Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/13/2014 10:56:14 AM EDT

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Snipe...ation=timeline

history..
http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hide-bolt-action-rifles/223193-tacticalrifles-net.html

Companies don't want you posting information about their poor customer service or issues with their products online. Even if you are a customer, they want it sweep under the rug. Believe me this is all about you the consumer and not me the site owner. It's easier to attack me in court then to follow up and find you, or to correct your problem.

Tactical Rifles, Inc. v. Soulie et al

Plaintiff: Tactical Rifles, Inc.

Defendant: Marc Soulie, Frank Galli and Snipers Hide, LLC.

Case Number: 6:2014cv00202

Filed: February 6, 2014

Court: Florida Middle District Court

Office: Orlando Office

County: Orange

Presiding Judge: Charlene Edwards Honeywell

Referring Judge: Gregory J. Kelly

Nature of Suit: Assault, Libel, and Slander

Cause of Action: 28:1332

Jury Demanded By: Plaintiff
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#1]
in            
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Than.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:02:08 AM EDT
[#3]
the original bitching about nick this nick that seems kind of petty to me. as far as suing a site for some member posting feedback? well thats some BS.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:03:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Today's litigious society- someone got their feelings hurt.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

the original bitching about nick this nick that seems kind of petty to me. as far as suing a site for some member posting feedback? well thats some BS.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:04:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Suing on what grounds?
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:04:46 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VRw1i6WTz2Y  

white box?

If there are mechanical problems with the gun then yea i get the bitching but the photos he posted seemed pretty petty. Now for 8 G's i guess you got an expectation of perfect and no way im paying 8 grand for a gun so i guess i will never be put in that spot.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:06:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Suing on what grounds?
View Quote
Nature of Suit:Assault, Libel, and Slander

Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:08:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm in. Love me some gun industry drama
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Total Butt Hurt.  It is really shady when you try to use the legal system to cover up badly reviewed products.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Florida wins again.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Suing on what grounds?

Hahahahaha, good luck with those.

Gotta love how companies try to cover for badly produced products.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#13]
This is amusing.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:14:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:15:00 AM EDT
[#15]
For $8.000 I ha e expectations of a rifle that in as close to 100% as humanly possible .

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Heh, great.

Now even more folks will see the evidence.

nice going.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:16:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This is amusing.
View Quote

Indeed.  It's an intimidation tactic.  Which is legal if you use the courts.   Since its a documented complaint,  which is still free speach unless it was made up with malice intent,  will make for a very short suit.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:23:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Indeed.  It's an intimidation tactic.  Which is legal if you use the courts.   Since its a documented complaint,  which is still free speach unless it was made up with malice intent,  will make for a very short suit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is amusing.

Stuff like this, and other suits in our industry in the past that were retarded will only protect "here and now" revenue...but as the internet never forgets, think about how much they are loosing down the road in a suit.

Will it be a "why us?" link on their site..."not only do we make nice stuff, but we'll sue anyone that says they have had a problem with us."

Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Suing on what grounds?

Exactly this.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This is amusing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#22]
To be at least a little fair $2300 of the price was the Nightforce NXS.  I am in NO WAY defending them though as that was still WAY too much for what was provided in the the end to the customer.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#23]
'Truth is an absolute defense to libel and slander.'

Chris
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#25]
You can't sue for slander or libel if the accusation is true. If they provided a clearly flawed product and there's evidence of that, the libel and slander are outright nonstarters and the assault is ridiculous at best. I hope they get counter sued into oblivion.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:38:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#29]
I appreciate the heads up on a company to not support.  Sheesh.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:40:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:40:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They're suing over a third party posting a bad review? That sounds like a non starter, not that I know anything about Florida law  

edit oh the owner posted a personal negative review
View Quote

We have had to sue review sites or pay lawyers to write letters to get things taken down on occasion, especially when they were for other companies in the same industry or for areas we didn't do business
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:41:36 AM EDT
[#32]
How in the blue fuck does a company think they can stay in this kind of niche, disposable income business with shitty QC, and even worse customer service?  

Now I'm no fan of Bill Wilson, but I will say his company does not fuck around with customer service.  A brief anecdote from my days in the gun biz:

Customer ordered some crazy high-end Wilson Combat 1911 (hell, they're ALL high-end).  Pays a shitload of money, gets his gun about 2 months later, and it doesn't work.  Customer calls Wilson Combat on Tuesday.  Receives prepaid UPS next day box (sent overnight) on Wednesday, sends gun same day, gets gun back (sent overnight again) on FUCKING FRIDAY , running like a Swiss watch, with an extra WC magazine and a hat for his "trouble".  That's insane, and that's the kind of service you have to have in the high-end gun business.  

Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:42:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:44:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Is there any joinder going on?
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:45:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Tactical Rifles can go fuck themselves.  Their shit baggery is well known in the high end rifle community.

Hey cockbreaths, go ahead and sue me too while you're at it  

Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:46:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
what are you talking about?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They're suing over a third party posting a bad review? That sounds like a non starter, not that I know anything about Florida law  

edit oh the owner posted a personal negative review

We have had to sue review sites or pay lawyers to write letters to get things taken down on occasion, especially when they were for other companies in the same industry or for areas we didn't do business
what are you talking about?  

Well we have sued places where bad reviews were posted about our business that showed up including some forums.  Once we provided proof we weren't involved in the complaint, reviews were usually removed.  Home and gardening forums,Angie's List, yelp! rip off report, etc.  Had one from Missouri that showed up I rip off report we only operate in Houston area of TX.

However the butt hurt of the gun community is amazing to me.  We have never asked a valid review to be taken down.  However we go out of our way to try and track down who it is so we can rectify it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Today's litigious society- someone got their feelings hurt.  
View Quote

Sad really.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Are they owned by SEI?
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:51:00 AM EDT
[#39]
The new America.  Where you sue if someone says anything disparaging.  This is why the high end manufacturers ddon't need to advertise and are backed up for years.  

What a joke!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:51:35 AM EDT
[#40]
$8600 for that?  I've got a $600 Tikka with a better fit & finish.  That's insane.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#41]
guys rifle shot a best group of .74 out of the box

an $8600 rifle

my $849 remington shoots .80! with a $250 scope! jesus!
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:55:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Heh, great.

Now even more folks will see the evidence.

nice going.
View Quote

The Streisand Effect at work.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:56:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
How in the blue fuck does a company think they can stay in this kind of niche, disposable income business with shitty QC, and even worse customer service?  

Now I'm no fan of Bill Wilson, but I will say his company does not fuck around with customer service.  A brief anecdote from my days in the gun biz:

Customer ordered some crazy high-end Wilson Combat 1911 (hell, they're ALL high-end).  Pays a shitload of money, gets his gun about 2 months later, and it doesn't work.  Customer calls Wilson Combat on Tuesday.  Receives prepaid UPS next day box (sent overnight) on Wednesday, sends gun same day, gets gun back (sent overnight again) on FUCKING FRIDAY , running like a Swiss watch, with an extra WC magazine and a hat for his "trouble".  That's insane, and that's the kind of service you have to have in the high-end gun business.  

View Quote

I had a problem with a GA Precision rifle on a Saturday afternoon.  I called, George answered the phone.  I explained my problem, he told me how to fix it myself, or I could put it back in the case, ship it to him, and he would fix it and have it back to me on Wed. along with a T-shirt and a hat.  I fixed it myself,

Like you said, you have to go the extra mile, because, after all, it is someone's hard earned money.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:59:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
guys rifle shot a best group of .74 out of the box

an $8600 rifle

my $849 remington shoots .80! with a $250 scope! jesus!
View Quote

You ought to watch this video where a real gunsmith takes the $8600 gun apart and shows you the "workmanship".  These guys are clowns who bought a mill & a lathe.  Why the hell anyone would send them thousands of dollars is a mystery.

http://rationalgun.blogspot.com/2013/08/gun-forum-and-industry-drama-for-day.html?m=1

ETA Correction, not that same gun, it's another one from the same company.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Yikes if companies are willing to do that watch out all you guys who bitch about PSA's shipping and CS

I kid I kid.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Haven't these guys had shitty quality for a while now? This is the third post talking about their quality I've seen.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 12:03:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Laws are being strengthened to fuck up anyone, including governments, who do anything that impinges on a company's ability to profit.  Have a bad opinion of a company's product and you make it public in a way that can be taken to be detrimental to that company?  Get ready for the law suit.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Suing on what grounds?

The site owner is not liable for the content that someone posts.  The site owner must remove it if presented with legal documentation that it is not true.  That's about it.  Lawyers will still threaten it though.  I've been threatened by a lawyer of a home owners association because I registered a site that let people talk about the home owners association.  I just ignored it and nothing happened.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 12:05:43 PM EDT
[#49]
You know, color me "paranoid" but if I were to file a lawsuit...it wouldn't be against a group of people who excel at shooting things from a mile or so away under adverse conditions, without leaving a trace.

I think I might just chalk that up to "lesson learned" and be on my way.

But, that's just me.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#50]
FOR $8,600+ say it slowly...EIGHT THOUSAND, SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS for a 308... it better be %$#@ING PERFECT...and shoot onto a caliber sized hole...truth of the matter is its shit workmanship and TACTICAL RIFLES got sand in their cybervagina over the bad press he got from two of HIS builds...and again I only get this from following the thread, the people that got TACTICAL RIFLES guns whose builds were sub contracted out to another reputable builder are happy with their rifles from what I've read...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top