Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/27/2014 5:33:36 PM EDT
McDonalds has made a new golden arch enemy -- a California man is suing the company for $1.5 MILLION ... because he says he only got ONE NAPKIN with his meal.

Webster Lucas claims he was stiffed on napkins at the Mickey D's in Pacoima, CA on January 29th -- after ordering a Quarter Pounder Deluxe -- and when he went up to the counter to ask for more, he was rudely rebuffed by the manager ... who insisted he already got some.

According to his lawsuit, Lucas -- who is black -- then retorted, "I should have went to eat at the Jack-in-the-Box because I didn't come here to argue over napkins. I came here to eat."

That's when Lucas says things got racist -- claiming the manager (a Mexican-American) mumbled something about "you people."

Lucas subsequently emailed the general manager to complain -- insisting he couldn't work because of the "undue mental anguish" he was suffering as a result of the napkin debacle -- and says he was insultingly offered free burgers in return.

Lucas wants to super size instead -- $1.5 million.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/27/mcdonalds-webster-lucas-napkin-lawsuit/#ixzz2ua1tHb00
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:35:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Fucking nonsense. How much money is this frivolous lawsuit going to cost McDonalds to hire PR people and lawyers to defend?

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#2]
White napkins too.  Clearly racist.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#3]
What a loser.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Judge should rule in his favor and order McDonald's to give him one more napkin.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:37:50 PM EDT
[#6]
He'll win.  Either a giant settlement, or the full lawsuit.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:38:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:38:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you know why I am certain that this was in fact a racist act?  The one napkin that Lucas got was white.  Case closed.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:39:15 PM EDT
[#9]
If that gives you "undue mental anguish" you're off the fucking rails and probably would not have survived 100 years ago.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:39:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Bad pr he will win with a gag order in the deal
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If that gives you "undue mental anguish" you're off the fucking rails and probably would not have survived 100 years ago.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
McDonalds has made a new golden arch enemy -- a California man is suing the company for $1.5 MILLION ... because he says he only got ONE NAPKIN with his meal.

Webster Lucas claims he was stiffed on napkins at the Mickey D's in Pacoima, CA on January 29th -- after ordering a Quarter Pounder Deluxe -- and when he went up to the counter to ask for more, he was rudely rebuffed by the manager ... who insisted he already got some.

According to his lawsuit, Lucas -- who is black -- then retorted, "I should have went to eat at the Jack-in-the-Box because I didn't come here to argue over napkins. I came here to eat."

That's when Lucas says things got racist -- claiming the manager (a Mexican-American) mumbled something about "you people."

Lucas subsequently emailed the general manager to complain -- insisting he couldn't work because of the "undue mental anguish" he was suffering as a result of the napkin debacle -- and says he was insultingly offered free burgers in return.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/27/mcdonalds-webster-lucas-napkin-lawsuit/#ixzz2ua1tHb00
View Quote

MY RIGHTS MY RIGHTS!
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Mr. Lucas doesn't understand.  "You people" means greedy, entitled, selfish, scumbag motherfuckers who would try to steal--YES, THIS IS THEFT, money from a functioning business through misrepresentation and twisting the judicial process.

So, um, yeah, "You people" doesn't mean what you are trying to say it meant.

Rot in hell with your scumbag lawyers.

TC
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Judge should rule in his favor and order McDonald's to give him one more napkin.
View Quote

I could live with that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#15]
In college, I worked a graveyard shift waiting at IHOP (easily the worst job ever). I was trained by a nice black woman. One of the very first things she told me was to always give the black customers extra napkins because if you don't, they'll ask. What do you know, my experience showed she was right.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I hope he gets the whole napkin dispenser that he could have walked over to in the first fucking place.    Dumbass!
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What a loser.
View Quote

Which one?  The idiot guy suing or the idiot guy that refuses to give napkins to customers?z
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:44:45 PM EDT
[#18]
In what law book does "you people" always mean black?
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Protected class.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I bet he has Larry H. Parker representing him.

Larry's Motto is " I'll Fight for You" then he points his finger towards you showing off all his Golden Jewish Rings.

Shit he even has his own Youtube Channel  Larry's You Tube Channel
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#21]
sounds like no matter what the manager said he was going to complain.

in my world that's called an "entitlement whore"
especially with the "undue mental anguish" of having a worker tell him "no"
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:45:55 PM EDT
[#23]
If I were McDonalds I would send $1.5 million worth of fucking napkins to his door with a free double quarter pounder meal with a side of shut the fuck up.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#24]
I had a fried tex mex pie tonight.

They didn't include any cheese or sour cream.

How much do you think that is worth?
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:47:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Two napkins.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:47:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you black?

Yes - $1.5 Million
No - Nothing, you racist.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#27]
This guy needs to slip on a condom full of brown recluse spiders and have sex with a jar of mayonnaise until his penis looks like a PayDay bar.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:55:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Decades old turf war between Mexicans and Blacks.

Mexican manager was telling the black customer to get the hell off of Latino turf.

Mexicans will do the same to whites. They will run to the back of the restaurant and hide until you give up and leave.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Isn't there a seperate counter that has all that stuff or is this McD's having napkin thefts so they keep them behind the counter?
Give the guy 1.5 million napkins.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#33]
loser hangs
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.

Also, I thought McDonalds had napkins just kinda sitting in a dispenser near the drinks and ketchup?  What was stopping him from getting off his lazy ass and grabbing a few extra?

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I bet he has Larry H. Parker representing him.

Larry's Motto is " I'll Fight for You" then he points his finger towards you showing off all his Golden Jewish Rings.

Shit he even has his own Youtube Channel  Larry's You Tube Channel
View Quote

Seems a little "You People"ish.

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Every time I go through a drive through, they always give me zero napkins.  Good thing I took like 50 napkins to keep in my glove box for emergencies such as this.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:31:02 PM EDT
[#37]
"insisting he couldn't work because of the "undue mental anguish"

What does he do when his wife tells him no?
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Fucking nonsense. How much money is this frivolous lawsuit going to cost McDonalds to hire PR people and lawyers to defend?

View Quote

And society pays.

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#39]
What lawyer is going to represent this guy, given it's a percentage and a lot of court time.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Yep.

Also, I thought McDonalds had napkins just kinda sitting in a dispenser near the drinks and ketchup?  What was stopping him from getting off his lazy ass and grabbing a few extra?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

In the Ghetto napkins, ketchup and other items are often behind the counter so they are not stolen, or taken by people who are not customers.

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

What attorney would take that case?
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
In the Ghetto napkins, ketchup and other items are often behind the counter so they are not stolen, or taken by people who are not customers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

They must keep the Fathers Day Cards behind the counter as well. I drove through the hood on Father's Day last year and stopped at three stores to buy a FD card. There were none to be found.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#43]

Did anyone post a pic of Saul Goodman yet?

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

The one in the Wal-Mart closest to my house keeps both the napkins and straws behind the counter. This particular Wal-Mart is close to both the ghetto and a lot of apartment complexes which cater to college students. If they didn't keep them behind the counter, you can guarantee they'd go through both at an alarming rate.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:49:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
In what law book does "you people" always mean black?
View Quote

Went to a birthday present at a ChuckECheese's for my nieces. They had a row of coat hooks between the mens room and ladies room, and a short wall dividing this from the dining area. Two black families got into a fight over one man's perceived insult against the other's girlfriend. The girlfriend of the man who was losing the fight jumped in, got the other man in a headlock and tried to impale his head on a coat hook("treating" me to the sight of a breast larger than my ass in the process)

Manager came, faced them and said "You people need to leave."

Now, anyone with any sense would know he meant the 4-6 people involved, plus their children since they would need supervision. Yep, they turned it into a racial comment, saying "You need to say Keshia and her family, not you people. When you say You People I'm gnna take it the wrong way!".
Considering we had kids aged 1, 3 and 5 with us, we unassed the area quite quickly.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This guy needs to slip on a condom full of brown recluse spiders and have sex with a jar of mayonnaise until his penis looks like a PayDay bar.
View Quote

A master wordsmith of the English language right here.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:54:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Piece of shit.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

Makes sense.

I also don't eat in the ghetto.

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#50]
I wouldn't be opposed to a judge walking down to the man, slapping him across the face and ruling in McD's favor.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top