Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/8/2014 7:56:46 PM EDT

ETA: did it three months ago. I took it out of the sling early cause I was tired of people asking me what happened. then usually men would tell me they did something more painful and a dislocated shoulder wasn't bad.

Link Posted: 2/8/2014 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on if anything got torn when it went out.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#2]
It will get your attention, but not bad like kidney stones.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:00:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Depends on if anything got torn when it went out.
View Quote
Labrum tear. Couldn't move my fingers for a few days. Went back in on Drs first attempt.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Simple, shoot Mosin. Get shoulder relocated from recoil. Good as new!  
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Never bothered Martin Riggs.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine hurts like a bitch when it pops out....forwards.....
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:03:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got it
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had worse pain than when my shoulder dislocated, but it sure wasn't fun. If you told me that I've been in more pain when it happened I would have been angry.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#9]
A broken foot bone hurts more, but it's just in the foot.  I broke both clavicles  and one also really hurt the shoulder.  The shoulder one hurt far more than the other clavicle.  Some pain is sharp and focused, and some is dull.  Now pain that isn't too sharp but invades every nook of the mind and back is kidney stone pain.  I'd take all other before that--and I have one a brewing in the kidney, so it won't be long.  I'd say it wasn't fun for you.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I have two confessions regarding the incident.

1.) after the fall I checked to see if I soiled myself as it hurt so bad when it popped out.

2.) I was afraid of getting banned for a welch so three days after the incident I did a FTF sale I had previously committed to.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Of my personal injuries.
1. Kidney stone
2. Broken rib
3. Dislocated jaw
4. Dislocated shoulder
5. Kicked in the nads
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:11:14 PM EDT
[#12]
The sleeping and not being able to run for a month or so was more of a pain in my ass.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:12:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Top of the list for me:

A.) In dialysis when they take out too much water. Its like having the backs of your legs ripped off for 20-30 minutes and then you get home and it happens all night long
B.) Kidney Stones
C.) Broken Arm
D.) large piece of metal into my kneecap

I would deal with B-D all over again with no issues if I could have A never happen again, but alas here I am sitting as the cramps are ruining another night.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#14]
My abscessed tooth was the absolute worst pain I've ever been in.  I'd take a herniated disk over an abscessed tooth any day.

But my dislocated shoulder was painful and I certainly wouldn't shrug it off (so to speak).
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I have popped the shoulder out twice.  Not a dislocation just popped it out and it went back in.  Hurt like hell for a week or so was stiff for about 3 weeks.  Now forty years latter It gets stiff when its cold and it does not take a whole lot to make it hurt.    Having my knees replaced was worse.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It will get your attention, but not bad like kidney stones.
View Quote

I've had both shoulders operated on and have had kidney stones.  Both suck, the shoulder pain lasts a lot longer though.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#18]
The first time is the worst.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:36:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, he made a face that indicated some paid was involved.     Luckily, he always has a car door handy.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#20]
For me, dieing tooth, fractured L5, broken ribs, dislocated shoulder.
The tooth incident was like nothing else I've ever been through.  I spent hours upon hours laying in fetal position wishing I could pass out, and that was with Percosets.
Fractured L5 kinda speaks for itself...and doesn't go away.
Broken ribs suck because there isn't shit you can do for them and breathing hurts.
Dislocated shoulder was tolerable once they dragged it back into place...after wrestling two matches with it separated.

From what I hear and have observed, kidney stones are the motherfuckers of the pain world.  Do not want!
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:41:12 PM EDT
[#21]
I dislocated my shoulder and had a tibia plateau fracture in the same incident.

I knew my shoulder was out, but all I was concerned with was my leg.  I felt dazed, tried to stand up.  As soon as I put weight on my right leg and I felt my leg give out and ENORMOUS pain as I fell back down.  The x-ray looked like I split my leg down the middle like a piece of firewood.  

Long story short, shoulder wasn't even noticed other than I couldn't move my arm.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:46:09 PM EDT
[#22]
I have had a broken arm, foot, T8 vertibrea,  a dislocated shoulder and ruptured a testicle.

The testicle obviously hurt the most. Followed by the shoulder.

The vertibrea pain never really goes away. The shoulder pain lasted a few weeks and was somewhat intense. The busted nut while intense enough to make me pass out,  went away a few days after surgery to repair it.

Yeah,  shoulder pain was up there for me on the misery scale.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#23]
I've had a full dislocation and then my pectoral muscle started spasming. Got a ride to the ER and got the sleepy juice for that one.

I've dislocated my shoulder at least 50 times, they range from straitening your back out to "get me a loaded gun, lets make this quick".

ETA broken a few bones, blew up my knee, crushed a finger, been cut and burned to many times to count, slid across a road on my face. Nothing was as bad a my top two or three dislocations.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:54:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Not terribly bad.

Not as bad as when I broke my foot.  Worse still than that was the time I screwed up my knee.  Didn't break anything, but I must have torn or dislocated something.  That hurt so much I started barfing.

ETA: Taylor (below) mentions pain being relative.  Very true.  Plus your body can compensate for it...Sort of.

When I felt my foot snap I got back up into a standing position, nothing hurt yet, and I kinda stood there for a few seconds to figure out what was going on.  Then I tried to take a step and the pain was excruciating.  Ten minutes later the endorphins had kicked in and I was sitting down laughing about having a broken foot...Actually at that point everything was funny.  

Then the endorphins wore off and it wasn't funny anymore, but a week later I was feeling good enough to wrap it up with an ace bandage and carefully walk on it as it was only the smallest bones busted.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:57:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Pain is so subjective it's not worth criticizing another's tolerance. Ive seen my dad twist his foot off (literally, i did a thread on it with pictures) into a partial amputation with only a small piece from top keeping it on. He stayed conscious and didnt scream even about 30 minutes later when firefighters were twisting it back around.
I've also seen same man snap his arm in half and holler only when we set it.
Then I've seen him like break a toe and be a total bitch.

Seen many things like that with people.

Daniel
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Break your femur then get back to me.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 9:02:57 PM EDT
[#27]
kidney stone was the worst so far... and my shoulder is currently torn to shit but can be calm with whiskey and pills. a kidney stone does not give a shit about whiskey and pills.

I've been in car wrecks, beat to shit in bar fights, snake bites, dog bites, electrocuted, broken bones, razor blade eye surgery,  - nothing but nothing hurts worse than a brutal slow ass pointy kidney stone.

That said, I have never suffered severe burns or been tortured by professionals so I would guess those might hurt more.

My cousin had a nut-sack cramp once and by his description of the experience and what the doctor had to do to fix it I think that tops whatever I have felt.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#28]
putting back in place is pretty high on thee pain scale
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 9:32:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Crashed my CR250 racing. I came up short on double.
I didn't go with the EMT's. I gab my buddy load my bike and gear and drive me to the hospital.
From crash to care was more than 90 minutes.
30 minutes after crash I was at a 8 of 10 in pain.
10= screaming.
Hurt a lot but worked through it till I got meds.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#30]
I've never had a dislocation, but I have had 3 surgeries on the same shoulder and needing a 4th right now.

It hurts, but it's a different flavor of pain if you have experienced as many injuries as I have.

While not bad enough to want to cry like a bitch about it, it's a achy dull pain that's always there and nothing helps relieve it. As in no position you can try and relax in makes it go away.

I would compare my experience to a mediocre case of the chiggers that lasts about 3 weeks.

Having the nerves in my legs wake back up after back surgery was the worst pain I've ever had. It laughed at IV dilaudid.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 9:45:07 PM EDT
[#31]
I fought two rounds in a boxing match with a dislocated shoulder before my corner threw in the towel.

So to answer your question: Not that bad.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 9:55:37 PM EDT
[#32]
In my life, I've dislocated my right shoulder probably 40 to 60 times.  The first dozen times required visits to the ER to put  back in.  After those first dozen or so, I was then able to put it back in for the next 40ish times.  

Then 2 years ago,I dislocated my shoulder in a hotel room while on business.  I couldn't get it in after trying several times and even managing to almost pass out after jerking on it so much.  So I nutted up and drove myself to the hospital.  After that trip, I dislocated my shoulder four more times over the next six months.  Each requiring a hospital visit to put back in.  The docs told Me i had so much scar tissue, that the bone would no longer slslide in without a lot of effort.  

So last yearI went and had my second shoulder surgery..  thank god I have not dislocated since.  The surgery wasn't nearly as painful as the first and I was back to work in Ten days.  

Is it painful?  Fuck yes it is.  It will completely immobilize you.  I truly wouldn't wish it on anyone.  

Posted from my cell, so disregard typos, etc.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 10:01:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I fought two rounds in a boxing match with a dislocated shoulder before my corner threw in the towel.

View Quote

I think you are confusing separated vs dislocated.  A dislocated shoulder will not allow you to hardly move the limb.  There is no way in hell you boxed with a fully dislocated joint.  Not unless you were high on drugs.  A separated shoulder that's partially out of the joint, yes I can see it, but no way for a full dislocation.

noW of course if this thread is just internet baddassary,I will just exit, but medically there is no way.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 10:05:09 PM EDT
[#34]
I separated my shoulder in 07 doing jujitsu and finished out the class. No way I could have done that with the dislocation.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 10:59:03 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

The first time is the worst.
View Quote
This..... The seven following that are cake.

Link Posted: 2/8/2014 11:19:37 PM EDT
[#36]
I don't know, supposedly I did it when I was <5 years old. Every now and then it will slip out of place, usually when I'm sleeping with my arm extended above my head and I roll over. Now that is an attention getter
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 11:29:10 PM EDT
[#37]
torn meniscus in both knees, hurts pretty bad the first time when it tears and your knee pops out, the next 30 or 40 times still hurt but after several hundred times popping out it isn't so bad if you can get your leg extended and the knee back where it belongs quickly.

herniated discs in neck and a ruined back that never quits hurting just suck, no pills work that they will give you anyway to relieve it

7 or 8 car wrecks, totaled 2 bikes, a really bad snowmobile crash, all that adds up with the sports injuries to a life in pain
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I think you are confusing separated vs dislocated.  A dislocated shoulder will not allow you to hardly move the limb.  There is no way in hell you boxed with a fully dislocated joint.  Not unless you were high on drugs.  A separated shoulder that's partially out of the joint, yes I can see it, but no way for a full dislocation.

noW of course if this thread is just internet baddassary,I will just exit, but medically there is no way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. No. Not confusing it at all. The limb was useless and I could only guard with my left while my right flopped around by my side.

I had to take 3 months of desk duty before my doc would let me go back online. Also, I have video to prove it.

It was a Battle of the Badges so I wasn't gonna quit unless I was dead.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Lol. No. Not confusing it at all. The limb was useless and I could only guard with my left while my right flopped around by my side.

View Quote

I'm delicate I'd throw in the towel.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 1:51:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Depends on your level of pain. Hurts more than a stubbed toe on the coffee table but less than a shattered femur.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Depends on your level of pain. Hurts more than a stubbed toe on the coffee table but less than a shattered femur.
View Quote

Actually my shattered femur hurt less. The pain of dislocating your shoulder goes away 87%
once it's popped back into the socket. The femur hurt a lot longer.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 2:15:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The sleeping and not being able to run for a month or so was more of a pain in my ass.
View Quote

That's how I feel about injuries.  It isn't the pain so much as the inconvenience.  Whenever I hurt myself I swear a blue-streak but it's mostly about the idea of being out of the game for a while.  Once I figure out I can still function I'm fine.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 2:20:35 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
That's how I feel about injuries.  It isn't the pain so much as the inconvenience.  Whenever I hurt myself I swear a blue-streak but it's mostly about the idea of being out of the game for a while.  Once I figure out I can still function I'm fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I lost a good 2 months of my life, didnt really get cleared till right before X mas. That was after I went to the second dr who went "wtf why didnt this other moron tell you to got to physical therapy?"

ETA: I'm wondering if maybe in retrospect I shouldn't have refused pain meds cause the subsequent pain was bad and I really couldn't sleep.

Link Posted: 2/9/2014 2:20:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Never dislocated a shoulder, but my knee was dislocated when I got hit by a ramp tug and was thrown a fair distance.  Popped back into place within 5 minutes.  Line service manager looked at me and said "well, you're still walking" and acted like it was just another night at the airport, after the guy driving the tug took me back to the hangar and reported the incident.  I don't think they ever did fix the brakes on that tug.

Was sore for a few days, and I could tell when it was going to rain for a few years.

Knocked a fairly heavy block of steel off a workbench, and the corner landed on my toe.  Hurt more than the dislocated knee.  The toe turned black, so I went to the ER.  They took x-rays, told me it was shattered, buddy-taped it, told me to see an ortho, and sent me home.

Herniated C6-C7 disc was much more painful.  At the time, I described it as 'somebody jabbing a dull knife into my collarbone'.

Herniated L5-S1 disc wasn't fun, either, and there were a couple times I would have been willing to accept amputating my left leg, if it would have stopped the pain from the disc putting pressure on a nerve.  Fortunately, those two incidents didn't last long.

Worst was the kidney stone.  Took two months to pass it.  Felt like shit, the whole time.  When the pain got really bad, all I could do was crawl to the bathroom, pull myself up to the toilet bowl, and puke til I had the dry heaves.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 2:22:57 PM EDT
[#45]
8/10 while its out.. And whe it still hurts once its back in its like a 1 comparatively...
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 2:24:16 PM EDT
[#46]
well behind kidney stones and abscessed wisdom tooth.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 2:24:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Not as bad as when I snapped both bones in my forearm. Took 2 months before swelling went down enough to even get a cast put on.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#48]
As posted before, not as bad as a kidney stone.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I got it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got it

I was in the middle of nowhere hunting with a friend and mine popped out, so I did a Riggs and slammed it into a tree and got it back in. Screamed like a little girl but was good as new after a minute or so
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 2:26:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top