Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 5:17:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Rock on
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 5:20:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congrats OP.  Looking at USACarry, my MN CCW will allow me to carry in my vehicle but not on my person.

Can anyone confirm this to be true?
View Quote

Confirmed true. Same for Iowa. They will allow persons with permits from other states to "pass through" but if you stop and disembark your vehicle your weapon needs to be unloaded and encased. it will be curious to see, once you enter Cook County how many places will not have gun buster signs up. I am betting the numbers will be massive. The rest of the state will be pretty good to go though.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 5:21:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I actually have kydex holsters molded specifically for both my pistols, from The Well Armed Woman website. They've done a few things to make them less bulky for women. I love them. My Shield is VERY comfy to wear. That and my CCW purse and I'm good to go. I have a good solid gun belt, as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once you get used to carrying, you feel naked without a gun on your hip.

Whats your EDC?

9mm Shield I've had for a month (working out the kinks on shooting it) or a Bersa Thunder .380 (that I've had since last summer). I'll do appendix or a CCW purse. Appendix conceals very well on me, the Shield better than my Bersa.

You'll soon have more holsters than you can imagine, honestly when i first started carrying i went through 5-6 IWb holsters until i found one that i liked.

Different guns require different holsters, just because a crossbreed super tuck worked for your G19, doesn't meant that a super tuck for your  G20 will be as comfortable.

I actually have kydex holsters molded specifically for both my pistols, from The Well Armed Woman website. They've done a few things to make them less bulky for women. I love them. My Shield is VERY comfy to wear. That and my CCW purse and I'm good to go. I have a good solid gun belt, as well.

neat site:

http://www.thewellarmedwoman.com/holsters

I personal think this one and this one are neat:

Link Posted: 3/6/2014 5:23:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once you get used to carrying, you feel naked without a gun on your hip.

Whats your EDC?

9mm Shield I've had for a month (working out the kinks on shooting it) or a Bersa Thunder .380 (that I've had since last summer). I'll do appendix or a CCW purse. Appendix conceals very well on me, the Shield better than my Bersa.

You'll soon have more holsters than you can imagine, honestly when i first started carrying i went through 5-6 IWb holsters until i found one that i liked.

Different guns require different holsters, just because a crossbreed super tuck worked for your G19, doesn't meant that a super tuck for your  G20 will be as comfortable.

neat site:

http://www.thewellarmedwoman.com/holsters

I personal think this one and this one are neat:

http://www.thewellarmedwoman.com/image/cache/data/products/magills/ut-concealment-under-shorts-white-450x400.jpg

http://www.thewellarmedwoman.com/image/cache/data/products/looper/marilyn-draw-225x200.jpg

Do not carry small of the back. That is just asking for serious injury if you get into a scuffle, or even slip on the ice.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 5:24:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 5:38:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I've known a few black shooters some are members here. there was a brotha in my ccw class years ago. people forget that most of the victims of black criminals are black people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait a minute. You mean common citizens can now ccw in Cook County? What wine with the crow I'm about to eat. Congratulations! That is truly a victory!

Hell, yes. And not just in Cook County. In CHICAGO. Both Lawn Dart (Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart) and McStreetlights (Chicago police superintendent aka chief Garry McCarthy who likes to shoot out street lights) are beside themselves. You should hear them talk in the media recently. It's as if law abiding citizens having their CCW is the end of the world. It will be VERY interesting the first time a black  or Hispanic man gets stopped and has a gun on him - and his CCW license - and was doing nothing wrong but being black. I had a couple of those guys in my CCW class. They live in somewhat sketchy areas and just want to protect themselves and their families.

I've known a few black shooters some are members here. there was a brotha in my ccw class years ago. people forget that most of the victims of black criminals are black people.

I took an 8 hour class to get the Enhanced Endorsement that we have in MS.  There was a black dude in the class.  He had a crappy Jimenez/Lorcin/POS and the rest of us, more veteran shooters, advised him to get a better gun.  We sat around at lunch and let him handle 1911s, S&Ws, Glocks, Sigs, and whatever else I can't remember.  He was very appreciative of the advice as he was new to guns.  A couple of us gave him our cell phone numbers and invited him to go shooting before he made a decision.  
On the firing line, that Jamomatic showed its true colors.  After class, he said he was on his way to buy a Glock, right then.  I never did hear from him, but didn't see anything in the news about somebody getting Glock leg, so I guess it worked out.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 5:48:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Confirmed true. Same for Iowa. They will allow persons with permits from other states to "pass through" but if you stop and disembark your vehicle your weapon needs to be unloaded and encased. it will be curious to see, once you enter Cook County how many places will not have gun buster signs up. I am betting the numbers will be massive. The rest of the state will be pretty good to go though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Congrats OP.  Looking at USACarry, my MN CCW will allow me to carry in my vehicle but not on my person.

Can anyone confirm this to be true?

Wrong.

Iowa has universal recognition.  A valid permit from any state is valid here.  The only caveat is that Iowa residents may only carry with an Iowa permit.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 5:59:56 AM EDT
[#8]
It's sad that you got your IL CCP quicker than the average resident of Clark County NV gets their CCW and they have legal open carry and liberal concealed carry laws.  

I'm happy for you though.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 6:07:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Alright... That gives me hope.

Congrats!

NJ's turn next.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 6:10:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
ISP press conference today - link

I'm approved!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Yd01t07BERg/UxEgV1bqybI/AAAAAAAAG6U/rhJfIJOQYSM/s640/CCWapprovedsafe.jpg

Back story: Everyone (with or without fingerprints, they are not mandatory) was able to apply beginning 1/5. Early groups to test system (online app ONLY until this summer): instructors were able to apply 12/18. Non-instructors with prints were able to apply 1/2.

I'm in the 1/2 group.

Hot dang. In the mail. I'm waiting on my Utah permit. Curious to see which I will get first.

3/5 update: I have my CCL in hand.

First place I'll be carrying tonight is church - very appropriate given where Mary Shepherd was attacked.
View Quote

Any news on when they will be allowing out of state people to get IL permits?

Every truck driver in Indiana wants one.

Link Posted: 3/6/2014 6:13:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Any official list out with other states' reciprocity with IL?

Link Posted: 3/6/2014 6:13:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I predict hundreds of handgun deaths in the Chicago area this year.  I can give a better estimate once I check the number of handgun deaths (murders only) over the last five years.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 6:15:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Any official list out with other states' reciprocity with IL?

View Quote

Here is one source.   It may not be "official"

CCW Reciprocity
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 6:28:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I predict hundreds of handgun deaths in the Chicago area this year.  I can give a better estimate once I check the number of handgun deaths (murders only) over the last five years.
View Quote

Well one thing is sure.
Sooner or later the thug culture who have had it all their way in Chicago will try robbing someone with a CCW and get shot all to hell.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 6:38:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 6:39:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 6:43:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Congrats , Marie ....and everyone else that's getting their new CCWs , in Illinois and everywhere else

Quoted:

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer here:

http://www.redstate.com/diary/dloesch/2013/04/10/missouri-secretly-shares-entire-ccw-list-with-feds-against-state-law/
If I understand it correctly, the Missouri Highway Patrol asked for a list from the Missouri Department of Revenue of people who had paid for a Missouri CCW permit.  Once the Missouri Highway Patrol got that list of 185,000 names, they then turned it over to the Feds.
View Quote
Meh . . .
I'm on so many 'lists' now as it is , I dont let much of anything like that bother me now . There's just too much other BS to have to contend with these days

I've come to the conclusion that when the poop finally hits the prop , and the powers that be start doing round-ups and going full gestapo , I'll have probably already been pinched and popped

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top