User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 100
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 8:10:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You can't.

Well....technically you could. But the money, manpower and legal requirements are pretty unrealistic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
cost caps.

How in the world would you ever enforce something like that?

You can't.

Well....technically you could. But the money, manpower and legal requirements are pretty unrealistic.

Not caps but force the top teams to put money in a pool for the lower teams when they over spend. Say the limit is 200 million and Red Bull spends 220. Wel, then the have to put a percentage of 20 mil in a pool for the lower teams, say 25%, or 5 mil.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 10:32:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Those comments are awesome.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Not caps but force the top teams to put money in a pool for the lower teams when they over spend. Say the limit is 200 million and Red Bull spends 220. Wel, then the have to put a percentage of 20 mil in a pool for the lower teams, say 25%, or 5 mil.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

cost caps.

You can't.

So, OccupyF1?

If any group needs to come to the table it's the FOM. The teams are private businesses making money - or not - in F1. The FOM controls the worldwide rights and TV distribution of the product, and they control the Concorde agreement which defines the distribution of the funds to the teams based on the Constructors Championship placement. Come in 11th, get $40million. 12th? Zero...

Don't 'redistribute' the successful teams budgets. You wouldn't expect Walmart or Target to prop up K-Mart, would you? (Yeah, an imperfect analogy...)

No, get the FOM to negotiate the 'prize funds' in a manner that all entrants get some of the payout. Sure, some of the bigger teams may get a few tens of millions less, and they will likely fight tooth and nail to not lose that money, but it's a better solution that forcing the teams to write checks.

m

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 3:35:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#5]
K
Quoted:

So, OccupyF1?

If any group needs to come to the table it's the FOM. The teams are private businesses making money - or not - in F1. The FOM controls the worldwide rights and TV distribution of the product, and they control the Concorde agreement which defines the distribution of the funds to the teams based on the Constructors Championship placement. Come in 11th, get $40million. 12th? Zero...

Don't 'redistribute' the successful teams budgets. You wouldn't expect Walmart or Target to prop up K-Mart, would you? (Yeah, an imperfect analogy...)

No, get the FOM to negotiate the 'prize funds' in a manner that all entrants get some of the payout. Sure, some of the bigger teams may get a few tens of millions less, and they will likely fight tooth and nail to not lose that money, but it's a better solution that forcing the teams to write checks.

m

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
cost caps.

You can't.

So, OccupyF1?

m

That's where the cash I'm talking about would come from. Ferrari and Mercedes et al get tons of cash just for showing up, marussia and Chaterham get zero. Make them share some of that.
Or, give the non factory team an advantage like they can use DRS  anywhere or without having to be overtaking. If they podium, the advantage goes away. That's what they do in MotoGP and it seems to work.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 11:11:54 AM EDT
[#6]
That just sounds like a circus with Drs anywhere and what not

What they need to do if they go with a money pool and what not is just make all cars,engine drivetrain etc exactly the same on all cars

Leave setups and driving to the crew/drivers

But in all honesty I like have 3-5 races in one race  the back markers have there on race just as much as the front markers
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 3:01:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That just sounds like a circus with Drs anywhere and what not

What they need to do if they go with a money pool and what not is just make all cars,engine drivetrain etc exactly the same on all cars

Leave setups and driving to the crew/drivers

But in all honesty I like have 3-5 races in one race  the back markers have there on race just as much as the front markers
View Quote

So, you want another IRL series?

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Not really I was using that as a reference

I say leave it alone like it is
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:21:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Not really I was using that as a reference

I say leave it alone like it is
View Quote
At least go back to the V8s first

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 7:11:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Of course
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#11]

That would be a start.

The engine rules really need to be based on a displacement formula of number of cylinders versus max displacement. Add in offsets for turbos. Maybe one for energy recovery systems too. No fuel flow limitations. Driver selectable adjustments to fuel mapping, brakes, etc, keep the existing telemetry rules (they seem to be working pretty well)

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Estaban Gutierrez is Ferrari's new Test Driver---that's one way to make sure he doesn't get hit by Crashanado again.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:37:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
-that's one way to make sure he doesn't get hit by Crashanado again.
View Quote

Desafío aceptado
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-that's one way to make sure he doesn't get hit by Crashanado again.

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz190/meansartin/Mobile%20Uploads/maldo_3095887_zpsupjyaiqe.jpg

Desafío aceptado

LOL!
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:50:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Yep in a lake
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 6:47:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 6:53:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Prost 1990 Jerez Ferrari 641

Smarmy french prick but the little fucker could drive, like Lauda but not as charming a fellow as Niki

http://youtu.be/CypPQu5tsVQ

View Quote

Happened to catch my first Formula E race the other day and saw Prost in the pits there. Looked like his kid must've been one of the drivers? I watched for a while... but if the neutered 2014 F1 cars were lacking in sound (and they most definitely ARE!)... then Formula E takes that 10 steps ahead! How the hell am I supposed to get excited about a form of racing with absolutely ZERO visceral stimuli? Okay... a bit of speed maybe. But they freakin sound like little slot cars!
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
So, OccupyF1?

m

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

cost caps.

You can't.

So, OccupyF1?

m

F1 is the business, the teams are the employees.

F1 is not some boxing ring created for companies to test themselves.  They are a business providing high tech entertainment and the teams produce that product.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Furthermore... cost caps are the only way costs will be brought under control along with opening the technical rules under those caps.  Financial issues will only ever be solved with financial rules.  Technical regulations under the guise of cost cutting is asinine and causes an ironic thing to happen: even more money is spent.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:31:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:58:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Ferrari have confirmed the departure of Pat Fry and Nikolas Tombazis from the Scuderi.
View Quote

Purge or exodus?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Purge or exodus?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ferrari have confirmed the departure of Pat Fry and Nikolas Tombazis from the Scuderi.

Purge or exodus?

Purge
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#26]
If the 'F15T'* is as bad, the Scuderia is going to implode...

m

* I don't expect them to continue the naming scheme, really. Too much baggage.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

If the 'F15T'* is as bad, the Scuderia is going to implode...

m

* I don't expect them to continue the naming scheme, really. Too much baggage.
View Quote
they havent kept the naming scheme the same the past 5-6 years..lol.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:20:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:13:10 PM EDT
[#29]
JEV joins Ferrari as a test driver!

I was kinda hoping to see him in an Indy Car, but it's good he's staying around F1 and at Big Red. They're really making moves in Maranello.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I was kinda hoping to see him in an Indy Car, but it's good he's staying around F1 and at Big Red. They're really making moves in Maranello.
View Quote

They could just drop Vettel and save quite a bit of money.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:57:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:33:41 PM EDT
[#32]
35 days till Daytona, 81 days till Australia
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:58:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not a big NASCAR fan, but I have to give them credit where due... they race a lot. Most weekends for like nine months a year or something.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:02:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm not a big NASCAR fan, but I have to give them credit where due... they race a lot. Most weekends for like nine months a year or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In this case I believe he's talking about the Rolex 24 at Daytona on January 24/25.

The Daytona 500 is about 63 days away.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:24:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

In this case I believe he's talking about the Rolex 24 at Daytona on January 24/25.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct. I really hate USCC after they punished Corvette for being successful last year. The #4 car was doing average. But it probably wont prevent me from going again this year, it is an awesome experience.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:17:16 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Correct. I really hate USCC after they punished Corvette for being successful last year. The #4 car was doing average. But it probably wont prevent me from going again this year, it is an awesome experience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

now what did those imsa idiots do

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:38:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

#3 won four races in a row last year because Gavin and Magnussen are awesome. #4 car was running in the pack the whole time. IMSA and ACO added weight to Corvette and gave Ferrari more HP. Corvette racing struggled at the back of the pack for the rest of the season.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:05:29 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
#3 won four races in a row last year because Gavin and Magnussen are awesome. #4 car was running in the pack the whole time. IMSA and ACO added weight to Corvette and gave Ferrari more HP. Corvette racing struggled at the back of the pack for the rest of the season.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

essentially imsa took their championship away from them..

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:05:09 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is correct I've always seen the 24 hours of Daytona as the beginning of the racing season for every series.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:35:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This is correct I've always seen the 24 hours of Daytona as the beginning of the racing season for every series.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, I always clear my schedule that weekend
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:41:56 PM EDT
[#41]
So, when does testing start?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So, when does testing start?
View Quote

Still labeled as "unofficial"

February 1-4: Jerez, Spain.
February 19-22: Barcelona, Spain.
February 26-March 1: Barcelona, Spain.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, well then... told you I don't pay attention to NASCAR.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#44]
There's some testing going on right now.

Isn't this Burbanite's team?

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 5:58:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Good to hear Haas is off to a good start.  Maybe they can take all this and get the ball rolling properly.

Love that Santander commercial, that was great of Jenson to do that.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 3:34:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Good to hear Haas is off to a good start.  Maybe they can take all this and get the ball rolling properly.

Love that Santander commercial, that was great of Jenson to do that.
View Quote
Haas will use any second hand shit that will be worth anything

word is he got Marussias data as well

PS: Merry Christmas you psychotic, creepy, bastards

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
cost caps.

You can't.

So now Formula One is FSA
The team who brings the most cash and can make it work so they can win is what Formula One should be about. All these rule changes are BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page / 100
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top