Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 232
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:53:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Didn't they say the pings were "definitely" from the plane.

Sorry, I won't believe anything from anybody until parts of the plane are found.
Too much politics and bullshit flying around.

What politics?  Why would Immarsat or Australia lie about this?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Didn't they say the pings were "definitely" from the plane.

Sorry, I won't believe anything from anybody until parts of the plane are found.
Too much politics and bullshit flying around.

What politics?  Why would Immarsat or Australia lie about this?  

Ego.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:48:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Today is 100 days since disappearance.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:56:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I doubt they will spend much more time/money looking for it.  Nobody really cares anymore.  Even CNN stopped covering it, and they were obsessed with that bitch.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:05:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I doubt they will spend much more time/money looking for it.  Nobody really cares anymore.  Even CNN stopped covering it, and they were obsessed with that bitch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you joking?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure if serious.  They have allocated a whole munch more money than was already spent.  They are just getting warmed up.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:09:58 PM EDT
[#6]
It was still system message
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

I would say System Message detected cleavage on the plane and disappeared it.  However, being from Malaysia it probably detected stealth penis.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:25:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I would say System Message detected cleavage on the plane and disappeared it.  However, being from Malaysia it probably detected stealth penis.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lady-boy dragon!

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:29:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I was watching GOT last night and couldn't help but notice that one of Khaleesi's dragons was missing!
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean besides the millions of dollars they've already allocated for when the search starts up again in August, and beyond the additional money they say they'll spend when this initial allocation runs out?  

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 1:58:03 PM EDT
[#11]
36.02 South 88.57 East

It would be mildly interesting to map this out against previous search areas and the original 440/450/460KTAS analysis shown in the Malaysian report. (don't recall the exact speeds they used, but I think those are close)
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Why not have people poring over sat footage at the new coordinates they're urging from the time right after the plane went all Amelia Earhart?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why not have people poring over sat footage at the new coordinates they're urging from the time right after the plane went all Amelia Earhart?
View Quote

Excellent idea IF anyone images open ocean.  Of course the history of debris sightings with this incident is apparently 100% false leads.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote
Not much incentive for anybody to launch a satellite in order to monitor a stretch of remote ocean.  

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Didn't they already store the imagery in that crowdsourcing effort from tomnod or something?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:03:12 PM EDT
[#16]

You guys haven't found this dam plane yet?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nobody wants the job of sifting through piles of dragon poop.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 12:36:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Some us have known all the time where it has been.  It's just that others won't admit they have been wrong all this time.

Hint.  

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 12:40:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's in a hangar somewhere in the M.E.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That is exactly what I'm afraid of and no one in the .gov's are taking that possibility seriously.  They are sticking their heads in the sand and wishing on a star that 'it went South'.

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is exactly what I'm afraid of and no one in the .gov's are taking that possibility seriously.  They are sticking their heads in the sand and wishing on a star that 'it went South'.

Why and how it would end up in a hangar?  Who would have gone through this much effort? Wouldn't the satellite data that has been independently confirmed show that?  

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Did they find it?
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, it has been scientifically demonstrated that it went south....
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:11:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Along with the Global Warming thing.  The science is settled.

One of the principals I operate by.  Never trust the .gov or anyone working with or for the .gov.

If it went South, show me parts of the aircraft or its contents.  

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:21:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

One of the principals I operate by.  Never trust the .gov or anyone working with or for the .gov.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, yes, Doppler frequency shift is settled science.

This one is indeed settled: the plane went south.  There is no longer a question about this one.  It's been widely independently verified once INMARSAT released the specs and data, including people who were originally saying it went north until they saw the actual data.

You're just sounding like a nut at this point.  Maybe it's a conspiracy and physics and mathematics are lying to us!

Wikipedia provides us a pretty nice proof, if you for some reason still think Doppler shift is some sort of unpredictable voodoo.

Given

we divide for c

Since we can substitute the geometric expansion:

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How is this related to global warming?

Why would the people who are running the search lie?  

The data from Immarsat has been confirmed.  What data do you have that it's sitting in a hangar in the Middle East?
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 5:05:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's been my fear from the start.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:34:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Originally Posted By

The data from Immarsat has been confirmed.  What data do you have that it's sitting in a hangar in the Middle East?
In this day and age "science" proves nothing.

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:41:54 PM EDT
[#29]
One day for sure
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 1:49:04 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote
So because you don't agree with one aspect of science, you reject all science?  

No one has said the science is settled, just that the data shows the plane went south.  

I find it funny that people on here will reject anything that is actually supported by data to argue theories that are either preposterous or is not backed by any data at all.  

Why would the people running the search or a private organization like Immarsat lie about this?  

Link Posted: 6/20/2014 1:57:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Science stated for hundreds of years that Pluto was a planet and then recently they just said its a giant ice bucket.

Science has proven to me that they are capable of being very very wrong even with tremendous amounts of data confirming otherwise.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

In the end......where is the debris.

Link Posted: 6/20/2014 2:04:22 AM EDT
[#32]

No one has said the science is settled, just that the data shows the plane went south.

I find it funny that people on here will reject anything that is actually supported by data to argue theories that are either preposterous or is not backed by any data at all.

Why would the people running the search or a private organization like Immarsat lie about this?
View Quote

Yeah and every intelligence agency was sure that Saddam Hussein has a huge WMD and yet he had nothing.

I have severe hearing loss and other service connected disabilities thanks to assholes that REALLY thought their facts were confirmed and backed up. Not trying to deflect the subject and I have no regrets for my service but I am saying that NOTHING IS WRITTEN IN STONE.

I'm not bashing science......I just want it BEYOND A REASONABLE doubt.

Link Posted: 6/20/2014 3:22:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yeah and every intelligence agency was sure that Saddam Hussein has a huge WMD and yet he had nothing.

I have severe hearing loss and other service connected disabilities thanks to assholes that REALLY thought their facts were confirmed and backed up. Not trying to deflect the subject and I have no regrets for my service but I am saying that NOTHING IS WRITTEN IN STONE.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Saddam had plenty of WMDs.  He also worked very hard to convince the world he had more.

Link Posted: 6/20/2014 4:14:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Science stated for hundreds of years that Pluto was a planet and then recently they just said its a giant ice bucket.

View Quote

Pluto was discovered in 1930 by Clyde Tombagh.

Its no longer considered a planet because of a taxonomy issue. Its not like the IAU said, "Pluto no longer exists!"
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 4:19:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The science DOES prove beyond a reasonable doubt.  As people have already stated, the math is confirmed and has been checked.  On top of that, take a wander on over to the ISIL thread.  Saddam did have WMD's.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 4:20:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/20/2014 11:07:50 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.  Science has been coopted by politics.  

Link Posted: 6/20/2014 11:08:40 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I reject science when .gov's or related orgs say "See, the science proves it."

Link Posted: 6/20/2014 12:43:03 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think what he means is anymore they could just as well created the data supporting it going south.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 2:25:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're beginning to just sound crazy.  

What issue with the Doppler frequency shift math are you taking issue with?  Or do you have an issue with it, or are you just insisting that you must be right, no matter how soundly you're proven wrong?
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 2:28:45 PM EDT
[#41]
If an aircraft flew into a severe thunderstorm and was destroyed and/or forced into the ground, would we have 200 pages of discussion about how the government somehow formed that thunderstorm?

Aircraft crash.  Shit happens.  Shit that happens in the middle of the Indian ocean takes a long time to figure out.  It really is THAT simple.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 4:42:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

So you equate military and political analysis with science?  What portion of the analysis that suggested Saddam Hussein had a huge WMD stockpile would you consider to be a part of "science"?

No one said that the search for MH 370 is settled beyond a reasonable doubt.  All the evidence that is available highly suggests the plane flew south.  There is no evidence available to suggest the plane flew to an airfield in the Middle East.  

Link Posted: 6/20/2014 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I reject science when .gov's or related orgs say "See, the science proves it."

So Immarsat is a government now?  Why would they lie?  Why would the Australian government lie?

Do you reject everything ever put out by a government agency as a lie?
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Saddam had plenty of WMDs.  He also worked very hard to convince the world he had more.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  check in a big sand dune about 12 miles inside the Syrian border with Iraq.  I bet it will be very interesting what you find.  Why do you think W was starting to look at Syria before he left office and O refuses to go into the country. But what do I know
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:32:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Science changes daily. A quick list

world book of knowledge 1946 "man can never go faster than the speed of sound"

Eggs are bad for you
eggs are good for you

butter is bad and margarine is god for you
margarine is bad and butter is good for you

coconut oil is bad for you (theater popcorn)
coconut oil is good for you and is now sold in health food stores

all alcohol is bad for you
wine is good for the heart

coffee is bad for you
now coffee is good for you

when I got out of school in 71, ice age on the way
now global warming

Want me to keep going

PROVEN science changes everyday.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:56:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Science has proven to me that they are capable of being very very wrong even with tremendous amounts of data confirming otherwise.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

View Quote

That damn science, always causing trouble.  I can't stand him either.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Science changes daily. A quick list

world book of knowledge 1946 "man can never go faster than the speed of sound"

Eggs are bad for you
eggs are good for you

butter is bad and margarine is god for you
margarine is bad and butter is good for you

coconut oil is bad for you (theater popcorn)
coconut oil is good for you and is now sold in health food stores

all alcohol is bad for you
wine is good for the heart

coffee is bad for you
now coffee is good for you

when I got out of school in 71, ice age on the way
now global warming

Want me to keep going

PROVEN science changes everyday.
View Quote

wrong.  "proven science," as you put it, is not a thing.  There are scientific laws and scientific theories.  a scientific law is something that we know to be true because we can recreate it.  for example, water freezing at 32 degrees Fahrenheit.  What you provided examples of are scientific theories, which can change as new data is provided.  Also, what you posted are not absolutes.  Eggs and coffee are not always good for you, and are not always bad for you.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pluto?  Seriously, your example is Pluto?

Pluto was discovered in 1930.  In the entire intervening time, it has only completed 1/3 of it's orbit - but that orbit is largely unchanged from the 247.69 years orbital period, calculated back in 1931.  Today, Pluto's orbit is listed as 247.68 years. And, the "just a bucket of ice" doesn't agree with current estimates, and I also doubt that was the historical assessment of the structure.

Refining Pluto's Orbit (1931)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAU_definition_of_planet
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 1:30:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

On Pluto, that planet discovered in the 1600s by Bill Preston and Ted Logan.  NASA conspiracists teleported the plan there before turning the while thing into a giant ice bucket.

Oh, and dragons were there as well.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Real experts released their analysis of search zone ahead of Inmarsat and the Aussies. However, the 'searchers' still have not bothered to consult them despite being completely wrong about previous search locations and their inability to disquinish black box pings from planes flying overhead.

Independent experts claim they have zeroed in on MH370 spot, says CNN

An ad hoc group of independent experts are saying they know the approximate location of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, but have yet to be consulted by search officials plotting a new search zone for the missing jetliner.
View Quote

CNN reported on Tuesday that after prodding authorities to release satellite data on MH370, the experts said their findings suggest the plane was in a tight cluster of spots in the south Indian Ocean; hundreds of kilometres southwest of the previous search site.

"We recommend that the search for MH370 be focused on this area," they said in a statement on Tuesday.

"While there remain a number of uncertainties and some disagreements as to the interpretation of aspects of the data, our best estimates of a location of the aircraft (are) near 36.02 South 88.57 East," according to the statement, which was approved by 10 named experts.

According to CNN, the group opted to release its statement on Tuesday ahead of the Australian government's announcement on the focus of the search, so that there would be no question about the independence of their findings.

One member of the group, American Mobile Satellite Corp co-founder Mike Exner, told CNN that “We wanted to get our best estimate out”.
View Quote

http://news.malaysia.msn.com/tmi/independent-experts-claim-they-have-zeroed-in-on-mh370-spot-says-cnn

Page / 232
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top