Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 100
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 7:57:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well some people hit the pit pretty early, including Massa and Rosberg.

There are some reports some drivers are burning too much fuel per lap and without a safety car they'll have to turn it down.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Could be some interesting strategies coming up.

Maybe fuel will be an issue?

How so?  I am watching but no sound My girls are asleep in the room.  We are visiting my son at college.

Well some people hit the pit pretty early, including Massa and Rosberg.

There are some reports some drivers are burning too much fuel per lap and without a safety car they'll have to turn it down.

Interesting.  FIA needs to allow refueling of larger tanks. This racing to a lap time to conserve fuel sucks/
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:01:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Most boring race this year
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:05:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed, but we could see some passing at the end.

Kvyat told critical on fuel.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:07:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yep,  I got up early for this shit.

Not really,  going out riding with my Supermoto buds all day when this is over ( and I watch the motoGP I taped last night ).
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:12:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Most glorious leader of motherland has arrived.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:21:33 AM EDT
[#6]
This race is on par with Valencia
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:31:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes. Same shit as Valencia.

Stupid tracks
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:33:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Well. Fernando first of the non Mercedes cars.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:34:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Stupid tracks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stupid tracks

I want to blame Tilke but I think part of the problem is that it's just these flat patches of land.

Let's put some more tracks in the hills and mountains!
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:35:15 AM EDT
[#10]
LoL at Rosberg.
Fastest lap on 52laps tires..

This is embarassing.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:36:59 AM EDT
[#11]
good job Bottas
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:37:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Bottas just took fastest lap.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:38:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Mercedes clinch constructors'!
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:41:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey, I actually saw two laps live this week

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#15]
A Brit, German, Finn, and Russian all hanging out together.

Awkward.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:51:08 AM EDT
[#17]
No trophy for Vlad?

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Lewis chalks up another one
17pts ahead with only a few (3 I think) races to go
View Quote

I hate to admit it but the double points race could be very exciting.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:52:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:54:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

When is that? (stupid idea)

ETA: Abu Dhabi
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lewis chalks up another one
17pts ahead with only a few (3 I think) races to go

I hate to admit it but the double points race could be very exciting.

When is that? (stupid idea)

ETA: Abu Dhabi

Look. I 100% agree it's a stupid idea.

BUT

Its implications are exciting seeing as neither HAM or ROS has walked away with it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Lots of motivation for Ham to go all "Prost/Senna" on Rosberg at Abu Dhabi if it's very close.

Once again, Vernge whoops Kyvat.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:10:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Lots of motivation for Ham to go all "Prost/Senna" on Rosberg at Abu Dhabi if it's very close.

View Quote

Ooooo...good point.

It looks like the boys from Brackley are having quite the party!

I'm going to hold off until tomorrow to update the thread title congratulating Mercedes so anybody watching on the DVR doesn't have the race spoiled.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:17:59 AM EDT
[#23]

Uneventful race with fairly foreseeable results. Maybe exactly what was needed after last week...

How the fuck do you run 52 laps on the same set of tires?

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 11:15:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Uneventful race with fairly foreseeable results. Maybe exactly what was needed after last week...

How the fuck do you run 52 laps on the same set of tires?

View Quote

with a mercedes power unit and chassis
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#25]
That was a really boring race. Not a single good battle. I thought RIC and VET were going to get into it but didn't. Then I thought ROS and BOT were going to get into it but didn't.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Glad I didn't wake up to watch this morning. Even the highlights were boring.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Boring race, with a obvious result.

A season, that had potential to be exciting, turn into 2 cars and the rest.

All that left, is HAM and ROS hate each other so much. like SENNA and PROST, that starts to affect their team results and RICC starts to take advantage of it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 1:35:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote
Problem with that is if Ricciardo keeps it close enough, and walks away with 50 pts and they both retire, he could win.  I seriously doubt the team will allow them anywhere near each other in Abu Dabi.  

I'm amazed though.. everyone agreed that Valencia was the most boring race on the calendar, so they took it off... and then built a track just like it.  

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 2:03:34 PM EDT
[#29]
I can't wait for double points. Maybe Kimi will be able to get 4.

No, but seriously, fuck double points.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

First time this season that I haven't watched either qualifying or the race.

I figured that, between the reg changes and ditching Korea and India, this portion of the season would be better but it's the same old snooze-fest, just a different colored car putting you to sleep.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 2:22:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Is it bad the most exciting part was when Putin arrived?
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I figured that, between the reg changes and ditching Korea and India, this portion of the season would be better but it's the same old snooze-fest, just a different colored car putting you to sleep.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I fell asleep watching my DVR'd practice, and Qualy was about the most exciting of the whole weekend, but still boring.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Boring race.

Hamilton better hope that he's more than 50 points ahead going into the last race.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 2:30:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I fell asleep watching my DVR'd practice, and Qualy was about the most exciting of the whole weekend, but still boring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At this point I think Hamilton will finish the season in a Vettel-style walk.

The ban on technical coaching over the radio seems to have had a much bigger impact on Rosberg.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The ban on technical coaching over the radio seems to have had a much bigger impact on Rosberg.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 50 points is guaranteeing he won't be able to walk away.

Overall I blame track and tire choice for the boring race. Super-softs and softs would have been the proper choice. The lack of grass and sand meant no repercussions for going off track. These Tilke tracks really suck. There is one great curve and the rest is just boring because there's no natural flow.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Overall I blame track and tire choice for the boring race. Super-softs and softs would have been the proper choice. The lack of grass and sand meant no repercussions for going off track. These Tilke tracks really suck. There is one great curve and the rest is just boring because there's no natural flow.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.  straights into 90 degree corners get boring, lap after lap, couple that with no visual appeal, and no elevation change and it makes for what amounts to the slot car track sitting in my son's bedroom.  

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 3:14:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Agreed.  straights into 90 degree corners get boring, lap after lap, couple that with no visual appeal, and no elevation change and it makes for what amounts to the slot car track sitting in my son's bedroom.  

View Quote

Funny thing is that the old Burke Lakefront Airport track they used to run the Cleveland GP at was like that and it produced a bunch of great races.

Of course it was bumpy as shit which made the braking zones diabolical to get right.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 3:21:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Funny thing is that the old Burke Lakefront Airport track they used to run the Cleveland GP at was like that and it produced a bunch of great races.

Of course it was bumpy as shit which made the braking zones diabolical to get right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh man i miss the ROAR BY THE SHORE. CART was my favorite and the reason I'm a Formula 1 fan today.

Cleveland GP was great because on there were no walls inside the track, and turn 1 was crazy. Drivers said they could see the entire field during the race. Also, there weren't 10 other identical tracks on the schedule.

A few Tilke-tracks would be great because they would be different. Unfortunately I only forsee more and more of them.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 3:29:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Oh man i miss the ROAR BY THE SHORE. CART was my favorite and the reason I'm a Formula 1 fan today.

Cleveland GP was great because on there were no walls inside the track, and turn 1 was crazy. Drivers said they could see the entire field during the race. Also, there weren't 10 other identical tracks on the schedule.

A few Tilke-tracks would be great because they would be different. Unfortunately I only forsee more and more of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CART was an awesome series in that era.  Perfect mix of super speedways, smaller ovals, road courses and temporary tracks.

Remember that tri-oval they ran in Rio, the one where Turn Three was a tight second/third gear corner with a short braking zone from a +150 mph straight?

That was a real He-Man track...

ETA Here it is, trapezoid and not a tri-oval.  That one tight turn after the long straight was a killer.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 3:36:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#41]
I have completely lost interest in this season.

I didn't even watch Suzuka and fast forwarded through most of Sochi.

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Most glorious leader of motherland has arrived.
View Quote

I was waiting for Putin to handout all the trophies.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone else find it amusing to hear "Deutschland uber alles" play during a Russian podium ceremony?
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Anyone else find it amusing to hear "Deutschland uber alles" play during a Russian podium ceremony?
View Quote

Or seeing a Finnish flag fly over the podium as well
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#47]
If I hear power unit one more time........
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Hey, I actually saw two laps live this week

View Quote

Always a little behind aren't yah
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 6:09:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Interesting flight back from Sochi.....

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Interesting flight back from Sochi.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzxVvsvIQAEaoXj.jpg:large
View Quote

Eddie Jordan just ruined the pic
Page / 100
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top