Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 4:17:33 PM EDT
[#1]
haha asshole
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wouldn't it be hilarious if they got robbed and no CCW holder stopped it?
View Quote
No. Hilarious would be for them to get robbed, not do a damn thing about it. Then, lift up your shirt and show them your a CCW holder but didn't do squat because other policy.

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 4:28:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Their facebook page is back up.  Seems he's been busy deleting comments but they're still coming in too fast to keep up with

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 4:33:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder how the owner of Backstreet Pub feels about a bakery putting up a sign saying "No Gays, If you're such a pervert that you would have sex with someone of the same gender, we don't want your business. Faggot." Or maybe a "No Blacks", "No Jews", or "No Democrats" sign.

Hate flows both directions, douchebag.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#6]
His phone at work is busy.....

Pete the owner of Backstreets also operates this restaurant next door.

Overtime
102 Earle Street
Clemson, SC 29630
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 4:49:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Freedom of speech.  Freedom of association.

Works for them, works for me.
View Quote

This !! I will be in the area next month . I will not stop in and visit
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 4:59:10 PM EDT
[#8]
He claims to to have a concealed weapons permit
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 5:15:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Typical Liberal/Democrat hypocrite.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 5:38:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

One of the many things claimed in his epic backpedaling.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 5:39:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

They always do.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 5:50:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Pete told The Washington Times that he’s a big supporter of gun rights and has had a concealed weapons permit since 2001, but doesn’t feel guns have any place in a college town. "There are cops everywhere. Cameras everywhere. Guns have no place here in a college town,” he said.

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Meh ... I don't care.

At least he's honest about it.

Having said that ... I would do everything in my power to make sure I can divert all the business I can from that establishment and celebrate his business failing and his family going hungry.

View Quote

No, actually he is a hypocrite. He was interviewed and said he is a big supporter of gun rights.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 5:58:42 PM EDT
[#14]
He's too stupid to realize that booze kills more college kids than guns.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 6:03:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Pete told The Washington Times that he’s a big supporter of gun rights and has had a concealed weapons permit since 2001, but doesn’t feel guns have any place in a college town. "There are cops everywhere. Cameras everywhere. Guns have no place here in a college town,” he said.

View Quote

Well that makes sense.  Crimes are only committed in "bad areas".  I can't think of a single violent incident that's happened on or near a college campus.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Found more info.

Info from Secretary of State Website so is public.

http://www.sos.sc.gov/index.asp?n=18&p=4&s=18&corporateid=603589

Shows full name and is located at business address.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:38:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Don't forget to rate them at foursquare.com.

https://foursquare.com/v/backstreets-pub--grill/4b524348f964a520887327e3

Wonder if he will be posting same signs at his other businesses?

http://www.sos.sc.gov/index.asp?n=18&p=4&s=14

Agent Search Results as of 3/18/2014 6:02:06 PM

AGENT NAME  CORPORATION NAME  CORP TYPE                                   EFF. DATE
PETER C MATSKO  BACKSTREETS OF CLEMSON, INCORPORATION INC 01/07/2011
PETER C MATSKO  PETE'S LIMO, LLC INC                                                 01/22/2002
PETER C MATSKO  TWO PUBS, INC. INC                                                   08/09/1999

Doubling down on his initial insult:

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 5:20:24 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a question for Southerners.

Is the use of the slur "douchebag" typically used in the south?

I ask for a very specific reason.  I will refrain from posting my analysis of this pub owner until I have heard replies from southerners.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 5:22:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

He claims to carry a gun but insults those that do.

I hope he gets AIDS.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 5:23:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ah yes, Pete. I checked my Outlook calendar for the upcoming year, and sure enough ... I have no gunfights, attempted carjackings, attempted robberies, or other things on the books in any college towns that would require me to have a gun. I always make sure I schedule those in advance, with plenty of notice, so I can just bring my gun on those days.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 5:25:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I ask for a very specific reason.  I will refrain from posting my analysis of this pub owner until I have heard replies from southerners.

Thanks
View Quote

Why?  Does NY get royalties from the word douchebag?
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 5:33:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Does Pete have a last name?
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 5:40:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

I asked for a very specific reason.   I suspect that this piece of shit who owns this pub is a "transplanted" northern liberal.  The use of this slur is commonly used in what I refer to as the "scum belt" which primarily includes New York, New Jersey and other points in the north.  In other words blue state shit holes!  I'm planning to leave this dump of a state and have already looked at this part of South Carolina.  My greatest fear is that the liberal scum up north do not destroy this state like they already have done to Florida, Virginia, and are doing to North Carolina

I always go with my gut feeling. I suspect this "Pete" is not a native South Carolinian   That's why I was asking If this slur "douchebag" was commonly used in the south.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 5:46:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Someone should stand out there and protest on Friday and Saturday nights about how the restaurant hates the Constitution.
View Quote

I will be joining my sisters in the Women's Christian Temperance Union in picketing this den on iniquity which serves the demon liquor and then jokes about alcoholism.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 5:48:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Negative - he has right to express his vision and post the correct sign banning firearms. He has NO right to offend other people by calling them douchebags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This entire episode is an excercise in the free application of constitutional freedoms. The business owner has every right to his opinion and to forbid the presence of firearms on his property. Those who are crucifying him have every right to do that too. I suspect he will suffer far more for his exercising his freedom than he ever imagined. So even though he is within his rights he also made a bad business decision. It may actually be more important to him to ban firearms from his business than to remain in business.

Negative - he has right to express his vision and post the correct sign banning firearms. He has NO right to offend other people by calling them douchebags.

Actually they do have that right.  What's wrong you one of those rights for me but not thee types?
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 5:52:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Just lit them up on Yelp.... They are down to 1.5 stars.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 5:53:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 5:56:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Facebook page may be down again.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 6:05:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Posted to Tripadvisor.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 6:07:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Definitely not up.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 6:08:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational black rifle forum!
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 6:10:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Here is what appears to be his Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/pete.matsko.5?fref=browse_search

From New Jersey.  My shocked face >>>  

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 6:13:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Trip advisor hasn't posted my review.

I guess Ba ckstr* eet Pu% bes and Dild*( oes and referencing PT SD attack from North Vietnamese POW type cuisine didn't fly under the RADAR.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 6:20:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Neither does his, by his own logic

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 6:23:34 AM EDT
[#35]
I love it when an establishment helps me decide not to spend my money there.  Sometimes these owners are their own worst enemy. He could have said he doesn't want guns in his bar but when he insulted gun owners he went way to far. Now anyone that owns a gun is insulted not just CCW holders. Although I think that even without the insult gun owners would have stayed away. I would have.

Skip
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 6:56:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I knew it!   This is why I was asking if the use of the derogatory slur douche bag was used in the south?

Because instinctively I knew that this low life piece of shit was probably from either New York or New Jersey.

As always my gut instinct never fails!
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 7:00:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Posted on FB asking people who live in SC and possibly frequent said business to deny them their hard earned money.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 7:01:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I knew it!   This is why I was asking if the use of the derogatory slur douche bag was used in the south?

Because instinctively I knew that this low life piece of shit was probably from either New York or New Jersey.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But you are from NY?
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 7:02:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Call the restaurant and tell them you fly to SC on business a lot and have frequented the restaurant in the past, but will cease to do so in the future doe to their discriminatory stance.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 7:07:04 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Meh ... I don't care.

At least he's honest about it.

This.
I agree to an extent: his property, his rules....where he went full auto retard, was in calling people names.

People whose money he needs...

Never go full auto...
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 7:20:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

But you are from NY?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But you are from NY?

I was raised in a conservative family when Long Island was a conservative place that people moved to to flee New York City.
Now all of downstate New York is a blue extension of New York City cultural.  I referred to the red and blue election map of the country.

I'm 52 years old.  When I started driving in the late 70s there was no trash and debris on the side of the highways
Now because the liberal scum have taken over the place is a joke.   Filth and trash everywhere along the highways
New York State is now rated dead last in freedom and liberty.

And thanks to the low class scum bag in the governors mansion and cowardly downstate Republicans who voted for his onerous gun ban law there is a mass exodus underway of law-abiding gun owners.

I was in upstate South Carolina with my girlfriend last summer for one week looking at homes.  I hate to say it but I absolutely despise most of the people in the greater downstate New York area.  I do not recognize the place anymore.  I despise these liberal progressives. Because I understand the mental illness which drives them and motivates them

So when I saw that sign on the front window of that pub in Clemson South Carolina my instincts took over.
I have friends who are Southerners who have been imploring me for years to leave New York.

And that is why I am leaving.  Because they have destroyed the state.  Upper income level people are fleeing, law-abiding gun owners are leaving, firearms manufacturing companies are leaving.  The producers are leaving.

Let these scumbags live in the cesspool that they helped create!
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 7:25:02 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

I dunno if everyone in that bar is from Jersey or not...but they're all ridiculously unattractive.

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 7:26:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Hey, let's tie our business and livelihood directly to crude, insulting political statements guaranteed to alienate a significant percentage of the population! Brilliant!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 7:33:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Wouldn't it be hilarious if they got robbed and no CCW holder stopped it?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 7:35:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Gotta love the fact he says anyone drinking and carrying is breaking the law.  

Did he forget the word GRILL in his businesses name?

We need to bring bad publicity to all businesses he owns.

What a hypocritical asshole aka lib.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 7:40:40 AM EDT
[#46]

Not recommended refers to Yelp's belief that they are not highly credible reviews.

Because people insist on leaving stupid reviews, that are obviously fake, with no friends and no history of reviews Yelp sees them for what they are: junk.

If you are going to do this, be smart, leave a few sensible reviews of local joints you have actually been too and maybe friend some people. It helps their algorithms validate your review if it seems like you are not just on a mission against one place.

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 7:41:56 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

[snip]

Doubling down on his initial insult:

[snip]
View Quote

In looking over the law there real quick

It appears that his new sign still doesn't comply with the signage requirements.

Now assuming that he gets a sign that does comply so that it would be illegal to carry a concealed weapon on the premises, would it apply to him (since he purportedly has a CCW too)?
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 7:45:15 AM EDT
[#48]

Yes, Yelp is reticent to remove a review altogether even when it's obvious the reviewer has never patronized the business.  They often resort to the Not Recommended status when a site gets blasted.

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 7:50:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 7:51:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Ha this is hilarious.  That guy is getting his doors blown off!
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top