Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 2:54:03 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

White napkins too.  Clearly racist.
View Quote

Every time he busts a nut, it's racism too.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 2:57:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a 365black.com that says they settle.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 3:02:36 AM EDT
[#3]
"You people"  offending others since 1866
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 3:14:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
California
View Quote

It's almost unbelievable that everyone has missed the real reason for the insanity which is this claim.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 3:18:19 AM EDT
[#5]
LOL  Some people.  Oops, that's racist.  Go fuck yourself.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 3:21:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's almost unbelievable that everyone has missed the real reason for the insanity which is this claim.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
California

More like you can sue anyone for just about everything. You may not win but the hassle means it's cheaper [in the short run] to settle a stupid suit then it is to fight it.

I like loser pays the entire cost of the trial and all  lawyer fees, especially if it's found to be without merit. [like this one]
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 3:24:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Fucking nonsense. How much money is this frivolous lawsuit going to cost McDonalds to hire PR people and lawyers to defend?

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2014 3:25:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In the Ghetto napkins, ketchup and other items are often behind the counter so they are not stolen, or taken by people who are not customers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Judge should rule in his favor and order McDonald's to give him one more napkin.

Yep.

Also, I thought McDonalds had napkins just kinda sitting in a dispenser near the drinks and ketchup?  What was stopping him from getting off his lazy ass and grabbing a few extra?

In the Ghetto napkins, ketchup and other items are often behind the counter so they are not stolen, or taken by people who are not customers.

+1
If the condiments are behind the counter, you don't want to be there.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 3:25:50 AM EDT
[#9]
How did I know that when I clicked on this thread, I'd discover that the man wasn't suing because he only got one napkin?

Link Posted: 2/28/2014 3:29:20 AM EDT
[#10]
His quarter pounder his rules.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 3:34:48 AM EDT
[#11]
A well selected jury will award him $5 million.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 3:35:13 AM EDT
[#12]
So that's why he can't work.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 3:35:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

More like you can sue anyone for just about everything. You may not win but the hassle means it's cheaper [in the short run] to settle a stupid suit then it is to fight it.

I like loser pays the entire cost of the trial and all  lawyer fees, especially if it's found to be without merit. [like this one]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
California

It just so happens that I know something about the legal system, having practiced law for decades.
There are certain states where ridiculous claims have some chance of success. California is one of those states. There are other states where a claim like this would never get to trial and where the attorney and client would be facing the prospect of paying the expenses incurred by the defense getting the case dismissed.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 3:37:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Without a warning on the cup, how are we to know it's hot enough to burn us?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
HAHA!   Thats funny...   Coffee burns, anyone?

Without a warning on the cup, how are we to know it's hot enough to burn us?

What if they printed a warning on the cup but it was in cursive?  Then what?
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 3:37:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It just so happens that I know something about the legal system, having practiced law for decades.
There are certain states where ridiculous claims have some chance of success. California is one of those states. There are other states where a claim like this would never get to trial and where the attorney and client would be facing the prospect of paying the expenses incurred by the defense getting the case dismissed.  
View Quote

There are?
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 3:38:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Is Jackie Chiles his lawyer?

Link Posted: 2/28/2014 3:39:32 AM EDT
[#17]
I went to Buffalo Wild Wings the other day and they didn't give us any napkins. That's worth about 10 million
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 3:43:13 AM EDT
[#18]
He wants $20k in go away money.

I also find it funny that he's accusing another minority of racism.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 3:46:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
He'll win.  Either a giant settlement, or the full lawsuit.
View Quote

No he wont.

He's hoping for a quickie settlement.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 5:56:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And yet, she still put hot coffee between her legs, yes?  Or was that false, as well?  Was a long time ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well I'm glad his coffee wasn't too hot.

How much did that women get?

I don't mean to pick nits with you, but supposedly during discovery it was revealed that Mickey Dee's HQ knew their coffee was too hot, and that their lids/cups were if-ey.  The reason behind them cranking up the heat on the coffee was so that the sit down and lobby areas would get filled with the smell of coffee, and they would sell more.

Also, AFAIK, the woman was burnt or scalded so bad  in or on her genitals that the burn treatment required scrubbing the dead skin off, I guess, on a daily basis.

Imagine taking a bristle brush to your nutsack, vigorously.  

After seeing her injuries on a different website, she deserved every dime.

Yeah, the herp and derp about this case in GD typically never fails through the years.
It was proved in court McDs. brewed their crappy, cheap beans 30-35 degrees hotter than recommended to extract max profit from them. McDonald's also knew that the extra profit would offset the occasional awards for 3rd degree burns caused by their willful  negligence and resulting lawsuits. IIRC, they initially offered her about $800. Also the usual claims of the "millions " she got was actually a fraction of the $400K +/- judgement after the lawyers took their cut.

And yet, she still put hot coffee between her legs, yes?  Or was that false, as well?  Was a long time ago.

Well said. She put a container of liquid known to be hot between her legs. If you put my gun to your leg and pull the trigger, and it fires sending a bullet through your leg, does her precedent give you cause to sue me because you didn't know the round would be that powerful?
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 6:16:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Good case for tort reform.

Want to bring a frivolous lawsuit? Ok...you lose...you pay the defense fees. Hope they didn't rack up a few hundred grand in attorney fees for your stupid lawsuit.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 7:43:31 AM EDT
[#22]
"And yet, she still put hot coffee between her legs, yes?  Or was that false, as well?  Was a long time ago.
Well said. She put a container of liquid known to be hot between her legs. If you put my gun to your leg and pull the trigger, and it fires sending a bullet through your leg, does her precedent give you cause to sue me because you didn't know the round would be that powerful?"

Another herp and derp analogy in bold about the hot coffee case.
Putting hot coffee between your legs or spilling it otherwise in a vehicle is a reasonable expectation by Mcds for customers in a drive thru or getting coffee to go. Their willful negligence toward their customers was a matter of degree-literally. They chose to serve coffee that will cause 3rd degree burns more readily (requiring hospitalization and skin grafts) in the interest of profits, rather than second degree burns which heal up fine. They chose to pay off the occasional burn patient as collateral damage and keep the profit per cup as high as possible.  

As far as the suit for not getting a napkin, the court should tell him to blow it out his ass.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 8:56:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well I'm glad his coffee wasn't too hot.

How much did that women get?

I don't mean to pick nits with you, but supposedly during discovery it was revealed that Mickey Dee's HQ knew their coffee was too hot, and that their lids/cups were if-ey.  The reason behind them cranking up the heat on the coffee was so that the sit down and lobby areas would get filled with the smell of coffee, and they would sell more.

Also, AFAIK, the woman was burnt or scalded so bad  in or on her genitals that the burn treatment required scrubbing the dead skin off, I guess, on a daily basis.

Imagine taking a bristle brush to your nutsack, vigorously.  

After seeing her injuries on a different website, she deserved every dime.

Yeah, the herp and derp about this case in GD typically never fails through the years.
It was proved in court McDs. brewed their crappy, cheap beans 30-35 degrees hotter than recommended to extract max profit from them. McDonald's also knew that the extra profit would offset the occasional awards for 3rd degree burns caused by their willful  negligence and resulting lawsuits. IIRC, they initially offered her about $800. Also the usual claims of the "millions " she got was actually a fraction of the $400K +/- judgement after the lawyers took their cut.

And the jury found her 20% negligent vs. McDs 80%. It was all moot as the judge threw out the multi million dollar award. It was settled out of court for less than $600 K. She asked for $20K at first for uncovered medical expenses and lost wages and Mcds countered with an $800 settlement.  At that point she found an attorney.

ETA:
It was a long time ago. Just found this in a search.
The trial judge reduced the final verdict to $640,000, and the parties settled for a confidential amount before an appeal was decided.

Link Posted: 2/28/2014 9:03:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
He'll win.  Either a giant settlement, or the full lawsuit.
View Quote

No, he won't.  McD's won't "win" either.  Nobody will get what they deserve.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
"And yet, she still put hot coffee between her legs, yes?  Or was that false, as well?  Was a long time ago.
Well said. She put a container of liquid known to be hot between her legs. If you put my gun to your leg and pull the trigger, and it fires sending a bullet through your leg, does her precedent give you cause to sue me because you didn't know the round would be that powerful?"

Putting hot coffee between your legs or spilling it otherwise in a vehicle is a reasonable expectation by Mcds for customers in a drive thru or getting coffee to go. Their willful negligence toward their customers was a matter of degree-literally. They chose to serve coffee that will cause 3rd degree burns more readily (requiring hospitalization and skin grafts) in the interest of profits, rather than second degree burns which heal up fine. They chose to pay off the occasional burn patient as collateral damage and keep the profit per cup as high as possible.  

As far as the suit for not getting a napkin, the court should tell him to blow it out his ass.
View Quote

They also knew they were serving it at too high of a temperature. I think their coffee was 190 degrees when it should be served at 160 degrees. I still would like to hear the explanation for why they did that. Nobody wants coffee that hot. It's like pouring boiling water in your mouth.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 9:19:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They also knew they were serving it at too high of a temperature. I think their coffee was 190 degrees when it should be served at 160 degrees. I still would like to hear the explanation for why they did that. Nobody wants coffee that hot. It's like pouring boiling water in your mouth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I recall it was to extract more "coffee" from their cheap beans and increase profit. Which is why a jury found them 80% willfully negligent for the damages  They claimed in court commuters like it that hot to last longer during their morning drive.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 9:22:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Some people need to be strapped to a missile test.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Went to a birthday present at a ChuckECheese's for my nieces. They had a row of coat hooks between the mens room and ladies room, and a short wall dividing this from the dining area. Two black families got into a fight over one man's perceived insult against the other's girlfriend. The girlfriend of the man who was losing the fight jumped in, got the other man in a headlock and tried to impale his head on a coat hook("treating" me to the sight of a breast larger than my ass in the process)

Manager came, faced them and said "You people need to leave."

Now, anyone with any sense would know he meant the 4-6 people involved, plus their children since they would need supervision. Yep, they turned it into a racial comment, saying "You need to say Keshia and her family, not you people. When you say You People I'm gnna take it the wrong way!".
Considering we had kids aged 1, 3 and 5 with us, we unassed the area quite quickly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Went to a birthday present at a ChuckECheese's for my nieces. They had a row of coat hooks between the mens room and ladies room, and a short wall dividing this from the dining area. Two black families got into a fight over one man's perceived insult against the other's girlfriend. The girlfriend of the man who was losing the fight jumped in, got the other man in a headlock and tried to impale his head on a coat hook("treating" me to the sight of a breast larger than my ass in the process)

Manager came, faced them and said "You people need to leave."

Now, anyone with any sense would know he meant the 4-6 people involved, plus their children since they would need supervision. Yep, they turned it into a racial comment, saying "You need to say Keshia and her family, not you people. When you say You People I'm gnna take it the wrong way!".
Considering we had kids aged 1, 3 and 5 with us, we unassed the area quite quickly.

There's your mistake.  You went to CEC.

Quoted:

I don't mean to pick nits with you, but supposedly during discovery it was revealed that Mickey Dee's HQ knew their coffee was too hot, and that their lids/cups were if-ey.

Yeah.  It's pretty interesting how misinformation gets passed around so much that people actually believe the misinformation and ignore the truth.  Kinda like how Liberals try to rewrite facts about guns...

looks like McDonald's has a lot of "specialty" sites - http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/websites.html.  They also have special sites for tweens, Hispanics, and Asians.  Although I couldn't get the "MeEncarta" one to load up

But yeah, sometimes people pull the 'racist!' card over anything.
I just saw a complaint on one of the retail sites I go to where the customer had an account get charged off.  He finally paid it off and wants them to erase the history from the credit report.   He claimed their refusal makes him feel "discriminated" against.   Cos... apparently it's racist to not erase valid credit history marks.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 9:42:54 AM EDT
[#29]
No, that's not why the man sued McDonald's.

Link Posted: 2/28/2014 9:55:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
McDonalds has made a new golden arch enemy -- a California man is suing the company for $1.5 MILLION ... because he says he only got ONE NAPKIN with his meal.

Webster Lucas claims he was stiffed on napkins at the Mickey D's in Pacoima, CA on January 29th -- after ordering a Quarter Pounder Deluxe -- and when he went up to the counter to ask for more, he was rudely rebuffed by the manager ... who insisted he already got some.

According to his lawsuit, Lucas -- who is black -- then retorted, "I should have went to eat at the Jack-in-the-Box because I didn't come here to argue over napkins. I came here to eat."

That's when Lucas says things got racist -- claiming the manager (a Mexican-American) mumbled something about "you people."

Lucas subsequently emailed the general manager to complain -- insisting he couldn't work because of the "undue mental anguish" he was suffering as a result of the napkin debacle -- and says he was insultingly offered free burgers in return.

Lucas wants to super size instead -- $1.5 million.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/27/mcdonalds-webster-lucas-napkin-lawsuit/#ixzz2ua1tHb00
View Quote

Considering that the gentleman is trying to sue for $1.5 million over a napkin, when he could've just went over by the drinks and grabbed as many as he could carry, seems that the manager was right.

ETA:
Quoted:

View Quote

I didn't know about this, but I am not surprised. thisiswhywecanthavenicethings.jpg
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 10:36:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What lawyer is going to represent this guy, given it's a percentage and a lot of court time.
View Quote

I'm guessing this guy is a jailhouse-type lawyer representing himself.  I can't believe a lawyer took this case.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Which one?  The idiot guy suing or the idiot guy that refuses to give napkins to customers?z
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a loser.

Which one?  The idiot guy suing or the idiot guy that refuses to give napkins to customers?z

Because the plaintiff couldn't possibly be making any of that up.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top