He went down like a bag of pork rinds  
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Shame it didn't kill them all.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 2:53:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So they won't lose their jobs at the 7-11.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why are they blacking out faces?

So they won't lose their jobs at the 7-11.

There wasn't anyone in that video smart enough to work in a 7-11.  One more dead muslim terrorist.  Only a few million more to go.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm thinking the hole in the dudes noggin we see in the spoiler clip is an exit.
The loser was facing away from the round getting ready to get in the vehicle. Who knows.

Instant death, most likely to nice of a way for him to go.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
yeah wow on the bursting radius.  So if you are walking around and that drops near by its just your time?  vehicle windows look intact.
View Quote

Had one hit just a few meters from me as I was driving past the civilian side of KAF one evening. I was well inside the kill radius in an unarrmored Surf. I obviously lived...damn near shit myself, though. Mortars do funny things.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
In the nugget apparently.

Click To View Spoiler

Think some high speed Tier 1 sunglasses would have saved this snackbar?
View Quote

I dont know, I'm thinking he got hit in the back of the head/upper body. No blood on his face.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 3:07:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I saw some of the TerROPers had some pouches etc. Along with their Air Jordans.  

If they are uparmored, is it usually stolen US stuff or we talking LA Police gear/AIrsoft?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

wear your ballistic inserts, kids.

If they are uparmored, is it usually stolen US stuff or we talking LA Police gear/AIrsoft?
It didn't look like he had any armor on. That vest looks like some kind of UTG tactical vest.

Link Posted: 2/14/2014 3:07:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

can anyone tell where he got hit?  he was DRT.
View Quote

Looks like between the bridge of his nose and left eye.

Link Posted: 2/14/2014 3:13:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Like a bad  habit.  Fuck him if he can't take a joke.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It didn't look like he had any armor on. That vest looks like some kind of UTG tactical vest.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Paintball mortar and he would be gtg.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 3:17:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The snackbar is open
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/14/2014 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My Platoon Sergeant told me a story about how some dumbass in another unit he'd been with years ago. During training on 60mm mortars, some dumbshit set it to it's highest degree elevation and shot a round off. He said the shell landed like 50 meters away or so, and some of the guys got shrapnel wounds in the legs and such.

So yeah, they were definitely in frag range.  
View Quote

I did that with an m203. Fucking raped the backside of that rock they were behind too, it was about 35m away. Had to aim at like 80 degrees

Link Posted: 2/14/2014 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Lends just a tiny bit of credence to the whole "allah guides it" thing....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't want their employers to find out what kind of work they do on the side.

ETA: That mortar round didn't even look close. Shrapnel's a bitch.

Lends just a tiny bit of credence to the whole "allah guides it" thing....

Insha' Allah. Aloha snackbar.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Somebody's special forces personnel working with the FSA?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somebody's special forces personnel working with the FSA?

Or, international terrorists not wanting thier mom back home to get a knock on the door by the Russian FSB.

The black flag in the corner should be a clue that they're not FSA...
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Needs more WP.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Well when a fragment goes through your melon its a tough one to walk off. My step brother is missing a leg from a similar but closer round while in iraq.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
yeah wow on the bursting radius.  So if you are walking around and that drops near by its just your time?  vehicle windows look intact.

Well when a fragment goes through your melon its a tough one to walk off. My step brother is missing a leg from a similar but closer round while in iraq.  

sorry to hear that, have zero experience mortars, just a dumbass question.  like other posters put up I wonder what it would take to stop that?  if it was small and fast wonder if ballistic lens would have taken enough impact to make it non lethal  obviously if its the size of a coaster going 4000fps or something not so much.

EDIT: if its an exit guess it was allah's will he get smoked right there.  meh.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Not that I'm complaining, but why is there no blood?

A branch caught me at the hairline the other day and you'd have thought there was an artery there.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not that I'm complaining, but why is there no blood?

A branch caught me at the hairline the other day and you'd have thought there was an artery there.
View Quote

CNS hit maybe? Right through the lizard brain. No signal no pump.

You can see some leakage on the front of his vest and around the shoulder.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#19]
That is why when the PPD says get in the rig and go, you don't lolly gag about the area.

Link Posted: 2/14/2014 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#20]
This war is so entertaining.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm guessing they're blurred out because they're Chechen/Dagestani/Ingush and don't want to be recognized by the Russians.

View Quote

This! No good guys fighting there.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#22]
You know, if you keep yelling "God is great!" every time something bad happens God is just going to get confused and keep killing you.  You have to yell "God Damn It!" when bad shit happens so He knows not to do it again.

Link Posted: 2/14/2014 4:29:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

some of those guys were not from that neighborhood...
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

sorry to hear that, have zero experience mortars, just a dumbass question.  like other posters put up I wonder what it would take to stop that?  if it was small and fast wonder if ballistic lens would have taken enough impact to make it non lethal  obviously if its the size of a coaster going 4000fps or something not so much.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The flak vests that you saw Marines wear in Vietnam, the PASGT vests from the 1980s, all stop that.  Only if you wear them, though.

The explosion when a mortar or artillery shell goes off consumes a lot of energy turning the shell into useful fragments. A lot of it is very small.  It is generally moving pistol round slow...you could consider it to be like birdshot and buckshot velocities...except that one mortar shell has a couple hundred lethal projectiles flying around...all with the right of way.  Insurgent medical procedures are pretty lousy.

If it hit him in the face, not much you can do.  Issue helmets and vests stop it, though.  Against insurgents, Taliban and their buddies who dont own armor...we kill with HE.  Mortars are awesome.

If that was an 81mm that did it, that is a 90 pound weapon.  Hip pocket artillery.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote

Tactical tennis shoes?
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 10:15:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Was that one cat with the light colored hair wearing multicam bottoms/MARPAT top?  

Tactical Chechan?

ETA: Yup

Guy with a coyote soft shell, too.

Link Posted: 2/14/2014 10:42:12 PM EDT
[#27]
So, what's the official narrative of the week?

Are these the good guys or the bad guys?

Can we expect to see John McCain at this Shishani's funeral or not?
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 10:57:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, just Sen. John McCain.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Someday they'll buy helmets.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 11:03:35 PM EDT
[#30]
gee how sad

snackbar didn't get to reduce human civilization to caveman days the way he wanted
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 11:04:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote

I think he was facing toward the camera, wonder if that's the frag that came through the back of his head.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:03:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Looks like an entry wound.  There is a very small stream of blood, about an inch.  Doesnt look like an exit.  WOuld have been a bigger wound with fluids blown out.

If you look very close you can see that the piece of shrapnel is curved, like a crescent moon.    Paste the photo into powerpoint and drag a circle over it, you can tell it is a clean entry wound from an 81mm.  

Google "mortar curvature template" and click images.  You can pick up a piece of shrapnel and tell what the weapon is that fired it...or eyeball it from the hole in his head.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:11:27 AM EDT
[#33]

I have zero military experience, but if a mortar just killed some of the men you're fighting with isn't it time to take cover?  Move!  The SAA soldier spotting where the rounds are landing is going to send a few more.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:14:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Was that one cat with the light colored hair wearing multicam bottoms/MARPAT top?  

Tactical Chechan?

<a href="http://s15.photobucket.com/user/johnmontoya44/media/image_zpsa8287dd2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a397/johnmontoya44/image_zpsa8287dd2.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s15.photobucket.com/user/johnmontoya44/media/image_zps0ef6bf00.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a397/johnmontoya44/image_zps0ef6bf00.jpg</a>
View Quote

After finding this description of the video on another site, I think it was a great shoot..

"SAA Mortar kills Chechnian Commander Abo islam syria while he was trying to get into his vip vehicle"
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:14:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Those guys are still fighting and may have family they don't want targeted.  You know the one guy who was still moving likely didn't make it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:16:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I have zero military experience, but if a mortar just killed some of the men you're fighting with isn't it time to take cover?  Move!  The SAA soldier spotting where the rounds are landing is going to send a few more.
View Quote

Inshalla.

But yes, when real troops get mortared someone will yell "9 o'clock 200 meters!" (or similar)  and everyone will run in that direction.  Or at the very least everyone will hit the dirt and take cover.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:22:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Absolutely.

This is an 81mm, which means it isnt that common.  It is a battalion level weapon.  Some observer with a little bit of authority in the corporation probably saw a  mob of a dozen FSA all bunched up and rather than fire an AK thought that this was a good mortar target. That's why trained troops spread out and move in small groups.

If you wound the first guy it usually slows them down as they do casevac and firing a couple more rounds can really ruin their day.  Yodeling over a corpse when the mortar crew has the deflection and the range is a bad idea, if you are concerned about longevity.

A good 81mm crew can fire about 6-10 rounds in a minute.  Simple as dropping the round down the pipe.  If it took brains they wouldnt let the infantry have it.

Maybe the shooters were short of ammo. Perhaps they saw these guys walk through gap in the wall and just lobbed one blind over the building.

Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:24:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Inshalla.

But yes, when real troops get mortared someone will yell "9 o'clock 200 meters!" (or similar)  and everyone will run in that direction.  Or at the very least everyone will hit the dirt and take cover.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Inshalla.

Thank you.  It's always good to get input from people with the proper training.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:25:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Absolutely.

This is an 81mm, which means it isnt that common.  It is a battalion level weapon.  Some observer with a little bit of authority in the corporation probably saw a  mob of a dozen FSA all bunched up and rather than fire an AK thought that this was a good mortar target. That's why trained troops spread out and move in small groups.

If you wound the first guy it usually slows them down as they do casevac and firing a couple more rounds can really ruin their day.  Yodeling over a corpse when the mortar crew has the deflection and the range is a bad idea, if you are concerned about longevity.

A good 81mm crew can fire about 6-10 rounds in a minute.  Simple as dropping the round down the pipe.  If it took brains they wouldnt let the infantry have it.

Maybe the shooters were short of ammo. Perhaps they saw these guys walk through gap in the wall and just lobbed one blind over the building.

View Quote

dude.
none of that shit applies in syria.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:29:45 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

dude.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Absolutely.

dude.

LOL

+1

The Syrian military is no where near as competent as American or European troops.

Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:31:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Absolutely.

View Quote

It was a lucky shot.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:36:04 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

its amazing how this crappy poor areas are always full of expensive new cars.
View Quote

Makes me thinks we are being ripped off here in the states on the pricing.

Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:37:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Aloha SNACKBAR!
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:37:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Not enough dead snackbars
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:45:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Tactical Chechan?

<a href="http://s15.photobucket.com/user/johnmontoya44/media/image_zpsa8287dd2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a397/johnmontoya44/image_zpsa8287dd2.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s15.photobucket.com/user/johnmontoya44/media/image_zps0ef6bf00.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a397/johnmontoya44/image_zps0ef6bf00.jpg</a>
View Quote

I hope they didn't get that off a dead soldier or Marine.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:47:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Guess that snackbar will be looking for a new manager...
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:53:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Tough break for Al-Shitstaini  
View Quote

This.  Mucho Snackbars

ETA.  Am I the only on who read that in a "tough break for hand job" voice?

Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:57:58 AM EDT
[#48]
He must have got it in the right side and rear of his head if you watch the first guy gets in the SUV and he is about to enter the back seat as the engine is started at that moment the round impacts and he falls straight back and the guy facing him falls on him. Unless he took some to the back/neck spine area a helmet probably wouldve saved him -- better than his cap which disappeared ---or is now inside his skull. The guy facing him should thank allah  -- if it hadnt been for ali babba whatever his name shielding him he'd have taken the brunt of it --looks like the SUV had some damage too the guy inside looks as if he got wounded also --probably flying glass.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 7:07:45 AM EDT
[#49]
They need to get some air burst fuses over there.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 7:27:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
That is why when the PPD says get in the rig and go, you don't lolly gag about the area.

View Quote

Ya lollygag between buildings.

Ya lollygag by the vehicles.

Ya lollygag when mortars are exploding.

Ya know what that makes ya? Larry?!

LOLLYGAGERS!

Lollygagers.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top