BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:54:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just updated with Detroit AAR.  Thanks for all the support!
View Quote

Congrats on the win Jeff! I know from timing some pit stops that what you quote is a wicked fast driver change. If you know of video online I'd be interested to watch your pit stop(s).
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to ARFCOM and thank you for the great posts and photos. Will you be at COTA this year? I will be working it so I'll stop by to say hello.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 4:16:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#5]
congrats on the win

now.. get a BFL on the car
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:55:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I will be at Cota this year, both for my race in the Tudor United Sportscar Championship and coaching the Ferrari Challenge race which is the same weekend as F1 as a support race.  Please do stop by!

Quoted:
Welcome to ARFCOM and thank you for the great posts and photos. Will you be at COTA this year? I will be working it so I'll stop by to say hello.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:19:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I just came across this thread. Great to see the pic's and get the back ground.
I was at the Daytona 24 hour Rolex. If you ran across the historic event at Daytona 24 hour in the fan zone or the historic on track, I was there helping my Cousin who puts that together for Daytona. Maybe we will run into each other in Jan for the next 24 Hour.

Cheers and best of luck.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Here are a few recent press clippings and interviews since Detroit & Laguna:

http://mylifeatspeed.com/five-minutes-with-jeff-westphal/

http://www.cavallino.com/2014/05/31/ferrari-is-victorious-in-detroit/

Getting ready for the Watkins Glen 6HR in 2 weeks time..... :)
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 12:15:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Just landed in upstate NY last night, and finished my Fox "Good Day Rochester" interviews preceding this weekends race.  See the links here;

Good Day Rochester pt. 1

Good Day Rochester Pt. 2
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 10:51:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I will be at Cota this year, both for my race in the Tudor United Sportscar Championship and coaching the Ferrari Challenge race which is the same weekend as F1 as a support race.  Please do stop by!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Jeff - any chance you will be at Road America for the Ferrari Challenge event July 11-13

Thanks
Peter
www.wisconsinracingscene.com
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 8:33:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Best of luck to You and Your fine Team!

Any TV coverage?  As a once-way-back-when F-16A/B Tech, I can appreciate High Performance machines, even if they were antiques.

The Ol' Crew Chief
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Good luck at the Glen Jeff. I hope to race there next month.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 10:38:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Jeff - any chance you will be at Road America for the Ferrari Challenge event July 11-13

Thanks
Peter
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks
Peter

Unfortunately I will be racing at Mosport that same weekend, so I will not be attending Ferrari Challenge Road America.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 10:39:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Best of luck to You and Your fine Team!

Any TV coverage?  As a once-way-back-when F-16A/B Tech, I can appreciate High Performance machines, even if they were antiques.

The Ol' Crew Chief
View Quote

Thanks c130!  F16's were one of my favorite jets we had in our service in that era.  TV coverage is Live on Fox Sports 1, race start is 11:15am EST
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 10:40:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Good luck at the Glen Jeff. I hope to race there next month.
View Quote

Such an awesome track, one of my favorites!
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I love this thread so much. Thank you for all the updates Jeff, and the "inside baseball" style look at the entire thing. This is fantastic. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#17]
the 63 is not having a good time..
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some days You're the windshield...some days the bug.
I watched some of the race. I wish NASCAR would run the boot.

The Ol' Crew Chief
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I love this thread so much. Thank you for all the updates Jeff, and the "inside baseball" style look at the entire thing. This is fantastic. Thanks again.
View Quote

No problem, thanks for checking in!
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 11:37:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The Ol' Crew Chief
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Ol' Crew Chief

Yea it was an up and down weekend for us.  My drive went well, but we had a little run in with a bone head in a Porsche.....
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 3:32:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yea it was an up and down weekend for us.  My drive went well, but we had a little run in with a bone head in a Porsche.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Ol' Crew Chief

Your weekend sounds like mine...
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 10:08:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Ol' Crew Chief

Same here. Must be the ArfCom curse....
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 10:16:49 PM EDT
[#23]
see, next race all 3 of you will be winners..
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 10:46:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's quite possible as we all race in different classes. Now that would be a great coup for ARFCOM...
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's quite possible as we all race in different classes. Now that would be a great coup for ARFCOM...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps. Our cars will get killed at Mosport. It would have to be a miracle. Just don't have the grunt of the C7 or the Viper. The Glen was our track to have. But it's brutal on left hand side tires, and that sadly was part of our downfall.

Burbanite... Anyway we can get Ed a few extra psi just for him? Or less? Gentleman drivers are a part of the sport, but it would be nice to either get around him, or have him pull away, lol.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Do you guys race in the same class as the corvettes? How are they running this year?
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 9:40:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Awesome thread.  When I was a teen, I did F&C for SCCA in addition, I volunteered on a Formula 440 team.  I wanted to get into sportscar racing, but the time and location that I lived in, really didn't support it, so I went into aircraft maintenance.

My wife has a good friend, who her husband crews on the 93 Viper.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:43:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like this idea!
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:46:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Do you guys race in the same class as the corvettes? How are they running this year?
View Quote

We do not.  The corvette is a GT2 spec (for ease of understanding) which is what the GTLM is.  Our Ferrari is largely a GT3 Spec which is what the GTD class consists of.  Yet we all share the same real estate and pitlane.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:50:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Awesome thread.  When I was a teen, I did F&C for SCCA in addition, I volunteered on a Formula 440 team.  I wanted to get into sportscar racing, but the time and location that I lived in, really didn't support it, so I went into aircraft maintenance.

View Quote

Awesome!  I have a good friend that drives the 93 SRT.  Based on your signature I'm guessing you work for Delta?  Thanks for keeping us safe in the air!!!!
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:39:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Watkins Glen is where I'm at.

Awesome OP!
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:57:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Awesome!  I have a good friend that drives the 93 SRT.  Based on your signature I'm guessing you work for Delta?  Thanks for keeping us safe in the air!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep Delta aircraft mechanic.  I'm possibly moving into a maintenance support role at work (cubicle land).  If I end up there, I have threatened my wife with making on of my Dad's 3 Spitfires race ready, or picking up either a Formula Vee or a Spec Miata.

No delusions of grandeur, I just want to have some fun on the track.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:57:26 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I like this idea!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I like this idea!
just remember to keep the crumbly bits in one piece this time!

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yep Delta aircraft mechanic.  I'm possibly moving into a maintenance support role at work (cubicle land).  If I end up there, I have threatened my wife with making on of my Dad's 3 Spitfires race ready, or picking up either a Formula Vee or a Spec Miata.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure of your local region with scca, but in CA spec miata has 30-40 car fields which make for great racing!
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 12:18:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Mosport AAR report finally updated, sorry for the delay all!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Mr. Beckham,

You should throw up some pics of that grotesque Subaru you drive. ..
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:04:16 AM EDT
[#38]
In all seriousness I didn't know you had this blog going on Jeff... Good stuff along with the TNVC support... Im sure I'll see you and Mike and the rest of GST crew at SuperLap...

Me hoopty...

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/o-townFLA/2013_SLB_GTA/b7b553a195c058b9b9ad7ab2a331097d.jpg

-Matt
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Congrats on the big win Jeff!!

Didn't get to see much of your race, we were dealing with our own drama sadly. I'll have to watch the replay of this one, it quite the shit storm out there.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Awesome thread!
Check out the Momo Slowmo vids on the /DRIVE channel on youtube.

There's some great shots of #63!

I'm in Austin, so I'm planning on heading out to COTA for the race. I'll definitely swing by and say hi.

And if y'all have any room for any volunteers, I can push a broom and mop like a mad man!

But I'm probably about worthless for anything else y'all have going on.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:58:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Congrats on the big win Jeff!!

Didn't get to see much of your race, we were dealing with our own drama sadly. I'll have to watch the replay of this one, it quite the shit storm out there.
View Quote

Thank you!  To win at Indy felt incredible!

Sorry for your troubled weekend
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:58:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
+1 on the great win at Indy Jeff!!

Vic
View Quote

Thanks Vic
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:00:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Awesome thread!Check out the Momo Slowmo vids on the /DRIVE channel on youtube.
There's some great shots of #63!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHa6PXrV-yIjg7Nl19ApFimfMKawp7vhs

I'm in Austin, so I'm planning on heading out to COTA for the race. I'll definitely swing by and say hi.
And if y'all have any room for any volunteers, I can push a broom and mop like a mad man!

But I'm probably about worthless for anything else y'all have going on.

View Quote

You're right, some of the vids do have some sweet slow motion shots of our 63 Ferrari.  I like the Corkscrew one, and the Turn 17 @ Sebring edit!

Please do stop by in COTA, I am looking forward to that event greatly.  It's always cool to meet my fellow arfcommers

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:12:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Mr. Beckham,

You should throw up some pics of that grotesque Subaru you drive. ..
View Quote

Good Call!

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:18:28 AM EDT
[#46]
So since it was requested, I will share with you all a car that I drive in North American Time Attack.  Time Attack is a form of motorsports where shops/teams (usually small businesses with a passion for speed and power) build the most extreme machine they can to go for an all out track record for a production based car.  With that said, some years ago I met Mike Warfield, Owner of GST Motorsports in Hayward, CA.  Mike is famous for knowing his way around a Subaru EJ series engine, and has been cranking more power (reliably) than anyone else in the world.  He and I have a working arrangement where I give my feedback, and he makes the car faster

Here are some Videos that will give you a better idea of this beast, which i can say is UNREAL to drive.  The power surprises me every time I sit in it, with out fail.

A Weekend At GST Motorsports *NOT WORK FRIENDLY, USE HEADPHONES!

GTA Road Atlanta Track Record
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:30:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:41:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Congrats Jeff and team, I saw you and Alessandro heading back with the spoils, they will look good beside the Detroit hardware.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Going to order my tickets for COTA soon!!!!
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top