Quoted:
Quoted:
Atheist = Leftist

Wrong thread dude.

Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good for them. Everyone has the right to be free. Even if it offensive to some.
View Quote

So if I tell them to "go to hell" they will consider that a compliment?  They may well get what they wish for.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck all this asshattery, I'm down for Cthulhu. Nyarlathotep for prez, etc etc.

FBHO with a 500 foot long ropy tentacle encrusted with barnacles the size of cantaloupes
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So basically the satanists used the same standards and laws as the christians to get their respective monuments but it's only the satanists that are on a crusade?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good for them. Everyone has the right to be free. Even if it offensive to some.

Not everyone agrees with that today....

Fuck PC and BHO!

Political correctness is the exact reason this is even an issue. Atheists are offended by the Christian monument, so either every religion can have one or no one can.

Atheist = Leftist. If Atheists were against PC, they would simply not care about the monument.

ETA: By going on this crusade against Christianity, the Atheists pretty much encourage multiculturalism, which is what is actively killing the West.

So basically the satanists used the same standards and laws as the christians to get their respective monuments but it's only the satanists that are on a crusade?

Last I checked our founding fathers didn't draft a document that our nation was founded upon that had the phrase "One nation under satan" in it.

Maybe you could point that out for me.

Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe they made a typo and they're "Santaists" and want a statue of Santa.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:25:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Hail Satan
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:33:37 PM EDT
[#11]

I'd just like it noted for the record that I totally called it on the Baphomet statue.

Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'd just like it noted for the record that I totally called it on the Baphomet statue.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4655/x3fh.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4655/x3fh.jpg

How about a mohammed statue?
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:36:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Why is he pointing up?

Christians need not be offended.  The Satanist could only raise enough funds to have one built that's 9 inches tall.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:39:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

It's the two-fingered "peace" sign.  To commemorate his Nobel Peace prize.  

Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:39:50 PM EDT
[#17]
One could argue that the Ten Commandments can be present at a courthouse as homage to their historical and cultural influence on the development of our legal system just like the pagan symbol of the goddess of justice with her scales is a homage to the historical and cultural influence that Rome had on our legal system.  (I find it amusing that people go on and on about the Ten Commandments supporting Christianity but fail to realize or complain about a Roman pagan symbol.)  However I fail to see the cultural and historical influence of Hinduism or new age Neo-Satanism on our legal traditions.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:41:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah. That'll happen in Oklahoma.

Idiots trying (successfully) to whip up the locals.

Why not erect a pantheon and complete the Roman theme this country seems bent on following.

Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:41:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

How does anyone have time for this shit, obviousy they don't work.
View Quote

Naw, they just sit around smoking dope all day; in their black satin robes chanting Emotep or something.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Why is he pointing up?

http://media.philly.com/images/010613_Satanic_monument_600.jpg

Christians need not be offended.  The Satanist could only raise enough funds to have one built that's 9 inches tall.
View Quote

"Smell my fingers"
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Gay agenda, atheist agenda doesn't matter the libertarians will lap it up.
View Quote

Nah.  This is silly attention whoring.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:43:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gay agenda, atheist agenda doesn't matter the libertarians will lap it up.

But at least it's silly.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:44:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Why is he pointing up?

http://media.philly.com/images/010613_Satanic_monument_600.jpg

View Quote

ahem, duh
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#26]
What would have been even better than this would be to not allow ANY religious statues outside of a public building, saving tons of money
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Why is he pointing up?
View Quote

He's doing the Picard engage motion...
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

One could argue that the Ten Commandments can be present at a courthouse as homage to their historical and cultural influence on the development of our legal system just like the pagan symbol of the goddess of justice with her scales is a homage to the historical and cultural influence that Rome had on our legal system.  (I find it amusing that people go on and on about the Ten Commandments supporting Christianity but fail to realize or complain about a Roman pagan symbol.)  However I fail to see the cultural and historical influence of Hinduism or new age Neo-Satanism on our legal traditions.
View Quote

Haven't we already done the 30% thing about the Ten Commandment(tm)s thing to death already?

And remember, the 1st Amendment only applies to Christians anyways.

Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Satanists considering monument with interactive display for childrenhttp://abcnews.go.com/t/blogentry?id=21158579&from=related

View Quote

It's just a Dora the Explorer video redubbed
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Satanists considering monument with interactive display for childrenhttp://abcnews.go.com/t/blogentry?id=21158579&from=related

Dora is twice as Satanic as Satan.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:53:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tried to worship Her, I couldn't match her evil and went back to the Horned one.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I tried to worship Her, I couldn't match her evil and went back to the Horned one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She is so fucking evil, my daughter started talking to me in illegal immigrant!
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:55:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:55:46 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Last I checked our founding fathers didn't draft a document that our nation was founded upon that had the phrase "One nation under satan" in it.

Maybe you could point that out for me.

View Quote

Poe's Law?

Please?

Link Posted: 1/6/2014 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

the only reason they want to put anything up is to piss people off.
A person that simply doesn't believe in any deities, probably doesn't care one way or the other
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 6:02:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Chtulu would be awesome
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Haven't we already done the 30% thing about the Ten Commandment(tm)s thing to death already?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cz47dZShSQ

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh. One could suggest that simply displaying the Ten Commandments does not endorse Christianity-- they are also part of the Jewish tradition. Many traditions went into the development of our laws: including Judeo-Christian concepts of the law, English Common Law, and the legal system of the pagan Romans. I don't see people demanding that Justice (Iusitia to the Romans and Dike (no laughing--not pronounced like you think) to the Greeks) as establishing the religion of Paganism. One must understand that simply having a statue does not a first amendment violation make.

IMHO, having decorations or displays in the court that represent our development of our judicial system are neither endorsements of religion nor inappropriate in the context if where they are displayed. Yes, some of those displays may have religious connotations however, the facts are--even if some find those facts are upsetting--that religion did influence our system and lawgivers ( although I see that some people don't object to religion as much as a specific religion they dislike).

If someone could demonstrate the historical and cultural influence of Hinduism and new age Neo-Satanism on our system of laws, I'd say the same thing about anything. Of course we could simply tear all the beautiful artwork out of all of our public buildings--no matter if they were placed there in 1800--just because someone objects to their potential religiousity.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 6:04:38 PM EDT
[#40]
This is sacrilege! Satan should be portrayed as an angel, the morning star!
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#41]
How precious.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 6:06:38 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm fine with it ONLY if tiny reproductions of all the monuments are sold in the gift shop.

That thing would look awesome on my desk next to Tom Servo and Butters.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 6:07:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Statue of James Arness as the original Thing from another World for the Win !
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Meh. One could suggest that simply displaying the Ten Commandments does not endorse Christianity-- they are also part of the Jewish tradition. Many traditions went into the development of our laws: including Judeo-Christian concepts of the law, English Common Law, and the legal system of the pagan Romans. I don't see people demanding that Justice (Iusitia to the Romans and Dike (no laughing--not pronounced like you think) to the Greeks) as establishing the religion of Paganism. One must understand that simply having a statue does not a first amendment violation make.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed, but like with Kitzmiller v Dover it's the witness testimony that makes the case for it.

It's entirely religious, they say it is, they insist it is, and they sell it that way.

I'd be willing to grandfather some things if they'd be honest about it.

Link Posted: 1/6/2014 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#45]
In on this, fur shur.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 6:17:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Agreed, but like with Kitzmiller v Dover it's the witness testimony that makes the case for it.

It's entirely religious, they say it is, they insist it is, and they sell it that way.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never been for grandfathering. Either something is lawful or acceptable or its not.  If we are going to tear our religious symbology, then we should tear out all of it, even those 200 year old pieces of art. If it violates the first amendment, it violates the first amendment. If you concede that they have historical and cultural context, then you must except that newer examples also may serve historical and cultural purpose, not religious.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I've never been for grandfathering. Either something is lawful or acceptable or its not.  If we are going to tear our religious symbology, then we should tear out all of it, even those 200 year old pieces of art. If it violates the first amendment, it violates the first amendment. If you concede that they have historical and cultural context, then you must except that newer examples also may serve historical and cultural purpose, not religious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm basing it on them saying it's religious.

And let's get to tearing.

Link Posted: 1/6/2014 6:19:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 6:34:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

And let's get to tearing.

View Quote

Is destruction the answer? Why not tear down the 200 year old murals and statues throughout DC? We get back at Christians by destroying art? If suggest that destructive streak kind of implies that some people are more hateful and destructive  they claim Christians to be.

Meh, we get a long and I appreciate your friendship. I wasn't trying to start a fight, just present my case in a clear and logical manner. I'll wish you good night now.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.  Galatians 6:7 KJV  

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top