User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 280
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:25:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good! We agree on something!  

You just helped making my point.  Yes, we should not have to be forced to have other costumes forced down our throats because someone decided to move here and instead of absorbing our costumes and laws want to force theirs.  So, why move here in the first place?  Why not stay where they came from if it was so good?

Yet, here we are having to accept things like "sharia law", having to be "politically correct" because someone might "feel offended" and plenty other bullshit.

Why Ukraine would be different, considering that in its eastern region the pro-Russians are majority?   If we cannot fix our own home what kind of moral do we have to condemn someone else?

And actually, you make another good point because if it's already bad here the way it is, if the libs get their "immigration reform" we may be looking like Ukraine soon.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know, if those in the eastern oblasts want to be a part of Russia so badly, and if Russia wants to protect them so badly, there's an easy solution. Load their asses up and bus them a few miles east. Then everyone can get what they want. The native Russians in Ukraine can become Russian citizens ruled by Russian government. And Ukraine can be Ukraine, made up of actual Ukrainians without a bunch of fucking Russians living in their midst and Russian troops on sovereign soil trying to dictate the situation as they see fit. Otherwise, they need to sit down, shut the fuck up and just accept that they are Russians living in a country that belongs to someone else.

That does not seem to work anywhere.  Look at the US and all the minorities who want THEIR views and rights, screw the rest.  So, why a majority in Ukraine would behave differently.  

The point I was attempting to make is that many countries have significant populations of folks native to other countries. Many native Mexicans currently live in Texas, Arizona and California. Some are here legally, many are not. Either way, if some day they suddenly decide to grab those lands and make them a part of Mexico and place them under Mexican rule, that is a problem. And that would not be legal. By coming here and/or deciding to make the United States their home, they are accepting the US way of life as their own. To become citizens, they need to assimilate. I am also of the opinion that if they are unwilling to do this and wish to simply make the US into Mexico North that they need to pack up their shit and return home. I feel the exact same way about native Russians living in Ukraine. Either they need to become fully assimilated, proud Ukrainians. Or they need to pack up their shit and move to Russia where they will find things more agreeable. They have no right to try to take over portions of that country and turn it into Russia West. What these people are doing in Ukraine is simply WRONG. They have a choice to make. Do they want to be Russians or Ukrainians?  If the former, they need to move because they aren't sitting on Russian land.

You just helped making my point.  Yes, we should not have to be forced to have other costumes forced down our throats because someone decided to move here and instead of absorbing our costumes and laws want to force theirs.  So, why move here in the first place?  Why not stay where they came from if it was so good?

Yet, here we are having to accept things like "sharia law", having to be "politically correct" because someone might "feel offended" and plenty other bullshit.

Why Ukraine would be different, considering that in its eastern region the pro-Russians are majority?   If we cannot fix our own home what kind of moral do we have to condemn someone else?

And actually, you make another good point because if it's already bad here the way it is, if the libs get their "immigration reform" we may be looking like Ukraine soon.

Costumes? LMAO! Yes, we should all keep our costumes. Apparently GRU doesn't have spell check. HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:28:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

And clearly you admire the incompetent, corrupt, mediocre and promiscuous little dictator wannabe in the White House.  Do you get extra minutes in your free cellphone and more dollars in your EBT card for praising him like you do?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just wondering.  If this was in Ukraine, would these folks be considered "pro-Russian traitors" or "infiltrated Russian soldiers"?  

http://www.jeffhead.com/bundy/bundy-25.jpg

http://www.jeffhead.com/bundy/bundy-19.jpg

http://www.jeffhead.com/bundy/bundy-26.jpg

http://www.jeffhead.com/bundy/bundy-21.jpg

According to some theories floating around here, they would never be "patriots".  

Trying to compare things that aren't really comparable doesn't really prove the point you are trying to make.

Some folks raised against a government they do not believe in (for whatever reason) here and in Ukraine.

So, in Ukraine, the eastern folks are clearly pro-Russia and do not seem to want anything to do with the new self-appointed government and are raising against it.

According to some in this thread, these folks are traitors of Ukraine and just Russian tools.

So, how does one define who is a "traitor" (or a puppet) or a "patriot"?  

The posters' methodology of selecting who is right or wrong follows the same arbitrary pattern of the dictator they seem to be so adamantly against.

So, yes, it's relevant to the point.  

There is one dictator in your comparison and the people you admire in the Ukraine are fighting for him. His name is Vladimir Putin.

And clearly you admire the incompetent, corrupt, mediocre and promiscuous little dictator wannabe in the White House.  Do you get extra minutes in your free cellphone and more dollars in your EBT card for praising him like you do?  

Please show me where I praised Obama or stop lying.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:30:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Your trolling and failure at logic can again be answered by Citadel's post below.

@ ROSSI:

I cannot express in words how much I loathe the fact that you still breathe air. I hope you die in a painful, excruciating manner, that Putin himself would think is cruel and unusual. I hope that this death happens in the middle of Siberia, after you've completed your service to your mother Russia.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here the mistake you made.  He and the others do not think.  They are programmed.   They probably did not login to the DU today to get the updated code.  

Your trolling and failure at logic can again be answered by Citadel's post below.

Quoted:

LOL, so let me get this straight...you must love Putin to hate Obama and if you hate Putin you must love Obama. Were you this pro protest when it was W. Ukrainians doing it?

@ ROSSI:

I cannot express in words how much I loathe the fact that you still breathe air. I hope you die in a painful, excruciating manner, that Putin himself would think is cruel and unusual. I hope that this death happens in the middle of Siberia, after you've completed your service to your mother Russia.

Your pathetic attempt of an insult did not work.  Actually, how your meager thread about a vote to intervene in Ukraine going?  Oh, yes, disappeared into oblivion after the poll results did not go the way you wanted and you also started insulting everyone else there?  

That tells a lot about you.  Cozy basement this one where you spend your wasted life?  

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:31:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Here the mistake you made.  He and the others do not think.  They are programmed.   They probably did not login to the DU today to get the updated code.  

View Quote

You parrot a dictator's propaganda and we're brainwashed?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:32:56 AM EDT
[#5]
[b]Originally Posted By Citadel-

...unlike your side I am not prone to derpy conspiracies so they (flags) probably were not planted by the Russians, but that hardly proves anything nor does it disprove or undermine Russian anti-Semitism, the irony of it,  or anything I said.
View Quote

Well it proves that at some point far right white supremacists started replacing our Gandhi loving protestors. I'm sure they just happened to find all those flags on the way to the protest. As for the Russian's anti semitism you are keeping in mind Kal Marx was a Jew, Lenin was a Jew, most of the original communist party and commissars were Jewish aren't you?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:33:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trying to compare things that aren't really comparable doesn't really prove the point you are trying to make.

Some folks raised against a government they do not believe in (for whatever reason) here and in Ukraine.

So, in Ukraine, the eastern folks are clearly pro-Russia and do not seem to want anything to do with the new self-appointed government and are raising against it.

According to some in this thread, these folks are traitors of Ukraine and just Russian tools.

So, how does one define who is a "traitor" (or a puppet) or a "patriot"?  

The posters' methodology of selecting who is right or wrong follows the same arbitrary pattern of the dictator they seem to be so adamantly against.

So, yes, it's relevant to the point.  

There is one dictator in your comparison and the people you admire in the Ukraine are fighting for him. His name is Vladimir Putin.

After you show where I praised Putin.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:34:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And the folks running the new government are models of honesty, right?  

Are you guys even reading all the news or there's some kind of "filter" that blocks anything you do not want to believe?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just wondering.  If this was in Ukraine, would these folks be considered "pro-Russian traitors" or "infiltrated Russian soldiers"?  

http://www.jeffhead.com/bundy/bundy-25.jpg

http://www.jeffhead.com/bundy/bundy-19.jpg

http://www.jeffhead.com/bundy/bundy-26.jpg

http://www.jeffhead.com/bundy/bundy-21.jpg

According to some theories floating around here, they would never be "patriots".  

Neither. If that were Ukraine, those folks above would be the people who put enough pressure on their Russian puppet leader to cause him to flee the country.

Yes, but we are past that.  

Based on the current situation, imagining that "those folks" actually replaced the puppet leader by someone who the "new rebels" think is worse, thus they want to stay with the previous one (the puppet), which happened to have been "democratically elected" and did not "take power through a coup".

Also, for the sake of this case, imagine that the "new government" has few to no representation in that region.

So, these folks actually, believe that they would better side with Russia and are taking any help they can from their "savior".

Are they traitors or patriots?  

The way I see this is that once someone starts making arbitrary decisions and taking arbitrary steps towards whatever they "believe in" with total disregard for the other parties things can escalate and get messy very fast.  Ukraine's "new government" was an arbitrary step from a minority (for whatever reason) and has no legitimacy.   Therefore, now everyone over there feels they can do whatever they want.  

Yeah, if you just forget the widespread accusations of fraud during Yanukovych's election, his cracking down on any opposition , not to mention the jailing of his former opponent in the 2010 election, and press censorship etc.

Yeah, your guy who also supports a dictator is a real peach.

Are you guys even reading all the news or there's some kind of "filter" that blocks anything you do not want to believe?  

The only ones accusing the new govt of wrongdoing are the commie putin stooges, like yourself.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:35:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where do I parrot anything?   Just because I do not support military intervention in Ukraine or question some of the information it means I am "parroting propaganda"?

Are you guys even reading your posts or copying and pasting from somewhere else?  

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:38:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@ ROSSI:

<snip>

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL, so let me get this straight...you must love Putin to hate Obama and if you hate Putin you must love Obama. Were you this pro protest when it was W. Ukrainians doing it?

@ ROSSI:

<snip>

Dude, be careful.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:39:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know, if those in the eastern oblasts want to be a part of Russia so badly, and if Russia wants to protect them so badly, there's an easy solution. Load their asses up and bus them a few miles east. Then everyone can get what they want. The native Russians in Ukraine can become Russian citizens ruled by Russian government. And Ukraine can be Ukraine, made up of actual Ukrainians without a bunch of fucking Russians living in their midst and Russian troops on sovereign soil trying to dictate the situation as they see fit. Otherwise, they need to sit down, shut the fuck up and just accept that they are Russians living in a country that belongs to someone else.

That does not seem to work anywhere.  Look at the US and all the minorities who want THEIR views and rights, screw the rest.  So, why a majority in Ukraine would behave differently.  

The point I was attempting to make is that many countries have significant populations of folks native to other countries. Many native Mexicans currently live in Texas, Arizona and California. Some are here legally, many are not. Either way, if some day they suddenly decide to grab those lands and make them a part of Mexico and place them under Mexican rule, that is a problem. And that would not be legal. By coming here and/or deciding to make the United States their home, they are accepting the US way of life as their own. To become citizens, they need to assimilate. I am also of the opinion that if they are unwilling to do this and wish to simply make the US into Mexico North that they need to pack up their shit and return home. I feel the exact same way about native Russians living in Ukraine. Either they need to become fully assimilated, proud Ukrainians. Or they need to pack up their shit and move to Russia where they will find things more agreeable. They have no right to try to take over portions of that country and turn it into Russia West. What these people are doing in Ukraine is simply WRONG. They have a choice to make. Do they want to be Russians or Ukrainians?  If the former, they need to move because they aren't sitting on Russian land.

Um, Mexico is not invading our shores...

More herp derp from Putin's stooge.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:42:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The only ones accusing the new govt of wrongdoing are the commie putin stooges, like yourself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neither. If that were Ukraine, those folks above would be the people who put enough pressure on their Russian puppet leader to cause him to flee the country.

Yes, but we are past that.  

Based on the current situation, imagining that "those folks" actually replaced the puppet leader by someone who the "new rebels" think is worse, thus they want to stay with the previous one (the puppet), which happened to have been "democratically elected" and did not "take power through a coup".

Also, for the sake of this case, imagine that the "new government" has few to no representation in that region.

So, these folks actually, believe that they would better side with Russia and are taking any help they can from their "savior".

Are they traitors or patriots?  

The way I see this is that once someone starts making arbitrary decisions and taking arbitrary steps towards whatever they "believe in" with total disregard for the other parties things can escalate and get messy very fast.  Ukraine's "new government" was an arbitrary step from a minority (for whatever reason) and has no legitimacy.   Therefore, now everyone over there feels they can do whatever they want.  

Yeah, if you just forget the widespread accusations of fraud during Yanukovych's election, his cracking down on any opposition , not to mention the jailing of his former opponent in the 2010 election, and press censorship etc.

Yeah, your guy who also supports a dictator is a real peach.

I am questioning their legitimacy, since it's very clear it's not supported by a very large number of Ukrainians, mostly in the East and South.   And their hands are not clean also, as we saw in several news and testimonies already posted.    So, do not tell me that I have to bow to a government that got into power via a coup (or whatever you want to call it) and several of its constituents have some shady interests.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:42:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are parroting his propaganda. You obviously believe the shit he spews.

Now show me just once where I have praised anything Obama has done.  Or stop your childish lies about those who oppose Putin.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:45:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was not the point, you know it.

However, if you want to play: the Mexicans might have something to say about Texas.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:46:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Now show me just once where I have praised anything Obama has done.  Or stop your childish lies about those who oppose Putin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:54:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Really?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

You have to recognize he is acting in Russia's best interest. I.e. "crush America".

The White House commie has been already doing it for five years. I.e. "crush America".

So, considering one wants and the other is doing, the first seems a lesser evil option. Meaning, he at least crushes "the other side".  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1531686_From_Russia_with_Spite___Open_Letter_from_Pootty_Poot__Putin__to_America.html&r=42682756&dlnk=1#i42682756

There is your admiration of the dictator.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:01:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Well it proves that at some point far right white supremacists started replacing our Gandhi loving protestors. I'm sure they just happened to find all those flags on the way to the protest. As for the Russian's anti semitism you are keeping in mind Kal Marx was a Jew, Lenin was a Jew, most of the original communist party and commissars were Jewish aren't you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

...unlike your side I am not prone to derpy conspiracies so they (flags) probably were not planted by the Russians, but that hardly proves anything nor does it disprove or undermine Russian anti-Semitism, the irony of it,  or anything I said.

Really? You haven't heard of the Pogroms under Stalin?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:04:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I am questioning their legitimacy, since it's very clear it's not supported by a very large number of Ukrainians, mostly in the East and South.   And their hands are not clean also, as we saw in several news and testimonies already posted.    So, do not tell me that I have to bow to a government that got into power via a coup (or whatever you want to call it) and several of its constituents have some shady interests.  

View Quote

Yeah, news and testimonies from Russian state news and pro-Russian agitators. Yanukovych was replaced by the elected representatives after he and Russia had protestors shot. I guess you're okay with that kind of legitimacy, eh?

And who the fuck said you should bow to the new govt? You are a Russian agent, aren't you?

You sure as hell can't be a native American considering the way you write and the shit you spew in support of a dictator.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:09:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

However, if you want to play: the Mexicans might have something to say about Texas.

View Quote

We are discussing the Ukraine, a country that has been invaded by a country run by a dictator who finally admitted that he sent troops to annex  the Crimea. You know the last time a country had part of it annexed? It was by another evil dictator who spewed propaganda that people like you believed.

Mexico is not going to invade and annex Texas, not even a decent try.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:12:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

You have to recognize he is acting in Russia's best interest. I.e. "crush America".

The White House commie has been already doing it for five years. I.e. "crush America".

So, considering one wants and the other is doing, the first seems a lesser evil option. Meaning, he at least crushes "the other side".  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1531686_From_Russia_with_Spite___Open_Letter_from_Pootty_Poot__Putin__to_America.html&r=42682756&dlnk=1#i42682756

What's wrong, comrade? Cat got your tongue?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:12:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

Of you are going to quote at least post the full context.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
People are cheering for an asshole that goes to sleep at night counting ICBMs pointing at US cities and the re-emergence of the Glory days of the Soviet Union.

What's that say about the Obama administration?

What does that say about Americans? That people are so spiteful they would rather cheer for a guy who loved the Soviet Union and wishes he could crush America.

Context is everything: We were discussing internal and external enemies.  The commie here in US is actually causing more damage than Putin.  Pointing that out does not mean I admire Putin.  

Furthermore, where was the "propaganda" in that post?  

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:13:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Shall I also post all the times you have linked to Russian state news?

That might take awhile of course.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:15:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

We are discussing the Ukraine, a country that has been invaded by a country run by a dictator who finally admitted that he sent troops to annex  the Crimea. You know the last time a country had part of it annexed? It was by another evil dictator who spewed propaganda that people like you believed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting how you always divert pretending you did not understand the point.  

Anyway... carry on.  I'm done for tonight.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:21:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

If that makes you happy.  But please remember to also post all the times I linked to other sources.  

The difference between us is that I try to get info from both sides, since it's clear we are not being told everything about that mess.  You, on the other hand, only accept your one-sided view and whenever proved wrong spills the "Russian propaganda" line.  

But you already know that, since you are so meticulously tracking my posts.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:21:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Context is everything: We were discussing internal and external enemies.  The commie here in US is actually causing more damage than Putin.  Pointing that out does not mean I admire Putin.  

View Quote

LOL! Yeah, that was admiration. You think a dictator is a lesser of two evils when it comes to an elected asshole who will be gone in 2017.

Now, show me where I have ever praised our president's actions or even his fucking suit or apologise for saying I love Obama and must be on welfare or some fucking shit.

We can take this to the pit if you want.

You show me where I have praised anything in regards to Obama and I will leave or you can apologise right here and right now as a man does when he is wrong.

BTW, I'm in the top 10% of wage earners.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:22:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If that makes you happy.  But please remember to also post all the times I linked to other sources.  

The difference between us is that I try to get info from both sides, since it's clear we are not being told everything about that mess.  You, on the other hand, only accept your one-sided view and whenever proved wrong spills the "Russian propaganda" line.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah because a Russian propaganda service run news is always equal to the free press...

And you haven't proved me wrong on a single fucking thing.

If you have, please show it to the class.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:22:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stalin was Georgian and saw the other Jewish members as a threat to him.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:27:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But, but, the commies were mostly jews and would never go specifically after jews and kill more millions of them than Nazi Germany did....

The commies didn't just go after their political opponents, they specifically targeted jews in pogrom after pogrom. They killed many more millions than any other country. And that goes all the way back to the beginnings of Russia.

How you gonna try to spin that?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:35:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

But, but, the commies were mostly jews and would never go specifically after jews and kill more millions of them than Nazi Germany did....

The commies didn't just go after their political opponents, they specifically targeted jews in pogrom after pogrom. They killed many more millions than any other country. And that goes all the way back to the beginnings of Russia.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your starting to confuse Stalinism with communism, Bolshevism and the Russian Empire.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:37:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

LOL! Yeah, that was admiration. You think a dictator is a lesser of two evils when it comes to an elected asshole who will be gone in 2017.

Now, show me where I have ever praised our president's actions or even his fucking suit or apologise for saying I love Obama and must be on welfare or some fucking shit.

You show me where I have praised anything in regards to Obama and I will leave or you can apologise right here and right now as a man does when he is wrong.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.  You are making things up and we already went through this. So, for the last time.  Read that and you see that I clearly said "both are evil".  One is an external evil and the other an internal evil.   The latter's damage will not go after he goes away as you keep trying to convince us.  It will take a lot of time and money to fix it.  Saying that it's not is at least naive.    So, do not try to twist what I meant.

What being "in the top 10%" has anything to do with this?   Actually, the Ukrainian whose ousting you celebrate was also a "top earner".  What do you want to infer by that?  

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:50:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Well, ya know, Europe could start stepping up a bit, don'cha think?  Doesn't have to be US all the fucking time.
View Quote

That's defeatist commie talk, traveler. If Europeans don't want to defend Ukraine, and Ukrainians don't want to defend Ukraine, well, sounds like a job for Uncle Sam!

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:56:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Your starting to confuse Stalinism with communism, Bolshevism and the Russian Empire.
View Quote

No, pogroms against the jews go way back in Russia and were contemporary with Nazi Germany.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:01:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Nope.  You are making things up and we already went through this. So, for the last time.  Read that and you see that I clearly said "both are evil".  One is an external evil and the other an internal evil.   The latter's damage will not go after he goes away as you keep trying to convince us.  It will take a lot of time and money to fix it.  Saying that it's not is at least naive.    So, do not try to twist what I meant.

What being "in the top 10%" has anything to do with this?   Actually, the Ukrainian whose ousting you celebrate was also a "top earner".  What do you want to infer by that?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL! That was weak as hell!

SO, now that I'm not a welfare receiver I should support your communist stooge? Um, no.

You clearly showed admiration for him and that he works for his country's interests. It's there in black and white.
You continuously refer to Russian state propaganda and call it the truth. That's a fact I am nowhere near alone in recognizing.
Now apologise for calling me an Obama supporter.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:03:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That's defeatist commie talk, traveler. If Europeans don't want to defend Ukraine, and Ukrainians don't want to defend Ukraine, well, sounds like a job for Uncle Sam!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, ya know, Europe could start stepping up a bit, don'cha think?  Doesn't have to be US all the fucking time.

We are the heavy lifters as always. No other country has our capability or our resources, not to mention sheer size.

A free and unthreatened Europe, especially during a shaky economy, is in our national interests.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:04:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No, pogroms against the jews go way back in Russia and were contemporary with Nazi Germany.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pogroms were around long before Nazi Germany was a thing.  Russian hatred toward Jews goes back a long ways.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:26:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll only take an obamaphone if it comes with 4G.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:42:38 AM EDT
[#36]
I almost wish a shooting war would start just so all the purse swinging in here would stop.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:06:24 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Originally Posted By Citadel-

Pogroms was under the Tzars. Stalin did purges. Orchestrated by Genrikh Yagoda,Yezhov and Beria. Jews  and heads of NKVD.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:22:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Pogroms were around long before Nazi Germany was a thing.  Russian hatred toward Jews goes back a long ways.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I forgot to put were also contemporary to Nazi Germany.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:23:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Well, he WAS an employee (contractor, whatever) of the NSA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Snowden now completes full espionage circle and becomes propaganda tool for Russia. Putin calls him a spy and former agent here... Something we've known all along.

Sure Ed.. Sure.

Well, he WAS an employee (contractor, whatever) of the NSA.

And he was not an intelligence officer. Janitors are employees of the CIA and NSA too.

To those in the intel field, the use of words like "agent" and "spy" are very telling
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:24:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit, I just want to see where I praised or supported how Obama is handling this or any other thing. Someone's dogs are not all barking and I don't think it's me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:24:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Pogroms was under the Tzars. Stalin did purges. Orchestrated by Genrikh Yagoda,Yezhov and Beria. Jews  and heads of NKVD.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Originally Posted By Citadel-

A rose by any other name...

I didn't even bring up how the russkies tended to help the Einsatzgruppen kill jews by the millions once they were occupied by the Nazis.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:25:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:28:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I almost wish a shooting war would start just so all the purse swinging in here would stop.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p170/MarkNH/misc/anim/crazy-grandmas-fighting.gif

Cool, the red seems to be losing!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:23:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yawn..   If someone does not agree with your position doesn't make them a stooge or pro-Putin/Russia. Also, its very telling that someone with such a dogmatic view of the situation throws around the 'brainwashed' label.  I am guessing you are over 50 and served during the cold war
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:40:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

We are the heavy lifters as always. No other country has our capability or our resources, not to mention sheer size.

A free and unthreatened Europe, especially during a shaky economy, is in our national interests.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sure about that? If the EU had worked out like the eurocrats had wanted they would be a quasi nation with 500 million people, advanced technology, deep water ports, advanced military and their own foreign policy. They would have been a direct competitor to our national interest.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:47:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You sure about that? If the EU had worked out like the eurocrats had wanted they would be a quasi nation with 500 million people, advanced technology, deep water ports, advanced military and their own foreign policy. They would have been a direct competitor to our national interest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oddly, due to cultural similarities and the fact that the rest of the world would still outnumber the US and EU combined, and the fact most of our energy needs are not directly competitive, even if the EU was the power it was supposed to be, we would likely be, more or less, friendly. Especially in the face of Russian aggression.

It's mostly because the EU is weak the Germany is strengthening its ties with Russia at the cost of US relations... The EU lacks the strengthen to challenge Russia or its own energy dependence on Russia.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:10:38 AM EDT
[#47]
So USA Today is reporting that pro-Russian militants or activists within East Ukraine are demanding for a mandatory Jewish registry.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:14:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess that would depend on your perception of our national interests.  The US has never been afraid of legit economic competition - we've tended to foster it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:25:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I guess that would depend on your perception of our national interests.  The US has never been afraid of legit economic competition - we've tended to foster it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not like we rebuilt western europe, thereby making them competitive again, or anything.

Its not like the occupation of Japan and imposition of its constitution led to a stupendous increase in economic output.

Man, they don't teach these plants much about all the economic development this country supports. I guess thats by design, though.
Page / 280
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top