Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:18:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Sad.  When you die, people should notice your absence.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Something about this story doesn't make sense.  What about her employment?  Her other bills, such as utilities?  This story sounds suspiciously like someone knew she was dead, but didn't report it because keeping her alive, at least legally, was to their advantage.
View Quote

Wouldn't surprise me. Weird shit going on here
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:23:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sad.  When you die, people should notice your absence.
View Quote

We always need threads asking "Hey, what happened to _________."

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:23:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I would look at her bank account and see when she last bought food
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:27:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

How can she have had no mail pile up and taxes paid every year?

Weird for sure. Anyone want a low mileage jeep for a good price
View Quote
I would not want a car where the previous owner died in it.

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

How the hell did no one notice 6 years of mail piling up in the mailbox.... something is wrong with this story...

eta... this one had to notice something was wrong:  "......One of them mowed her grass to keep things looking tidy......."

View Quote
Once the mailbox fills up the postal service will stop delivering mail to the box and will just hold it at the post office.  

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:32:33 AM EDT
[#7]
The crazy old drunk guy across the street died, in spectacularly public fashion, two years ago.  Apparently, all of his bills are on auto pay; as his lights are still on, the furnace is still heating the house, his truck hasn't been repo'd, and the bank hasn't posted any paperwork on his door...  He didn't have any family either.

We, the neighbors, have been mowing his lawn so the place still looks occupied.

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:32:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The cause of her death is called..  No Friends
View Quote

...or relatives.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:37:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Sucks to be her heirs, if any... serves them right for not checking on her for 6 years.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm kind of impressed that she had enough in her checking account to auto pay bills for 6 years.

Sucks to be her heirs, if any... serves them right for not checking on her for 6 years.  
could be interesting if she had mortgage insurance that paid off the home when she died.

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:40:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I totally suffer from that.

Wait, is suffer the right word?
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Something about this story doesn't make sense.  What about her employment?  Her other bills, such as utilities?  This story sounds suspiciously like someone knew she was dead, but didn't report it because keeping her alive, at least legally, was to their advantage.
View Quote

Wonder if she was getting regular welfare payments deposited into her account for 6-years as well in the form of social security disability or such?
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:59:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
what was she doing in the back seat in the first place?
View Quote

She was a "GO-ER"
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 10:02:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quiet neighborhood in Pontiac? I call bull shit.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes you wonder if six years ago there wasn't some internet forum asking "whatever happened to Ilovekitties43?

View Quote

Excellent point. If I ever stop posting on here, please have the MI HTF members start combing garages looking for me.

View Quote
Shawnofthedead comes to mind.................  
View Quote

Aimless is still searching bathhouses for him to this day.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 10:02:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Sad story...
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 10:05:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Heard that story on Dave and Chuck this morning.

It baffles me how a smelly, decomposing body can go unnoticed in the back seat of a Jeep for 6 years... what was she doing in the back seat in the first place?
View Quote

Pontiac
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 10:06:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 10:31:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How can she have had no mail pile up and taxes paid every year?

Weird for sure. Anyone want a low mileage jeep for a good price
View Quote

If she was dead and not earning anything but minor interest on a savings/checking account, there wouldn't be much, if any income tax liability.  It would be small enough that the IRS probably wouldn't even go after her, just send letters.

Her property taxes on the house would be paid by the mortgage company from escrow.  Unpaid property taxes for the vehicle wouldn't be an issue until she (or someone) tried to renew registration on the car...which obviously didn't happen.

What I find hard to believe is that someone was mowing her yard that regularly but yet didn't know she was dead.  Or that neighborhood miscreants didn't know the house was empty and start vandalizing it.

And yes, 6 years worth of emergency fund is something that Dave Ramsey would find interesting.

Think of the heirs that lost out on 6 years of cash being bled off to pay for a car and mortgage of a corpse.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 10:35:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I mowed the grass of an abandoned property for a summer.  If someone was dead inside I never would have known.  I just didn't want it overrun with weeds, or driving property values down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How the hell did no one notice 6 years of mail piling up in the mailbox.... something is wrong with this story...

eta... this one had to notice something was wrong:  "......One of them mowed her grass to keep things looking tidy......."

I mowed the grass of an abandoned property for a summer.  If someone was dead inside I never would have known.  I just didn't want it overrun with weeds, or driving property values down.

Would you have done it for 6 years?
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 10:38:34 AM EDT
[#19]
That reminds me of the quote "If you think no one cares try missing a few payments"...
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 10:44:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm kind of impressed that she had enough in her checking account to auto pay bills for 6 years.
View Quote

what i was thinking 6yrs worth of bills is pretty solid. Foreclosure does take awhile though so maybe more like 4-5 but still solid..
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 10:45:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Holyshit...That sucks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 10:49:02 AM EDT
[#22]
I wish my bank account was big enough to pay bills for 6 years.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 10:54:10 AM EDT
[#23]
That's depressing to think she didn't have anyone who would miss her.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 10:57:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That's depressing to think she didn't have anyone who would miss her.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By Mark D:

The crazy old drunk guy across the street died, in spectacularly public fashion, two years ago.  Apparently, all of his bills are on auto pay; as his lights are still on, the furnace is still heating the house, his truck hasn't been repo'd, and the bank hasn't posted any paperwork on his door...  He didn't have any family either.

We, the neighbors, have been mowing his lawn so the place still looks occupied.

View Quote

How?  Tell us more.

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#26]
She may not have had 6 years worth of expenses saved up. The money may have run out early on but failure to pay bills isn't enough to get someone to physically come to the house and even if they did they wouldn't enter it.

Foreclosures can take a year or more and even when they happen the bank may take months longer to do anything with the property other than mow the grass and winterize it.  Being in the back seat she may not have been easily visible so there may have been visitors to the house who never looked closely.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 11:23:20 AM EDT
[#27]
CO suicide

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 11:44:03 AM EDT
[#28]
If you have one of those door slot mail boxes, you could probably stuff the mail in until the entire front room was full.

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 11:56:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

CO suicide  
View Quote

The ignition was off.

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 11:57:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Apparently she had no friends or family to waste it on so that probably helped.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#31]
I thought the dude who whose ticker blew in Canada was a record. Guy died in bed, same auto payment shit, he was found when the landlord when in after about a year to check on the apartment. His retired auto deposited, his bills auto withdrew and he had no family so one had a clue. Apparently everyone in the apartment build was olfactory challenged.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 12:06:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you have all your bills set up to auto pay  you don't get a lot of mail.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 12:08:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Excellent point. If I ever stop posting on here, please have the MI HTF members start combing garages looking for me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes you wonder if six years ago there wasn't some internet forum asking "whatever happened to Ilovekitties43?

Dibs on all your shit. Promise to bury you in a nice deeeeep grave in the backyard.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 12:10:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shawnofthedead comes to mind.................  

Hard to recognize a guy in a Gimp suit stuffed in a trunk.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#35]
There was a dude that offed himself in front of another Detroit suburb in River Rouge.  He parked his car in front of the POLICE STATION, FIRE and city hall and shot himself in the head.

Well that same night there was a ton of snow and his car was covered.  

His meter had run out so the meter maids started giving him parking tickets.

He got like 5-7 before one of them realized there was a person in the front seat.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 12:15:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
There was a dude that offed himself in front of another Detroit suburb in River Rouge.  He parked his car in front of the POLICE STATION, FIRE and city hall and shot himself in the head.

He got like 5-7 before one of them realized there was a person in the front seat.
View Quote

Did he have a born to fail tattoo on his body.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 12:16:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
CO suicide  
View Quote

Hmmm.  An empty gas tank would verify that.

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 12:31:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Foul Play? Then I guess this must have gone straight to a....cold case
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote
Recently a woman's car was discovered in a ditch, it had been involved in a collision and the driver was not at the scene.  The cops had it towed and searched for the woman for three days until her body was discovered in the car at the towing company's yard.  

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 12:34:16 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 12:38:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Is anyone else impressed that she had enough in her checking account to cover 6 years worth of bills?
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It baffles me how a smelly, decomposing body can go unnoticed in the back seat of a Jeep for 6 years... what was she doing in the back seat in the first place?
View Quote

Have you been to/thru Pontiac?  It would be more than a little difficult to differentiate between smells....
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Local news says that she had about $54k in the bank that the auto payments was coming out of.  They believe that she was self employed.  Supposedly some neighbors knocked, and police did a welfare check, but didn't enter the house.  They also said the house was full of black mold (probably because of a large hole in the roof).

They also said the ignition was off on the car... Maybe she was going for CO suicide, chickened out when she started feeling woozy, turned the IG switch off but never made it back out of the car?  Only thing I can think of besides aneurysm or her ticker giving out.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 12:58:50 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Dibs on all your shit. Promise to bury you in a nice deeeeep grave in the backyard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell, if I am dead I am way beyond giving a damn about a proper burial. If I was you I would take the good stuff and not worry about my corpse.

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 1:25:21 PM EDT
[#47]
I read about a guy in Milwaukee, same thing. He was single, and estranged from his daughter. He quit his job, told all his buddies he was moving down south, went home and blew his brains out. The city moved his grass and added the fee onto his property taxes, which went unpaid until the city took the house years later. They broke in to evict him, and there he was.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 1:38:58 PM EDT
[#48]
FOR SALE:

2007 Jeep
Low Miles!
New Upholstery!
Slight Odor.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

FOR SALE:

2007 Jeep

Low Miles!

New Upholstery!

Slight Odor.
View Quote

Walmart truckbed liner spray seals in odors and souls
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 12:35:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

It baffles me how someone capable of paying their bills still lived in Pontiac MI.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top