Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 7:08:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In before the streets run red with blood.

Congrats! And good choice on the shield.
View Quote

It was hilarious reading the comments on the Chicago Tribune FB page for the article I linked to. One libtard was priceless.

Everyone PLEASE watch what you do around others in public! The slightest thing that could be perceived as a threat will be enough justification for you to end up dead under this new concealed carry law! PLEASE watch your posture, watch the way you walk, the way you talk, the clothes you wear (that means hoodies, too), don't wear baseball caps or winter jackets that have sports logos on them since they can be taken as gang symbols, and PLEASE keep your hands in plain view at all times! We're going to have THOUSANDS of trigger-happy people ready to squeeze off a few rounds at anyone they perceive to be "suspicious".

Permit or no permit...A person with a gun is dangerous. There is NO WAY EVER, that ANYONE will EVER convince me otherwise. If you have a gun, you're a public safety threat and a threat to me and my family, and we have a right to not be around you or have you in our communities.

Concealed carry folks and those with FOID card who are not law enforcement officers are not simply trying to protect themselves, they are planning out who they will use that gun on and how they can beat the rap in court. THAT is the TRUTH! Concealed carry and the ability to even possess a weapon is nothing more than a violent person using a gun to enforce culture privilege, financial status privilege, and race privilege.

Again, people with guns are not wanted in our neighborhoods.

This from the same idiot. When someone pointed out to him that blood running in the streets doesn't happen in other states, libtard responded with: That's because the police and politicians there silence the media. Your argument is invalid on its face.

And my absolute favorite: There IS NO DIFFERENCE between a concealed carry holder and a street thug, they are one in the same.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I knew CCW in IL was going well when some pansies in our IL branch office asked corporate specifically to get signage to prohibit CCW in our facility in the other day's conference call.
The media out there must be fear mongering like crazy.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 7:10:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I knew CCW in IL was going well when some pansies in our IL branch office asked corporate specifically to get signage to prohibit CCW in our facility in the other day's conference call.
The media out there must be fear mongering like crazy.
View Quote

Do your other branches in other states prohibit CCW?

The Trib seems to be doing OK. The Sun-Crimes, I don't even pay attention to. Some local radio folks are weird, but listening to Lawn Dart and McStreetlights is actually pretty funny. They are just beside themselves.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice, my app in in the 5600s, but chose to not submit prints curious to see when mine gets approved.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 7:18:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Glad to hear your happy news.  

It's always the same story with the low information voters.

You thread made me smile.
View Quote

Thank you! I'm rather giddy! Happy puppy dance time when I get it in the mail next week.

Link Posted: 2/28/2014 7:27:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thank you! I'm rather giddy! Happy puppy dance time when I get it in the mail next week.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's always the same story with the low information voters.

You thread made me smile.

Marie fucking rules!

one of my favorite posters for sure, just enough snark when needed!
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Marie fucking rules!

one of my favorite posters for sure, just enough snark when needed!
View Quote

Awww, isn't that sweet. Never knew I was in someone's "favorite poster" category.

I'm extremely fluent in snark!
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

[bI]t's always the same story with the low information voters.

You thread made me smile[/b].
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was hilarious reading the comments on the Chicago Tribune FB page for the article I linked to. One libtard was priceless.

Everyone PLEASE watch what you do around others in public! The slightest thing that could be perceived as a threat will be enough justification for you to end up dead under this new concealed carry law! PLEASE watch your posture, watch the way you walk, the way you talk, the clothes you wear (that means hoodies, too), don't wear baseball caps or winter jackets that have sports logos on them since they can be taken as gang symbols, and PLEASE keep your hands in plain view at all times! We're going to have THOUSANDS of trigger-happy people ready to squeeze off a few rounds at anyone they perceive to be "suspicious".

Permit or no permit...A person with a gun is dangerous. There is NO WAY EVER, that ANYONE will EVER convince me otherwise. If you have a gun, you're a public safety threat and a threat to me and my family, and we have a right to not be around you or have you in our communities.

Concealed carry folks and those with FOID card who are not law enforcement officers are not simply trying to protect themselves, they are planning out who they will use that gun on and how they can beat the rap in court. THAT is the TRUTH! Concealed carry and the ability to even possess a weapon is nothing more than a violent person using a gun to enforce culture privilege, financial status privilege, and race privilege.

This from the same idiot. When someone pointed out to him that blood running in the streets doesn't happen in other states, libtard responded with: That's because the police and politicians there silence the media. Your argument is invalid on its face.

And my absolute favorite: There IS NO DIFFERENCE between a concealed carry holder and a street thug, they are one in the same.

[bI]t's always the same story with the low information voters.

You thread made me smile[/b].

Both of these deserve smilies or better.  I never thought I'd see Illinois issuing concealed carry permits to non-special people.  I'm also greatly amused and not at all surprised at the fearful comment to the article.

Link Posted: 2/28/2014 8:37:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Good on you to be one of the first.

Sadly, I just don't see myself applying; at least not in the near future.
Yes, there is one good thing, and that is no fingerprints required.
The ISP has one month more to do a background check if you don't submit them.
I don't know why anyone would willingly give their prints to the ISP, unless you are somehow in their system already.
In fact, the fingerprint requirement in other states like Florida, is why I never applied for a nonresident permit from them.  
I doubt those approved, will have their prints "purged" from the system, as if that is even possible in this computerized
world.  Guilty until proved innocent.  Sell someone ammo that you've touched, brass ends up at a crime scene, your prints are in the system, and they haul you in.
Waiting an extra month, wouldn't bother me at all.

The 16 hour "training" requirement is rediculous, too, and that is what I think will keep applications below a lot of the other states, with half the training, or none required.
The problem is, there is a severe shortage of ranges in IL for instructors to use for the "qualification" process.

Who knows, I may get ambitious, take some NoDoz, wear some Depends, and be willing to sit through two eight hour Sat. and Sun. sessions, but not right now.

The handguns are getting smaller in the gun shops though.  Before this bill passed, there wasn't much purpose in getting a pocket sized gun in Illinois.

Link Posted: 2/28/2014 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Do your other branches in other states prohibit CCW?
View Quote

By company policy for all employees nationwide, yes, but I'm unaware of any other attempt to statutorily prohibit vendors, visitors, etc from carrying at any other locations in the US. They're either in pro-gun states, or in states so anti that carry is nearly unheard of (CA for example).
Corporate is HQ'd in the Bay area though, so we're a very lefty run company. If it were suggested for any other facility, they'd agree to it instantly.

Link Posted: 2/28/2014 9:57:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Awesome!

Link Posted: 3/5/2014 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#14]
bump - update in OP.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Waiting.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:15:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I should get mine this month as well. Will be carrying my HK P7

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Congrats.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
"The new law allowing concealed guns to be carried in public was cobbled together after an appellate court struck down the state's concealed carry ban in December 2012."

I love that.  It must have been so difficult.  I mean, it's not like they could have copied it from one of the other FORTY-NINE states!  They had to cobble together their own BS.

Anyway, this is indeed great news for the few friends and family remaining in my home state.
View Quote

I bet the Illinois Nazi's are just seething over this.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:20:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Congrats OP.  Looking at USACarry, my MN CCW will allow me to carry in my vehicle but not on my person.

Can anyone confirm this to be true?
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:23:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lolololol

link to the story on their page? Trying to find it now.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:24:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a disturbed individual.
Scary ain't it??
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Congrats OP.  Looking at USACarry, my MN CCW will allow me to carry in my vehicle but not on my person.

View Quote

That is correct sir. They do not honor any other state permits, but if you have a permit from another state you may "pass through" the state with it on you concealed, but anytime you stop and get out your weapon must be "encased" and stored in the vehicle - like in a glove box or center console. At least that is my remembering of it.

Oh and grats to the first of you in Illinois to get your permits in hand.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:26:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Congrats!

Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, that is correct. Any time you exit your vehicle, you have to unload and lock it up. So in a locked container or in locked vehicle.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:27:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

lolololol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lolololol

You have to go to the Trib's page on Facebook and then just scroll down looking for the article. There is a pic of guns with it (duh!). No way to link directly to it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:27:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
ISP press conference today - link

I'm approved!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Yd01t07BERg/UxEgV1bqybI/AAAAAAAAG6U/rhJfIJOQYSM/s640/CCWapprovedsafe.jpg

Back story: Everyone (with or without fingerprints, they are not mandatory) was able to apply beginning 1/5. Early groups to test system (online app ONLY until this summer): instructors were able to apply 12/18. Non-instructors with prints were able to apply 1/2.

I'm in the 1/2 group.

Hot dang. In the mail. I'm waiting on my Utah permit. Curious to see which I will get first.

3/5 update: I have my CCL in hand.

First place I'll be carrying tonight is church - very appropriate given where Mary Shepherd was attacked.
View Quote

nice. hahaha Illinois Nazis!
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Yes, that is correct. Any time you exit your vehicle, you have to unload and lock it up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, that is correct. Any time you exit your vehicle, you have to unload and lock it up.
Well, that sucks.  At least people can now CCW in their cars when driving through that commie infested world,

Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:31:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You have to go to the Trib's page on Facebook and then just scroll down looking for the article. There is a pic of guns with it (duh!). No way to link directly to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lolololol

Theres a nice little article about home owners selling their house putting up the no guns sign in their windows for when people come to view their home they can't carry lol
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:33:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:33:33 PM EDT
[#32]
I like how they put the "Cancel My License" button on the page - perhaps hoping somebody accidentally clicks it?  

Congrats OP.  That smell?  It's Freedom
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I like how they put the "Cancel My License" button on the page - perhaps hoping somebody accidentally clicks it?  

Congrats OP.  That smell?  It's Freedom
View Quote

The ISP actually moved that cancel button. When it first showed up a couple of weeks ago, it was right under the "review my application" button. We bitched and they moved it to the other side of the screen!
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

9mm Shield I've had for a month (working out the kinks on shooting it) or a Bersa Thunder .380 (that I've had since last summer). I'll do appendix or a CCW purse. Appendix conceals very well on me, the Shield better than my Bersa.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once you get used to carrying, you feel naked without a gun on your hip.

Whats your EDC?

9mm Shield I've had for a month (working out the kinks on shooting it) or a Bersa Thunder .380 (that I've had since last summer). I'll do appendix or a CCW purse. Appendix conceals very well on me, the Shield better than my Bersa.

I'm rocking a shield 9mm courtesy of Easttxshooter.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Theres a nice little article about home owners selling their house putting up the no guns sign in their windows for when people come to view their home they can't carry lol
View Quote

Yeah, a bunch of libs are making a huge deal out of a bunch of stuff that's not necessary. And what if the realtor showing the house wants to carry?
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:39:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Feels good, don't it?
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Awesome OP. I am waiting for IL to start letting non-residents to get CCW. I will apply for mine when they do.
View Quote

I'm waiting for my UT permit (amazed IL got here before UT) so I can carry up in Cheeseland.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:39:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Feels good, don't it?
View Quote

Hell, yes!
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:40:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3/5 update: I have my CCL in hand.

First place I'll be carrying tonight is church - very appropriate given where Mary Shepherd was attacked.

Thank you, Mr. I heart Goose.

Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dan needs to be institutionalized  It will be safer for him and for us when he is.

Unfortunately, my application is still under review.  Applied 1/5 with no prints.  I live in Chicago.

Link Posted: 3/6/2014 4:20:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Congratulations guys!  I'm very happy for you.

NY is still behind the times.  I wish we had your permit-approval system.  But our Circuit Court ruled against us, and SCOTUS declined to take up the case (Kachalsky v Cacace).
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 4:27:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

No no no.  You're suppposed to go to WALMART first.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 4:29:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about those of us who refuse to step foot in a Walmart?
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 4:31:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Congrats! When I first got my permit I was very paranoid to carry...not because it was a gun; I was more concerned some dipshit would force me into a situation where I wouldn't have a choice but to defend myself

I've since gotten over that slightly irrational fear...

Quoted:
Congratulations guys!  I'm very happy for you.

NY is still behind the times.  I wish we had your permit-approval system.  But our Circuit Court ruled against us, and SCOTUS declined to take up the case (Kachalsky v Cacace).
View Quote

There is hope, don't give up yet. One day my home state will be free....
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 4:32:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Congrats OP.  Great feeling about not worrying about being a victim of the state.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 4:38:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Hell, yes!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Feels good, don't it?

Hell, yes!

You know I have been legally carrying for a quite a while and just about forgot just how excited I was when my plastic arrived in the mail.
I am glad for you and even though your state literally had to be heavily coerced to allow you this right and after seeing what a lot of people in Illinois and California and places like New York have to go through to carry I don't think I will ever be forgetting again just how important and fragile this right is.
Again the Illinois Nazi's must be fucking seething over this.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 4:39:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 5:12:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You'll soon have more holsters than you can imagine, honestly when i first started carrying i went through 5-6 IWb holsters until i found one that i liked.

Different guns require different holsters, just because a crossbreed super tuck worked for your G19, doesn't meant that a super tuck for your  G20 will be as comfortable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once you get used to carrying, you feel naked without a gun on your hip.

Whats your EDC?

You'll soon have more holsters than you can imagine, honestly when i first started carrying i went through 5-6 IWb holsters until i found one that i liked.

Different guns require different holsters, just because a crossbreed super tuck worked for your G19, doesn't meant that a super tuck for your  G20 will be as comfortable.

having carried a G19 and a G20 well duh a g20 is NEVER going to be as comfortable as a g19.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 5:15:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Hell, yes. And not just in Cook County. In CHICAGO. Both Lawn Dart (Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart) and McStreetlights (Chicago police superintendent aka chief Garry McCarthy who likes to shoot out street lights) are beside themselves. You should hear them talk in the media recently. It's as if law abiding citizens having their CCW is the end of the world. It will be VERY interesting the first time a black  or Hispanic man gets stopped and has a gun on him - and his CCW license - and was doing nothing wrong but being black. I had a couple of those guys in my CCW class. They live in somewhat sketchy areas and just want to protect themselves and their families.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait a minute. You mean common citizens can now ccw in Cook County? What wine with the crow I'm about to eat. Congratulations! That is truly a victory!

Hell, yes. And not just in Cook County. In CHICAGO. Both Lawn Dart (Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart) and McStreetlights (Chicago police superintendent aka chief Garry McCarthy who likes to shoot out street lights) are beside themselves. You should hear them talk in the media recently. It's as if law abiding citizens having their CCW is the end of the world. It will be VERY interesting the first time a black  or Hispanic man gets stopped and has a gun on him - and his CCW license - and was doing nothing wrong but being black. I had a couple of those guys in my CCW class. They live in somewhat sketchy areas and just want to protect themselves and their families.

I've known a few black shooters some are members here. there was a brotha in my ccw class years ago. people forget that most of the victims of black criminals are black people.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top