Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 100
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:14:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Ferraris are soooooo slow on top speed that Enzo is rolling in his grave...
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:25:24 AM EDT
[#2]
What do they wait to sanction magnussen ?

Unacceptable
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Unacceptable.

Magnussen has been permitted things out of this world
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:27:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unacceptable.

View Quote

At least it's entertaining.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:28:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Fuck you Charlie whiting.

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Ricciardo hold on for the win!
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:30:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unacceptable.

Yeah, right..

But that was totally stupid and dangerous, and illegal
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Grats Ricardo!

Poor Ferrari got beat up bad last lap
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:34:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Great race.  Ricciardo is always a good winner, Nico extends his WDC lead and Bottas get yet another podium.

I hope Massa brings a nice check to Williams, because he is nowhere.

Alonso got hard fucked at the end.  I think Kevin Mag is desperate to make a mark and keep his ride.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:34:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Grats Ricardo!

View Quote

Yeah right..

Magnussen threw Alonso out of the track twice.
Once at 300kmh on the straight line, and another time 3 corners later.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:34:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Lauda tells SkyF1 the HAM incident was totally Nico's fault.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:35:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's clear
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's clear
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's clear

NICO BEING BOOED!

I thought those were reserved for Vettle?
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:42:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Rosberg attaches a bicycle handlebar streamer.

FYI Toto Wolff has called Nico's move "completely unacceptable."
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:32:03 AM EDT
[#15]
It's looking more like Nico's Monaco qualifying lap was a rather calculated move.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 12:22:53 PM EDT
[#16]
RIC & BOT continue to be the drivers impressing me the most overall this season.  HAM & ALO as well, despite today's results.

In my opinion, Nico's move was stupid on lap 2 on his teammate or anyone for that matter.  He wasn't close enough to making the pass to have a legitimate claim to the apex.  That said, shit happens and I don't think it was intentional as it could have easily ended his day as well.  Just stupid and i don't blame Lewis for being fucking pissed.

Eta: Lewis handled himself really well in the post-race interview with Buxton.

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

It's looking more like Nico's Monaco qualifying lap was a rather calculated move.
View Quote

I've talked to a lot of people, whom I would consider fairly impartial, and it was.

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 1:05:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Great race!

Happy with the results!
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 1:42:23 PM EDT
[#19]
This looks to be getting interesting:

Will Buxton twitter

m
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:19:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Unacceptable.

View Quote

Like David Hobbs said, Magnussen didn't do anything that Alonso hasn't done himself. I'm a big fan of both of them and enjoyed the back and forth. Magnussen got screwed with the penalty though, dropped him completely out of the points.

It was cool to see Eddie Jordan stick up for Nico during the podium interviews.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Interesting bit of drama surrounding the incident between Rosberg and Hamilton. Rosberg may not have had the pass but Hamilton needs to stop running people off the track as his way of blocking passes. IMO, Rosberg is within the rules by not running off the track. The rules say you have got to give the other guy room to stay on the track. Guess Nico has just gotten tired of watching Lewis trying to and actually running him off the track. Not just Rosberg but any time he has someone racing with him at close quarters. Hamilton is pretty much his own worst enemy. The problem with being the guy who always slams the door on the guy who comes up along side is that eventually you encounter someone who's either tired of that kind of move or just doesn't play that game. Yes, its an effective racing move but it can and does back fire at times. This pretty much sums up the Rosberg vs Hamilton rivalry at this point.

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:30:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Interesting bit of drama surrounding the incident between Rosberg and Hamilton. Rosberg may not have had the pass but Hamilton needs to stop running people off the track as his way of blocking passes. IMO, Rosberg is within the rules by not running off the track. The rules say you have got to give the other guy room to stay on the track. Guess Nico has just gotten tired of watching Lewis trying to and actually running him off the track. Not just Rosberg but any time he has someone racing with him at close quarters. Hamilton is pretty much his own worst enemy. The problem with being the guy who always slams the door on the guy who comes up along side is that eventually you encounter someone who's either tired of that kind of move or just doesn't play that game. Yes, its an effective racing move but it can and does back fire at times. This pretty much sums up the Rosberg vs Hamilton rivalry at this point.
View Quote

Exactly.

I'm sure after everything that happened in Hungary, Nico thought back to Hamilton's last lap moves and figured 'Why should I lift anymore?'

And who can blame him?  As long as Hamilton can count on him lifting, there's no consequence to him driving like that.

I agree with Eddie Jordan - the fault for this is on Mercedes management for letting this situation fester.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Unacceptable.

View Quote

He ended up with a 20 second penalty, dropping him out of the points.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:47:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Nice to see the other teams come back out of the gate charging hard after the break. Renault seems to have been working hard at getting the engine sorted out. Looks like they still have a ways to go on horsepower though.

Ferrari just can't seem to catch a break. Staying on the grid to reset the car electronics seems to indicate they still don't have this engine working right. I can understand not wanting to go to the back of the grid or start from the pit lane but they really need to get their act together from top to bottom. Alonso probably would have been on the podium without that penalty. Kimi looks like something came together during the break. Nice to see him have a decent race for a change.

Ricciardo is having an awesome year. He really had it right when he talked about not really having any pressure on him. He's certainly shown RBR made the right choice.

Good race overall. Some real excitement.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Matchet was right in his comment about HAM asking about engine preservation: what is F1 turning into?
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Exactly.
I'm sure after everything that happened in Hungary, Nico thought back to Hamilton's last lap moves and figured 'Why should I lift anymore?'
And who can blame him?  As long as Hamilton can count on him lifting, there's no consequence to him driving like that.
I agree with Eddie Jordan - the fault for this is on Mercedes management for letting this situation fester.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.
Yep, agree with both of you.  How many times has Lewis tried to force people off, including his teammate JB at Mclaren.   I saw Lewis sweeping over and clipping the endplate, not Nico driving into him.
Toto is PISSED though, and damn, he scary.  

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#27]
"blah blah blah I hate Hamilton blah blah blah rookie driver in the way of veteran driver I like."

You guys are on repeat.

1) What Rosberg did was wrong, but I accept it as a racing incident and agree with no penalty. It sounds like Toto Wolff might have a team-based penalty in store for him. If I had my way I'd have Chilton drive at Mercedes and send Rosberg down to Marussia for a race...but it's not my call, and that would be too much fun for the powers that be in F1.

2) While I liked Magnussen's driving and defense I agree the move on the Kemmel Straight was against the rules. What I don't like is penalties handed down after the race.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:12:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
1) What Rosberg did was wrong, but I accept it as a racing incident and agree with no penalty. It sounds like Toto Wolff might have a team-based penalty in store for him. If I had my way I'd have Chilton drive at Mercedes and send Rosberg down to Marussia for a race...but it's not my call, and that would be too much fun for the powers that be in F1.
View Quote

Whenever Hamilton has a competitive teammate he causes issues and whines about not always being first. He caused problems with Alonso which resulted in McLaren losing the WDC. Now he's doing the same thing to Mercedes. I wouldn't want him on my team.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:33:40 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

"blah blah blah I hate Hamilton blah blah blah rookie driver in the way of veteran driver I like."

You guys are on repeat.

2) While I liked Magnussen's driving and defense I agree the move on the Kemmel Straight was against the rules. What I don't like is penalties handed down after the race.
View Quote

How was it wrong for Rosberg to hold his line? Chopping across the front of someone trying to overtake and who's along side of him is one of Hamilton's trademark moves. Nico was giving Hamilton room by holding his line, Hamilton wasn't and didn't return the courtesy. The rules say you have to give the guy alongside a car width and not run him off the track. Looks like Nico finally got tired of it. He's had to jump on the brakes to avoid collisions with Hamilton in several races. There is a reason Hamilton has not repeated on the WDC or finished higher 4th since 2008. It hasn't all been the car either.

In the long run it was just a racing incident. Monaco was kind of iffy, today was not.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 4:46:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Looks like Nico was just tired of HAM's trademarked run people off the track move.  After having it done to him in at least three races this year, I doubt I would have backed off too...
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:50:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Alonso will start with a drive-through. Stupid mechanics.
View Quote

Easy there. We aren't all stupid. Not having seen it yet, I will refrain from further comment.
And more often than not, it's a spacer problem that hurts a race. Yes, the space between the steering wheel and the seat....
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:01:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yeah right..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Grats Ricardo!

Yeah right..

I didn't see anything a young Alonso would have done differently. You defend your line within the rules. Regardless of your feelings, the FIA and the stewards found no fault.

That being said, I'm still catching up on the latest news, so maybe an after race (which is a fucking joke IMHO) stewards call came forth.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:58:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

How was it wrong for Rosberg to hold his line? Chopping across the front of someone trying to overtake and who's along side of him is one of Hamilton's trademark moves. Nico was giving Hamilton room by holding his line, Hamilton wasn't and didn't return the courtesy. The rules say you have to give the guy alongside a car width and not run him off the track. Looks like Nico finally got tired of it. He's had to jump on the brakes to avoid collisions with Hamilton in several races. There is a reason Hamilton has not repeated on the WDC or finished higher 4th since 2008. It hasn't all been the car either.

In the long run it was just a racing incident. Monaco was kind of iffy, today was not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys are on repeat.

Quoted:
Looks like Nico was just tired of HAM's trademarked run people off the track move.  After having it done to him in at least three races this year, I doubt I would have backed off too...

These people get it.

Even Merc 'management' is backing down:

When the media reports claiming Rosberg’s sensational confession began to emerge Toto Wolff clarified the situation, by saying, “Nico felt he needed to hold his line. He needed to make a point and for Lewis it was clearly not him who needed to be aware of Nico. They agreed to disagree in a very heated discussion among ourselves.

“But it wasn’t deliberate crashing. This is nonsense.”
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:48:48 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Easy there. We aren't all stupid. Not having seen it yet, I will refrain from further comment.

And more often than not, it's a spacer problem that hurts a race. Yes, the space between the steering wheel and the seat....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Alonso's was a battery box issue, I'm guessing with the remote starter.  Better to take the 5 second penalty, than be stuck on the grid and forced to start from the pit lane.  

I chalked it up as 'shit happens'.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:39:43 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Alonso's was a battery box issue, I'm guessing with the remote starter.  Better to take the 5 second penalty, than be stuck on the grid and forced to start from the pit lane.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Matchett said something about them resetting the engine electronics to get the car to start. Interesting.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:57:26 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

These people get it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

These people get it.

When the media reports claiming Rosberg’s sensational confession began to emerge Toto Wolff clarified the situation, by saying, "Nico felt he needed to hold his line. He needed to make a point and for Lewis it was clearly not him who needed to be aware of Nico. They agreed to disagree in a very heated discussion among ourselves.

"But it wasn’t deliberate crashing. This is nonsense.”

I wouldn't call it a full backing down:
At a briefing attended by this website, Wolff had earlier spelled out
his anger that this accident had happened, calling it an "unacceptable
level of risk” and saying that he felt "let down” by Rosberg initiating
an incident, which had led to the team losing another win – the second
win thrown away in the last three races  – and implied that he would be
sanctioning Rosberg for this breach of their agreement. "It cannot and
will not happen again, " he said.

Later in the article they claim it wasn't deliberate - basically calling it 'clumsy' driving, but it still sounds like Rosberg is gettimg called on the carpet.

m

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:04:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Later in the article they claim it wasn't deliberate - basically calling it 'clumsy' driving, but it still sounds like Rosberg is gettimg called on the carpet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

These people get it.

When the media reports claiming Rosberg’s sensational confession began to emerge Toto Wolff clarified the situation, by saying, "Nico felt he needed to hold his line. He needed to make a point and for Lewis it was clearly not him who needed to be aware of Nico. They agreed to disagree in a very heated discussion among ourselves.

"But it wasn’t deliberate crashing. This is nonsense.”

At a briefing attended by this website, Wolff had earlier spelled out his anger that this accident had happened, calling it an "unacceptable level of risk” and saying that he felt "let down” by Rosberg initiating an incident, which had led to the team losing another win – the second win thrown away in the last three races  – and implied that he would be sanctioning Rosberg for this breach of their agreement. "It cannot and will not happen again, " he said.

True, but they're clearly distancing themselves from Hamilton's characterization.

Nico's account is pretty straightforward:

Rosberg issued a statement following the meeting with Mercedes officials but did not make a reference to Hamilton's claims.

He said he "regretted that Lewis and myself touched" but felt it was "a racing incident".

He added: "I was quicker at the time and there was an opportunity, so I gave it a go around the outside as the inside was blocked.

"I didn't see any risk in overtaking, or trying to overtake, so why should I not try? The opportunity was there even without DRS because I was so much quicker, so I gave it a go.

"Inside was not possible, so I tried around the outside. Should I have waited? That is very hypothetical. Who knows what happens afterwards?

"The opportunity was there and, for me, it wasn't a risky situation."

Nico's big problem is that he's been too nice for too long.  He should have punted Hamilton on the last lap in Hungary (if not sooner).
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#40]

At times those walls make it look like a street circuit. Seeing Spa then seeing this really demonstrates what a visual difference elevation changes can make.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:31:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Great camera angle on the gif

lol...double turn into HAM

Something like 200 (max) driver points and 344 (max) constructer points up for grabs....if only Ricciardo didn't get the DQ in AUS

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
At times those walls make it look like a street circuit. Seeing Spa then seeing this really demonstrates what a visual difference elevation changes can make.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Looks kind of foreboding... and boring.  Reminds me of Valencia TBH.. not a good thing.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:46:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

These people get it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys are on repeat.

Quoted:

These people get it.

When the media reports claiming Rosberg’s sensational confession began to emerge Toto Wolff clarified the situation, by saying, “Nico felt he needed to hold his line. He needed to make a point and for Lewis it was clearly not him who needed to be aware of Nico. They agreed to disagree in a very heated discussion among ourselves.

“But it wasn’t deliberate crashing. This is nonsense.”

Anyone else think they had the "cut the bullshit or we decide who wins" talk that was mentioned a few pages back?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:36:17 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Anyone else think they had the "cut the bullshit or we decide who wins" talk that was mentioned a few pages back?
View Quote
How can they possibly pull that off though?  These two are the fastest guys on the track, therefore they are going to be racing each other.  The only possible way to do it would be to deliberately hamstring someones strategy... which will go over like a fart in church with the drivers and the fans.

They just need to be cleaner about how they race.  Nico needs to find some confidence (and competence) with overtaking, and Lewis needs to lose his trademark 'slam the fucking door in their face so they hit me or go off track' move.

Honestly, at this point, fuck Merc with their super fast car and mediocre talent.. You know how much fun this year would be if Merc wasn't there and Ricciardo/Vettel and Alonso/Kimi were fighting for the title?  

Also, Fuck Massa, he's ruining Williams chance of making a good showing of themselves after a lot of years of shit sandwiches.. put the Brazilian out to pasture already!  

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I didn't see anything a young Alonso would have done differently. You defend your line within the rules. Regardless of your feelings, the FIA and the stewards found no fault.

That being said, I'm still catching up on the latest news, so maybe an after race (which is a fucking joke IMHO) stewards call came forth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Grats Ricardo!

Yeah right..

And you are/were wrong. They did indeed find him at fault, especially for that move on the straight line, and how, in the laps before he changed line far too late before the corner...

Apparently a bunch of Ferrari crew have received their letter of goodbyes.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:05:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Watched the race on Sunday, but was too busy to post in this thread until now.

I enjoyed the race. Personally, I think that Daniel and Fernando are the two best drivers on the track right now. If they were driving Mercs, they'd be smoking everyone out there. Daniel has really adapted to RBR's new car, and Alonzo is making up for the Ferrari's deficiencies pretty damn well. It was also very good to see Kimi up towards the front of the pack for a while. The wife and I still root for Seb and will continue to do so. It['s just taking him longer to adapt to the new car. I've seen this happen several times over the years with dominant racers who really tune their driving to a particular vehicle and then have to change. Regardless... I'm VERY happy any time non-factory Merc drivers can pull-off a 1st or 2nd place. When we were watching the race we were both hoping that Lewis and Nico would take each other out, and it was like Christmas to see it happen that way. If I have to pick one to win, then I'd take Nico every time. He certainly made it interesting for Daniel. Despite Merc's ridiculous constructor's points lead, at least Daniel is making for some interesting racing this season.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:09:03 PM EDT
[#47]

Looks like its going to be a very boring race. Foot to the floor except for two or three places.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:12:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Looks like its going to be a very boring race. Foot to the floor except for two or three places.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Reminds me of the course CART used to run in NJ back in the 90s.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:41:44 PM EDT
[#50]

It's Maldonado's fault.
Page / 100
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top