Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#1]
OP's gotta be trolling. First he's worried about having to "sale" his house and move again, then it was "paid for in cash".
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:33:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP's gotta be trolling. First he's worried about having to "sale" his house and move again, then it was "paid for in cash".
View Quote

I wouldn't want to try to sell a home that is paid for in a place where the economy sucks either but I would if I found a job where I would have to move.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:35:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Was a truck driver but with neck injury cannot get medical renewed do to so mechanical skills laborer  til i get neck fixxed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was a truck driver however I have a neck injury and cannot get my medical coverage renewed*. I do have mechanical skills, so I can work as a  laborer  until I get my neck fixed.
View Quote

FIFY

*Unless you mean you can't pass the CDL physical
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:41:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

FIFY

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was a truck driver however I have a neck injury and cannot get my medical coverage renewed*. I do have mechanical skills, so I can work as a  laborer  until I get my neck fixed.

FIFY

I am pretty sure that is what he ment.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:45:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Was a truck driver but with neck injury cannot get medical renewed do to so mechanical skills laborer  til i get neck fixxed.
View Quote

Well, if the rigs are not hiring and you cant get your CDL, perhaps you should look into the supporting industries.

I know Range is hiring.

MarkWest is always looking for laborers at their pipe yard in Bridgeville.

Keystone containment out towards Imperial might be looking for laborers.

traffic control companies are always looking for good, ontime, non drunk traffic controllers.

Local site prep and pipeline companies like Alex Paris are always looking for guys.

Horizontal Wireline services is looking for responsible guys.

I'm not even in the business, but I know whats up.

Please don't PM me about any of this... contact those companies please.

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:47:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes medical issues, and yes house is paid for was a truck driver almost all my life for the selling of guns its not to put food on table it would be for other things line stuff for my daughter to enjoy, as for being a troll wtf
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:50:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yes medical issues, and yes house is paid for was a truck driver almost all my life for the selling of guns its not to put food on table it would be for other things line stuff for my daughter to enjoy, as for being a troll wtf
View Quote

Do you have a pick-up and a trailer and a clean record?

You have contacts?

Hot shot loads.

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:56:30 PM EDT
[#9]
No pick up or trailer--- as for clean record yes
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Maybe she should think outside the box. Is she a pharmacist?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wife hasn't worked since June.... Obamacare pretty much closed the pharmacy she worked at. No one is hiring around here due to the reduced payments and uncertainty with it....Hasn't even gotten an interview and UI ran out last week.

Welcome to the new normal.

Nationally Certified Tech... and handicapped. That's the real rub. All she needs is a stool for accommodation but that's too much to ask for according to at least one employer... Due to her disabilities and age, she's pretty limited to what she can do these days. No one wants a handicapped 50 year old employee no matter how good they are. That's simply the way it works. can't say I blame them,

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:57:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And ur prolly talking bout nwpa like toward towanda pa
View Quote

SWPA.  Washington, Fayette, and Greene counties.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was looking for work while on sinking ship i live in swpa not alot of work here, i had a interview last week amd hoping to get a call. There are alot of sinking ships in the area we just bought out house lil over 3 years ago and hate to have to sale this place and move again
View Quote

I don't know what line of work you were in, but I have several friends who work in the natural gas field here in NE PA.  Areas in western PA are said to be very busy with NG work as well.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
And ur prolly talking bout nwpa like toward towanda pa
View Quote

Towanda is in NE PA.  There is a lot of drilling and related work going on here.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:02:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Op what are your skills?
View Quote

1) Can typ 55 werds per minut

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:04:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

No pick up or trailer--- as for clean record yes

View Quote
What about that other stuff I mentioned? Did you read it?

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:08:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes i did, alot of companys in gas industry wont hire me becuase of meds i have to take
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:09:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Nationally Certified Tech... and handicapped. That's the real rub. All she needs is a stool for accommodation but that's too much to ask for according to at least one employer... Due to her disabilities and age, she's pretty limited to what she can do these days. No one wants a handicapped 50 year old employee no matter how good they are. That's simply the way it works. can't say I blame them,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wife hasn't worked since June.... Obamacare pretty much closed the pharmacy she worked at. No one is hiring around here due to the reduced payments and uncertainty with it....Hasn't even gotten an interview and UI ran out last week.

Fire up the discrimination lawsuit
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yes i did, alot of companys in gas industry wont hire me becuase of meds i have to take
View Quote

OK so you are on meds and the big boys wont hire you because of liability issues, but you could get a CDL if your neck wasn't screwed up?

OR, is the real issue the meds in the first place?

Something doesn't sound right.  Can you pass a drug test?

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:15:35 PM EDT
[#19]
You know what your problem is?  You rely on the government.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:16:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#21]
O yea i can pass drug test, real issue is spent first 3 years of my daughters life away, i cant pass medical card my blood pressure is over do to neck and with the spurs in my neck i cant turn it far enuff to drive tractor anymore. I had c1 c2 fusion bone spurs are setting in
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

O yea i can pass drug test, real issue is spent first 3 years of my daughters life away, i cant pass medical card my blood pressure is over do to neck and with the spurs in my neck i cant turn it far enuff to drive tractor anymore. I had c1 c2 fusion bone spurs are setting in
View Quote

The big boys wont hire you because of high blood pressure?  Come on.

How about painting gas fixtures in the field?  can you do that?

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:23:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

My dad was gone half the time my entire life.   He did what he had to do to put food on the table.  

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:25:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Did u guys not see where i interviewed this past week and it looks good
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:31:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

no because your hard to read.

I edited my remarks

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:33:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Maybe this is not comming out right. We are doing fine wife has a job. Ive worked my entire life uptil dec 9th 2013 ive had a job. I have worked my ass off my house is paid for in cash when i was 29 years old its just no extra $$. I just know there are plenty of pplout there that need the euc til they find a job. Turning phones and internet is not smart u can do alot of research
View Quote

Yeah maybe not.....I'm getting a fuck'in headache
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:34:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

So all of the locals that are giving you advice and leads that you are leading on are wasting their breath?
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:34:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Im working on that also,lol i use iphone and its easy to get ahead of myself
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:37:25 PM EDT
[#30]
"Engrish ain't you're strung suite 13'er, eh?"
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Im working on that also,lol i use iphone and its easy to get ahead of myself
View Quote

well then if the companies I listed wont hire you or you don't want to work for them and you cant get a driving job I suggest changing careers and if that's something you want to do, then please follow this mans advice:

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:43:00 PM EDT
[#32]
I started this to see if other members were having issues, not for help looking for a job  altho i appreciate the insight. My wife does not want me to go out of town any more. She wants me to find local work and be a family may have to struggle a lil but rather be together if i loose a cpl guns along so be it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#33]
You probably came to the worst place in the world to ask about something being wrong with you UE check.  

Did the mail man leave it under your work boots possibly?
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Yes but what you fail to see is that most here would not take unemployment unless they truly need it. So therefor they were under the impression you needed a job.

The fact that you have an iPhone with a data plan you are not on "hard times". The reason 30% of our income goes to the fed is because people think that they are entitled to the money that is just given out. Besides if they don't take it then someone else will right?

Honestly I hate having to pay for peoples cable and internet because they can't keep a job. Sorry if that is harsh but you are talking about "extra" spending money and you came here to see if anyone else was having problems getting their money too.

Look up active duty E5 pay then feed me a sad story of how hard it is to make ends meet or having to leave your family to pay bills.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You probably came to the worst place in the world to ask about something being wrong with you UE check.  

View Quote

Where did i ask for help i simply was asking a question and ppl want to point finger
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Are you a English teacher
View Quote

Love when the grammar police fail at grammar policing....

How about "AN"  
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:15:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

How about "AN"  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you a English teacher

How about "AN"  

I thought that was part of the joke.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe she could get a job with an insurance company helping to review prescriptions?
It's a thought.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:15:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Op if you have mechanical abilities and know or are willing to learn truck and trailer systems there are jobs out there. I came out of the army as a heavy equipment operator. There were no jobs in that field here at the time because the oil field was in a bust cycle (1991).
Got a job in truck parts and have been in that field ever since. I made over 50K last year but my employer believes in paying good money for good people.

With your driving experience you might be able to get a job dispatching.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:17:35 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Where did i ask for help i simply was asking a question and ppl want to point finger
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I love you type of guys. You ask a question, then state your position, and then get your question answered and it was answered by someone already, then when someone comes along that might be able to help you, instead of concentrating on getting that help, you get all mad because other people who could care less about you make fun of your spelling.

Good luck on the job search and pay attention next time because theres not a lot of guys in the world willing to give two shits about you.

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:17:47 PM EDT
[#41]

doubletap

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:24:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Op what are your skills?

Me too. But I can only spel for
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Maybe she could get a job with an insurance company helping to review prescriptions?
It's a thought.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a thought.

That's actually the direction we're looking. She specialized in claims.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top