ARCHIVED ARCHIVED
  Previous Page
Page:  / 4
Author
Brothers In Arms
Posted: 1/13/2014 9:45:33 PM
I wonder what would happen if you were shooting in the woods and a police officer came across you and told you to drop the weapon?
What do you do with the thing strapped to your wrist?
Oh thats right, it's not strapped to your wrist , it's shouldered and thats what is creating the buzz at the ATF and starting the push to reclassify it.
Funny how brave are the little chipmunks when posting from the security of their Mom's basement
texasbagman
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 9:51:18 PM
At a recent gun show I came across a table with a nice short barreled AR. I shouldered it and thought the stock felt a little odd. Then I realized it was a AR pistol with that ludicrous Sig wrist clamp thing.

Yeah, BATFE is going to shut that down I bet.
Jeffreysox
Its a zombie bite.
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 9:52:44 PM
I picked one up a couple of months ago, and I have to say, I can't believe the made it this long.
asdfghjkl
jrzy
Brothers In Arms
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 9:53:35 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By texasbagman:
At a recent gun show I came across a table with a nice short barreled AR. I shouldered it and thought the stock felt a little odd. Then I realized it was a AR pistol with that ludicrous Sig wrist clamp thing.

I don't think they are going to shut it down, what I think is coming is another ATF letter clarifying using as designed and intended.

Funny how brave are the little chipmunks when posting from the security of their Mom's basement
Daps
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 9:55:44 PM
Is there talk of the ATF reclassifying it?
I thought it was sort of iffy. I bet it was shoulder more often than strapped to ones arm.
Who couldn't see it being used as shoulder stock and not an arm brace>
TooBigToFail
They see me rollin... they hatin...
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 9:56:50 PM
It doesn't fold up so it should be GTG.
BobRoberts
65% more bullet
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 9:57:09 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By jrzy:
Originally Posted By texasbagman:

I don't think they are going to shut it down, what I think is coming is another ATF letter clarifying using as designed and intended.

Which will be ignored and they arent going to put someone in front of jury and make the argument it is ok if you do x, but not y. So the status quo will continue.
"George said "TAX? Fuck that, I THE FUCKING MAN!" Then took a bunch of shots of the whiskey he made himself and shot King George in the goddamned face." -RustedAce
NoloContendere
Re-Doer
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 9:58:29 PM
I wonder what would happen if you were shooting in the woods and a police officer came across you and told you to drop the weapon?
Oh thats right, it's not strapped to your wrist , it's shouldered and thats what is creating the buzz at the ATF and starting the push to reclassify it.

Lol.
jrzy
Brothers In Arms
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:01:10 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Daps:
I thought it was sort of iffy. I bet it was shoulder more often than strapped to ones arm.
The letter from the ATF to sig says used as designed I believe
In other words the ATf knows people are shouldering it and are waiting for a test case?

Anyone here saying they won't fuck gun owners on this issue is delusional according to the track record.
Also, who ever owns one of these ask your self this , how would you like to be a test case where the ATF has you of very clear video at a public gun range shouldering this and never using it as a arm brace strapped to your wrist?
Think you'd get indicted ?

If I have a reg SBR and put a pistol buffer tube on it along with this sig brace think my SBR is no longer an SBR?
Debaser
What's that noise?
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:01:32 PM
I was at Sig last week and almost bought one. If the ATF reclassifies, they all become illegal? Or just can't sell any longer?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
"It's good to know who hates you, and it's good to be hated by the right people."
diehippy
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:04:38 PM
[Last Edit: 1/13/2014 10:05:25 PM by diehippy]
If you put a revolver on your shoulder and fire it, does that make it illegal?

No.
Hahns10mm
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:05:27 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By TooBigToFail:
It doesn't fold up so it should be GTG.

Why does that matter? Nothing illegal about a folding buffer tube on a pistol, folding brace should be no different.
Ian02
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:06:37 PM
If they haven't done anything about the SlideFire or the new trigger group coming out then why would they worry about re-classifying a stock/brace? Honestly I'm surprised they allowed any of these things in the first place.
Strizzo
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:07:01 PM
Originally Posted By Daps:
In other words the ATf knows people are shouldering it and are waiting for a test case?

Anyone here saying they won't fuck gun owners on this issue is delusional according to the track record.
Also, who ever owns one of these ask your self this , how would you like to be a test case where the ATF has you of very clear video at a public gun range shouldering this and never using it as a arm brace strapped to your wrist?

If I have a reg SBR and put a pistol buffer tube on it along with this sig brace think my SBR is no longer an SBR?

No, it's still a registered sbr, once a rifle always a rifle, right?
Arobotsanus
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:07:04 PM

Most people shot their ar15 pistols from the shoulder well before the arm brace came out.
Daps
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:07:39 PM

If test case means having a jury decide. Heck no. They'll pop down a true SBR, a pistol with the SIG brace stock and then a standard AR pistol. Jury is going to look at that and say: (NSFW) Guilty
Pmbspyder
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:09:52 PM
[Last Edit: 1/13/2014 10:11:45 PM by Pmbspyder]

Dude just leave it alone already. Wy do you have such a hard-on against this thing. If you're worried, don't get one. All this fear-mongering you're doing in these threads is bullshit, just leave it alone. Or, do what it looks like you really want to do and write a letter to the ATF detailing how "you're just trying to save your fellow gun owner, but it's your duty to let the ATF know it's being used improperly"

Yikes man, get off it already.

All your threads do is draw negative attention to this thing
Daps
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:10:36 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Arobotsanus:
Originally Posted By jrzy:

Most people shot their ar15 pistols from the shoulder well before the arm brace came out.

True but we know when it comes ARs and bans it's all about looks. Sad but true.
I'm surprised they approved the brace in it's current form honestly just from the way it looks.
Ian02
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:15:01 PM
I picked up one of the 516 pistols Sig has on display in the Pro Shop here in NH, I shouldered it like a rifle and have to say it's a very comfortable stock.
jrzy
Brothers In Arms
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:15:34 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By diehippy:

No.
If you install something that works as a stock you create an SBR
Your analogy was deceptive
jrzy
Brothers In Arms
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:16:15 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Ian02:
If they haven't done anything about the SlideFire or the new trigger group coming out then why would they worry about re-classifying a stock/brace? Honestly I'm surprised they allowed any of these things in the first place.
You think they aren't aren't talking about it in house?
rksonex
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:16:22 PM
If you use a wrench to hammer something it does not make the wrench a hammer.
jrzy
Brothers In Arms
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:16:47 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Strizzo:

An SBR is not a rifle
FortyFiveAutomatic
Agent of Big Brother
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:16:49 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By texasbagman:

almost sounds like you want them to.
jrzy
Brothers In Arms
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:17:30 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Arobotsanus:

True, but at that point they didn't install something that looked and acted like a stock right?
ToledoXJ
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:19:50 PM

Is this the talk around the office special agent?
Bullet_
Jolly Jackass
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:20:36 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By FortyFiveAutomatic:
Originally Posted By texasbagman:

almost sounds like you want them to.

People like him do.

We went round and round with posters saying things like that in Ghetto's many page long thread last year.
Time to join the Rebel Alliance and restore the Old Republic. ~ Dehammer
Pmbspyder
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:22:21 PM
[Last Edit: 1/13/2014 10:22:58 PM by Pmbspyder]
Just write your fucking letter to the ATF already and stop with these stupid threads. You're worse than lone survivor guy. All you do is bitch and whine about this thing.
NoloContendere
Re-Doer
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:22:22 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By ToledoXJ:

Yes.
jrzy
Brothers In Arms
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:22:46 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Pmbspyder:

Dude just leave it alone already. Wy do you have such a hard-on against this thing. If you're worried, don't get one. All this fear-mongering you're doing in these threads is bullshit, just leave it alone. Or, do what it looks like you really want to do and write a letter to the ATF detailing how "you're just trying to save your fellow gun owner, but it's your duty to let the ATF know it's being used improperly"

First of all don't call me dude 13er, you haven't been here long enough to know jack shit.
I do moire for the second Amendment in a month than you do all you life.

I don't have anything against this, what I do have is a knowledge that someone is going to pay a tab for this brace when they shoulder it and use it not as intended.
If it's so cut and dry legal why are you worried about sunshine?

I did not write the ATF Tech branch letter for one reason, that is I know what the outcome will be and it's not good for anyone using this as a shouldering device

Lastly, don't ever tell me or anyone else what to write, this isn't your site, If I break the COC someone one a lot more knowledgable will come along and tell me about it.
jrzy
Brothers In Arms
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:24:02 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By rksonex:
If you use a wrench to hammer something it does not make the wrench a hammer.
How about using an honest comparison?
Like what if you modify a wrench to have a hammer head?
Daps
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:24:37 PM
I thought about buying the stock/brace to build up a pistol for home defense, not for shooting groups or long distance.
I'm in a state that allows SBR's and could get a CLEO sign off.
My problem is I'm impatient and don't want to go through the hoops of getting the signoff or paying for a Trust. Then the long wait although I've heard 90 days if you can efile.
I could have all the stuff shipped in and put together the same day and go shooting.
I know it doesn't get a lot of love here but to me it doesn't look that bad and would serve the purpose of a decent stock, errr brace
gman82001
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:24:43 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By ToledoXJ:

No shit seems like he wants it on a list
If he's an Arfcommer, he failed.

Life presents so few of us with opportunities to dish out some street justice. Everyone should treat them as precious. ........... Not_Yet_Begun2Fight
jrockncash
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:24:53 PM
Originally Posted By Pmbspyder:

First of all don't call me dude 13er, you haven't been here long enough to know jack shit.

I don't have anything against this, what I do have is a knowledge that someone is going to pay a tab for this brace when they shoulder it and use it not as intended.

I did not write the ATF Tech branch letter for one reason, that is I know what the outcome will be and it's not good for anyone using this as a shouldering device

Lastly, don't ever tell me or anyone else what to write, this isn't your site, If I break the COC someone one a lot more knowledgable will come along and tell me about it.

I hope your drunk.

Top_Secret
Do you hear the voices, too?
NRAInstructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:25:21 PM
Originally Posted By Arobotsanus:

True, but at that point they didn't install something that looked and acted like a stock right?

What difference does it make? At what diameter does the foam cheek rest on your AR pistol make it magically turn into a stock?
I started to highlight all the stuff you said that was dumbass but was afraid the internet would run out of red. -Aimless
jrzy
Brothers In Arms
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:26:18 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By NoloContendere:
Originally Posted By ToledoXJ:

Yes.
They think we sit around thinking up BS stories
Check your IM , I got a call a week ago about this
Pmbspyder
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:26:46 PM
Not telling you what to write, just telling you that you're acting like a petulant child with this thing. You've been beating this horse for a while, and it reeks of something fishy.

You can call me 13er all you want if it makes you feel cool, but at the end of the day your call out threads on this thing make you look like a whiney baby. Clear enough, DUDE?
DANGERRUSS
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:27:10 PM
If the ATF does it will be because of all the f'ing fuds and douchbags crying about it. Just go back to reading your back issues with Zumbo and stay away from inanimate objects that scare you! People like you are worse for gun owners than Pelosi
FortyFiveAutomatic
Agent of Big Brother
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:29:42 PM
Originally Posted By Pmbspyder:

I'll bite then.

Tons of people shoulder-fire their pistol tubes without Sb15s. So the fuck what?

13er or not that's some serious fucking pretentiousness you've got there.
Greenfeet
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:29:51 PM
Originally Posted By Strizzo:

An SBR is not a rifle

Help me out with this one....

Short Barreled R_________
Daps
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:32:08 PM
I haven't dug into it but what's the going price for the brace?
FortyFiveAutomatic
Agent of Big Brother
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:32:41 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Daps:
I haven't dug into it but what's the going price for the brace?

about $115.
gman82001
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:34:52 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By DANGERRUSS:
If the ATF does it will be because of all the f'ing fuds and douchbags crying about it. Just go back to reading your back issues with Zumbo and stay away from inanimate objects that scare you! People like you are worse for gun owners than Pelosi

I'll go with this guy less than 100 post since '07 and he uses this months one to call a spade a spade.
If he's an Arfcommer, he failed.

Life presents so few of us with opportunities to dish out some street justice. Everyone should treat them as precious. ........... Not_Yet_Begun2Fight
jrzy
Brothers In Arms
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:34:55 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By gman82001:
Originally Posted By ToledoXJ:

No shit seems like he wants it on a list
ah, No I don't
I would think the work I have done and still doing for our rights and the tech branch letters I have written and been approved would stand to prove what side I am on and always have been.

I guess you think when what is going to happen does happen I will say I told you so and get some satisfaction from that?
BS
I don't want any gun people getting in a jam because of some over zealous agent or fed prosecutor.
You know how fed prosecutors advance in their careers?
Vault_Boy
Vice President of Crispy
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:37:19 PM
Originally Posted By diehippy:
No.

If you install something that works as a stock you create an SBR
Your analogy was deceptive

A pistol buffer tube works as a stock.
Asinus Delenda Est
Greenfeet
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:40:00 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Greenfeet:

An SBR is not a rifle

I guess I shouldn't hold my breath on getting this explained to me
jrzy
Brothers In Arms
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:40:54 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Top_Secret:
Originally Posted By Arobotsanus:

What difference does it make? At what diameter does the foam cheek rest on your AR pistol make it magically turn into a stock?
When the ATF decides it's time
They will take a video of some poor schmuck shouldering it at a public range, maybe he even removed the straps from it too.
The Fed prosecutor looks at the video, the guy is using it as a stock (against the "used as designed" clause in the tech branch letter)
Looks at the definition of a rifle in the federal laws and decides he has a case, at that point sig is not going to help because the guy used it not as intended.

I don't want this to happen but stevie wonder could see this coming.
jrzy
Brothers In Arms
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:42:20 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Pmbspyder:
Not telling you what to write, just telling you that you're acting like a petulant child with this thing. You've been beating this horse for a while, and it reeks of something fishy.

You can call me 13er all you want if it makes you feel cool, but at the end of the day your call out threads on this thing make you look like a whiney baby. Clear enough, DUDE?
WTF are you talking about?
How many threads do you think I have about this?
Also there are new things out and mopre coming, so keep up or STFU
Top_Secret
Do you hear the voices, too?
NRAInstructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:43:15 PM
When the ATF decides it's time
They will take a video of some poor schmuck shouldering it at a public range, maybe he even removed the straps from it too.
The Fed prosecutor looks at the video, the guy is using it as a stock (against the "used as designed" clause in the tech branch letter)
Looks at the definition of a rifle in the federal laws and decides he has a case, at that point sig is not going to help because the guy used it not as intended.

I don't want this to happen but stevie wonder could see this coming.

They could do this with a plain pistol buffer tube.
I started to highlight all the stuff you said that was dumbass but was afraid the internet would run out of red. -Aimless
jrzy
Brothers In Arms
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:44:32 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Greenfeet:

An SBR is not a rifle

Look up the definitions of weapons

A machine gun (M16), is it a rifle?
A rifle is a classification of weapon
A short barreled rifle is not a rifle
If you want to use generic rifle, a carbine is not a rifle either.
Pmbspyder
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:45:55 PM
Jrzy:

In all seriousness, you seem like a good guy and a passionate gun owner. That said, I don't think this is going to go the way you expected. I don't think you'll get anyone in here thanking you for your premonitions or outward rally cries against this brace. If anything, it seems like you have sketchy intentions at best, and bad intentions at worst.

If you want to keep arguing with the whole forum go for it, but just realize that no one is seeing you as a white knight. Not trying to be a dick, just trying to provide a little insight as to why the backlash.

Also, if what you say about your efforts with the second amendment are true, I applaud you. I too work hard to protect our 2A freedoms, and I think at the end of the day we should keep it in perspective that we're all ultimately on the same side
  Previous Page
Page:  / 4
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED