Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 5:33:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Most DWI laws are bull shit pushed by MADD. I hold MADD and their supporters in the same ilk as the Brady bunch.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 5:34:48 AM EDT
[#2]
What's up with the 8888? Is he a supremacist? Or could he just not think of an original username?
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 5:46:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's up with the 8888? Is he a supremacist? Or could he just not think of an original username?
View Quote

The latter.  He said iraqveteran was taken so he just typed in some extra characters to make it work.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 5:53:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Most DWI laws are bull shit pushed by MADD. I hold MADD and their supporters in the same ilk as the Brady bunch.
View Quote

There's no shortage of DWI tyrants on this very forum.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 6:02:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Barry the oldest of four grew up hunting with his dad and developed  a love of guns and weapons. If you wanted to know something about guns, he was the go to guy.  Over a decade ago I encouraged him to get a job working with the things he loved and knew so much about which he did and loved it.  Unfortunately he let someone take over his life and making him feel that he has no control over his life.  We all know what our gun rights mean to us.  Can you imagine in your life that someone would threaten to beat themselves up if you tried to get away from them and then call the police and tell them you did it. This is what he has been dealing with since 12/07/2006. I'm not making excuses for him I'm just informing you of some of the things he has had to deal with.  He has not been able to think straight since 02/2005.   I hope he reads this and reaches out.
View Quote

Eric?
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 6:03:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Well...good luck Barry.  

I still like the channel.  

Fred will not make a good substitute.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 6:08:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well...good luck Barry.  

I still like the channel.  

Fred will not make a good substitute.
View Quote

It seems like Chad is going to be replacing Barry. He's been there for a while, and he's a good guy. I much prefer Chad over Fred, no offense. Barry will still be missed, hope he gets his stuff together.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 6:24:13 AM EDT
[#8]
That sucks.  I like Barry and I think he made the channel.  Nothing against Eric but I just won't enjoy it as much now that he's out  I wish Barry luck in his current situation and hope things get better for him.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 6:37:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, shit. I really liked those guys. They had good chemistry. Probably my favorite gun channel. Sure they spout some recycled B.S., but who doesn't? It was like hanging out with some of your goofy gun friends.

Hope Barry gets things ironed out.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 6:39:04 AM EDT
[#10]
One beer will put you over the limit depending on your weight. As said before, he made the channel with his insight and funny zombie skits He will be missed from the channel
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 6:40:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Eric?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Barry the oldest of four grew up hunting with his dad and developed  a love of guns and weapons. If you wanted to know something about guns, he was the go to guy.  Over a decade ago I encouraged him to get a job working with the things he loved and knew so much about which he did and loved it.  Unfortunately he let someone take over his life and making him feel that he has no control over his life.  We all know what our gun rights mean to us.  Can you imagine in your life that someone would threaten to beat themselves up if you tried to get away from them and then call the police and tell them you did it. This is what he has been dealing with since 12/07/2006. I'm not making excuses for him I'm just informing you of some of the things he has had to deal with.  He has not been able to think straight since 02/2005.   I hope he reads this and reaches out.

Eric?

Somebody who knows them. BIGMAC10 indicates they know something of Barry's history with Ingram.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 6:43:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
One beer will put you over the limit depending on your weight. As said before, he made the channel with his insight and funny zombie skits He will be missed from the channel
View Quote

According to the mugshots website, Barry is 5'0 165lbs. Dude is *tiny*. A Mike's Hard Lemonade would probably put him over the limit.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 6:46:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Barry needs to create his own channel! He could at least be making decent revenue in a while IMO.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 8:30:25 AM EDT
[#14]
This has officially gone viral. The hipster crowd is already showing support.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 10:43:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Gun Gripes will never be the same.
View Quote

And how. We love you, Barry

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 3:34:14 AM EDT
[#16]
BIGMAC10 comes from a poem, THE BIGMAC 10 that Barry wrote in the 90's. If I can find it, I will post it. He was a saw man for years and worked at RPB in between.
As he was getting fed up doing saws, I told him to go get a job within the gun industry again or get a job in a shop selling guns. I kept trying to get him to start a website, so he could further use his experiences and talents. He would greatly appreciate your support if he could read your comments and I know his son Bobby does. It makes me very angry to see the stupid comments on some sites and all the things people have conjured up about him. He's 5'4" bare feet. Doesn't smoke. Fav group CCR. Has always loved working with and talking about guns. Prefers to wear black T-shirts and black or camo pants. Grew up in Fulton Co GA in Ben Hill. You think he is funny you should hear him tell some of the stories he has when he was a kid.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#17]
No not Eric.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 3:38:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No not Eric.
View Quote

Who are you talking to? What is your relationship to barry?
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
No not Eric.
View Quote

I bet you are Fred.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Wrong gender.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No not Eric.
View Quote

Fred or Chad.

Then again I feel Chad would already have been a member for some time.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#22]
When Barry started doing the videos, he told me about them and I had viewed some of them. I am affirmed believer and defender of the Second Amendment, but I didn't eat, sleep and talk guns like he did. What you see in the videos is the real Barry. Funny, gun savy. We had planned to go to Knob Creek, but we never made it there. He used to get after me because I slept with an unloaded gun, but with the bullets close by. I told him, remember I go through flight or fight after being attacked and it takes me a second or two to calm down.  You want me to shoot you by accident. I guess not was the reply. I was hoping to start going back to the range or down to our property before all of this happened to get in some practice with him, but may be too late now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Is there anything we can do to help him out?  Does he even want help?
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 4:51:26 PM EDT
[#24]
If I can find him, I will ask him. He can't answer my calls, because someone has his phone and is screening his calls.  But I will tell his son. Most importantly I hope he can maintain his gun rights as I know how much it has always meant to him.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#25]
that channel is gonna suffer. as mentioned, half the reason i tuned in was to see what Barry was gonna say
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 5:05:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If I can find him, I will ask him. He can't answer my calls, because someone has his phone and is screening his calls.  But I will tell his son. Most importantly I hope he can maintain his gun rights as I know how much it has always meant to him.
View Quote
"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world  remains and is immortal." Albert Pine
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 5:20:05 PM EDT
[#27]
2 things
LOL @ 5'0" tall
when I heard Eric calling Bakelite, Back-A-Light, I lost what tiny bit of respect I had for him
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world  remains and is immortal." Albert Pine
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, give us the real deal. What happened? What did he do? What stolen items were received? How was he caught with alcohol in his system while driving? What are his options? Does he have a good lawyer? Tell his whole story and he will receive more support.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:07:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I have not spoken to him since November before the arrest.  Do I think he stole property? NO! Do I believe that a business owner has the right to protect  his business? YES! In 2004 he got involved with a woman thru me.  He is my ex. She was my best friend.  We did not know that she had a drug problem nor that she was psychotic. The movie Fatal Attraction applies here. Once she had the ring on her finger and a year passed, it was all down hill. She caused a lot of problems at the shop and even got into a confrontation with customers. She threatened him that if he left her, she would beat herself up and have him arrested for it. Fearing the loss of his job and gun rights and not receiving support like most men won't in these situations, he had to put up with it. He did try in 2010 to get help but as a man most of you that are know you would get laughed at.  I personally think he finally cracked under pressure. He tried to get police involved in catching her buying drugs, but it didn't help as she is so adept at alluding the authorities. His success has meant more for her and she isn't about to lose that. Things will not get better for him until she is gone. When I found out that he had sold all of his guns, I was shocked. Even "Rusty" his old revolver and the "Heirloom" 12 gauge shotgun are gone. His son wants me to keep in touch with his dad, but she has his phone.  We think she has been doing something to him.  This is just a nightmare that I never would have thought happened because as I have said before this man ate, talked and slept guns. I am not a legal expert or a gun expert, but with all the recent shooting spree activities in our nation it just gives more ammunition for the anti gun folks to go after our guns. I hope he doesn't lose his rights to own and carry.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have not spoken to him since November before the arrest.  Do I think he stole property? NO! Do I believe that a business owner has the right to protect  his business? YES! In 2004 he got involved with a woman thru me.  He is my ex. She was my best friend.  We did not know that she had a drug problem nor that she was psychotic. The movie Fatal Attraction applies here. Once she had the ring on her finger and a year passed, it was all down hill. She caused a lot of problems at the shop and even got into a confrontation with customers. She threatened him that if he left her, she would beat herself up and have him arrested for it. Fearing the loss of his job and gun rights and not receiving support like most men won't in these situations, he had to put up with it. He did try in 2010 to get help but as a man most of you that are know you would get laughed at.  I personally think he finally cracked under pressure. He tried to get police involved in catching her buying drugs, but it didn't help as she is so adept at alluding the authorities. His success has meant more for her and she isn't about to lose that. Things will not get better for him until she is gone. When I found out that he had sold all of his guns, I was shocked. Even "Rusty" his old revolver and the "Heirloom" 12 gauge shotgun are gone. His son wants me to keep in touch with his dad, but she has his phone.  We think she has been doing something to him.  This is just a nightmare that I never would have thought happened because as I have said before this man ate, talked and slept guns. I am not a legal expert or a gun expert, but with all the recent shooting spree activities in our nation it just gives more ammunition for the anti gun folks to go after our guns. I hope he doesn't lose his rights to own and carry.
View Quote

Yikes.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Tomorrow 03/11/14 Barry will be 59.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Scary stuff . I hope all goes well for him. Can you explain the story behind the property that he was charged with stealing?
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 6:00:38 PM EDT
[#33]
I  would only be guessing. Say I'm at work and I get some medication to give my client for contraception and I also have the syringe in my pocket and say we get to my office and she changes her mind and things go crazy and I forget to put the depo back in the pharmacy and the syringe in the drawer.  On the way home something happens to cause me to get stopped. Before CPAP I would find myself falling asleep at the wheel. Say the cop says to me, have you been taking anything and I say no and I don't have anything on me.  The cop searches me and says, what's this in your pocket lady?  Well depo is far away from being an illegal narcotic, but I have broken the law by not having a medication with a label on it in my pocket and the office where I work does not know about it.  Well now I have to answer to the law, the office and the Board of Nursing.  I didn't carry it home on purpose.  I just got busy or side tracked and forgot it was in my pocket. But I still have done something that could cause me to come before the Board of Nursing for punishment, the local authorities for punishment and lose my job.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:22:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Sad indeed.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:28:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Barry & Eric on TV?   Barrys back??   I found out about this at Moss Pawn & Guns Facebook page.

"Tune in this Saturday at 10:00pm & 10:30pm
for the premier of PREPPER HILLBILLIES on Destination America, starring
Eric, Fred and Barry."

http://www.destinationamerica.com/tv-shows/prepper-hillbillies

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 6:49:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes that is Barry.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 6:51:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Barry & Eric on TV?   Barrys back??   I found out about this at Moss Pawn & Guns Facebook page.

"Tune in this Saturday at 10:00pm & 10:30pm for the premier of PREPPER HILLBILLIES on Destination America, starring Eric, Fred and Barry."

View Quote

That might have been recorded over a year ago.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"Tune in this Saturday at 10:00pm & 10:30pm for the premier of PREPPER HILLBILLIES on Destination America, starring Eric, Fred and Barry."

True

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 8:12:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

True

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True

No the bottom of the page says copy right 2014
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 8:17:58 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

True

indeed it does.

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 7:52:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Fall 2013.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 7:55:10 AM EDT
[#42]
If you liked the show, let them know. May help keep him busy.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 8:00:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I liked the channel until they stated doing the move to make money from selling shirts etc. at that point they jumped the shark. when you start asking people to buy stuff or donate cash to pay for a hobby channel it kinda kills it for me.

that said. barry is awesome
View Quote

Yeah, capitalism sucks, you should be able to get your entertainment for free.

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 8:04:15 AM EDT
[#44]
I like that Ray is in more videos now, he seems pretty knowledgeable.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 12:45:56 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

If you liked the show, let them know. May help keep him busy.
View Quote

Wife & I liked the show, we will.

Link Posted: 4/12/2014 5:56:06 PM EDT
[#46]
I have some sad news.  I am talking to his son and Barry passed away this morning.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#47]
All, it looks like Barry died today. Don't have many details but it looks like natural causes.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Oh God. He was a fucking cool guy.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Oh God. He was a fucking cool guy.
View Quote

Yeah he was. Last few months were pretty awful for him.

I don't think he even saw his own show.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:11:15 PM EDT
[#50]
BIGMAC10, I'm so sorry.

He seemed like a truly good guy.

blueishgoldfish, welcome to ARFCOM.

I take it you knew Barry too?

My deepest condolences.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top