Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 6:47:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is destruction the answer? Why not tear down the 200 year old murals and statues throughout DC? We get back at Christians by destroying art? If suggest that destructive streak kind of implies that some people are more hateful and destructive  they claim Christians to be.

Meh, we get a long and I appreciate your friendship. I wasn't trying to start a fight, just present my case in a clear and logical manner. I'll wish you good night now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And let's get to tearing.

Is destruction the answer? Why not tear down the 200 year old murals and statues throughout DC? We get back at Christians by destroying art? If suggest that destructive streak kind of implies that some people are more hateful and destructive  they claim Christians to be.

Meh, we get a long and I appreciate your friendship. I wasn't trying to start a fight, just present my case in a clear and logical manner. I'll wish you good night now.

We can disagree without being disagreeable.

The thrust of my grandfathering angle is a contrast of a representation of Moses among many lawgivers as opposed to people piling the Decalog on the courthouse steps and insisting others live by the word of God.

My goal is a place where people can petition for a redress of grievances without feeling as if they start out with a handicap.

Link Posted: 1/7/2014 1:00:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Hellbound bump
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 4:23:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why is he pointing up?

http://media.philly.com/images/010613_Satanic_monument_600.jpg

Christians need not be offended.  The Satanist could only raise enough funds to have one built that's 9 inches tall.
View Quote

The other hand is pointing down, you just can't see it.

It represents the duality of man, or as LeVay would say "as above, it is below."  The Church of Satan's occult practices and beliefs rely allot on the concept of opposing diametric forces in balance, kinda like yin and yang or order and chaos.  The male and female is another expression of this.

Most of the time when Baphomet is chosen as a representative figure it's a conscious choice to represent the Balance in  life.  Remember that Church of Satan types believe in no physical deities, all these figures are just representative.  In this case they chose Baphomet to accompany the 10 Commandments because he is the other half of the balance, the "yin" to the 10 Commandment's "yang" so to speak; "so as it is above, it shall be below."
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 4:30:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

the only reason they want to put anything up is to piss people off.
A person that simply doesn't believe in any deities, probably doesn't care one way or the other
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One could argue that the Ten Commandments can be present at a courthouse as homage to their historical and cultural influence on the development of our legal system just like the pagan symbol of the goddess of justice with her scales is a homage to the historical and cultural influence that Rome had on our legal system.  (I find it amusing that people go on and on about the Ten Commandments supporting Christianity but fail to realize or complain about a Roman pagan symbol.)  However I fail to see the cultural and historical influence of Hinduism or new age Neo-Satanism on our legal traditions.

A person that simply doesn't believe in any deities, probably doesn't care one way or the other

That's the heart of it, many followers of LeVay fancy themselves as moral tolerance crusaders in a world that "just doesn't get it" so they do things like this to get some attention and to, basically, say "fuck you normies, you can't stop us."  It's deeper then that but there's a nutshell's worth.

Remember that LeVay used to go around in a black cloak wearing horns and drove a hearse and shit, lots of these dudes eat up that cheesy Satanic persona and love to stick it in your face.  "LIVE is just EVIL spelled backwards..."  -The Satanic Bible.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 4:31:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I can't even get mad about this.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 4:35:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Well isn't that special.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 4:49:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why is he pointing up?

Christians need not be offended.  The Satanist could only raise enough funds to have one built that's 9 inches tall.
View Quote

Obviously he's a Cub Scout
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:26:19 AM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why is he pointing up?

Obviously he's a Cub Scout
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4756252272165294&pid=1.7

I thought it was the shocker.

Or He's a heavy metal fan.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:28:27 AM EDT
[#9]
He's saying " The Man who lives up there is going to come down here and kick my rear end into Eternity...........and there isnt anything I can do about it"

Quoted:
Why is he pointing up?

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:30:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I actually want to commend them.  They got the point of the first amendment, except they just don't realize it and are only doing it for shock value.  If Satanist just weren't such retards.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:31:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Satan hates mankind, even the people who follow him.

Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:32:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, he was a lion tamer and circus calliope player at one time..........

Quoted:

That's the heart of it, many followers of LeVay fancy themselves as moral tolerance crusaders in a world that "just doesn't get it" so they do things like this to get some attention and to, basically, say "fuck you normies, you can't stop us."  It's deeper then that but there's a nutshell's worth.

Remember that LeVay used to go around in a black cloak wearing horns and drove a hearse and shit, lots of these dudes eat up that cheesy Satanic persona and love to stick it in your face.  "LIVE is just EVIL spelled backwards..."  -The Satanic Bible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
One could argue that the Ten Commandments can be present at a courthouse as homage to their historical and cultural influence on the development of our legal system just like the pagan symbol of the goddess of justice with her scales is a homage to the historical and cultural influence that Rome had on our legal system.  (I find it amusing that people go on and on about the Ten Commandments supporting Christianity but fail to realize or complain about a Roman pagan symbol.)  However I fail to see the cultural and historical influence of Hinduism or new age Neo-Satanism on our legal traditions.

Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:35:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:39:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Fuck it, I don't believe in satan either and I'd donate a few bucks to see this happen.

This makes me giggle.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Political correctness is the exact reason this is even an issue. Atheists are offended by the Christian monument, so either every religion can have one or no one can.

View Quote

So what you're saying is that only Christian monuments should be allowed?
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:42:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Because satan has done so much for humanity.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:44:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, he did bring us twerking.  At least he has that going for him.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Atheist = Leftist
View Quote

Lol no bro. Not even close.

I'm an atheist and I Fo so much harder than you guys.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:50:01 AM EDT
[#20]
thats awesome. It will make the christians shit bricks so +1 here.

Fuck those bible thumping do-gooders

Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:50:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

The cray-cray up in hay.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#22]
That is AWESOME
The fact that it will get so many people all butthurt is even MORE AWESOME
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:51:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Atheist = Leftist

View Quote

no, we just don't believe in fairy tales
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:54:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Why is he pointing up?

View Quote

WHAT IS THIS? A SATANIC MONUMENT FOR ANTS? It needs to be at least three times that size!
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

The cray-cray up in hay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The cray-cray up in hay.
IMO, the religious right is the equivalent to gun grabbers in the same sense that they take on trying to push their agenda. Its just their time to shine was the late 1940's - 1950's the gun grabbers time to shine was 1994
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:58:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Great. Now somebody is going to have to commission a FSM statue. I shudder to think what will come after that.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 9:00:27 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed 100%
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 9:01:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Agreed 100%
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed 100%

If we are using statues to represent our current system, I can't think of one more appropriate.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 9:05:03 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

If we are using statues to represent our current system, I can't think of one more appropriate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed 100%

Touche.  It should be put in front of the local Bar Association though.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 9:05:28 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

How does anyone have time for this shit, obviousy they don't work.
View Quote
Same as the people who put of ten commandments I suppose.

Link Posted: 1/7/2014 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#31]
I don't know why, but I find this absolutely hilarious.

If I had to venture a guess, it would get repeatedly vandalized and zero shits would be given.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 9:07:40 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Political correctness is the exact reason this is even an issue. Atheists are offended by the Christian monument, so either every religion can have one or no one can.

Atheist = Leftist. If Atheists were against PC, they would simply not care about the monument.

ETA: By going on this crusade against Christianity, the Atheists pretty much encourage multiculturalism, which is what is actively killing the West.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good for them. Everyone has the right to be free. Even if it offensive to some.

Not everyone agrees with that today....

Fuck PC and BHO!

Atheist = Leftist. If Atheists were against PC, they would simply not care about the monument.

ETA: By going on this crusade against Christianity, the Atheists pretty much encourage multiculturalism, which is what is actively killing the West.
So, only Christians need special treatment, and its atheists fault that people said "not fair" and want this special treatment as well?

Sorry, as an atheist, I told you guys long ago that using government property for your fun little displays will come back to bite you eventually...now you want to blame everyone else.

Link Posted: 1/7/2014 9:08:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed 100%

You win this thread.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 9:10:46 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
You mean giving people the knowledge of good an evil, and therefore, "true freedom" as christians in other threads have told me.

If humans didn't have the freedom to do evil, they would be just slaves living in a police state (Christians words, not mine), therefore it seems you guys should really be thanking satan.

Also, how many people did satan kill in the bible?  How many people did god kill?  How can you tell which is the good guy and which is the bad guy?

Link Posted: 1/7/2014 9:17:07 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

You mean giving people the knowledge of good an evil, and therefore, "true freedom" as christians in other threads have told me.

If humans didn't have the freedom to do evil, they would be just slaves living in a police state (Christians words, not mine), therefore it seems you guys should really be thanking satan.

Also, how many people did satan kill in the bible?  How many people did god kill?  How can you tell which is the good guy and which is the bad guy?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/7/2014 9:22:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 9:22:23 AM EDT
[#37]
I don't think the people of Oklahoma will let that stand. I sure as hell wouldn't if it was my state.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 9:23:16 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I don't think the people of Oklahoma will let that stand. I sure as hell wouldn't if it was my state.
View Quote
lol

Link Posted: 1/7/2014 9:24:40 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote
Fuck free speech, I'm offended!!!!!!!!

You sound just like a liberal.

Link Posted: 1/7/2014 9:25:30 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Such liberty loving people.

Link Posted: 1/7/2014 9:25:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

And you would deny it on what grounds, exactly?
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This with a cross. lol

Link Posted: 1/7/2014 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 9:50:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
For some strange reason, I really don't think that will ever happen.  If by some strange combination of events it did happen, I think people would destroy it pretty quick, they wouldn't tolerate such a thing.
View Quote

Vandalism of public property is a crime.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 10:05:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For some strange reason, I really don't think that will ever happen.  If by some strange combination of events it did happen, I think people would destroy it pretty quick, they wouldn't tolerate such a thing.

So is drinking and driving...............
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 10:35:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It represents the duality of man, or as LeVay would say "as above, it is below."  The Church of Satan's occult practices and beliefs rely allot on the concept of opposing diametric forces in balance, kinda like yin and yang or order and chaos.  The male and female is another expression of this.

Most of the time when Baphomet is chosen as a representative figure it's a conscious choice to represent the Balance in  life.  Remember that Church of Satan types believe in no physical deities, all these figures are just representative.  In this case they chose Baphomet to accompany the 10 Commandments because he is the other half of the balance, the "yin" to the 10 Commandment's "yang" so to speak; "so as it is above, it shall be below."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why is he pointing up?

Get your facts out of here, people are busy swinging purses .
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 10:39:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There sure are some religiously intolerant fuckstains in this thread that are talking about it being vandalized or destroyed, or disallowed altogether.

Fuck religious freedom and liberty.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 10:46:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

There sure are some religiously intolerant fuckstains in this thread that are talking about it being vandalized or destroyed, or disallowed altogether.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, that's not a real religion.  It's being done just persecute Christians, so fighting back is okay.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 10:48:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then lets put up a statue of people engaging in bestiality, sex with children, or anything else we want to.

Free speech! Free speech!

You say "its their religion", but when you look up what satan represents is that really something you support, especially with children around him. It is obscene and disgusting.

I'm against the 10 commandments being displayed, but I am way more against this.

Atheists like this are like a bunch of children trying to out-do each other and see who can be the biggest dumbass for attention.

But I forget, you atheists know everything, please tell me the secrets of the universe and how I am wrong, then tip your fedora while you stroke your ego, and grab your nothing and hold it tight.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 10:49:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Similar requests for monuments have been made by a Hindu leader in Nevada, an animal rights group (PETA) and the satirical Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

hmm not sure even GD wants explore this group, the herp and derp must be strong with this one.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top