Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/2/2014 8:04:16 AM EDT

"Marlene Hoeber is feisty, tattooed, transgender, a self-described feminist, a queer activist - and a crack shot with her favorite 'toys,' guns of just about every kind."

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:06:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
"Marlene Hoeber is feisty, tattooed, transgender, a self-described feminist, a queer activist - and a crack shot with her favorite 'toys,' guns of just about every kind."

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Liberals-find-comfort-level-in-NPR-of-gun-clubs-5107330.php

View Quote

$100 says she's only doing it because guns are "controversial."
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:07:12 AM EDT
[#2]
So they're into guns but won't actually support the cause because they're misinformed, and most likely vote for polititians that hate them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:07:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Strange group of people.

From the article:

"More regulations on lawful gun owners "are overprescribed political placebos that fail to cure ... the root causes of violence," the gun club said in a position statement. Instead of "window-dressing 'solutions' like so-called 'assault weapons' bans and magazine capacity restrictions," the group argued, government should back "mitigation for violence prevention: stronger mental health care, addressing poverty, homelessness and unemployment."

The group also views monetary disincentives to gun ownership, such as ammunition taxes, as "class barriers" blocking the poor from exercising their constitutional rights."

Now, I'm not sure just what to make of that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:08:41 AM EDT
[#4]
FPNI
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:12:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

"More regulations on lawful gun owners "are overprescribed political placebos that fail to cure ... the root causes of violence," the gun club said in a position statement. Instead of "window-dressing 'solutions' like so-called 'assault weapons' bans and magazine capacity restrictions," the group argued, government should back "mitigation for violence prevention: stronger mental health care, addressing poverty, homelessness and unemployment."

The group also views monetary disincentives to gun ownership, such as ammunition taxes, as "class barriers" blocking the poor from exercising their constitutional rights."

View Quote

Yeah, they definitely sound weird.  But based on those quotes, it sounds pretty good.  I'm guessing they're a pro-2nd group like Pink Pistols or Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership -- see video: No Guns for Negroes!
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:15:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, they definitely sound weird.  But based on those quotes, it sounds pretty good.  I'm guessing they're a pro-2nd group like Pink Pistols or Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership -- see video: No Guns for Negroes!
View Quote

At least when the government fails to improve mental health or the economy I'll be well armed.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:16:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Strange group of people.

From the article:

View Quote
I can't argue with either of those statements.

I'm guessing we would disagree on how to address poverty, homelessness, and unemployment, though.

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:17:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

View Quote

Can't disagree with much of that that.

We probably disagree on how to accomplish that "mitigation" bit, but the rest is solid. If they're converting more people to the 2ndA then that's a good thing.

e;f,b somehow.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:17:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

View Quote

What you should make of it is trying to make and keep as many RKBA allies as you can get.

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:18:47 AM EDT
[#10]
And yet most, if not all, of those booger eating morons probably voted for BHO, displaying a raging misunderstanding of the 2nd Amendment.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:19:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Dirty liberals, but..the more people advocating FOR guns, the better. And if they're dirty liberals doing it instead of Conservatives, Democrat politicians might actually give a fuck.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:19:45 AM EDT
[#12]
They'll still vote for laws/politicians that are anti-gun.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:21:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
And yet most, if not all, of those booger eating morons probably voted for BHO, displaying a raging misunderstanding of the 2nd Amendment.
View Quote

They think BHO is mostly pro gun.  No shit.

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:21:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:21:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Liberals-find-comfort-level-in-NPR-of-gun-clubs-5107330.php

Even still, she's got some serious hardware.

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:21:52 AM EDT
[#16]
"If I walk into a gun store with an Obama T-shirt - which I wouldn't wear, because he's too conservative - I don't fit," joked Eric Wooten, a longtime California Democratic Party activist and member of the Liberal Gun Club."

Joke or not, if he is left of Obama this is type most of us fight in a civil war situation.

Leftists aren't afraid of guns, they are afraid of others having them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:22:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:22:34 AM EDT
[#18]
"If I walk into a gun store with an Obama T-shirt - which I wouldn't wear, because he's too conservative - I don't fit,"
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#19]
They may be pro-gun, but it will never be a priority issue to people like that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:23:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

We probably disagree on how to accomplish that "mitigation" bit, but the rest is solid. If they're converting more people to the 2ndA then that's a good thing.

e;f,b somehow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

e;f,b somehow.

I'll go with this.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:24:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

View Quote

It's maximum fucking trolling.  Maximum.

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:25:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

View Quote

Blind pigs find nuts, too.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:26:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
And she insists there are many politically liberal folks in California who are eager to shoot, learn marksmanship, buy and collect guns - or even own guns for self-protection - except "they think gun people are people they want nothing to do with."  

They do not want to associate with you or I, thinking we spend our weekends dragging young black med students behind our pick up trucks, beating homosexuals out for a stroll with bats and generally picking our noses and reading nothing but comic books, and our mouths move when we do that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

And she insists there are many politically liberal folks in California who are eager to shoot, learn marksmanship, buy and collect guns - or even own guns for self-protection - except "they think gun people are people they want nothing to do with."  

They do not want to associate with you or I, thinking we spend our weekends dragging young black med students behind our pick up trucks, beating homosexuals out for a stroll with bats and generally picking our noses and reading nothing but comic books, and our mouths move when we do that.

Divide and conquer.  Let's solve this gun issue and then go after the other sacred cows.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:26:46 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Strange group of people.

From the article:

View Quote

Nothing wrong with any of that.  

Don't care what you do or with whom in your private lives. Freedom means freedom to do things other than what I would do.  

If the right politicians would figure out that freedom and the economy are the two major issues elections would be a foregone conclusion.  

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
"If I walk into a gun store with an Obama T-shirt - which I wouldn't wear, because he's too conservative - I don't fit," joked Eric Wooten, a longtime California Democratic Party activist and member of the Liberal Gun Club."

Joke or not, if he is left of Obama this is type most of us fight in a civil war situation.

Leftists aren't afraid of guns, they are afraid of others having them.
View Quote

I remember those guys who came on here last year. I spent a month on their site and about ate my 1911.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:30:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

View Quote

Actually, they aren't too far off base, just not libertarian/Constitutionalist in thier objectives.

They ARE conceeding to social and cultural engineering, which considering it's Mexifornia and that sort of shit is genetic with those people, is to be expected.
Like the northeast, they are just too ignorant to know any better.

If anything, they sound a LOT like the Conservative statists, that we have an abundance of here.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:31:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

View Quote

These people are so dense. Our class division right now isn't terrible, in most major cities all types of income level reside and interact with each other on a regular basis, think salt n' pepper. When we look at a place with actual class barriers such as many South American countries your either RICH or POOR and that is exactly what would play out here given enough time, salt AND pepper. The very people that suggest these stupid ideals would find themselves on the wrong side of the fence rather quickly as they are with obongocare "I didn't think I was paying?!"  they thought themselves to be the "little" guy. As much as I hate the FSA the constitution protects their rights the same as Warren Buffet and as history has shown us with the Roman Republic the "poor" are the first to go and we are all "poor".
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:31:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. Like McStain, Romney, George Bush and his Kid.

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:33:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What you should make of it is trying to make and keep as many RKBA allies as you can get.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

Yeah but… just because someone's views happen to be similar to yours on a single issue, that doesn't make them your "ally."

These people would hate me; would hate probably everyone on this site. No way they're going to vote like I do.

They may be all in favor of gun ownership, but they'll always vote for pols that aren't.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:34:12 AM EDT
[#31]
I looked carefully. That is not an Onion story.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:34:34 AM EDT
[#32]
That's kinda funny..............Obama a conservative? Good grief

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
"If I walk into a gun store with an Obama T-shirt - which I wouldn't wear, because he's too conservative - I don't fit,"

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:35:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

HEY!
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:36:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So they're into guns but won't actually support the cause because they're misinformed, and most likely vote for polititians that hate them.
View Quote

lol

Or maybe they aren't one party voters? Put yourself into their shoes, and one politician hates you for owning guns, and the other hates you and considers you mentally defective for being queer. They have the option to vote for a politician that will allow them the freedom to express themselves, or the freedom to own guns. Who the heck do you want them do vote for? Demoncrats or the Republicants? Or throw away their vote for some other third party that will never see the light of day?
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:36:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

That may be true, but if they end up convincing more liberals to buy guns, own guns and support 2A rights within their own party this is a good thing.  I'd be tickled pink if supporting gun control became a toxic position for a politician on either side of the political spectrum.

I doubt it will ever happen, mind you.  But I don't doubt that getting more liberals to slap BFLs on their Priuses next to their 'Coexist' stickers can help move the Democratic party toward supporting gun rights.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:37:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Someone needs to liberate that poor rolling-block rifle from her filthy hands.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:37:34 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup contrarian

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#38]
I was just doing recon, one idiot called Gabby G an American hero.... WTF did she do but get shot?  Another said this

You realize she is being used because she is more photogenic than an aging fat man in a wheelchair, right?

James Brady is an old act. New talent is needed by those who seek to remove weapons.
View Quote

Another did bring up a good point on Magazines,
What Kelly and many sportsmen like him fail to realize (or so it seems) is that Miller '39 still stands. Military equipment that is not otherwise regulated by the NFA is firmly under the protection of the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. Magazines manufactured for military use are 100% covered as well. Any attempt to reduce that, without prior invalidation both the Dick Act and the Miller decision, is unconstitutional.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:40:56 AM EDT
[#39]
I think it's important we put as many divisive labels and stereotype as many people as possible who are trying to exercise their constitutional rights.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:42:25 AM EDT
[#40]

East Bay chapter of the Liberal Gun Owners Association, president Marlene Hoebar points out the proper handling of a hand gun at her Oakland, Ca. home, on Saturday Nov. 16, 2013. The East Bay Liberal Gun Club is made up of loyal gun owners who are NRA members -- and who buck the trend of NRA opposition to safety checks, wait periods and other laws to improve gun safety. Photo: Michael Macor, The Chronicle
View All Quotes
East Bay chapter of the Liberal Gun Owners Association, president Marlene Hoebar points out the proper handling of a hand gun at her Oakland, Ca. home, on Saturday Nov. 16, 2013. The East Bay Liberal Gun Club is made up of loyal gun owners who are NRA members -- and who buck the trend of NRA opposition to safety checks, wait periods and other laws to improve gun safety. Photo: Michael Macor, The Chronicle

Proper handling?  I have never ever had anyone show me to handle a firearm like that.
Quoted:

YUP.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:43:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I think it's important we put as many divisive labels and stereotype as many people as possible who are trying to exercise their constitutional rights.
View Quote

They do it to us.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:45:21 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Strange group of people.

From the article:

Exactly!
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:47:21 AM EDT
[#43]
She sounds like a gun nut.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:47:45 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Strange group of people.

From the article:

Maybe one reason why Governor Moonbeam didn't sign one of the latest anti-gun bills a couple months ago...word is, he may be gearing for a run against Hilary in 2016.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:49:55 AM EDT
[#45]
They are too easily manipulated, and by the democrats... that is scary....
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:51:29 AM EDT
[#46]

ADDITIONAL SHOOTERS = WIN FOR US.

Whether they are ideologically "pure" is not relevant to whether
more moves us in the right direction.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#47]
So at least the article is admitting that NPR is rabidly leftist.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:59:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

This.  Pro-gun is not a political party.  We've got friends on the other side of the isle.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#49]
While I agree that many of these people are depressingly ill-informed, they represent an important and apparently growing facet of the pro-2A movement. Rather than having to outright battle ant-gunners politically, these are the people who can change liberal politics from the inside. Enough of these people, and the DNC could take gun prohibition off of their national platform. Developments in this area could turn the 2A battle into something like the 30 Years War where at the end we simply forget why we are fighting or no longer have to do it anymore. Optimistic I realize, but not wholly unreasonable.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:04:50 AM EDT
[#50]
what a repulsive creature. yuck.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top