Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 280
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Aren't we at about the 100th anniversary of The First World War?

Interesting coincidence.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:21:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn't it a little too cold for fo roosters in Kiev ?

Kidding aside, this could get very bloody in a hurry.
How well can Ukraine defend itself ?

We have a Polish exchange student here and word from back home is that country is preparing for mass refugee's.

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:21:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The USSR never went away,  they just needed to switch to capitalism for a little bit so they can have some money for another go.  USSR v.2.  

Call it a Stalin' tactic.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's Putin on a show.

The USSR never went away,  they just needed to switch to capitalism for a little bit so they can have some money for another go.  USSR v.2.  

Call it a Stalin' tactic.  

This USSR won't be communist the way the other was.Too many people figured out there is much more money and power in staying with a capitalism run by oligarchs.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:21:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Russia would be better off contracting out their logistical needs to either Fed-ex or UPS, hell 1-800-Flowers could probably do a better job than their military.

LIke I said before, should make for some interesting viewing watching Adidas track suit wearing Russian trampling through the country site with very liberal ROE's.

I do feel bad the for the non ethnic Russian Ukraine citizens.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:21:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Didn't they already do this shit in Georgia circa 08?

We wont do shit. We didn't do shit then, we didn't do shit in Syria we wont do shit now.

Not my fucking problem.
View Quote

Hell they did this shit in Czechoslovakia back in what? 68? Why ruin a tradition. And they say that the Soviet Union is dead.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I find it amazing that people here think so little of the Russian Army.  For the past decade the US military has focused on COIN.  Without a doubt the US has the best trained Spec Ops, with the best equipment.  But you aren't going to send them to fight conventional forces.  And what has Putin been doing for the last decade?  I believe he has been rebuilding and modernizing the Russian Army.  So if the article is true, 150,000 troops mobilized, that's SIX divisions.  Where the fuck would we get six divisions from?  I don't believe it's a matter of we WON'T do anything, I believe we CAN'T do anything.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't wait to see elite Russian troops in their tactical Adidas track pants and sneakers.
I find it amazing that people here think so little of the Russian Army.  For the past decade the US military has focused on COIN.  Without a doubt the US has the best trained Spec Ops, with the best equipment.  But you aren't going to send them to fight conventional forces.  And what has Putin been doing for the last decade?  I believe he has been rebuilding and modernizing the Russian Army.  So if the article is true, 150,000 troops mobilized, that's SIX divisions.  Where the fuck would we get six divisions from?  I don't believe it's a matter of we WON'T do anything, I believe we CAN'T do anything.  

All of our assets are committed to a support role in promoting Arab Spring.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:22:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
None of our business.  0 should stay out.
View Quote

True.

But when does it become our business?

When Russia allocates Crimea?

Eastern Ukraine?

When the two go into full scale war in Eastern Europe?

The EU will only talk because they don't have the power to project military dominance over Russia.

I highly doubt any of the above will happen, but it can become our problem if it escalates to a certain point.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Hell they did this shit in Czechoslovakia back in what? 68? Why ruin a tradition. And they say that the Soviet Union is dead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We wont do shit. We didn't do shit then, we didn't do shit in Syria we wont do shit now.
Not my fucking problem.

Many folks here fight over who gets to suck Putin's penis.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#9]
In on 1 on ww3 thread!

Eta in on two!
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He's Putin on a show.
View Quote

More like Putin or shut up.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't wait to see elite Russian troops in their tactical Adidas track pants and sneakers.

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:27:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't claim to know a lot about the situation over there, but it sure would be a depressing turn of events if the Russians go in and kill a bunch of Ukranians and insert a puppet "President".  We don't have a war-time consigliere in this country, so our response will likely do nothing but fail and make matters worse and more dangerous for everyone.  And Putin knows it...
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Did they get socks yet, or are they still wrapping their feet in rags?

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I take it you believe the Russian Army is laughable, meh so be it.  But it would be nice to have those six heavy divisions and two ACR's that were in Germany, but are now long gone.

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:29:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's see why we think so little of the Russian military?

Chechnya 1.  A bunch of goat farmers stopped the Russian army cold and created catastrophic casualties.  That was with full mechanized and armor support.  

Chechnya 2. Same bunch of goat farmers still inflicted massive casualties when the Russians practiced a kill them all by bombing everything ROE.    

Georgia.  A tiny country still managed to bloody Russia's nose despite having outdated soviet equipment for the most part and facing the same liberal ROE..  

Russian logistics are a joke.  They had problems supplying their troops and they didn't even have to cross a freaking Ocean.  Their ROE is criminal and still don't have overwhelming victories.  

They may have 150,000 troops but where can they put them?  If history repeats itself they won't be able to put and supply a fraction of that force in a country that shares a land border with Russia.  Forget it if they ever had to cross blue water.  The professional NCO corp. is  joke.  Those are just some of the Reasons Russia's military is a joke.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:30:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Ethnic violence has broken out in Simferopol. Just saw the Tartars and Russians are going at it in the main square of the city. Anyone want to take me up on the PMag wager that the Russian national flag will be flying over Crimea by VE Day?
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sounds like the Ukrainians are about to get fucked again.
View Quote

One of my best friends just got back from there, ex USArmy, he has relatives there, namely his in laws. Glad he got back before this steps off.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:31:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Every time the media tries to hype something up, like when "North Korea is about to invade!!!1", Arfcom freaks the fuck out. It's hilarious.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course we CAN'T do a damn thing. A war weary military that needs a lot work rebuilding itself, we're massively in debt, we're cutting the size of what we do have and not replacing aging weapon systems, we have no effective leadership either in the pentagon or the civilian government.  The world is taking notice and battle lines are already being drawing around the globe. The next 20 years will be sadly interesting....

The Russian military may not be full of professional soldiers but they don't need to be. Russia has always been willing to pay a much higher price than America when it comes to war..... The worst mistake anyone can make is to underestimate an enemy. We still have enough bite that no one would want to really call us out at this point because they know in a conventional war they would be slaughtered; but in another 10 or 20 years that may not be the case.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:33:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Maybe we can one up them and invade Mexico.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:36:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Squatting in that majestic pose, as only Slavs can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Squatting in that majestic pose, as only Slavs can.

Muscovites ain't slavs.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Chechnya 1.  A bunch of goat farmers stopped the Russian army cold and created catastrophic casualties.  That was with full mechanized and armor support.  

Chechnya 2. Same bunch of goat farmers still inflicted massive casualties when the Russians practiced a kill them all by bombing everything ROE.    

Georgia.  A tiny country still managed to bloody Russia's nose despite having outdated soviet equipment for the most part and facing the same liberal ROE..  

Russian logistics are a joke.  They had problems supplying their troops and they didn't even have to cross a freaking Ocean.  Their ROE is criminal and still don't have overwhelming victories.  

They may have 150,000 troops but where can they put them?  If history repeats itself they won't be able to put and supply a fraction of that force in a country that shares a land border with Russia.  Forget it if they ever had to cross blue water.  The professional NCO corp. is  joke.  Those are just some of the Reasons Russia's military is a joke.
View Quote
Well then, ARFCOM GD has spoken, the Ukrainians have nothing to worry about.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:38:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I take it you believe the Russian Army is laughable, meh so be it.  But it would be nice to have those six heavy divisions and two ACR's that were in Germany, but are now long gone.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can't even do the fucking Olympics right.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:40:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Russians will win against Ukraine but it will look like all their other bumble fuck military operations with lots of civilians killed more or less intentionally.  

If they had to go up against a competent military or deploy troops across blue water they would be slaughtered.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:41:14 PM EDT
[#26]
They'll go home now...John Kerry said it would be a huge mistake for Putin to do anything.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Right out of the latest Tom Clancy novel.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:42:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never doubt the Russians.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
What the Hell is he doing? Didn't Obama just warn him not to start anything? Damn that Putin is stupid, Obama is going to own him like the bitch he is.
View Quote

I almost pissed myself when I saw who posted this....
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Not surprised. I knew Ukraine was in his sights back when he gave out Russian passports to them like candy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:45:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Georgians didn't have a bunch of Poles, Hungarians, and Romanians on their border with a history of arming anti-Russian separatist groups and nothing to lose in a post-American world.

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:45:56 PM EDT
[#32]
So Putin picked up some good will with the Olympics, and is ready to cash it in?

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:46:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Never doubt the Russians.
View Quote

I don't doubt their barbarism at all, but their military competency is hugely suspect.

I do have to give Putin and Sarkov some props for their IO campaign here with Snowden. He's got otherwise conservative patriots gargling his balls like they can't get enough.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I find it amazing that people here think so little of the Russian Army.  For the past decade the US military has focused on COIN.  Without a doubt the US has the best trained Spec Ops, with the best equipment.  But you aren't going to send them to fight conventional forces.  And what has Putin been doing for the last decade?  I believe he has been rebuilding and modernizing the Russian Army.  So if the article is true, 150,000 troops mobilized, that's SIX divisions.  Where the fuck would we get six divisions from? I don't believe it's a matter of we WON'T do anything, I believe we CAN'T do anything.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I find it amazing that people here think so little of the Russian Army.  For the past decade the US military has focused on COIN.  Without a doubt the US has the best trained Spec Ops, with the best equipment.  But you aren't going to send them to fight conventional forces.  And what has Putin been doing for the last decade?  I believe he has been rebuilding and modernizing the Russian Army.  So if the article is true, 150,000 troops mobilized, that's SIX divisions.  Where the fuck would we get six divisions from? I don't believe it's a matter of we WON'T do anything, I believe we CAN'T do anything.  

BULLSHIT!!!!  We will send in multiple squadrons of new F-35's and crush them like they have never been crushed!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:47:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They'll go home now...John Kerry said it would be a huge mistake for Putin to do anything.
View Quote

I am so glad that we have him Unka Joe, Chuckie, and most of all Zero on duty, we'd be lost with out them.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Right out of the latest Tom Clancy novel.
View Quote

Mark is a prophet....just like the ol' man was..
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:47:38 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

The Georgians didn't have a bunch of Poles, Hungarians, and Romanians on their border with a history of arming anti-Russian separatist groups and nothing to lose in a post-American world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I bet we'd see a lot of foreign support and foreign fighters from the ex soviet bloc countries.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:48:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

From what I understand, GROM is near-peer with our own Special Forces.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:48:38 PM EDT
[#39]
What will the markets do when they open tomorrow? PM?
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:49:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the Hell is he doing? Didn't Obama just warn him not to start anything? Damn that Putin is stupid, Obama is going to own him like the bitch he is.

Not to worry, I'm not from Pall Mall.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:49:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I bet we'd see a lot of foreign support and foreign fighters from the ex soviet bloc countries.

During the Yugoslav wars the Croatian army was built on Hungarian weapons smuggling. They do not like Russians.

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#42]
I wanna go.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:50:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that's how we could get involved.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:50:31 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

The Russians will win against Ukraine but it will look like all their other bumble fuck military operations with lots of civilians killed more or less intentionally.  

If they had to go up against a competent military or deploy troops across blue water they would be slaughtered.
View Quote
I guess you missed out on the goat screw that was deploying 1st Armored Division to Bosnia.  I didn't have a choice, and I was an Instructor at Fort Sill that got pulled to back fill slots, just to get the Division up to 75% strength.

Oh, and the Russians don't mind sending their Troops into meat grinders, after all "One death is a tragedy, but a million deaths are nothing more than a statistic."
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:51:16 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I wanna go.
View Quote

Join an elite, pan-European volunteer force fighting on the plains of Ukraine to protect Western civilization from Russian barbarism?
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I guess you missed out on the goat screw that was deploying 1st Armored Division to Bosnia.  I didn't have a choice, and I was an Instructor at Fort Sill that got pulled to back fill slots, just to get the Division up to 75% strength.  

Oh, and the Russians don't mind sending their Troops into meat grinders, after all "One death is a tragedy, but a million deaths are nothing more than a statistic."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bosnia? What was that the '90s?
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:52:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

And that was under Bush. No way Obama does anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not my fucking problem.

And that was under Bush. No way Obama does anything.

Bush loved Putin.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:53:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Yeaaahhhh.

Interesting times, for sure. I'll bet there are shitloads of caches being dug up in Ukraine about now.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:54:36 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've got to work with them. Not all of their equipment is as good as ours, like the weapons lasers.

However, yes, they are very good. They train alot with Delta. Oh yeah, and they have no Geneva and Hague restrictions to abide by.

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#50]
150k troops? Good. Logistics will fucking own them. Feeding them will murder them. 150k troops isn't what will win.
Page / 280
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top