave and not show ANY individuality since we (the we who decides what is normal) make up your mind for you. No thanks. I don't want a world where I'm encouraged to be like anyone else.

http://i61.tinypic.com/96vkli.gif

No fucking way I'm this drunk.  Am I really reading this shit?

It's Time for me to log off for the night and pretend that these people aren't actually members here.  Someone put the wrong kind of mushroom in my dinner.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Stupid move by the school.  Kid gets bullied because of a backpack, there is a pattern of harassment due to said backpack, the school decided initially not to let the kid wear the backpack that was causing the harassment, and now the school backpedaled.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 8:36:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 5:18:14 AM EDT
[#22]
20 years ago demrats sent their boys to public schools with barbie backpacks. Now boys can "feel" like girls without question. It's the LAW.

Yes, this boy is a victim. A victim of his liberal parents using him as a pawn of dem party leftwing progressive political change. Child parental guidance neglect. He will forever be branded by his peers as the dork and outcast because of his parents neglect and agenda to promote him as a victim of American values and culture on the internet. Instead of his parents teaching him common sense, friendship development, coping and assertiveness skills. When he turns 18 he can wear a pink tutu down mainstreet. Normal people will still tease point and laugh at at his dysfunctional choice, conduct and behavior.  

Dress must be conducive to a safe and orderly educational environment.
http://www.buncombe.k12.nc.us/cms/lib5/NC01000308/Centricity/Domain/7/Policies/Students%20400/468.pdf
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/22/2014 5:23:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Tis a pity.
Now he'll have to learn about life in the real world via a different painful lesson.
View Quote

No...he will just grow up and sue someone to get the result he wants...
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 6:09:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It's diversity.  Diversity is GREAT (unless you happen to disagree with diversity crowd).

You MUST embrace it.

Embrace it or die...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stupid move by the school.  Kid gets bullied because of a backpack, there is a pattern of harassment due to said backpack, the school decided initially not to let the kid wear the backpack that was causing the harassment, and now the school backpedaled.

It's diversity.  Diversity is GREAT (unless you happen to disagree with diversity crowd).

You MUST embrace it.

Embrace it or die...

I have nothing wrong with diversity, but it's diversity for all the wrong reasons.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 6:18:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Bronies on this board disturb me more than some kid with a rainbow dash back pack.

Basically grown men enjoying My Little Pony is baffling.
View Quote

This.

That bully was doing him a favor.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 6:21:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You MUST embrace it.

Embrace it or die...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You MUST embrace it.

Embrace it or die...

Fuck diversity.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 6:29:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You'd be pretty wrong.

Outraged parents say their son's elementary school told their 9-year-old to leave his "My Little Pony" backpack at home after the boy complained that he was bullied for bringing it to school.

Noreen and her husband, Josh, both of whom work at a local restaurant, were shocked by the response.

When Grayson's parents reported that the school principal banned Grayson’s backpack, friends of the Bruce family set up a Facebook page in support of Grayson. By Wednesday afternoon, the page had attracted more than 55,000 supporters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm ok with it, but still think the parents are stupid to allow it.

Pretty sure it's a single parent household judging by the other articles that never mention his dad.

You'd be pretty wrong.

Outraged parents say their son's elementary school told their 9-year-old to leave his "My Little Pony" backpack at home after the boy complained that he was bullied for bringing it to school.

Noreen and her husband, Josh, both of whom work at a local restaurant, were shocked by the response.

When Grayson's parents reported that the school principal banned Grayson’s backpack, friends of the Bruce family set up a Facebook page in support of Grayson. By Wednesday afternoon, the page had attracted more than 55,000 supporters.

So he has...two mom's?
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 6:31:52 AM EDT
[#28]
So basically no one in this child's life is going to help teach him how to be a boy and understand society.
What next do we make laws that you can't hurt people's feelings? Because kids like him can't stay in school forever.

The OP is a homosexual and it is worth noting that homosexuals have a vested interest in seeing society's controls for ordering itself destroyed and that is why he is happy to see a boy be completely failed by everyone who should be helping him.

Link Posted: 3/22/2014 6:36:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

School is for learning, nobody should have to worry about getting beat up in school. While I realize that is not possible, kids are kids, the adults need to render proper punishment for the offender. They don't want to expel or suspend students for this, because it affects how much money they receive. This would never be a problem in a private school. The administrators would send the offenders on their way that minute. they don't fuck around. I'll live in a cardboard box before I send my kids to a public school.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
kid was better off when the school said to get rid of the stupid little girl's back pack

How about schools stop pretending they give a crap about ending bullying. then try to quietly blame the students who are bullied, until it makes national headlines. Then they all back step and apologize. Its a perfect example of "I don't know how to, or want to deal with the problem, so we wont go after the root cause, but the victim" Sound like our own government, you know, the ones who blame gun owners instead of criminals?

ETA, I not trying create negative responses. But the people calling a 9 year olds a little faggot are OK?
Walk through a bad area of a large city at night to get a Slurpee. Now when you are beaten, stabbed or shot for being different are you the victim, or a dumb ass. Like it or not kids are cruel. The school cannot stop all bullying. What are you going to do as a parent?  

School is for learning, nobody should have to worry about getting beat up in school. While I realize that is not possible, kids are kids, the adults need to render proper punishment for the offender. They don't want to expel or suspend students for this, because it affects how much money they receive. This would never be a problem in a private school. The administrators would send the offenders on their way that minute. they don't fuck around. I'll live in a cardboard box before I send my kids to a public school.

lmao...schools stopped teaching long ago....Now they are mainly indoctrination centers for the far left idiots that infest this country.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 9:43:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Kids parent doomed his ass from day one. Grayson. now thats a sissy uppie name if I ever heard one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bronies.

Kids parent doomed his ass from day one. Grayson. now thats a sissy uppie name if I ever heard one.

I have no dog in this game, but:

Colonel Grayson M.-P. Murphy-  He had previously attended Haverford College and was a volunteer in the Spanish-American War. He also attended the United States Military Academy and was a lieutenant in the Philippine-American War. At various other times he was a Senior Vice-President of Guaranty Trust Company, Chief Commissioner of the American Red Cross in Europe, and Lieutenant-Colonel in charge of operations, 42nd Division. He was also Founder and Head of G.M.-P. Murphy & Co., Treasurer of the American Liberty League and a recipient of the Army Distinguished Service Medal, as authorized by Congress on July 9, 1918.

Captain Grayson M-P. Murphy ( different guy )- Enlisting in the Army, he served as a captain and saw action in the Battle of the Bulge and other engagements.
In 1975, he was elevated to senior partner of Shearman & Sterling, a position he held until his retirement in 1977.

Harvard College and Law School

He was on the board of a number of his clients, including the Georgia-Pacific Corporation, the Celanese Corporation, the United States and Foreign Securities Corporation, New York City Omnibus and ASA Ltd.

Don't sound like sissys  to me.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 9:48:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That was nice of the school to allow him back his right to free choice and speech.

To all the haters, what if what I think what you do is gay? Like the color of your gun? The way you comb your hair? The clothes you wear?
View Quote

There you go with that fag talk again.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You MUST embrace it.

Embrace it or die...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You MUST embrace it.

Embrace it or die...

I don't get the "brony" thing and think it's ridiculous.  Then again, I think a lot of things people do are ridiculous.  

That said, where is the line drawn?  One of the purposes of the U.S. Constitution is to protect the against the tyranny of the majority (I bring in the Constitution because it is after all the state making decisions here ie. the school).  An unpopular view or behavior, as long as it doesn't harm anyone else, should be protected.  Back to my question:  Where is the line drawn?

This is a question that goes back to the founding of our country.  Today, most people would think a segregated military is ridiculous.  But that wasn't always so.  

Link Posted: 3/22/2014 10:06:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

Freedom for all.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That said, where is the line drawn?  One of the purposes of the U.S. Constitution is to protect the against the tyranny of the majority (I bring in the Constitution because it is after all the state making decisions here ie. the school).  An unpopular view or behavior, as long as it doesn't harm anyone else, should be protected.  Back to my question:  Where is the line drawn?

View Quote

Precisely.

I have no issue with this kid liking My Little Pony or him wearing a backpack depicting it, but if he gets bullied, and the school says "maybe you shouldn't do something voluntarily that's causing you to get bullied" and the kid fights for his backpack that's causing all the trouble, I see somewhere where a line must be drawn.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So he has...two mom's?
View Quote

What?

Yeah, must have two moms because his dad didn't stop him from bringing a bookbag to school..

Come on man...
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 12:12:40 PM EDT
[#37]

Good.

Now will students be allowed to display the American Flag on Cinco De Mayo?

Link Posted: 3/22/2014 12:15:36 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Precisely.

I have no issue with this kid liking My Little Pony or him wearing a backpack depicting it, but if he gets bullied, and the school says "maybe you shouldn't do something voluntarily that's causing you to get bullied" and the kid fights for his backpack that's causing all the trouble, I see somewhere where a line must be drawn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Precisely.

Uhm, it wasn't his backpack that was causing all the trouble.

Unlessen of course you think inanimate objects are the cause of violence. If so, that would an odd thing to believe on a firearms discussion forum.

Link Posted: 3/22/2014 12:37:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Unlessen of course you think inanimate objects are the cause of violence. If so, that would an odd thing to believe on a firearms discussion forum.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Precisely.

It was the bullies of course, causing the trouble, but the backpack was akin to having one of those 'Kick me" signs placed on your back.

Of course an inanimate object won't CAUSE violence.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 12:40:26 PM EDT
[#40]
What's his screen name ?
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 12:42:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

It was the bullies of course, causing the trouble, but the backpack was akin to having one of those 'Kick me" signs placed on your back.

Of course an inanimate object won't CAUSE violence.

View Quote
Or it's like wearing an American flag on Cinco de Mayo.

Or it's like wearing an NRA shirt with a picture of a gun.

It's all nonsense, so don't blame the backpack OR the kid wearing it.

Link Posted: 3/22/2014 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#42]
I remember my GI Joe backpack, had rifles,and tanks on it , tearing ass and blowing shit up.

I wonder how well that would go over today?
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 12:53:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I may be a wow nerdgin and a "lore geek"(if you are a 90s kid, you MUST be a fan of Blizzard, otherwise you are no 90s kid)...but damn

even I think that's pretty darn g.a.y.

I don't think at the age of 11 (or ANY age) I was wearing Warcraft-themed tshirts. You would never catch me read a WoW-based book(unless at home )
...so, the "outside" world doesn't even know who I am...well, I do have a small WOW alliance lion decal on my back car window...
View Quote

Alliance is far gayer than MLP.

Look, wearing an MLP backpack to school is inviting bullying, the same way leaving a wallet on the seat of an unlocked car is theft.

However, it still takes somebody willfully being a piece of shit to act on it. So... how about the school just drop the hammer on bullies? You know, like they agreed to do after the backpedaling?
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

He's going to have it tough when he gets to high school.
View Quote
By then he should be used to it.

Link Posted: 3/22/2014 1:18:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Bronies on this board disturb me more than some kid with a rainbow dash back pack.

Basically grown men enjoying My Little Pony is baffling creepy as hell.
View Quote

Fixed.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 1:19:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
People should be wise enough not to do the things that single them out for a special kind of ridicule and abuse.

They should be free to do as they please, but sensible enough to judge the time, the place, the audience, and the likely reception they will get.

The school acted in good faith and with the best interests of the kid in question in mind.  

While I enjoy MLP, don't think for a second that I'm going to decorate my desk at my workplace with all manner of pony
related merch, even if you assumed I HAD any.  (I don't.)    

If wearing a specific shirt or backpack to school means you'll probably get your ass kicked,  you should exercise better judgement and
NOT wear it to school.

Judgement BEFORE the action is better than having to restrain others AFTER the act.

View Quote

Wait, wut?  You're a closet bronie?  Coming out?
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 1:22:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Looks like you were yiffing during English.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember bullies they finally left me alone when I started stealing there homework and other philological warfare techniques

Looks like you were yiffing during English.

Bwahahahha!    
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Little pony is my bf and fiance
View All Quotes
Quoted:
OK I gotta ask. Are you Bigpony's SO?

Little pony is my bf and fiance

So "Big Pony" is the pitcher and "Little Pony" is the catcher?
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Tis a pity.
Now he'll have to learn about life in the real world via a different painful lesson.
View Quote

And this.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top