Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:46:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First of all don't call me dude 13er, you haven't been here long enough to know jack shit.
I do moire for the second Amendment in a month than you do all you life.

I don't have anything against this, what I do have is a knowledge that someone is going to pay a tab for this brace when they shoulder it and use it not as intended.
If it's so cut and dry legal why are you worried about sunshine?  

I did not write the ATF Tech branch letter for one reason, that is I know what the outcome will be and it's not good for anyone using this as a shouldering device

Lastly, don't ever tell me or anyone else what to write, this isn't your site, If I break the COC someone one a lot more knowledgable will come along and tell me about it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder what would happen if you were shooting in the woods and a police officer came across you and told you to drop the weapon?
What do you do with the thing strapped to your wrist?
Oh thats right, it's not strapped to your wrist , it's shouldered and thats what is creating the buzz at the ATF and starting the push to reclassify it.

Dude just leave it alone already.  Wy do you have such a hard-on against this thing.  If you're worried, don't get one.  All this fear-mongering you're doing in these threads is bullshit, just leave it alone.  Or, do what it looks like you really want to do and write a letter to the ATF detailing how "you're just trying to save your fellow gun owner, but it's your duty to let the ATF know it's being used improperly"

Yikes man, get off it already.

All your threads do is draw negative attention to this thing
First of all don't call me dude 13er, you haven't been here long enough to know jack shit.

I don't have anything against this, what I do have is a knowledge that someone is going to pay a tab for this brace when they shoulder it and use it not as intended.

I did not write the ATF Tech branch letter for one reason, that is I know what the outcome will be and it's not good for anyone using this as a shouldering device

Lastly, don't ever tell me or anyone else what to write, this isn't your site, If I break the COC someone one a lot more knowledgable will come along and tell me about it.

Why do you have such a hard on for it jrzy?
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'll go with this guy less than 100 post since '07 and he uses this months  one to call a spade a spade.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If the ATF does it will be because of all the f'ing fuds and douchbags crying about it. Just go back to reading your back issues with Zumbo and stay away from inanimate objects that scare you! People like you are worse for gun owners than Pelosi

I'll go with this guy less than 100 post since '07 and he uses this months  one to call a spade a spade.
You mean the guy who didn't have the balls to call me a douche bag directly so he says

"because of all the f'ing fuds and douchbags crying about it"

That guy?

You know all you guys crying about me posting this are mad , why?

Because it goes against what you want to be true.

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:47:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder what would happen if you were shooting in the woods and a police officer came across you and told you to drop the weapon?
Oh thats right, it's not strapped to your wrist , it's shouldered and thats what is creating the buzz at the ATF and starting the push to reclassify it.

Dude just leave it alone already.  Wy do you have such a hard-on against this thing.  If you're worried, don't get one.  All this fear-mongering you're doing in these threads is bullshit, just leave it alone.  Or, do what it looks like you really want to do and write a letter to the ATF detailing how "you're just trying to save your fellow gun owner, but it's your duty to let the ATF know it's being used improperly"

Wow. . . . Lighten the fuck up Francis.

that has to be the most pretentious thing I've read on ARF in a long time. . . "Dont call me dude. . .you haven't been here long enough to know jack shit"

I take it you know him personally
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Jrzy:

In all seriousness, you seem like a good guy and a passionate gun owner.  That said, I don't think this is going to go the way you expected.  I don't think you'll get anyone in here thanking you for your premonitions or outward rally cries against this brace.  If anything, it seems like you have sketchy intentions at best, and bad intentions at worst.

If you want to keep arguing with the whole forum go for it, but just realize that no one is seeing you as a white knight.  Not trying to be a dick, just trying to provide a little insight as to why the backlash.  

Also, if what you say about your efforts with the second amendment are true, I applaud you.  I too work hard to protect our 2A freedoms, and I think at the end of the day we should keep it in perspective that we're all ultimately on the same side
View Quote

Wow, no clue....
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:48:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

A pistol buffer tube works as a stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you put a revolver on your shoulder and fire it, does that make it illegal?  

No.

If you install something that works as a stock you create an SBR

Your analogy was deceptive

NOT MODIFIED

It's as it is made

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha, you just pulled rank on another member. You're one of those assholes huh..
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:49:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You mean the guy who didn't have the balls to call me a douche bag directly so he says

That guy?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the ATF does it will be because of all the f'ing fuds and douchbags crying about it. Just go back to reading your back issues with Zumbo and stay away from inanimate objects that scare you! People like you are worse for gun owners than Pelosi

That guy?

Or it could just be that it looks like you're kinda being a dick to anyone who disagrees with you in the slightest. But I suppose it could be what you said too.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They could do this with a plain pistol buffer tube.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

When the ATF decides it's time

They will take a video of some poor schmuck shouldering it at a public range, maybe he even removed the straps from it too.

The Fed prosecutor looks at the video, the guy is using it as a stock (against the "used as designed" clause in the tech branch letter)

Looks at the definition of a rifle in the federal laws and decides he has a case, at that point sig is not going to help because the guy used it not as intended.

I don't want this to happen but stevie wonder could see this coming.

You don't get as good as the sig brace when shouldering

Also You think looks don't matter?

The sig brace looks like a stock

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The letter from the ATF to sig says used as designed I believe
In other words the ATf knows people are shouldering it and are waiting for a test case?

Anyone here saying they won't fuck gun owners on this issue is delusional according to the track record.
Also, who ever owns one of these ask your self this , how would you like to be a test case where the ATF has you of very clear video at a public gun range shouldering this and never using it as a arm brace strapped to your wrist?
Think you'd get indicted ?

If I have a reg SBR and put a pistol buffer tube on it along with this sig brace think my SBR is no longer an SBR?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is there talk of the ATF reclassifying it?
I thought it was sort of iffy. I bet it was shoulder more often than strapped to ones arm.
Who couldn't see it being used as shoulder stock and not an arm brace>
The letter from the ATF to sig says used as designed I believe
In other words the ATf knows people are shouldering it and are waiting for a test case?

Anyone here saying they won't fuck gun owners on this issue is delusional according to the track record.
Also, who ever owns one of these ask your self this , how would you like to be a test case where the ATF has you of very clear video at a public gun range shouldering this and never using it as a arm brace strapped to your wrist?
Think you'd get indicted ?

If I have a reg SBR and put a pistol buffer tube on it along with this sig brace think my SBR is no longer an SBR?

Oh, you mean like the FLIR promo video for their new line up?
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:49:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Well enjoy guys. I'm out. It's now a pissing thread.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#11]
These fucking laws are stupid, like potato stupid.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just write your fucking letter to the ATF already and stop with these stupid threads.  You're worse than lone survivor guy.  All you do is bitch and whine about this thing.  
View Quote

Isn't that the truth..
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#13]
What a douche bag!
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed and now I'm out

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
NOT MODIFIED
It's as it is made

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

NOT MODIFIED
It's as it is made

So is the arm brace. IT'S NOT MODIFIED.
Thanks for writing a letter for all of us on an approved product. Maybe you'll become famous for it, like Gemtech.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Didn't you used to pride yourself on being a bad ass street fighter, or am I thinking of a different jrzy?

When did you become a hall monitor?      

That's basically the antithesis of what it means to be a Jersey guy.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:53:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They will take a video of some poor schmuck shouldering it at a public range, maybe he even removed the straps from it too.
The Fed prosecutor looks at the video, the guy is using it as a stock (against the "used as designed" clause in the tech branch letter)
Looks at the definition of a rifle in the federal laws and decides he has a case, at that point sig is not going to help because the guy used it not as intended.

I'm saying functionally it doesn't matter. If they were going to press the issue to the point of "if you can shoulder it, it's a stock" then every AR pistol or Mares Leg is now an illegal SBR. If they really wanted to push the definition, using a pistol with two hands could be considered "not using it as designed" to be fired one handed.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:54:21 PM EDT
[#19]
And the more dumbasses that get butthurt over it and start threads over its uses are the reason we dont have nice things.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Aside from all the jibber jabber, what does the LAW say?? I don't much care what ATF says, even though I should.  

Define a pistol, using only the federal definition.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:57:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Jrzy:

In all seriousness, you seem like a good guy and a passionate gun owner.  That said, I don't think this is going to go the way you expected.  I don't think you'll get anyone in here thanking you for your premonitions or outward rally cries against this brace.  If anything, it seems like you have sketchy intentions at best, and bad intentions at worst.

If you want to keep arguing with the whole forum go for it, but just realize that no one is seeing you as a white knight.  Not trying to be a dick, just trying to provide a little insight as to why the backlash.  

Also, if what you say about your efforts with the second amendment are true, I applaud you.  I too work hard to protect our 2A freedoms, and I think at the end of the day we should keep it in perspective that we're all ultimately on the same side
View Quote
I guess you don't know what I do or have done to help us all.

The sig brace does not hurt my business, it has even helped boost sales of the AR Pistols we build (no we don't install these things)

We build and sell AR's

You have no idea the IM's in support of what I have been saying.

What fucking motive could I have to want the ATF to put a stop to these braces being used as stocks?

NONE

White knight?

I don't give a fuck about credit.

You know whos fucking everyone who bought the sig brace?

The guys who are making it super obvious at public ranges, bragging about it, taking the straps off of it.

Have you bothered to read the Sig tech branch letter?

It says it's not illegal if used as intended as an arm brace

Why do you think the ATF wrote the letter with that language?

"Used as intended"

Because it left the door open for prosecution in federal court if they so desire.

And if you're placing your faith in the ATF and a federal prosecutors good will toward men you're delusional  

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:57:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Please excuse me while I get on my knees and beg that the robber only takes my money, not my life. That will surely solve everything.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't, I have a real concern for the poor bastard they make an example out of, or all who have taken the straps off and are flaunting it in the ATF's face, like waving a red flag in a Bulls face.

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:01:00 PM EDT
[#24]
how is one supposed to hold it if brace is on pistol and you wish not to strap it to your arm?
when used as a cheek weld it appears that its being shouldered when in fact its not an effective stock as it is short..
it needs to come out a few more clicks to be long enough to be a stock. at least for me it would

are we still allowed to use two hands?.. and use the buffer as a cheek weld?
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:01:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Haha, you just pulled rank on another member. You're one of those assholes huh..
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, I was irked

It does look assholsih but I don't delete things like that, it reminds me not to be an asshole most of the time

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:01:51 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote
Thats a fact

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

What a douche bag!
View Quote
Who is a douche bag ?

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Please excuse me while I get on my knees and beg that the robber only takes my money, not my life. That will surely solve everything.
View Quote

What?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:03:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Thanks for writing a letter for all of us on an approved product. Maybe you'll become famous for it, like Gemtech.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

NOT MODIFIED

It's as it is made

The arm barce isn't modified, the AR pistol becomes modified when you install the brace on it.

I didn't write the tech branch letter

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:04:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I don't, I have a real concern for the poor bastard they make an example out of, or all who have taken the straps off and are flaunting it in the ATF's face, like waving a red flag in a Bulls face.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you tried reading your last post? You pulled rank, called him a 13'er, told him not to call you "dude" and then told him he doesn't know shit.

If you're concerned, don't buy one and move on. . . .

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:05:04 PM EDT
[#31]
There is a lot of wishful thinking in here. The first time I saw a picture of one, I thought to myself that it was a federal prosecution waiting to happen. Anyone that thinks the ATF won't make an example of somebody(s) over something like this is dreaming.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:05:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Have you bothered to read the Sig tech branch letter?
It says it's not illegal if used as intended as an arm brace
View Quote

I have, it says; "FTB finds the the submitted forearm brace, when attached to a firearm, does not convert the weapon to be fired from the shoulder and would not alter the classification of a pistol or other firearm."

Drop it already.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I'm saying functionally it doesn't matter. If they were going to press the issue to the point of "if you can shoulder it, it's a stock" then every AR pistol or Mares Leg is now an illegal SBR. If they really wanted to push the definition, using a pistol with two hands could be considered "not using it as designed" to be fired one handed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mares legs aren't modified, the AR pistol as it comes from the factory is not modified

The sig brace modifies the AR pistol.

Silly silly laws I do not agree with

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Laminate and save your compliance letter that comes with the stabilizer brace

View Quote

All the rest is chicken little bullshit

That letter says "used as intended as a wrist brace"

Good luck if the ATF decides to make a test case

You might even win (after you are bankrupted)

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Just lock the thread already..... So much Herp Derp spewing from the OP. Ether a troll or just wants some attention
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Not only is ATF going to shut that down soon, but people just tend to ignore state gun laws. If some State Attorney's Office / Sheriff's Office in Florida wanted to push it, that's an illegal SBR under state law.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Everyone is wrong and I have done stuff that is important, you don't understand because of ATF and what not!! Look at me I need attention!!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Mares legs aren't modified, the AR pistol as it comes from the factory is not modified

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sig makes and sells factory AR pistols with the brace
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:09:25 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

And the more dumbasses that get butthurt over it and start threads over its uses are the reason we dont have nice things.
View Quote
Really, sunshine hurts legal things huh?

You know who hurts good things like these?

Idiots who take off the straps and flaunt then at public ranges.

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. You truly are the baddest guy on the interwebz.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:10:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

My Sig P556 came with the Sig Brace. How is that modified?
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Everyone is wrong and I have done stuff that is important, you don't understand because of ATF and what not!! Look at me I need attention!!!
View Quote

Op is that you? haha
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

This for Pete's sake.  Geez
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:11:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
There is a lot of wishful thinking in here. The first time I saw a picture of one, I thought to myself that it was a federal prosecution waiting to happen. Anyone that thinks the ATF won't make an example of somebody(s) over something like this is dreaming.
View Quote

I thought the same thing. . . I was even more surprised when I saw people putting Magpul AFG's on the same AR-pistols.

Happy as hell I at least have the option living in WA state.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:12:01 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

how is one supposed to hold it if brace is on pistol and you wish not to strap it to your arm?

when used as a cheek weld it appears that its being shouldered when in fact its not an effective stock as it is short..

it needs to come out a few more clicks to be long enough to be a stock. at least for me it would

are we still allowed to use two hands?.. and use the buffer as a cheek weld?

View Quote
It's the same length as an M4 collapsed

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have yet to see anyone take the straps off
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:12:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The arm barce isn't modified, the AR pistol becomes modified when you install the brace on it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about the pistols that come with it factory installed? And that isn't what the letter says, and you are NO FRIEND of the 2nd for pushing this. Quite the opposite.
I'm putting you on ignore before I say what I really think of people like you.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PROTIP: If you buy a Magpul MOE+ Pistol Grip, there'e just enough room for a couple letters from the ATF
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:13:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know what really hurts "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"?
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:13:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is that going to protect anyone from state laws?

*Caveat: I don't care what people do with this stupid product. I think it's gay and has AIDS, but people spend money all kinds of idiotic products for ARs.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top