BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 280
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 3:53:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like President V.V.Putin is looking to calm things down: I can take Kiev in two weeks, Vladimir Putin warns European leaders.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Looks like President V.V.Putin is looking to calm things down: I can take Kiev in two weeks, Vladimir Putin warns European leaders.

...Vladimir Putin has boasted to European leaders that his forces could sweep into Kiev in two weeks if he wanted.

The Russian president reportedly made the threat to the European Commission president during talks on the Ukraine crisis.

Mr Putin told Jose Manuel Barroso: “If I want to, I can take Kiev in two weeks,” Italy’s La Repubblica newspaper reported, implying this could be the result if the EU stepped up sanctions against Russia.

His comments, relayed by Mr Barroso to colleagues at last weekend’s EU summit, emerged as Nato announced it would build a new “spearhead” rapid reaction force of up to 4,000 troops that can be flown into eastern Europe in 48 hours to respond to possible Russian aggression....

That was cringe-worthy. I wonder if he thought to himself "Fuck, why did I just say that?", after the interview was over.

I think this kind of high-lights what I hinted at in my other post.

Had Putin orchestrated this entire debacle, he would have been sitting there acting like he is the coolest guy on earth, just like he usually does.

Instead he is looking a bit worn out and letting his emotions get the better of him.

It will take ALOT of "shirtless lion taming" to come back from this one.

I just hope he doesn't really flip out...
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 4:57:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Russia and NATO square off over Ukraine

" Russia declared NATO a major "threat" on Tuesday after the Western military alliance announced plans to reinforce defences in eastern Europe because of the Kremlin's perceived stoking of war in Ukraine.

Moscow's surprise declaration of a shift in its military doctrine came just ahead of a NATO summit in Wales on Thursday at which beleaguered Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko will lobby US President Barack Obama for military support."

AP Analysis: Putin digs in for a long Ukraine Fight

"The West has accused Russia of sharply escalating the conflict by sending regular army units into Ukraine after months of covert assistance to the rebellion and has threatened more sanctions.

Putin's apparent response is: What you call a Russian invasion is nothing compared to what we could do and all options are on the table. The Kremlin's halfhearted denial of Putin's warning that Moscow could seize the Ukrainian capital in two weeks if it wished, which he reportedly made to European Commission chief Jose Manuel Barroso last week, only reinforced the signal that Russia will not back off.

Putin's comment last week emphasizing Russia's nuclear arsenal appeared to send the same tough message to the West: Don't mess with us."

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:03:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That was cringe-worthy. I wonder if he thought to himself "Fuck, why did I just say that?", after the interview was over.

Had Putin orchestrated this entire debacle, he would have been sitting there acting like he is the coolest guy on earth, just like he usually does.

Instead he is looking a bit worn out and letting his emotions get the better of him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...Vladimir Putin has boasted to European leaders that his forces could sweep into Kiev in two weeks if he wanted.

The Russian president reportedly made the threat to the European Commission president during talks on the Ukraine crisis.

Mr Putin told Jose Manuel Barroso: “If I want to, I can take Kiev in two weeks,” Italy’s La Repubblica newspaper reported, implying this could be the result if the EU stepped up sanctions against Russia.

His comments, relayed by Mr Barroso to colleagues at last weekend’s EU summit, emerged as Nato announced it would build a new “spearhead” rapid reaction force of up to 4,000 troops that can be flown into eastern Europe in 48 hours to respond to possible Russian aggression....

The west has to do something so they are cobbling together the response force and Vlad has to say something so he told them he isn't really interested in a millitary assault on E Europe else they would noticed Kiev would be a smoking heap by now. Talks are most likely pretty close now unless someone stirs the pot.The EU will most likely force Porky's hand into a deal he doesn't like but will have to deal with. If winter hits the Uks will crumble without massive support.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I have to disagree, in part. I think this whole situation has been brewing a lot longer than Putin has been around.
The Russian government and the way it has conducted itself is to blame for this mess.

Here is my view...

A few things to get out of the way first:
- Russians are native to the area in question, they did not invade or immigrate there (the professional soldiers that showed up later are a different story of course).
- They have ALWAYS been there, because the place that is now called the Ukraine is where Russia and Russians literally came from (along with Poles, Ukrainians, Belorussians).
- Ethnic Russians were not planted there, or any of the other crazy theories that have been thrown around.

This is easily verifiable in any text discussing Russian, Ukrainian or even Polish history.

So now comes the fun part.
- The people in the region got along for the most part, but despite the fact that Ukrainians and Russians are more or less identical, there is a lingering hostility from some horrible things that were done (mostly by Russia).
- Both the Russian and Ukrainian people living on this land believe it is their cultural heritage and it is. Just not one or the other, IMO.
- USSR collapses. Russia brokers a deal to establish a commonwealth of states. It was a lopsided deal that gave the Ukraine an illusion of independence, they did not agree to the deal in full.
- Russia likely did this because, extra bodies and regional stability were resources of significant importance, especially after the collapse of the USSR.
- This was a huge gamble and it understandably worried the ethnic Russians in the region. This was somewhat like the fall of apartheid in some ways.
- The Russians were comforted by the fact that the region was controlled by a blatant puppet government.
- Thus the lands owned by Russians for thousands of years were not in any real jeopardy.

Now things go to shit, or improve depending on your view-point.
- Ukraine has a revolt and ousts the Russian run puppet government.
- Ukrainians want revenge and they tend to be even more hot-headed than the Russians.
- Ethnic Russians are now in a panic, as are pro-Russian Ukrainians.
- Many people both Russian and Ukrainian without ties to the land (owned property) and means (money) flee back to Russia.
- The ethnic Russians and some pro-Russian Ukrainians that are left there begin their own revolt. There where plenty of tools (arms) laying around to do the job.
- The pro-Russian revolutionaries cry out for help from Russia, the Russian media paints a very grim picture of the situation.
- The people back in Russia, some of whom have relatives in the region or believe the region is Russia's cultural heritage are more than supportive.
- Putin is now shitting his pants, because he has to deal with this situation any way he can, not only to secure Russian interests but to retain "support of the people" (if you can call it that).
- Putin and Russian government begin sneaking arms and troops across the border.
- You all know the rest.

I am not sure what the best course of action is mainly because:
- What does Russia gain by taking over the Ukraine, besides being able to keep their gas lines from being tapped from time to time?
- What does the West gain from chasing Russia from the Ukraine, since the gas is coming from Russia and just the pipes pass through the Ukraine?
- What was the actual threat to the ethnic Russians?
- Did the the new Ukrainian government threaten to take their land?
- Did the Russian government tell the ethnic Russians that they would lose their land or worse, in order to use them as pawns?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The heavy handed violence of the Putin puppet government was absolutely the fault of Putin and Russia.

I have to disagree, in part. I think this whole situation has been brewing a lot longer than Putin has been around.
The Russian government and the way it has conducted itself is to blame for this mess.

Here is my view...

A few things to get out of the way first:
- Russians are native to the area in question, they did not invade or immigrate there (the professional soldiers that showed up later are a different story of course).
- They have ALWAYS been there, because the place that is now called the Ukraine is where Russia and Russians literally came from (along with Poles, Ukrainians, Belorussians).
- Ethnic Russians were not planted there, or any of the other crazy theories that have been thrown around.

This is easily verifiable in any text discussing Russian, Ukrainian or even Polish history.

So now comes the fun part.
- The people in the region got along for the most part, but despite the fact that Ukrainians and Russians are more or less identical, there is a lingering hostility from some horrible things that were done (mostly by Russia).
- Both the Russian and Ukrainian people living on this land believe it is their cultural heritage and it is. Just not one or the other, IMO.
- USSR collapses. Russia brokers a deal to establish a commonwealth of states. It was a lopsided deal that gave the Ukraine an illusion of independence, they did not agree to the deal in full.
- Russia likely did this because, extra bodies and regional stability were resources of significant importance, especially after the collapse of the USSR.
- This was a huge gamble and it understandably worried the ethnic Russians in the region. This was somewhat like the fall of apartheid in some ways.
- The Russians were comforted by the fact that the region was controlled by a blatant puppet government.
- Thus the lands owned by Russians for thousands of years were not in any real jeopardy.

Now things go to shit, or improve depending on your view-point.
- Ukraine has a revolt and ousts the Russian run puppet government.
- Ukrainians want revenge and they tend to be even more hot-headed than the Russians.
- Ethnic Russians are now in a panic, as are pro-Russian Ukrainians.
- Many people both Russian and Ukrainian without ties to the land (owned property) and means (money) flee back to Russia.
- The ethnic Russians and some pro-Russian Ukrainians that are left there begin their own revolt. There where plenty of tools (arms) laying around to do the job.
- The pro-Russian revolutionaries cry out for help from Russia, the Russian media paints a very grim picture of the situation.
- The people back in Russia, some of whom have relatives in the region or believe the region is Russia's cultural heritage are more than supportive.
- Putin is now shitting his pants, because he has to deal with this situation any way he can, not only to secure Russian interests but to retain "support of the people" (if you can call it that).
- Putin and Russian government begin sneaking arms and troops across the border.
- You all know the rest.

It IS clear that we are witnessing an "Obama foreign policy disaster."  However, that disaster is that he is not meeting the Russian aggression with more muscularity and leadership.

I am not sure what the best course of action is mainly because:
- What does Russia gain by taking over the Ukraine, besides being able to keep their gas lines from being tapped from time to time?
- What does the West gain from chasing Russia from the Ukraine, since the gas is coming from Russia and just the pipes pass through the Ukraine?
- What was the actual threat to the ethnic Russians?
- Did the the new Ukrainian government threaten to take their land?
- Did the Russian government tell the ethnic Russians that they would lose their land or worse, in order to use them as pawns?

This seems like a pretty good, neutral analysis of the situation.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Kind of sad that Russia thinks it would take them two weeks to reach Kiev. Their goals were once much more worthy; "The Rhine in seven days". Now that was a goal worthy of bragging about.

Ukraine didn't even have a functional military when this shit started, and Putin expects two-weeks of fighting to reach Kiev?

At least Putin has realistic expectations of the Russian military.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:33:11 PM EDT
[#6]
We need to start giving Ukraine anti-tank missiles to counter any armor advance the Russians have.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The Kremlin's halfhearted denial of Putin's warning that Moscow could seize the Ukrainian capital in two weeks if it wished, which he reportedly made to European Commission chief Jose Manuel Barroso last week, only reinforced the signal that Russia will not back off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The Kremlin's halfhearted denial of Putin's warning that Moscow could seize the Ukrainian capital in two weeks if it wished, which he reportedly made to European Commission chief Jose Manuel Barroso last week, only reinforced the signal that Russia will not back off.

I doubt it was half hearted. More like "Hey, uh this guy guy is kind of going nuts, so uh... like um... yup. (shit i hope i dont get disapeared for this.)".

Quoted:
Talks are most likely pretty close now unless someone stirs the pot.The EU will most likely force Porky's hand into a deal he doesn't like but will have to deal with. If winter hits the Uks will crumble without massive support.

I hope you are right!

Quoted:
They would noticed Kiev would be a smoking heap by now..

Slaughtering all those Ukrainians without convincing the Russian public that they had to do it to prevent them from going all "third reich" on ethnic Russians, would not go over well. Not well at all.

Case in point, my folks used to think Putin was a pretty witty and funny guy, now they think he is a nut that is going to get alot of good people killed. I agree.

jestice75
This seems like a pretty good, neutral analysis of the situation.

I was not trying to be neutral. That is honestly the way I see it, I am not sure what is right in this situation. All I know is the Russian government has f*cked up yet again and as always it is the regular folks going about their daily lives that will pay.

Your avatar is hilarious! It would be even better if he was squatting in front of a shoddy looking apartment building with a can of Jaguar next to him LOL!
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:52:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Do the Ukrainians have any Kornet ATGMs or something similar? If so and if they plan properly, they could wreak havoc on any Russian armored invasion. They need to tunnel in like Hezbollah did in Lebanon during the 2006 war with numerous entries/exits where they can just pop up, fire, then move to another position.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The heavy handed violence of the Putin puppet government was absolutely the fault of Putin and Russia.

It IS clear that we are witnessing an "Obama foreign policy disaster."  However, that disaster is that he is not meeting the Russian aggression with more muscularity and leadership.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember the opening ceremony of the Olympics Bob Costa immediately blamed Russia for the maidan violence and condemned Putin in his own country.  Don't hear so mich from state  run media now that its clear this is another Obama admin foreign policy disaster

Thats where you come in

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thats where you come in

http://i.imgur.com/u6wmRj0l.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember the opening ceremony of the Olympics Bob Costa immediately blamed Russia for the maidan violence and condemned Putin in his own country.  Don't hear so mich from state  run media now that its clear this is another Obama admin foreign policy disaster

Thats where you come in

http://i.imgur.com/u6wmRj0l.jpg

Ok, that was funny.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thats where you come in
View Quote

They will likely make him a "prefect" after this, if they have not done so already.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Do the Ukrainians have any Kornet ATGMs or something similar? If so and if they plan properly, they could wreak havoc on any Russian armored invasion. They need to tunnel in like Hezbollah did in Lebanon during the 2006 war with numerous entries/exits where they can just pop up, fire, then move to another position.
View Quote

They have a butt-load of RPG 16/18/22/26  and AT-4/AT-5. They also have a domestically produced ATGM, Skif, which is supposed to be similar to an mid-gen TOW.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#13]
What they likely need (though I haven't read anything either way) is help setting up effective communications networks, running logistics, that sort of thing. The boring stuff that actually wins wars.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:43:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What they likely need (though I haven't read anything either way) is help setting up effective communications networks, running logistics, that sort of thing. The boring stuff that actually wins wars.
View Quote

Their logisitics aren't a problem for the Ukrainians, aside from running out of stuff.  

Both sides are suffering from Comm issues.  

Russia has an edge in their ability to shoot down most anything in the air.

But then, they can't shoot down everything....

Entire Company of Russian Airborne Troops Wiped Out

Putin is still denying that he has regular troops in Ukraine.  He's tossing away his war dead's bodies as if they were dead hamsters.  Eventually, his people are going to get pissed.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:35:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Kind of sad that Russia thinks it would take them two weeks to reach Kiev. Their goals were once much more worthy; "The Rhine in seven days". Now that was a goal worthy of bragging about.

Ukraine didn't even have a functional military when this shit started, and Putin expects two-weeks of fighting to reach Kiev?

At least Putin has realistic expectations of the Russian military.
View Quote

I think he ment doing it by himself.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:19:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Their logisitics aren't a problem for the Ukrainians, aside from running out of stuff.  

Putin is still denying that he has regular troops in Ukraine.  He's tossing away his war dead's bodies as if they were dead hamsters.  Eventually, his people are going to get pissed.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now the site of the newspaper is not available, but the material is still  available  in the cache. Fragments negotiations  publishes  Slon.ru

Materials with a breakdown of the negotiations appeared in the new issue of "Pskov Province" 2 September. Publisher of the newspaper is Leo Schlosberg, member of the local legislative assembly from the "Yabloko" party. On condition of anonymity, he was given the recording between active military personnel of this division. "Pskov Province" believes that there is no reason to doubt the authenticity of the records.

According to the negotiation of two soldiers allegedly 76 Pskov Airborne Division, from the entire company was able to survive only about a dozen soldiers - killed about 70 soldiers. Among the dead was Leonid Kichatkin, whose tomb was found in the cemetery of the village Vybuty near Pskov on 25 August. According to sources, the death toll could be higher - up to 140 people - as it was not the regular units, but the specially-equipped.

"Voice 2: So wait, watch, b ..., as it is now to figure out who the living who are dead?

Voice 1: Lists. Well, there's a man in the list of ten of us left alive. Seeded so I remember when we were leaving there, drove through the field, I saw seeded. On the 7th he or 8th. They are all together with the fight, they were the second company of "

http://tvrain.ru/articles/pskovskaja_gubernija_soobschila_o_gibeli_roty_desantnikov_v_ukraine-374888/
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:43:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Well well well,

http://www.voanews.com/content/russia-ukraine-putin-poroshenko/2436846.html

Who woulda guessed?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:50:14 AM EDT
[#18]
...Poroshenko's office first said Wednesday the two leaders agreed in a phone conversation on a "permanent cease-fire."  But his office revised that statement to say mutual understanding was reached on steps that will contribute to establishing peace, without giving any details...
View Quote

Interesting. Need to see more details on this...
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:33:06 AM EDT
[#19]
What is this aircraft?

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#20]
KA50

Here is a link for overview.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamov_Ka-50
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:37:12 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Looks like a Ka-50 or Ka-52.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:38:24 AM EDT
[#22]
daniel szeligowski @dszeligowski  ·  2h
Did Russia Today editors forgot that the enemy never sleeps?

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:55:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
KA50

Here is a link for overview.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamov_Ka-50
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:09:14 AM EDT
[#24]
The ‘Putin Plan’ for settling the conflict in Ukraine

http://eng.kremlin.ru/news/22899
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#25]
BBC Breaking News ?@BBCBreaking  3m
France says conditions "not right" to deliver first of two Mistral assault navy ships to Russia

No Shit
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:02:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
France says conditions "not right" to deliver first of two Mistral assault navy ships to Russia

No Shit

View Quote

No shit?  This must be related to the Summit.

Well, it's official.  Russia has managed to get NATO cooperating and on the same sheet of music better than any other single effort in the past 20 years.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:10:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Patrick Wintour ?@patrickwintour  2h
MT Elaborate British plans to stop Obama  prevaricating by playing golf during Nato summit.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Well, it's official.  Russia has managed to get NATO cooperating and on the same sheet of music better than any other single effort in the past 20 years.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No Shit

Once the conference is over, France will resume building the ships for Russia.   Plus, it seems that ISIS is stealing the show.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:09:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Patrick Wintour ?@patrickwintour  2h
MT Elaborate British plans to stop Obama  prevaricating by playing golf during Nato summit.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwnCbREIgAA_sBQ.jpg
View Quote

Is that an ASCOD SV? Neat!
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:22:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am sure that Russia is the one to do all the monitoring, supply and reconstruction straight from the goodness of their hearts.
Fuck Putin. That crazy motherfucker needs a bullet in the back of his head.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:27:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I am sure that Russia is the one to do all the monitoring, supply and reconstruction straight from the goodness of their hearts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

jesus. What did Putin ever do to you?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:27:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

double tap
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Just saw a clip of the fighting around the Donestk airport, interesting was the use of an R/C octocopter for recon.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:46:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Started a conflict in Eastern Europe that will in all probability lead to the end of NATO and drag the US into a European war that destroy's the world's economy?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm gonna guess the real bitter pill is yet to come for the Uks unless some back room deals go off.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
...Poroshenko's office first said Wednesday the two leaders agreed in a phone conversation on a "permanent cease-fire."  But his office revised that statement to say mutual understanding was reached on steps that will contribute to establishing peace, without giving any details...

That's easy.

They agreed to a cease fire, but then Putin remembered that he was telling everyone that there were zero Russian soldiers in Ukraine, so according to that lie, he was in no position to be involved in a "cease fire."

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:49:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Just saw a clip of the fighting around the Donestk airport, interesting was the use of an R/C octocopter for recon.
View Quote

link to video?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Started a conflict in Eastern Europe that will in all probability lead to the end of NATO and drag the US into a European war that destroy's the world's economy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He didn't start the conflict. He paid off the Uks politicians fair and square.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#40]
How long can Russia keep insisting that there are no Russian troops in Ukraine?

How many Russian tanks are in Ukraine?

How many SS-21's does Ukraine still have?

How many Russian soldiers have been killed so far?

How many OSCE observers are in Mariupol?

I think there's a formula.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the problem.  

When a dishonorable and duplicitous liar pays off another dishonorable and duplicitous liar, sometimes things don't work our so well.

Corruption and incompetence go hand in hand in many cases.  It breeds a dim-witted laziness commonly found in the ranks of Socialists and big city, Municipal employees.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That's the problem.  

When a dishonorable and duplicitous liar pays off another dishonorable and duplicitous liar, sometimes things don't work our so well.

Corruption and incompetence go hand in hand in many cases.  It breeds a dim-witted laziness commonly found in the ranks of Socialists and big city, Municipal employees.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the problem.  

No wonder the EU wanted to cut in on the deal so bad!
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:13:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now the site of the newspaper is not available, but the material is still  available  in the cache. Fragments negotiations  publishes  Slon.ru

Materials with a breakdown of the negotiations appeared in the new issue of "Pskov Province" 2 September. Publisher of the newspaper is Leo Schlosberg, member of the local legislative assembly from the "Yabloko" party. On condition of anonymity, he was given the recording between active military personnel of this division. "Pskov Province" believes that there is no reason to doubt the authenticity of the records.

According to the negotiation of two soldiers allegedly 76 Pskov Airborne Division, from the entire company was able to survive only about a dozen soldiers - killed about 70 soldiers. Among the dead was Leonid Kichatkin, whose tomb was found in the cemetery of the village Vybuty near Pskov on 25 August. According to sources, the death toll could be higher - up to 140 people - as it was not the regular units, but the specially-equipped.

"Voice 2: So wait, watch, b ..., as it is now to figure out who the living who are dead?

Voice 1: Lists. Well, there's a man in the list of ten of us left alive. Seeded so I remember when we were leaving there, drove through the field, I saw seeded. On the 7th he or 8th. They are all together with the fight, they were the second company of "

http://tvrain.ru/articles/pskovskaja_gubernija_soobschila_o_gibeli_roty_desantnikov_v_ukraine-374888/

Schlosberg? He must be related to the poor bastards that got stuck there. Being a German in Russia got progressively shittier after my family left around the turn of the century.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:05:53 PM EDT
[#44]
He's Jewish rather than of German ancestory
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:53:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Once the conference is over, France will resume building the ships for Russia.   Plus, it seems that ISIS is stealing the show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No Shit

Bah. The Mistrals were a momentary lapse in judgement. Now Russia can go back to working on updated Moskva-class heli-carriers.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:01:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
He's Jewish rather than of German ancestory
View Quote

Mutually exclusive, mein Führer?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:22:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Bah. The Mistrals were a momentary lapse in judgement. Now Russia can go back to working on updated Moskva-class heli-carriers.

http://i59.tinypic.com/n6oymv.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No Shit

Kiev class still around?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:24:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Kiev class still around?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No Shit

Kiev class still around?

No.  One or two were turned into casinos after being studied by China, and another was converted into something more like a Kuznetsov class and placed into Indian service.  I think the fourth was just scrapped.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 1:43:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Spoon meet pot.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2014/09/03/hours-after-russia-succeeds-with-cease-fire-u-s-military-heads-to-ukraine/
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 6:40:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Spoon meet pot.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2014/09/03/hours-after-russia-succeeds-with-cease-fire-u-s-military-heads-to-ukraine/
View Quote

Yes, because Russian "Separatists" have actually "ceased" fire...

Page / 280
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top