Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy Shit.

Anyone else ever wondered what the big black thing he wore around his neck was?
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Might have something to do with his history of working at RPB. I wouldn't be surprised if he had some unregistered machine guns.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/13/2014 2:38:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Old guy, cut shells, worked at Ingraham on Mac-10s.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was he the birdshot advocate or the cut shells guy?

And 5.45x39 will cut off legs

But you win lots of credit being crazy enough to shoot a seriously beat to hell high point with a welding mask and body armor on.  

I have to admit, I want to try cut shells sometime.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 2:38:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Why is he a prohibited person? Prohibited from working at gun store because of law or company policy? Is he prohibited from owning guns?
It says the receiving stolen property is a misdemeanor. DUI could be a felony, but one would have to have several of them. I seriously doubt failure to yield would be a felony.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
THEFT BY RECEIVING STOLEN PROPERTY - MISDEMEANOR{16-8-7 MI}$750.00
DRIVING UNDER INFLUENCE DRUGS/ALCOHOL{40-6-391 MI}$2,011.00
FAILURE TO YIELD RIGHT OF WAY, TURNING{40-6-71 MI}$280.00

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Georgia/Henry-County-GA/Ernest-Barry-Elliott.69972984.html

Why is he a prohibited person? Prohibited from working at gun store because of law or company policy? Is he prohibited from owning guns?
It says the receiving stolen property is a misdemeanor. DUI could be a felony, but one would have to have several of them. I seriously doubt failure to yield would be a felony.

It all really boils down to what the stolen property was/ backstory behind it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 2:40:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

But you win lots of credit being crazy enough to shoot a seriously beat to hell high point with a welding mask and body armor on.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was he the birdshot advocate or the cut shells guy?

They work, but are really only useful in single shots since you can't cycle them well.
Every once in a while, the hull will get stuck in the barrel, and it is a pain in the ass to remove.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Pawnie buys stolen item, wha? No!
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 2:44:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like the BATFE and Cuomo/Fienstein/Bloomberg went after him.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 2:46:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Georgia/Henry-County-GA/Ernest-Barry-Elliott.69972984.html

Someone stated above and I have read on other forums that he liked to drink.
On some other forums it is stated he stole from the shop/cooked books ie sell a used gun for 300 say you sold it for 270 (Speculation)
On FB Eric talks about him facing his demons.

So it could be that he has had multiple DUI's and this one broke the back with either the Law or his employer.

Link Posted: 2/13/2014 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Barry decided to get drunk one night and cause a car accident..got charged with a DUI and some other things..stand by I'll find the records online.

Quoted:

View Quote

Nevermind, didn't read someone already got it. I actually know Barry's landlords. He's lost his license, lost his job at Moss and is currently unemployed. They've recently had to evict him due to lack of payment of rent.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 3:05:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I've actually gotten to know Barry pretty well. I won't go into detail out of respect, but given his personal/home situation, I feel for him. He had reasons for his drinking. Done quite a bit of shooting with him, bought a few things (mags, flashlights, etc) from him. My first AR was actually bought from Moss through Barry. Super nice guy, hate that life has taken this route for him really.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Now we know...
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 3:06:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I liked Barry. I hope whatever he has gotten into does not prevent him from coming back to the  shop and the Youtube channel.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I had assumed it was some ATF firearms related bullcrap. I have less sympathy after finding out about the DUI and stolen property stuff *shrug*.

I don't watch that channel on a regular basis, but in the videos I have seen Barry seemed like a funny and cool guy. Sucks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I had assumed it was some ATF firearms related bullcrap. I have less sympathy after finding out about the DUI and stolen property stuff *shrug*.

I don't watch that channel on a regular basis, but in the videos I have seen Barry seemed like a funny and cool guy. Sucks.
View Quote

He always struck me as a misinformation pushing douchebag, of the old school gun shop order.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Barry decided to get drunk one night and cause a car accident..got charged with a DUI and some other things..stand by I'll find the records online.

Nevermind, didn't read someone already got it. I actually know Barry's landlords. He's lost his license, lost his job at Moss and is currently unemployed. They've recently had to evict him due to lack of payment of rent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And those are charges.  Who knows what get dropped or pled down.  Even so I don't see anything that would make him a prohibited person.  Looks like a drinking issue and maybe Mr. Moss got fed up and fired him.    He could be back if he stops drinking and cleans himself up.   I've seen it before.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 3:31:13 PM EDT
[#16]
damn
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 3:44:34 PM EDT
[#17]
IN for more info. It'll be interesting to see what happens to that channel now, I'm in agreement that he was the main draw.

If he's in for DUI, hope he fucking rots. Got no patience for DUI fuckers. None.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 3:55:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I found a "Family Violence Act Petition" from 2010 in his name.  
In the court info he was listed as the plaintiff and a woman with the same last name was the defendant.  

I'm not familiar with the GA legal system and I have no clue what that means.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Holy Shit.

Anyone else ever wondered what the big black thing he wore around his neck was?

View Quote
Yah, me:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1499650_.html

Link Posted: 2/13/2014 4:11:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

He always struck me as a misinformation pushing douchebag, of the old school gun shop order.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess I've never really heard him talk a lot, I just watch the videos where they shoot stuff .
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 4:26:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
In the court info he was listed as the plaintiff and a woman with the same last name was the defendant.  

View Quote

How'd you find it? Got a link or anything? I tried searching but coming up with nothing.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of his stuff was pretty educational, never saw him or Eric say/spread any of the normal gunshop bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 5:04:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

A lot of his stuff was pretty educational, never saw him or Eric say/spread any of the normal gunshop bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?  "5.45 is much more powerful than 5.56, it will cut mens legs clean off"   "This is a good heavy barrel it will give you more consistent velocity"  are just two that right off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

How'd you find it? Got a link or anything? I tried searching but coming up with nothing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://hcwebb.boca.co.henry.ga.us/SuperiorCMWebSearch/msearchParty.aspx?newsrch=1
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Really?  "5.45 is much more powerful than 5.56, it will cut mens legs clean off"   "This is a good heavy barrel it will give you more consistent velocity"  are just two that right off the top of my head.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol yeah they definitely threw around the typical gunshop garbage. Along with "Don't carry a Glock chambered" and others. Their shop is kinda the same way too. I actually hated going to Moss, they always had the attitude that they're much smarter than you and they didn't try to hide it either.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 5:36:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The few times I've tried watching them they've thrown out stereotypical dumb gunshop stuff.

Maybe the vids I watched were just the bad ones.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 5:38:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess I havent wwatched enough  The torture tests and wax slug type of stuff is what I watch on their channel. Plus that sig commando video made me want one.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

http://hcwebb.boca.co.henry.ga.us/SuperiorCMWebSearch/msearchParty.aspx?newsrch=1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keeps giving me "unexpected error". Oh well, thanks! I have a feeling I probably know what happened anyway so.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Keeps giving me "unexpected error". Oh well, thanks! I have a feeling I probably know what happened anyway so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try this one

http://hcwebb.boca.co.henry.ga.us/SuperiorCMWebSearch/MainCmMenu.aspx
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 5:49:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I guess I havent wwatched enough  The torture tests and wax slug type of stuff is what I watch on their channel. Plus that sig commando video made me want one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been sitting here watching their vids for awhile tonight for the most part they are pretty accurate,  they still say some completely stupid stuff from time to time.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm watching the Tavor V AR15 right now (better then TV when im eating dinner )

Anyway this Fred guy is already proving to be an idiot
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 5:55:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm watching the Tavor V AR15 right now (better then TV when im eating dinner )

Anyway this Fred guy is already proving to be an idiot
View Quote

Yeah I've met Fred a couple times.....yeah
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 9:51:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
damn
View Quote

Yep.

Fuck.

Link Posted: 2/13/2014 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Five DUI lawyers you should have before the ban.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 5:09:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Five DUI lawyers you should have before the ban.
View Quote

don't think they'll have those in their videos anytime soon unless someone has a really good sense of humor
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm so tempted to go suggest that in the FB page ^^ lol!
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

And those are charges.  Who knows what get dropped or pled down.  Even so I don't see anything that would make him a prohibited person.  Looks like a drinking issue and maybe Mr. Moss got fed up and fired him.    He could be back if he stops drinking and cleans himself up.   I've seen it before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure what the DUI laws in Georgia say, but in Oklahoma your second DUI is a felony charge
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 7:53:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Barry the oldest of four grew up hunting with his dad and developed  a love of guns and weapons. If you wanted to know something about guns, he was the go to guy.  Over a decade ago I encouraged him to get a job working with the things he loved and knew so much about which he did and loved it.  Unfortunately he let someone take over his life and making him feel that he has no control over his life.  We all know what our gun rights mean to us.  Can you imagine in your life that someone would threaten to beat themselves up if you tried to get away from them and then call the police and tell them you did it. This is what he has been dealing with since 12/07/2006. I'm not making excuses for him I'm just informing you of some of the things he has had to deal with.  He has not been able to think straight since 02/2005.   I hope he reads this and reaches out.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't think Fred's the guy for the channel. I should go audition!
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 8:38:25 PM EDT
[#41]
They had some entertaining stuff. I hope he doesn't get left in the dark.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Gun Gripes will never be the same.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#43]
man, some of you guys will talk shit on anyone and everyone in the online gun community....
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 10:33:03 AM EDT
[#44]
We all have our demons (even though some here won't admit it), and some people handle them better than others.  Best of luck to the Guy, after all he is on our side.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 11:29:57 AM EDT
[#45]
I kinda knew that he had been in legal trouble with a woman. I looked kind of pissed off in one of the Gun Gripes, where they mentioned about not being able to buy a Gun due to domestic violence, and Barry said something to that affect.

Doubt, if Eric can carry by himself. He seems to be pushing the paid member's only section and getting greedy in my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 12:27:03 PM EDT
[#46]
What a bummer. I guess the moral of the story is don't stick your dick in crazy.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What a bummer. I guess the moral of the story is don't stick your dick in crazy.
View Quote

It's so not that easy though, allthough it is great advice.

I've been where he's at, in terms of a woman driving me to drinking and beyond.

I hope I never go there again.

To many good women out there!

And that's the truth.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#48]
I love how a random search on google always brings me to ARF.com. Love this place and sucks for Barry. He will get it all worked out tho
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I love how a random search on google always brings me to ARF.com.
View Quote

IIRC, That's because the google search algorithm ranks higher in your searches any results from websites you visit a lot.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 9:47:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

IIRC, That's because the google search algorithm ranks higher in your searches any results from websites you visit a lot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love how a random search on google always brings me to ARF.com.

Yep, once searched about a problem with my AR in Google, first result was a Topic I started as my first post. Ended up as an argument and my question obviously wasn't answered.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top