BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 280
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:18:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yup, ban people who disagree with you.  The *new* American way!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Russian "30 Ruble Army" trolls on arf? Time for mods to start banning state propagandists!

No, that would be the Russian commie way. Hence, you will not be banned by the state.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:20:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

it's like deja vu all over again- Yogi Berra
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Russian "30 Ruble Army" trolls on arf? Time for mods to start banning state propagandists!

it's like deja vu all over again- Yogi Berra

Yeah, like when the commies did it. Oh that's right, they still do it and then they label you a foreign agent and fucking arrest you on trumped up bullshit. Go Russia, though right?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:20:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ok, half Russian and half Croat? God forbid, maybe half Croat and half Serb? Either one would work and explain your tendencies.
View Quote

I am 100% Russian (according to my folks anyway).

Please explain my tendencies.
Predict my actions.
Pretend to understand my druthers.
Drown me in a barrage of your preconceived notions.

For I was born on the bad-guys team, even though I raised my hand REALLY FUCKING HIGH to be on the good guys team.

Alot of you guys are just plain nuts. From the "kill em all dipshits" to the creepy "da i troll americanitz for couple rubles comrade", thank you for making the world a little shittier for everyone.

Sorry if I come of as a bit dramatic, but the cold war was a pretty shitty time for me and it looks like it is coming back.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:29:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Euromaidanpr says that they were trying to breakout and the commander is to blame.

https://plus.google.com/+EuroMaidanPR/posts
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fears of massacre after accusations Russians reneged on safe passage for Ukrainian forces

Ukrainian forces said pro-Putin forces went back on a promise to allow them to leave encircled town

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/11066256/Fears-of-massacre-after-accusations-Russians-reneged-on-safe-passage-for-Ukrainian-forces.html

Ukrainian volunteer battalions claim "hundreds" of their men have been killed and dozens taken prisoner after pro-Russian forces reneged on an agreement to allow them to withdraw from a besieged town 20 miles east of Donetsk. The losses came during attempts to withdraw from Ilovaisk, a town of southeast of Donetsk where a Ukrainian force had been surrounded for more than 10 days.

Following days of intense fighting and repeated failures to relieve the trapped troops, the Ukrainian government announced it would surrender the town on Saturday, under a deal that would allow them to withdraw through a so-called "green corridor." But Ukrainian troops who escaped the encirclement yesterday said that pro-Russian forces had reneged on the agreement, firing on them as they tried to escape.

http://media.giphy.com/media/10wuTDLxgXIuuQ/giphy.gif

Euromaidanpr says that they were trying to breakout and the commander is to blame.

Euromaidan PR
Shared publicly  -  7:00 AM
#RussiainvadedUkraine

COMMANDERS ARE TO BLAME FOR THE DEATH OF THE COLUMN NEAR ILOVAYSK

Few details have been clarified of yesterday's execution of Ukrainian volunteers, retreating near Ilovaysk. Recall that Putin instructed to shoot Ukrainian volunteers, not soldiers. Kremlin considers Ukrainian volunteers as criminals. Interestingly, on the Russia's side  - volunteers are the one fighting - formally, even drafted soldiers sign a contract before entering the invasion to Ukraine. But for Kremlin - their own volunteers are heroes, while Ukrainian – are criminals.

Yesterday ATO forces under Ilovaisk received an ultimatum to transfer weapons to Russians to withdraw from the besieged city. However, the commanders, headed by General Homchak, rejected the ultimatum and decided to breakout. Meanwhile, no support was provided for a breakthrough.

In the process of breaking out of the encirclement, Ukrainian soldiers came under the volley fire of Russians. As a result, one column was forced to take a defensive perimeter in the open area, and the other was destroyed. Hundreds injured among the ATO fighters.

As a result, no machinery can be recovered anyway but the loss of men is massive. But the generals entertained their ambitions by rejecting the ultimatum.

CNSD continues to brazenly understate the casualty figures: yesterday it announced 765 killed in the entire operation. Given their usual rate of underreporting losses, we can talk about 3,000 ATO soldiers dead and 20-30 thousands wounded.

Source: http://hrabro.com/66404

Translated by Tetyana Rabczak, EMPR

#RussiainvadedUkraine  #SayNoToMrPutin #euromaidanpr_en  #EMPR ?

https://plus.google.com/+EuroMaidanPR/posts

Holy shit. You just responded with Russian propaganda that even says that Putin ordered the execution of Ukrainian volunteers?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:32:40 PM EDT
[#5]
EuroMaidanPR is Ukrainian, not Russian, propaganda.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:33:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Predict my actions.

For I was born on the bad-guys team, even though I raised my hand REALLY FUCKING HIGH to be on the good guys team.

Alot of you guys are just plain nuts. From the "kill em all dipshits" to the creepy "da i troll americanitz for couple rubles comrade", thank you for making the world a little shittier for everyone.

Sorry if I come of as a bit dramatic, but the cold war was a pretty shitty time for me and it looks like it is coming back.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, half Russian and half Croat? God forbid, maybe half Croat and half Serb? Either one would work and explain your tendencies.

Predict my actions.

The Cold War is already back. The West is just choosing to put its head in the sand so it doesn't have to acknowledge it.

As for your druthers, I don't think all ethnic Russians are some fifth column America needs to worry about. However, there are plenty of ethnic Russians who still have loyalties to Moscow. There is no denying it.

You haven't been vehemently supporting Russia in this thread, so I have no reason to question your loyalties. The fact that you lived behind the iron curtain makes me think you of all people would know what thugs the Russian government is made of.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:35:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If Ukraine is lost to the federation NATO is still in the win column. The score would be 10-1 NATO (for those of you in Rio Linda 10 is the number of former warsaw pact nations now in NATO)

Russia won't let Ukraine slip away, they will fight a war over it for reasons I've already stated. Is Ukraine worth a war? Fuck no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think they are "Russian."   They just find themselves on the side of Russia.

When all this began, they saw McCain and the usual hawkish, "Neo-Con" suspects clamoring for action.   They immediately decided to oppose any support for Ukraine.

So they took to the internet and Google, searching for reasons that Ukraine and the United States were wrong.  In doing so, they unknowingly stumbled upon the massive, state-funded Russian propaganda machine.  All the arguments they were looking for were right there!  Ukrainian Nazis!  Biden's son instigated the revolt!  MH17 was shot down by an SU25! Crimean Firearms Enthusiasts!  Etc.

Now they are squarely on the side of Russia.  If we find ourselves in a conflict with Russia, they will look back at how they comported themselves here with shame or denial.  Given the level of dishonesty we've seen here, it will probably be a bit of both.  Of course, this is giving most of the them the benefit of the doubt; some might actually lack loyalty to the US.

You'll note that these pro-Russian trolls are not members of the armed forces, or in any position to be personally affected by these events. Not really men of action or consequence.

When you hate America so much, you end up on the same side of things as the fucking Russians, you really ought to back up and reevaluate your premises.

If Ukraine is lost to the federation NATO is still in the win column. The score would be 10-1 NATO (for those of you in Rio Linda 10 is the number of former warsaw pact nations now in NATO)

Russia won't let Ukraine slip away, they will fight a war over it for reasons I've already stated. Is Ukraine worth a war? Fuck no.

You are mistaken, and don't really understand what is happening.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:39:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

If YOU (or someone like you who has been supporting Russia in this debate) links to it to further a point you are trying to make, it becomes Russian propaganda.

Al Gore lies about the melting ice caps.  Some useful idiot posts a link to a TRUE National Geographic story about sad polar bears on ice bergs.  NatGeo ain't propaganda until the useful idiot links it.  It's how it's done.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:40:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Predict my actions.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Predict my actions.

Then you should fucking know better.  

You of all people should be disgusted by anyone who pushes Putin's propaganda.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:43:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think they are "Russian."   They just find themselves on the side of Russia.

When all this began, they saw McCain and the usual hawkish, "Neo-Con" suspects clamoring for action.   They immediately decided to oppose any support for Ukraine.

So they took to the internet and Google, searching for reasons that Ukraine and the United States were wrong.  In doing so, they unknowingly stumbled upon the massive, state-funded Russian propaganda machine.  All the arguments they were looking for were right there!  Ukrainian Nazis!  Biden's son instigated the revolt!  MH17 was shot down by an SU25! Crimean Firearms Enthusiasts!  Etc.

Now they are squarely on the side of Russia.  If we find ourselves in a conflict with Russia, they will look back at how they comported themselves here with shame or denial.  Given the level of dishonesty we've seen here, it will probably be a bit of both.  Of course, this is giving most of the them the benefit of the doubt; some might actually lack loyalty to the US.

You'll note that these pro-Russian trolls are not members of the armed forces, or in any position to be personally affected by these events. Not really men of action or consequence.

When you hate America so much, you end up on the same side of things as the fucking Russians, you really ought to back up and reevaluate your premises.

I know exactly what is going on
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:43:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If YOU (or someone like you who has been supporting Russia in this debate) links to it to further a point you are trying to make, it becomes Russian propaganda.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plumbing the depths of just how childish can a post be?

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:45:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A few pages back, you quoted a TRUE quote from a valid Ukrainian source completely out of context, to make a dishonest point.

It wasn't childish, it was dishonest.   Like you are being right now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:46:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's unfortunate.  I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:52:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Predict my actions.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Predict my actions.

Whose to blame for that? Looks like your anger is misplaced.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:58:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
A few pages back, you quoted a TRUE quote from a valid Ukrainian source completely out of context, to make a dishonest point.

It wasn't childish, it was dishonest.   Like you are being right now.
View Quote

100% childish. It's pretty much the best word to describe the Ukrainian Army, 1st Keyboard Brigade. (Which, incidentally, is the only US unit that is going to see any action in Ukraine, even if only electronically.)
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:03:06 AM EDT
[#16]
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/27/us-nato-summit-spending-idUSKBN0GR1EB20140827

...In 2013, only four of NATO's 28 members -- the United States, Britain, Greece and Estonia -- met the target. Even though it too is cutting defense budgets, Washington accounts for more than 70 percent of total allied military spending...
View Quote

...Poland, which has embarked on a $41 billion program to modernize its armed forces by 2022, will bring forward the purchase of 30 attack helicopters by two years following a review triggered by the Ukraine crisis.

Baltic states Latvia and Lithuania have pledged to reach the 2 percent target by 2020, more than doubling the percentage they spend now, Romania has promised to raise defense spending gradually until 2016 and the Czech government has said it aims to reverse a trend of declining military spending.

But among the European NATO allies that spend most on defense -- France, Britain and Germany -- there is less readiness to loosen the defense purse strings...
View Quote

And there are Americans dumb enough to want to go further in debt to subsidize THAT? Amazing....
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:08:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/27/us-nato-summit-spending-idUSKBN0GR1EB20140827

And there are Americans dumb enough to want to go further in debt to subsidize THAT? Amazing....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

...In 2013, only four of NATO's 28 members -- the United States, Britain, Greece and Estonia -- met the target. Even though it too is cutting defense budgets, Washington accounts for more than 70 percent of total allied military spending...

...Poland, which has embarked on a $41 billion program to modernize its armed forces by 2022, will bring forward the purchase of 30 attack helicopters by two years following a review triggered by the Ukraine crisis.

Baltic states Latvia and Lithuania have pledged to reach the 2 percent target by 2020, more than doubling the percentage they spend now, Romania has promised to raise defense spending gradually until 2016 and the Czech government has said it aims to reverse a trend of declining military spending.

But among the European NATO allies that spend most on defense -- France, Britain and Germany -- there is less readiness to loosen the defense purse strings...

Russia is our problem as much as it is Europe's / NATO's problem and we should spend what we have to spend to reduce the threat Russia poses.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:15:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:17:14 AM EDT
[#19]
WGANZ

Oh fuck you're in for it, you're obviously too smart for this thread.

Accusations of being on Russian payroll in 3, 2, 1.............communist
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:19:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't think all ethnic Russians are some fifth column America needs to worry about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I don't think all ethnic Russians are some fifth column America needs to worry about.

That is probably because we are not. My folks risked everything to bring me to America, there is no way in hell I would do anything to harm it.

However, there are plenty of ethnic Russians who still have loyalties to Moscow. There is no denying it.

I do not doubt that they are out there, but cannot understand why they would live here if they think Russia is so much better.
I will admit I am worried about the safety of my relatives, especially my cousin Zhana who recently gave birth after losing her husband in Chechnya. But there is literally nothing I can do about it, other than hope and pray they make it out of this unharmed.

The fact that you lived behind the iron curtain makes me think you of all people would know what thugs the Russian government is made of.

I may have been very young but I still remember the whole experience quite clearly. You seem to understand Russians just fine, this used to be common knowledge, until all this crap began. There are plenty of Russians rotting in mass graves, killed by their own government in their own country.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:32:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That is probably because we are not. My folks risked everything to bring me to America, there is no way in hell I would do anything to harm it.

I do not doubt that they are out there, but cannot understand why they would live here if they think Russia is so much better.
I will admit I am worried about the safety of my relatives, especially my cousin Zhana who recently gave birth after losing her husband in Chechnya. But there is literally nothing I can do about it, other than hope and pray they make it out of this unharmed.

I may have been very young but I still remember the whole experience quite clearly. You seem to understand Russians just fine, this used to be common knowledge, until all this crap began. There are plenty of Russians rotting in mass graves, killed by their own government in their own country.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

However, there are plenty of ethnic Russians who still have loyalties to Moscow. There is no denying it.

The fact that you lived behind the iron curtain makes me think you of all people would know what thugs the Russian government is made of.

you were a child during the Stalin era?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:39:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Whose to blame for that? Looks like your anger is misplaced.
View Quote

Alright here is where my anger currently lies:
- Russian Government (I have had this one a long time.)
- The "kill them all crowd" for clumping me and many others with Putin and company.
- Paid trolls for stirring shit up and making a bad situation worst, for a few lousy bucks.

How am I doing so far?

I had not posted since around '09 maybe '10, until I had a few drinks and popped into the thread we were both in a few days back.

I kinda wish I hadn't because it burned up a good chunk of my weekend.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:45:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

No I was a child toward the end of the Brezhnev era.

I was merely implying that ethnic Russians have done their share of dying at the hands of the Russian government.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:11:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
WGANZ

View All Quotes
Quoted:
WGANZ

Some here need to switch to decaff.
It's like whatever dude.

For me it is laughable that they regard the Narcissist in Chief, 0bama, is as pure as the driven snow in all things regarding to Ukraine.
While all the while The West crumbles into dust at the hands of liberals. Sadly, all of this reminds me of King Theoden's lament in LOTR:

The Two Towers, spoken by King Theoden:
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:15:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's like whatever dude.

For me it is laughable that they regard the Narcissist in Chief, 0bama, is as pure as the driven snow in all things regarding to Ukraine.
While all the while The West crumbles into dust at the hands of liberals. Sadly, all of this reminds me of King Theoden's lament in LOTR:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WGANZ

It's like whatever dude.

Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?

None of what Putin is currently doing in Ukraine has anything to do with Obama. You are completely off the deep end.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:30:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
None of what Putin is currently doing in Ukraine has anything to do with Obama. You are completely off the deep end.
View Quote

I'm sure Russia would have behaved the same were a Reagan in office.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:46:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It's like whatever dude.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WGANZ

It's like whatever dude.

What a silly dichotomy, your usual Schtick.  Not everything is about Obama. You should be happy at his poor showing regarding Ukraine. You are the guys parroting Obama's naive narrative pre-election lol.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:55:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know what I meant. This isn't the result of anything the US or Obama has done. This is Russia choosing to take advantage of the West's weakness to assert itself and bully their neighbors. Russia is the aggressor here.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#29]
If this map is to be believed, Mariupol is surrounded.

http://militarymaps.info/
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I was merely implying that ethnic Russians have done their share of dying at the hands of the Russian government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You see how that worked?

You cast a disparaging remark in the direction of Russia, and he immediately went after your integrity.

Amazing, huh?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you prefer Obama's passive, do nothing approach, or Reagan's more muscular, forward leaning policies?

You seem to be advocating more of an Obama approach (do nothing).

If we do nothing, it only means that someday in the not so distant future, we will be forced to do something; something that we will not have shaped or prepared for.

Doing nothing means being put in a situation where we have no control or even influence over events.

And as you indicate with your comment, Putin's actions are partly driven by the vacuum of Obama, and the certainty that he will do nothing.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:47:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Hamish Macdonald ?@hamishNews  2h
2014 or 1914? Today, just outside of a European city they are building trenches, ready for battle #Mariupol @ABC

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hamish Macdonald ?@hamishNews  2h
2014 or 1914? Today, just outside of a European city they are building trenches, ready for battle #Mariupol @ABC

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwcsZm4CYAAs9zI.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:11:18 AM EDT
[#34]
The Russians sank that Ukrainian Coast Guard ship yesterday....

Russia denies this.  They and the "Separatists" claim that it was sunk with land based, "Separatist" artillery.  Heck of a shot, hitting a ship on the horizon with arty.

Can any of you former artillerymen speak to the possibility of such a shot?  

A Ukrainian border official claims it was arty, too.

Strange, though.... you can see (at the 1:09 mark) that it was attacked by aircraft.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:18:23 AM EDT
[#35]

Predict my actions.

View Quote

Russia is 100% percent to blame right now for the current tensions.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The Russians sank that Ukrainian Coast Guard ship yesterday....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFp3sZU3CK4&feature=player_detailpage

Russia denies this.  They and the "Separatists" claim that it was sunk with land based, "Separatist" artillery.  Heck of a shot, hitting a ship on the horizon with arty.

A Ukrainian border official claims it was arty, too.

Strange, though.... you can see (at the 1:09 mark) that it was attacked by aircraft.
View Quote

"My hand is not down your pants. You are trying to steal my hand. What's wrong with you, are you gay?"
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:43:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Do you prefer Obama's passive, do nothing approach, or Reagan's more muscular, forward leaning policies?

If we do nothing, it only means that someday in the not so distant future, we will be forced to do something; something that we will not have shaped or prepared for.

Doing nothing means being put in a situation where we have no control or even influence over events.

And as you indicate with your comment, Putin's actions are partly driven by the vacuum of Obama, and the certainty that he will do nothing.

View Quote

Something in between. We don't need to institute further massive deficit spending to deal with it, but we also don't need to lose what credibility we had left as a foil to other powers.

It would have been nice to see the US whipping lazy defense penny-pinching Euros into action. This really should have been a European solved problem. Had they acted with a modicum of purpose back when this all started, this story would have long ago faded away. Alas.

But, that's all idle navel-gazing with 20/20 hindsight. We have only limited options available now, but EU still has a helluva fulcrum with energy imports. I guess it remains to be seen how much of a damn the EU really gives for Ukraine.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:50:24 AM EDT
[#38]
A despicable attack by a Russian Air force:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOE7PB7oxUc

Can we PLEASE start WWIII already? It's for the Children!

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:50:29 AM EDT
[#39]
The USA and European Union need to set-up free trade agreements with the Ukraine and Georgia.

Those two nations need to be strengthened economically to allow them to modernize their militaries and to help increase support for pro-US/NATO politicians in those nations.

Europe also needs to end its bullshit socialism and embrace free market capitalism.  They have slashed and hacked their militaries for over two decades to keep their failed socialist states afloat and are no longer meeting their commitments under the NATO treaty to provide a combined defense of Europe.  The USA has been too heavily relied upon to bear the entire burden of European security, which we simply cannot do as we try to meet obligations in Asia.  

The solution here is really economic.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:21:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

With a conventional 152/155 tube arty, it would be possible to hit with mass directed fire; but, it would be the same % as winning back to back Powerball lotteries with one gun with one shot.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:38:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Something in between. We don't need to institute further massive deficit spending to deal with it, but we also don't need to lose what credibility we had left as a foil to other powers.

It would have been nice to see the US whipping lazy defense penny-pinching Euros into action. This really should have been a European solved problem. Had they acted with a modicum of purpose back when this all started, this story would have long ago faded away. Alas.

But, that's all idle navel-gazing with 20/20 hindsight. We have only limited options available now, but EU still has a helluva fulcrum with energy imports. I guess it remains to be seen how much of a damn the EU really gives for Ukraine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With the POTUS more focused on stirring shit in Ferguson, MO or bypassing Congress on immigration & carbon taxes; Putin has been given a free hand to act with impunity in that area.  With (D) donors demanding action on environmental issues (aka stop fracking & oil production + close coal mines) ; there is little hope of the US being able to supply the EU the energy it needs at a competitive price to break the .ru stranglehold on their economies.

ETA: this was not posted while wearing a telnyashka.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
With the POTUS more focused on stirring shit in Ferguson, MO or bypassing Congress on immigration & carbon taxes; Putin has been given a free hand to act with impunity in that area.  With (D) donors demanding action on environmental issues (aka stop fracking & oil production + close coal mines) ; there is little hope of the US being able to supply the EU the energy it needs at a competitive price to break the .ru stranglehold on their economies.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem is big O's peeps thought Ukraine was a done deal. They totally underestimated the Russians and the level of commitment (all in) that it would take to reach any long term objective. Like I said many pages ago the best thing would have been having the EU put their face on this, quell the riots and for us to stand way back.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#43]
I remember the opening ceremony of the Olympics Bob Costa immediately blamed Russia for the maidan violence and condemned Putin in his own country.  Don't hear so mich from state  run media now that its clear this is another Obama admin foreign policy disaster
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I remember the opening ceremony of the Olympics Bob Costa immediately blamed Russia for the maidan violence and condemned Putin in his own country.  Don't hear so mich from state  run media now that its clear this is another Obama admin foreign policy disaster
View Quote

Once Putin stood up for Assad the whole tone towards Russia changed. Tapping Vicky's phone must have been one of the things that set them them off.  O did a lot towards the Russians it's just that it all was the wrong things.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Once Putin stood up for Assad the whole tone towards Russia changed. Tapping Vicky's phone must have been one of the things that set them them off.  O did a lot towards the Russians it's just that it all was the wrong things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point. Obama had to oppose Assad and the result is ISIS.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:25:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

"My hand is not down your pants. You are trying to steal my hand. What's wrong with you, are you gay?"
View Quote

At no point was my hand down your pants. That was YOUR hand.

Besides, everyone puts their hand down your pants, even if I was to put my hand down your pants it would be no fault of my own.

If I did have my hand down your pants it was because someone else put it there.

So what, my hand has been down your pants, it has been there for months.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Besides, everyone puts their hand down your pants, even if I was to put my hand down your pants it would be no fault of my own.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

An excellent summary of 227 pages of posts.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:33:13 PM EDT
[#48]
If anyone is interested

Harald Doornbos ?@HaraldDoornbos  38m
Russia Today placed live-cam facing #Donetsk airport, which is partly in hands Ukr army, partly rebels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvLVXI2MgaU
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're a towel.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:09:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Besides the bickering in here, any more updates on actual real-time RUSSIAN/UKRAINIAN events?
Page / 280
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top