Site Notices
4/17/2014 3:33:50 PM
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2
Author
NRA
Posted: 2/15/2014 12:23:51 PM

THE IMAGE ABOVE IS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT
HOLY COW! I live in Huntsville. Awesome! Hey Cuomo: SUCK IT!

Yellowhammer News Article

High level sources have informed Yellowhammer News that Remington, one of the world’s largest gun manufacturers, will on Monday join Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley in announcing that they are moving jobs from their largest manufacturing facility in New York to Alabama.

Remington’s Ilion, NY plant currently employees around 1,200 people. It will likely stay open, but with a greatly reduced workforce. Sources say the company will be bringing over 2,000 jobs with them to Alabama with an estimated impact on Alabama’s economy of $87 million.

According to Remington’s website, the company designs, produces and sells sporting goods products for the hunting and shooting sports markets, as well as military, government and law enforcement markets. Founded in 1816 in upstate New York, the Company is one of the nation’s oldest continuously operating manufacturers. Remington is the only U.S. manufacturer of both firearms and ammunition products and one of the largest domestic producers of shotguns and rifles. The Company distributes its products throughout the U.S. and in over 55 foreign countries.

Remington first began considering relocating after the New York legislature passed the Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement (SAFE) Act in response to the tragic shootings in Newtown, Conn. In addition to banning magazines that contain more than seven rounds and requiring instant background checks on ammo purchases, the NY SAFE Act broadened the definition of so-called “assault weapons” to include a wide range of guns, including the Bushmaster, which was being manufactured at Remington’s New York plant.

Almost half the states in the country have made pitches to Remington, included Arizona, Oklahoma, Michigan, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. But in the end, the company chose Huntsville, Ala.

Remington

The optics could not be worse for New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who told WCNY radio host Susan Arbetter about a month ago that “extreme conservatives” who are “right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay,” have “no place in the state of New York.”

Gov. Bentley and Alabama House Speaker Mike Hubbard both immediately responded to Cuomo’s comments.

“In Alabama we strongly support and uphold our great U.S. Constitution on which our nation and our states were founded,” Bentley told Yellowhammer. “The Constitution serves to protect individual Freedoms. Among them are those guaranteed in the Second Amendment, which protects the right of the people to keep and bear Arms. We will protect the Freedoms of individuals and welcome any one or any company to Alabama to discover as so many have, that we are a pro-business state filled with good, hardworking people.”

“If he doesn’t want hard working pro-life and pro-2nd Amendment people in his state, we will gladly take them here in Alabama,” Speaker Hubbard added.

It looks like that’s exactly what is happening.

Yellowhammer will have full coverage of the announcement on Monday.
helmutlent
Despite all my rage .....
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 12:25:00 PM
Southernman077
Si vis pacem para bellum
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 12:25:10 PM
[Last Edit: 2/15/2014 12:27:54 PM by Southernman077]
Unless you are swimming or on fire, there is no such thing as too much ammo!
Bigfeet
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 12:26:47 PM

Finally. That's great news. They need more room anyway.

Bigfeet
NRA Life Member.
cruciantime
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 12:27:17 PM
"They're ivory. Only a pimp from a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pearl-handled pistol." Patton

"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." Red Green
Fig
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 12:27:22 PM
Wow a third plant!
Mech2007
Coherent Ramblings
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 12:28:33 PM

Excellent news!

I'm sure that Gov. Cumhole's new business incentive programs will pick up the slack!

"And yet another Arfcom IQ test begins to claim its victims."

NRA Life Member
cj8lvr
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 12:41:30 PM
Alright, I'm excited. Fuck searching on this news! It needs to be posted one million times.
If it was a Justin Beaver thread reposted 30 times I'd be pissed too but it's not. This is a defeat for Cuomo and the other fuckers in New York and elsewhere.

Oh, and FBHO.

Sylvan
Sorcerer of Death's Construction
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 12:42:02 PM
and thats on the short list for retirement.
nice.
cj8lvr
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 1:25:19 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Sylvan:
nice.

It's a great place. Lots of pretty country around here, North and East of Huntsville if you want someplace out in the country but close enough to a town.
Kyle_Katarn94
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 1:30:01 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By cj8lvr:
Alright, I'm excited. Fuck searching on this news! It needs to be posted one million times.
If it was a Justin Beaver thread reposted 30 times I'd be pissed too but it's not. This is a defeat for Cuomo and the other fuckers in New York and elsewhere.

Oh, and FBHO.

This. It's important that people see this kinda thing happening.
Sylvan
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 1:31:36 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By cj8lvr:
Originally Posted By Sylvan:
nice.

It's a great place. Lots of pretty country around here, North and East of Huntsville if you want someplace out in the country but close enough to a town.

exactly what I want.
Zaminsky
Just one little guy with a big conspiracy theory.
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 1:31:40 PM
$87 million, huh?
Here's a tip: If you ever get the chance to travel with a Mexican rodeo... pass.
cj8lvr
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 1:34:32 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Kyle_Katarn94:
Originally Posted By cj8lvr:

Oh, and FBHO.

This. It's important that people see this kinda thing happening.

THANK YOU.

Oh, and FBHO.
Southernman077
Si vis pacem para bellum
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 2:18:56 PM
nice.

exactly what I want.

Nah man. Come to TN. We have Beretta and Barrett. We have air assault and other swoopy shit. I want to pick your brain.
Unless you are swimming or on fire, there is no such thing as too much ammo!
1srelluc
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 2:31:04 PM
Since all the gun makers are moving to the South we should invade the North. Turn-about is fair play.
"George, I am an old man, and most people hate me. But I don't like them either so that makes it all even." .....Henry F. Potter
callgood
Beans or no beans... ah gots ta know!
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 2:35:15 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Southernman077:
nice.

exactly what I want.

Nah man. Come to TN. We have Beretta and Barrett. We have air assault and other swoopy shit. I want to pick your brain.

How hard is it to remove the ink from your fingers when you apply for a CCW?
Alabama- Yeah, I pay 10 bucks for my CCW, but no fingerprints, classes, blah, blah.

Tennessee
To obtain a handgun carry permit in Tennessee, you must first successfully complete a Handgun Safety Course offered by a handgun safety school that is certified by the Department of Safety. Tennessee will now accept two forms used by the Military which capture combat pistol training (CG-3029, DD-2586, DA-88-R and AF-522). These forms can now be used to verify military handgun training.

You should then make application at any full service Driver Service Center. You will need to bring with you the original copy of your safety course completion certificate, Proof of US Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residency, photo identification such as your Driver License, and $115 NON-REFUNDABLE permit fee. This fee may be paid in cash, money order or with a certified check. If there are no problems with the application and you meet all eligibility requirements, you should receive your permit within 90 days of the date you submit your application.

When your application is processed at the Driver Service Center, you will be given instructions on being fingerprinted. Effective July 1, 2005, all handgun permit applicants seeking a new permit must provide Proof of U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residency.

Even though a person has a permit and is authorized to possess or carry a firearm pursuant to T.C.A. 39-17-1315 or 39-17-1351, there are restrictions as to where firearms may be carried. Additional information pertaining to possession of and carrying a firearm are listed by Tennessee Annotated Code and Subject Matter. More information can be obtained online from the Tennessee Annotated Code Lookup

Processing
? Applications are received and reviewed in the Handgun Carry Permit Office.
? Proper documentation is forwarded to three (3) different agencies: (TBI, FBI, County Sheriff).
? Upon a name search approval from TBI, the permit can be issued within ninety (90) days from date of application.
? Upon issuance, the handgun carry permit will be mailed to the applicant.
? Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
? Fees Are Non-Refundable

got no time fo all dat!
For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. — 2 Thessalonians 3:10
KennyW1983
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 2:41:11 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By 1srelluc:
Since all the gun makers are moving to the South we should invade the North. Turn-about is fair play.

Theres nothing up there but cold and damn yankees. We should build a wall and keep them out. I propose starting that wall between Ashland and Fredricksburg. Unfortunately that leaves Mt Vernon and Arlington House and Cemetery behind enemy lines but lets face it Nova is lost.
"Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you." - Andrew Wilkow
Join VCDL!
Bolboda
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 2:48:24 PM

There are a few moving in with the westerners.
CTM1
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 2:49:14 PM

Bring it as there are some Yankees who are ready to stand with their southern brothers of another mother
fla556guy
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 2:52:31 PM
This makes me happy.
Originally Posted By HullBreach: Nah I bought a gun because stabbing people with bullets just doesn't carry the same message of "Get the fuck out of my house"
KampusKop
NRAInstructorMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 2:54:24 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By fla556guy:
This makes me happy.

Yep.

"Don't waste your good whiskey on a bad day"... Matt Breeding, 2008.

"The hardest thing in this world is to live in it"... Buffy Anne Summers, May 22, 2001
subwofer2
Salam Bros
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 2:56:22 PM
Sweet, was going to Savage over a Rem 700 action in the future... now I'll wait until I see AL on the receiver.
Sometimes I get up and go outside in the middle of the night and stare up at the stars.... I think to myself, I love pissing outside.
red_on_black
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 2:56:43 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By callgood:

got no time fo all dat!

I've had both permits. I don't miss Tennessee's.

subwofer2
Salam Bros
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 2:57:21 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By CTM1:
Originally Posted By 1srelluc:

Bring it as there are some Yankees who are ready to stand with their southern brothers of another mother

I have some extra mags to help with the fight.
Sometimes I get up and go outside in the middle of the night and stare up at the stars.... I think to myself, I love pissing outside.
feudist
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 2:57:26 PM
Great news for Alabama. For once.

The usual is pretty bad.

Liv_C
Aim Small....Miss Small
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 2:58:25 PM

Good one.............
Favorite movie quote: Improvise, Adapt, Overcome - Clint Eastwood (Heartbreak Ridge)
Sylvan
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 2:59:50 PM
nice.

exactly what I want.

tri-cities is also on the list.

but if you think I will go anywhere west of nashville you are crazy.
red_on_black
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 3:09:33 PM
nice.

exactly what I want.

Not that you need further encouragement and not that I am telling you anything you don't already know, but there's a ton of work for retired .mil guys here. It's a really nice area.

RabidMonkeyPox
Brood Mother ov the Pit
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 3:19:10 PM
Cumhole will just deny they are leaving altogether.
For I am the eschaton upon your liar Gods empire
It is better to Reign in Hell than Serve in Heaven----Milton
The darkness under a whore's bed sheets
blueinterceptor
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 3:22:48 PM
In other news Remington will now manufacture yogurt in upstate New York.
dogsplat
When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 3:25:22 PM
Fuck. Now those assholes are gonna clog up the Robert Trent Jones golf trail.

Good job, cuomo. Fuckstick.
Whoever double-crosses me and leaves me alive, he understands nothing about Tuco. Nothing!
PhilChordoma
Unofficial non-13er
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 3:27:14 PM
Wonderful, another weapon manufacturer in the south in case we have to rise again.
Molon Labe
pcsutton
Member ....but not a 3rd member
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 3:27:48 PM
Commrade Cuomo eats poo poo.
"I am compensating. If I could kill stuff with my dick from 200 yards I would not need a firearm would I?"-Zanther
"You sound like a man who would try to feed cats to ATM machines." - Shane333
xcalibur12
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 3:58:01 PM
Dupe or not, good news needs repeating. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing the "official" announcement posted several times as well!
SGL_Shooter
Stay Humble - Stay Hungry
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 3:59:24 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Zaminsky:
$87 million, huh?

First thing that popped out to me.
Originally posted by broken_reticle:

"Second thing I learned on ARFCOM was to never google anything suggested. Ever.

Because the first thing I learned on ARFCOM was what a blue waffle was."
SGL_Shooter
Stay Humble - Stay Hungry
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 3:59:58 PM

Wait for me to move down there first
Originally posted by broken_reticle:

"Second thing I learned on ARFCOM was to never google anything suggested. Ever.

Because the first thing I learned on ARFCOM was what a blue waffle was."
GiggleSmith
???????
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 4:07:17 PM
Whatever ... I had to work overtime today so not only didn't I miss the memo, I also missed the E-Mail and the other two threads.
"He should have killed me. I would have killed me."

For God and Country: Geronimo! Geronimo! Geronimo!

"You know the world's insane when we envy Russia their president!"
dmfl54
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 4:07:30 PM
Damn, just might consider moving back.
GiggleSmith
???????
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 4:09:57 PM
I got 3 - 4 more inches of snow this morning.
Driving in The Snow would mess you up so badly....

PS: Fuck Il Duce
"He should have killed me. I would have killed me."

For God and Country: Geronimo! Geronimo! Geronimo!

"You know the world's insane when we envy Russia their president!"
armoredsaint
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 4:11:08 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By feudist:
Great news for Alabama. For once.

The usual is pretty bad.

you do have Mercedes-Benz and Hyundai, so there's good jobs down there
كافر
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf” - George Orwell
Aimless
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 4:12:48 PM
nice.

exactly what I want.

And no state income tax
beardog30
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 4:30:57 PM
Great, now I have to worry about what will happen to plant if it ever snows in AL.
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
Mark Twain
Mak
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 4:33:59 PM
good
TheGunCollector
Viva la figa
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 4:34:26 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By fla556guy:
This makes me happy.
Me too. I still thing I'd pick Tennessee if I were to move to the southeast.
Ironhandjohn
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 4:57:46 PM
[Last Edit: 2/15/2014 5:36:13 PM by Ironhandjohn]
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By TheGunCollector:
Originally Posted By fla556guy:
This makes me happy.

We're only 1.5 hours north of Birmingham, just north of Huntsville in case you want to drive on paved roads, wear shoes, and stuff...

Good news for Huntsville, as their economy has suffered in recent years due to the cutbacks.
Aimless
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 5:01:09 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By TheGunCollector:
Originally Posted By fla556guy:
This makes me happy.
Tennessee is a great state, my wife lived there for a number of years
Notorious
summoned by the spheres!
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 5:20:50 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By PhilChordoma:
Wonderful, another weapon manufacturer in the south in case we have to rise again.

because y'all forgot about that shit the first time around, didn't you?
Rhude
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 5:21:55 PM
Speeding up the conversion from production to cost creation. The sooner NY gets flagged as -money the better. The *&^%ing politicians create nothing but money sinks. +taker, -producer
cardboardkiller
Team Member
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 5:23:07 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By callgood:

How hard is it to remove the ink from your fingers when you apply for a CCW?
Alabama- Yeah, I pay 10 bucks for my CCW, but no fingerprints, classes, blah, blah.

Tennessee
To obtain a handgun carry permit in Tennessee, you must first successfully complete a Handgun Safety Course offered by a handgun safety school that is certified by the Department of Safety. Tennessee will now accept two forms used by the Military which capture combat pistol training (CG-3029, DD-2586, DA-88-R and AF-522). These forms can now be used to verify military handgun training.

You should then make application at any full service Driver Service Center. You will need to bring with you the original copy of your safety course completion certificate, Proof of US Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residency, photo identification such as your Driver License, and $115 NON-REFUNDABLE permit fee. This fee may be paid in cash, money order or with a certified check. If there are no problems with the application and you meet all eligibility requirements, you should receive your permit within 90 days of the date you submit your application.

When your application is processed at the Driver Service Center, you will be given instructions on being fingerprinted. Effective July 1, 2005, all handgun permit applicants seeking a new permit must provide Proof of U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residency.

Even though a person has a permit and is authorized to possess or carry a firearm pursuant to T.C.A. 39-17-1315 or 39-17-1351, there are restrictions as to where firearms may be carried. Additional information pertaining to possession of and carrying a firearm are listed by Tennessee Annotated Code and Subject Matter. More information can be obtained online from the Tennessee Annotated Code Lookup

Processing
? Applications are received and reviewed in the Handgun Carry Permit Office.
? Proper documentation is forwarded to three (3) different agencies: (TBI, FBI, County Sheriff).
? Upon a name search approval from TBI, the permit can be issued within ninety (90) days from date of application.
? Upon issuance, the handgun carry permit will be mailed to the applicant.
? Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
? Fees Are Non-Refundable

got no time fo all dat!

Ink? Does anyone still do fingerprints in ink?

I get fingerprinted pretty often for work, I've been fingerprinted several times over the last 18 years for carry permits and I haven't had fingerprints taken using ink since my first permit in 1996.
Life Member NRA, SAF, GOA and JPFO

FBHO, FNSA, FNFA, FIRS, FDOJ, FFSA, FATF
1911SFOREVER
Part time instructor, full time student
Instructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2014 5:23:35 PM
nice.

Previous Page
Page:  / 2