BCM
User Panel

Page / 110
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:53:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
got caught up last night.

I threw my hands up in the air and shouted YES!!!

then I looked at my wife and she said "HOLY SHIT".

during the dwarf fight scene they made a point to show all of those who would benefit from the kings death and how un-amused they were by his antics.

trying to figure out the "fools" role in this as he whisked Sansa away and said "come with me if you want to live", but not all terminator'ish. me thinks Verys plotted this out and Tyrion kinda stumbled into the blame not having any idea what was going down.

also, cersai(sp) is a total cunt
View Quote

Try reading the last few pages and you'll figure out who and how it was done.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an odd idea about who may have planned it out, but it would be too good. which in this universe is very likely.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn this thread and you guys getting me to read about things I shouldn't be reading yet.  I haven't read the books, and a week between episodes is just too long!
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 1:56:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have an odd idea about who may have planned it out, but it would be too good. which in this universe is very likely.

View Quote

come on joe, share your thoughts with the class...
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Waiting 7 days between Episodes is a long time. Is it Sunday yet?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:11:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Waiting 7 days between Episodes is a long time. Is it Sunday yet?
View Quote

I almost want to wait until the season is done to watch it all at once, but then things will be spoiled for me by the time I get to it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:37:31 PM EDT
[#8]
This is the first season I ordered HBO to watch weekly. I like the recap before the opening credits to kinda remind you of what has happened in past episodes that has lead up to this point. Like Sansa saving the fool...had almost forgot about that and to why it was important.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:38:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

got caught up last night.

I threw my hands up in the air and shouted YES!!!

then I looked at my wife and she said "HOLY SHIT".

during the dwarf fight scene they made a point to show all of those who would benefit from the kings death and how un-amused they were by his antics.

trying to figure out the "fools" role in this as he whisked Sansa away and said "come with me if you want to live", but not all terminator'ish. me thinks Verys plotted this out and Tyrion kinda stumbled into the blame not having any idea what was going down.

also, cersai(sp) is a total cunt
View Quote

he managed to offend nearly everyone at the party who wasn't a lannister. that scene was quite different than in the book but i actually liked it better.

and yes cersai is a cunt.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I will be seriously pissed if they change that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Absolutely correct, although I bet we'll see the architect behind the whole thing in the next few episodes.  Also...

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

I will be seriously pissed if they change that.

Don't worry.  I don't see how they can change that part of the story.

Twyin: Have her[Shae] brought to the Tower of the Hand.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:45:44 PM EDT
[#11]

adopt a highway

4 fried chickens and a coke

i rost....i fucking rost
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:13:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#15]
What a cunt.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Knowing Joffrey was murdered shortly thereafter, I thought this was a nice shot from the last episode.

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:16:14 PM EDT
[#17]
now it could've been because i haven't read the book in a while but i could've sworn they never really pointed a finger at who did it. or gave us a good idea? i always thought it was a make a guess of your own thing.

in the show it's kind of obvious. but since in the book the whole wedding is in tyrions POV it's pretty hard to pick up on stuff like that.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:23:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
now it could've been because i haven't read the book in a while but i could've sworn they never really pointed a finger at who did it. or gave us a good idea? i always thought it was a make a guess of your own thing.

in the show it's kind of obvious. but since in the book the whole wedding is in tyrions POV it's pretty hard to pick up on stuff like that.
View Quote

It's made quite clear later on.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm not talking about what he did or didn't do after he chose his family over the Starks.  I'm talking about the actual decision itself.  No matter which side he chose he was fucked.

If he sides if the Starks he betrays his house and his family and if he sides with his family he betrays his surrogate brother and his best friend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Somebody hit me up with a spoiler.

What is the purpose of the Theon arc? It never seems to be talked about much in this thread or the last season's thread. Does he ever get "right" again?

He's there to show the proper fate for those who betray.

Maybe, but personally I don't think "woe unto Theon for siding with his family over the house that kept him hostage for a decade."

He was in a true "damned if you do; damned if you don't" situation.  No matter which side he chose he would be betraying someone and would be known as a turncloak.

I think the betrayal was use of his relationship with the family that raised him (prisoner or no) to come back and take Winterfell.  Remember, that action was not what he was asked to do even by his father.   He went out on a limb, and the way he chose to do it was piss poor.   He did not acquit himself with honor in the process either.

I'm not talking about what he did or didn't do after he chose his family over the Starks.  I'm talking about the actual decision itself.  No matter which side he chose he was fucked.

If he sides if the Starks he betrays his house and his family and if he sides with his family he betrays his surrogate brother and his best friend.

Hmmmm betray your family of thieving, raping, murdering, rapists or your surrogate family that is the most honorable in the land with a proud history who treated you more like a son than your own father would have and is fighting for the freedom of the realm. Hmmmmmmmm tough choice! Totally understandable to side with your criminal and asshole father who commands people to rape and pillage vulnerable innocents.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:27:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did they ever point the finger at the exact person? No. But the book made it clear that he (who hasn't been in an episode this season so far) helped plan it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm so glad he died.  That makes me happy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:39:50 PM EDT
[#22]
What happens to his fancy new sword now?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

For gods sake, don't Google it. IDK what happens, but there is way to much discussion over it on the internet. It's like the GoT fans version of 9mm/45.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:24:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
For gods sake, don't Google it. IDK what happens, but there is way to much discussion over it on the internet. It's like the GoT fans version of 9mm/45.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Welp, I lost interest.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm thinking the only person who could have plotted something of this magnitude is the only person as cunning and smart as ol tywin himself ;)
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I'm thinking the only person who could have plotted something of this magnitude is the only person as cunning and smart as ol tywin himself ;)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It wasn't Tywin.  But I loved his smug grin of satisfaction as Joffery lied their choking to death.

Tywin is the one benefited the most from Joffs death.  He consolidates his power and gets rid of Tyrion.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:40:24 PM EDT
[#27]
So, now that shit head is dead, who would the crown go to?  Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think there is a clear successor.

Not interested in spoilers, just curious who it would go to by the book as it stands right now.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It wasn't Tywin.  But I loved his smug grin of satisfaction as Joffery lied their choking to death.

Tywin is the one benefited the most from Joffs death.  He consolidates his power and gets rid of Tyrion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

tywin got a shit sandwich.  he was already the hand to a king who was uninterested in ruling and nothing more than his puppet.  he was a PR nightmare, but so was aerys.  at least joffrey could be drugged or cowed as needed without tywin worrying about being roasted alive.  tyrion wasn't a threat, he was still too afraid of tywin at this point and hostage to his purse strings.  tywin didn't benefit at all, in fact it brings shame to his house that a 2nd king is killed under jaime's watch as kingsguard, and the accused killer is tywin's other son.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:42:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

So, now that shit head is dead, who would the crown go to?  Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think there is a clear successor.

View Quote

Not interested in spoilers, just curious who it would go to by the book as it stands right now.
tommen then marcela...

or marcela then tommen...

depending on who you are.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

Tommen.  Also, not a spoiler.  Renly explained it first season when he said he was fourth in line behind Robert.  Joffrey, Tommen, Stannis, Renly.  

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

tommen

if the king has a child, they're first in line.  if not, they go to the king's oldest brother and on down through living male relatives
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:47:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

tywin got a shit sandwich.  he was already the hand to a king who was uninterested in ruling and nothing more than his puppet.  he was a PR nightmare, but so was aerys.  at least joffrey could be drugged or cowed as needed without tywin worrying about being roasted alive.  tyrion wasn't a threat, he was still too afraid of tywin at this point and hostage to his purse strings.  tywin didn't benefit at all, in fact it brings shame to his house that a 2nd king is killed under jaime's watch as kingsguard, and the accused killer is tywin's other son.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jaimie wasn't present when Robert was wounded and later died. Barristan Selmy was when he was mortally wounded though.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Jaimie wasn't present when Robert was wounded and later died. Barristan Selmy was when he was mortally wounded though.
View Quote

make that 3rd then...what i meant was that he was the kg who killed aerys, but yeah, i forgot robert was killed on his watch too.  again, not much of a boost to the lannister name
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tommen.  Also, not a spoiler.  Renly explained it first season when he said he was fourth in line behind Robert.  Joffrey, Tommen, Stannis, Renly.  

OK, I forgot Joff had a brother.  I'm getting better as the seasons progress, but at times it's hard to keep track of all the characters.

ETA: Another thought.  I'm assuming a king's bastard sons don't count as legitimate heirs that can claim the throne.  If that's the case, why did they attempt to find and kill all of Robert's bastards?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Hmmmm betray your family of thieving, raping, murdering, rapists or your surrogate family that is the most honorable in the land with a proud history who treated you more like a son than your own father would have and is fighting for the freedom of the realm. Hmmmmmmmm tough choice! Totally understandable to side with your criminal and asshole father who commands people to rape and pillage vulnerable innocents.
View Quote

You're making the mistake of looking at it from YOUR perspective.  Not Theon's.  That is the culture and the world in which Theon was raised.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not really a spoiler, but... Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:13:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

At least through the 5th book, Martin never comes out and says who was actually responsible. ....that said my own impression was the old lady.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tommen, his younger brother is next in line...IIRC it had to go to a male,  which is why the new queen doesn't just take over at fuckwit's death

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:17:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

OK, I forgot Joff had a brother.  I'm getting better as the seasons progress, but at times it's hard to keep track of all the characters.  

ETA: Another thought.  I'm assuming a king's bastard sons don't count as legitimate heirs that can claim the throne.  If that's the case, why did they attempt to find and kill all of Robert's bastards?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bastards don't count unless they're legitimized, or if they can raise an army of their own and try to take it by force ala the blackfyre rebellion.  kill off the bastards and they can't be legitimized or show a pattern of a certain king's biological children tending to look like his side of the family, dark hair, blue eyes, etc. rather than the blonde and green they all seem to have inherited from their mother's side....now how could that possibly have happened?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

The king died without a son so first in the line of succession is Joffrey's younger brother, Tommen.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Tommen, his younger brother is next in line...IIRC it had to go to a male,  which is why the new queen doesn't just take over at fuckwit's death

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

she can't inherit by marriage unless there are absolutely no blood heirs left, i think
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except for in Dorne.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i didnt say it was tywin, but the only person who can challenge him when it comes to wits and cunning
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Except for in Dorne.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except for in Dorne.

targaryens put women in line too, didn't they?  or was that just from the incest...
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

i didnt say it was tywin, but the only person who can challenge him when it comes to wits and cunning
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

don't bet on it.

you're underestimating several players
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:28:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

targaryens put women in line too, didn't they?  or was that just from the incest...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except for in Dorne.

IIRC, no.

I think Dorne is the only region of Westeros where the line of succession is by order of birth regardless of gender.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Since I have nothing to add to this thread, but love the show.

Hodor..... Hodor.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:39:14 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
bastards don't count unless they're legitimized, or if they can raise an army of their own and try to take it by force ala the blackfyre rebellion.  kill off the bastards and they can't be legitimized or show a pattern of a certain king's biological children tending to look like his side of the family, dark hair, blue eyes, etc. rather than the blonde and green they all seem to have inherited from their mother's side....now how could that possibly have happened?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks!  
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Knowing Joffrey was murdered shortly thereafter, I thought this was a nice shot from the last episode.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_original/y71pgkegujcm5ghwkwaf.jpg

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote

This. I think the ol' lady did it. She was sitting right where Tyrian grabbed he cup from.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:52:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Since I have nothing to add to this thread, but love the show.

Hodor..... Hodor.
View Quote

Page / 110
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top