Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 2:57:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Naked on Two
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 3:09:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Les would kick ass -- don't want to see him naked though.
View Quote

true but if he and cody did a show they'd make cordage from thier pubes ..make a bow drill and one would work the box while the other held the base...team work wins in a "survival " situation

Link Posted: 2/15/2014 3:20:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
none could survive Newark NJ
View Quote

Why would you want to?
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 3:44:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That being said op, I have no desire to see any of their penises and/or assholes.
View Quote

Lost it!!  Have been laughing for at least 3 minutes!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 3:07:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Doubt it.

He has shown more than once flint-n-steel and fire bow demonstration.

I believe he's the real deal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Used to find lighters and all kinds of stuff on the beaches around Okinawa..  If it floats it'll find beach.

Ok it could have been possible but maybe he should have passed on it for the sake of the show?

Doubt it.

He has shown more than once flint-n-steel and fire bow demonstration.

I believe he's the real deal.

he's also filmed himself/admitted more than once failing at fire or fucking the pooch a few times. unlike other " survival" shows out there that have to script such things,,,,

now finding a bic..thats have rusted that works was rusty...mine was in my day pack,,looked new...seized tight wouldnt work..

Link Posted: 2/16/2014 3:18:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This is why there are palm trees fucking everywhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Used to find lighters and all kinds of stuff on the beaches around Okinawa..  If it floats it'll find beach.

This is why there are palm trees fucking everywhere.

Are lighters an aphrodisiac for trees?
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 3:45:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, the things he does and puts up with are incredible. The Tierra Del Fuego episode from this season was pretty brutal. He ended up stuck in an old gaucho shack for a week with nothing to eat but a piece of old fat and some flour. He even had a .22 with him, and this was probably the toughest episode I have ever seen. That would be hell to try to live out there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think he could survive just about anything, the man knows how to survive

Yeah, the things he does and puts up with are incredible. The Tierra Del Fuego episode from this season was pretty brutal. He ended up stuck in an old gaucho shack for a week with nothing to eat but a piece of old fat and some flour. He even had a .22 with him, and this was probably the toughest episode I have ever seen. That would be hell to try to live out there.

I liked that episode.

The guy knows what he is doing,

The first time I saw Bear Grylls after watching Les I was like this douche is doing all kinds of crazy shit a person couldn't/ shouldn't be doing alone in a survival situation..

That and he has a penchant for his own piss..
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 7:10:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I watched Les Stroud's latest survival show and I was really shocked when he just happened to find a cigarette lighter laying around on a desolate island! He really started his career out by doing things that no one had ever done. He went out in the wilds and survived. I had started thinking toward the end of his series "Survivor Man" I started thinking of him as "MacGyver Man" instead because he had started setting up situations and then showed how you could survive by using items that are available. Bicycles, suba gear, ect.  His latest work "Frigate Island" he just happens to find a butane cigarette lighter laying around on some rocks. Bear Grylls would have been proud! While Les does command respect form anyone that studies "survival" and he is far from being a phony I changed channels after he "found" that lighter that had been there long enough to leave rust stains on the rock where it was found and oh boy it still worked!

I bet if they could get Les Stroud and Cody Lundin to do "Naked and Afraid" it would be very successful. N&A really seems tuff how you only get one item to take with you. I think that grubby SOB Dave Canterbury would thrive living like a animal for 21 days.
View Quote

The early concept for the show was to "re enact" common survival disasters that the audience could find themselves in.

That is why some episodes start with him next to a downed aircraft or a broken motorcycle in Baja. or a raft in the pacific or a car in Norway.

As far as finding things in remote locations I a working, loaded, rusted single barrel 12 ga in the mountains of north Carolina. There is a lot of weird shit out there and it is important for people to realize that macgyverisms are a part of survival as well as observation and scavenging.

Les Stroud would have little problem with naked and afraid.
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 7:42:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

yep. A real hippy. I'd take dave canterbury over him any day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that Cody Lundin guy for real?

yep. A real hippy. I'd take dave canterbury over him any day.
You do know why Dave isn't on the show anymore right?

Link Posted: 2/16/2014 7:43:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
He showed where the rust from the lighter had rust on the rock so it wasn't put there by anyone else
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

he just happens to find a butane cigarette lighter laying around on some rocks.

Not at all improbable.

I have been on several "deserted" islands around the world, you can't imagine some of the junk that washes ashore.

He showed where the rust from the lighter had rust on the rock so it wasn't put there by anyone else
The amount of rust was about 48hrs worth at most in a salt water environment.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top