Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why don't you get up early Sunday morning and run into a crowded church screaming about feminism and gay rights and see how much free speech you get? The ACLU might back you up but that's about it.

I recommend doing it a Baptist church here in the South. It'll be more interesting that way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm always amazed by GD. Sure, they're probably stupid girls that can't sing for shit. But then they're attacked for what all of us would recognize as exercising free speech. This is a beautiful example of tyranny at work and GD sides with the tyrants.

Why don't you get up early Sunday morning and run into a crowded church screaming about feminism and gay rights and see how much free speech you get? The ACLU might back you up but that's about it.

I recommend doing it a Baptist church here in the South. It'll be more interesting that way.

How the fuck can draw that comparison to what these girls did... outside... next to a wharf. And even if I was inconsiderate enough to follow your suggestion should I expect to be flogged and maced? In my church you'd be asked to leave. Then the cops would come and ask you to leave. Then they'd tell you to leave. Then they'd make you leave. See how that works? When did the Cosack pussies give instructions to disband? It was a simple attack. And it kept going even while the girls were leaving.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm always amazed by GD. Sure, they're probably stupid girls that can't sing for shit. But then they're attacked for what all of us would recognize as exercising free speech. This is a beautiful example of tyranny at work and GD sides with the tyrants.

Blasphemy in a church service?

Pussy Riot is just derivative feminist situationism that's nothing but spectacle allowing the capitalist west to feel superior to the capitalist east.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Sometimes you have to be willing to suffer for your "art."

Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Their music should be a crime.

I don't even understand why they are referred to as a punk band.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:27:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Their music should be a crime.

I don't even understand why they are referred to as a punk band.
View Quote

I muted the video while playing Devo in the background.

Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Is this a Russian group or are they an American group ?
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:34:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Russian.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Are you 100% sure that's not FL?
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote
They're Russian and have already been put in prison for freedom of speech issues.

Lots of folks here love Russia and Putin though.

Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I damn sure would, if it was the "American Orthodox Church", sponsored and supported by our government.

I find it hilarious that you'd compare one of their churches, to a Baptist church in the South.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That picture looks like something from "Crazy Photoshop Examples Vol 1".

eta:  looks like they are dancing.

http://img1-cdn.newser.com/image/969140-0-20140219111259.jpeg
View Quote

WHA PA PA PA PA PA POW!
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They're Russian and have already been put in prison for freedom of speech issues.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They may get a little more time in the slammer to think about it this time.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And that'd be just awesome, right?

Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How the fuck can draw that comparison to what these girls did... outside... next to a wharf. And even if I was inconsiderate enough to follow your suggestion should I expect to be flogged and maced? In my church you'd be asked to leave. Then the cops would come and ask you to leave. Then they'd tell you to leave. Then they'd make you leave. See how that works? When did the Cosack pussies give instructions to disband? It was a simple attack. And it kept going even while the girls were leaving.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure they deliberately did this near the olympic venues in sochi which are "no-free-speech" zones to get attention.  There are plenty of those in the US at big events as well.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Never been done before.

Pussy Riot is just derivative feminist situationism that's nothing but spectacle allowing the capitalist west to feel superior to the capitalist east.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never been done before.

How did you guys get the idea this happened in a church anyway?
They were outside protesting Putin.
How would you guys feel if "Nugent and friends" protested Obama one Wednesday morning in an empty lot in inner city Chicago and were descended upon by Black Panthers from Rev Wright's church supported by the local police and armed with mace and whips? Still a good beating?

Those Cosacks look like nothing more than bullet sponges to me.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:46:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't care, it's a Russian issue.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Those trolls got owned.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Am I a bad person, because that was some funny shit going on there.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:50:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure they deliberately did this near the olympic venues in sochi which are "no-free-speech" zones to get attention.  There are plenty of those in the US at big events as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is news to me. Seriously. We have "no free speech zones" in the US around big events? It sure didn't look that way when we hosted the RNC convention in St Paul in 2008.
What events warrant suspension of rights and at what distance.
These chicks were in Sochi but it's not like they were at the Olympics.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:51:15 PM EDT
[#21]
ITT:

Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:52:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

How would you guys feel if "Nugent and friends" protested Obama one Wednesday morning in an empty lot in inner city Chicago and were descended upon by Black Panthers from Rev Wright's church supported by the local police and armed with mace and whips? Still a good beating?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never been done before.

THIS time they were outside. Previously they have charged into churches during service and made a scene.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This is news to me. Seriously. We have "no free speech zones" in the US around big events? It sure didn't look that way when we hosted the RNC convention in St Paul in 2008.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see your point, but we have "constitution free zones" on the borders, in case Taliban sneak nukes in, and blow us to kingdom come.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:55:15 PM EDT
[#24]
I think they forgot to file for a permit.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

THIS time they were outside. Previously they have charged into churches government buildings during service and made a scene.

View Quote
Let's not pretend otherwise.

Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There were people in a thread a week or so ago cheering the beatings of gays in Russia. Lots of 'em.

Plenty of fucked up assholes here to go around.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:59:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

THIS time they were outside. Previously they have charged into churches during service and made a scene.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never been done before.

So you arrest them for trespassing when in the church. Once they've payed the fine and served their sentence their debt to society has been payed. THEN, when they protest outside in the middle of nowhere you handle it again according to the SOPs in accordance with escalation of force rules if it's deemed necessary at all. You don't just immeadiately pick up where you left off when you dealt with them last in the church.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never been done before.

I'm talking about the original Pussy Riot protest.

What they're doing isn't particularly radical, it's just that Putin doesn't have the need to look like he's not an asshole. It's situationsism.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#29]
No, it's tyranny.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Attention whores, nothing less. Two thumbs down.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote
So is the Tea Party. And open carry advocates.

Thankfully, we actually jail vigilantes who whip attention whores. Well we do in recent history, anyway.

Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

You feel the same way about people that open carry? Do they deserve to be beaten and maced on sight?
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

So you arrest them for trespassing when in the church. Once they've payed the fine and served their sentence their debt to society has been payed. THEN, when they protest outside in the middle of nowhere you handle it again according to the SOPs in accordance with escalation of force rules if it's deemed necessary at all. You don't just immeadiately pick up where you left off when you dealt with them last in the church.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never been done before.

Ok. I was just explaining where the church part comes in.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Thankfully, we actually jail vigilantes who whip attention whores. Well we do in recent history, anyway.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sub,

I am the Tea Party.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You feel the same way about people that open carry? Do they deserve to be beaten and maced on sight?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That depends on whether they are in Pussy Riot.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, don't make a mountain out of a mole hill on this one.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:25:37 PM EDT
[#37]
I heard they were changing their name to Vagina Uprising...

I could be wrong though....
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if they're in Your Mom?

Edit: Legit question. They're a pretty shitty band too.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Sub,

I am the Tea Party.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sub,

I am the Tea Party.
So am I. And I was attention whoring, when I showed up at a rally to loudly protest what I thought was FUCKED UP government policy. Same as them.

Thankfully, I didn't get whipped for my trouble by asshole vigilantes. Thankfully, I could have legally shot anyone of them who tried it.

These women, in Russia, aren't as fortunate as you and I are. I don't see any reason to celebrate that.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 2008 RNC convention pretty much let protestors do what they wanted but most other conventions have been much more restrictive.

Federal Appeals Court Upholds Government Established Free Speech Free Zones

Many college campuses are restricting free speech even if they are publicly funded.

20 people were arrested on monday for protesting in front of the White House
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/breaking-news/anti-deportation-protesters-arrested-in-us/story-fni0xqlk-1226830392113
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:32:46 PM EDT
[#41]
I like the good looking one, her face is art, covering it up is a bad thing.

Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
snip
View Quote

No idea what that is but it looks bad.  

Sorry, but I am not going to take every thing that comes up in GD and make some Constitutional diatribe about it, post strawmen, absurd hypotheticals, and get my panties in a bunch....especially considering this is occurring in Russia.  It is tiresome and borders on the intolerable sometimes.  Do you guys not ever get tired of being on a soap box?  I am going to laugh at Pussy Riot and not feel bad about it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#43]
I have a feeling that the cossacks were trying to show the Russian version of restraint.  Note that most of the whipping was targeted on the biceps and such.  

Slug to the arm sure shut them up quick.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So am I. And I was attention whoring, when I showed up at a rally to loudly protest what I thought was FUCKED UP government policy. Same as them.    

Thankfully, I didn't get whipped for my trouble by asshole vigilantes. Thankfully, I could have legally shot anyone of them who tried it.

These women, in Russia, aren't as fortunate as you and I are. I don't see any reason to celebrate that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sub,

I am the Tea Party.

Point taken,  I was wrong, in failing to condemn the their JBT treatment.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:41:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The 2008 RNC convention pretty much let protestors do what they wanted but most other conventions have been much more restrictive.

Many college campuses are restricting free speech even if they are publicly funded.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/breaking-news/anti-deportation-protesters-arrested-in-us/story-fni0xqlk-1226830392113
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. That is disturbing. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the Kenyan signed The Tresspass Bill into law. Kinda makes me want to don a ski mask and protest him... in an empty parking lot... next to a wharf... I can't sing for shit either.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:41:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I thought Cossacks were supposed to be bad assess, not women beating fags.

I guess they have more in common with Muslims than just the fact they were beards.
View Quote

and they gave them exactly what they wanted, STOOOPID!
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
In Post Soviet Russia, pussy gets whipped.
View Quote

Instant Classic! I needed a good laugh today, Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:45:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Beating them only increases their influence.

Why not just ignore them? Then they're just a bunch of girls who jumped around for a few minutes. The end.
View Quote

cause they are fucking tards that are new to the idea of public relations....a few years ago they could just disappear them all
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Beating them only increases their influence.

Why not just ignore them? Then they're just a bunch of girls who jumped around for a few minutes. The end.
View Quote

cause they are fucking tards that are new to the idea of public relations....a few years ago they could just disappear them all
View Quote

Wow, whole lot of ignorance going on in GD, more so than usual. Ever been to Russia?
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Sorry, but I am not going to take every thing that comes up in GD and make some Constitutional diatribe about it....especially considering this is occurring in Russia.  It is tiring and borders on the intolerable sometimes.  Do you guys not ever get tired of being on a soap box?  I am going to laugh at Pussy Riot and not feel bad about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

Sorry, but I am not going to take every thing that comes up in GD and make some Constitutional diatribe about it....especially considering this is occurring in Russia.  It is tiring and borders on the intolerable sometimes.  Do you guys not ever get tired of being on a soap box?  I am going to laugh at Pussy Riot and not feel bad about it.

This is hardly a soap box. It's a simple case of "choose a side". Sadly, it would seem, most of GD isn't intelligent enough to choose the correct side.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top