[#1]
Ricciardo should be able to take Alonso too.  I think
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:15:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think so. He held off Schumacher for 10 laps in San Marino. Good times.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:16:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't think so. He may catch him but to overtake him I doubt it. The redbulls are too slow on straight lanes
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:16:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

That may be a good fight. I agree NR will caught him. Too bad LH is running away with it. I needed a good race to distract me after my day at the range today.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:19:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow Rosberg overtaking Alonso wasn't even hard
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:20:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Alonso just wanted to use his DRS on the next lane.

He didn't give a shit about Rosberg. He is racing ricciardo
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:21:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

He was next to him at the DRS line.

Probably better to not waist time fighting the mercs when they're so dominate.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:28:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Edit: That was off topic, my bad. Damn beer
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:36:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Vettel and raikonnen really being humiliated by their squad mates
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:37:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

And Rosberg

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:38:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And Rosberg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Rosberg

Well. Rosberg had a bad start. After the first out stop they changed something on his frontwing and it got much much better
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:40:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Wonder if anyone still doubting Alonso skills.....
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:42:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Mclaren really have gone backward hard since the beginning of the year
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:43:39 AM EDT
[#14]

I'm glad to see Ferrari on the podium.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:44:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Anyone who doubts Alonso's driving must not have watched F1 since 2004.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:49:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote
never.  ALonso is a great driver

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:21:51 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

People were in the previous thread. Apparently shung is a tifosi and is biased and alonso only didnt win because he's not as good of a driver.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:52:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

People were in the previous thread. Apparently shung is a tifosi and is biased and alonso only didnt win because he's not as good of a driver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm glad it's another Australian that finally got to bring back Sebastian fanboys to earth

Hahah

Just kidding everyone.

Alonso is a good driver. Sebastian Vettel is too.

Any of the top 5-10 drivers would win with that Mercedes.. Same for last years red bulls.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:13:55 AM EDT
[#19]
FI is looking extremely good.

These first four races have been a disaster for Williams.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:15:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

As long as there are English speaking F1 fans, Alonso Haters will be among us.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:17:24 AM EDT
[#21]
It's bringing me a deep satisfaction seeing Ricciardo beat Vettel. I'd like to see Kimi doing better, but I'm beginning to wonder.....
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:35:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

These seasons of radical changes always catch a few drivers out.  Remember 2007?  Alonso, Raikonnen and Kubica all struggled in at first getting used to the Bridgestones.

I'm sure Vettel hates losing his trick EBD and Kimi supposedly struggles with the Brake-By-Wire system.

ETA  I wonder if Webber regrets his decision to retire?  I'm sure he would have relished the opportunity to race Vettel without the EBD...
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:34:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

It's bringing me a deep satisfaction seeing Ricciardo anyone beat Vettel. I'd like to see Kimi doing better, but I'm beginning to wonder.....
View Quote

FTFY...

Pass of the year: Kobayashi on Vettel

Whine of the year: Vettel butthurt over getting passed by Caterham

m

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:23:57 PM EDT
[#24]
I almost spit out my beer on this one... Good one Fernando.  BOOP!

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:26:13 PM EDT
[#25]
The Williams cars are TOUGH this year.. big hit for each of them on the start.  Guess they learned from Maldanado to build a durable car.

Helluva a drive by Nico though, to pull off second with no telemetry is pretty damn impressive.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:57:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Disappointed in Vettel and his bullshit. I understand wanting to win but show some fucking maturity. We all know second place is just the first of the losers. Ric has not only adapted to the new car well but the Renault power plant seems to be finally coming on line. Vettel needs to get on the stick or get used to pulling over for Ric.

I know how difficult it is switch to something different. I can remember jumping on the TZ250 after riding the TZ750. It was always a struggle until I made the mental adjustment of no horsepower versus too much. At the level Vettel is at its excuses are NOT an option. This is where the no in season testing really shows how bullshit it is. Still doesn't excuse Vettel's performance but it sure doesn't help.

Spaghetti squad got the shit scared out of them this last week. Good for Alonso for capitalizing on both the fear within the team (oh fuck, we're all going to get fired!) and the improvements Ferrari has made in the car. Now they just need to get Kimi's car sorted out.

Nico needs to get his A game going or Hamilton is going to motor off into the distance.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote
Spaniard slays two bulls in China.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Disappointed in Vettel and his bullshit. I understand wanting to win but show some fucking maturity. We all know second place is just the first of the losers. Ric has not only adapted to the new car well but the Renault power plant seems to be finally coming on line. Vettel needs to get on the stick or get used to pulling over for Ric.

I know how difficult it is switch to something different. I can remember jumping on the TZ250 after riding the TZ750. It was always a struggle until I made the mental adjustment of no horsepower versus too much. At the level Vettel is at its excuses are NOT an option. This is where the no in season testing really shows how bullshit it is. Still doesn't excuse Vettel's performance but it sure doesn't help.

Spaghetti squad got the shit scared out of them this last week. Good for Alonso for capitalizing on both the fear within the team (oh fuck, we're all going to get fired!) and the improvements Ferrari has made in the car. Now they just need to get Kimi's car sorted out.

Nico needs to get his A game going or Hamilton is going to motor off into the distance.
View Quote

Kimi and Vettel seem to share the same understanding of the new formula......confused.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Kimi and Vettel seem to share the same understanding of the new formula......confused.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. Although, Kimi doesn't bitch and moan.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He knows what he's doing

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:18:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
He knows what he's doing

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#32]
They were saying how Kimi's driving style is hurting him with these new cars. How he trail-brakes more than other drivers, so since he's not as hard on the brakes he's not getting all the benefits of the new ERS system. Don't know how much truth is behind that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:30:36 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much, he will always be their favorite villain.

Fact is, Fernando has flattered every Ferrari he has been put in since his arrival.

He is the class of the grid IMO.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#34]
At first I was hoping Mercedes wouldn't dominate the entire season, but.......................................

......for a season of Vettel crying like a bitch I'll take it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:45:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
At first I was hoping Mercedes wouldn't dominate the entire season, but.......................................

View Quote

Seb can't even hang with his teammate....  
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#36]
I hate Hamilton!
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tough luck
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#38]
I love it---Kimi whines like a little bitch "I dont have power, he bumped me again, wah wah wah"---its cool, and clearly Ferrari is fucking him.

Seb complains that he is still fighting his car and its issues, and its "Our prayers have been answered" "He deserves every bit of it"

Man you guys like to hate Vettel.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:44:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I love it---Kimi whines like a little bitch "I dont have power, he bumped me again, wah wah wah"---its cool, and clearly Ferrari is fucking him.

Seb complains that he is still fighting his car and its issues, and its "Our prayers have been answered" "He deserves every bit of it"

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:58:05 PM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.formula1.com/wi/gi/597x478/JL0z/tvimages/2014/chn/sunpic15.jpg

Must be a champion thing

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:07:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Great comment from Alonso on Vettel's predicament here:

There is no arguing with the scale of Vettel's statistical achievements in the last four seasons. But there was always a question about how much was driver and how much was car.

So are we now to think that what we watched was a very good, intelligent and consistent driver exploiting by far the fastest car, against a team-mate who was not able to adapt his driving style as effectively to its most powerful feature - exhaust-boosted rear downforce?  Or is Vettel truly the all-time great many believe him to be, and Ricciardo is potentially even better?

The mind goes back to a barbed remark Alonso made in a BBC interview towards the end of last season, when he was asked whether he considered the man who had stopped him winning the title three times in four years an all-time great. "Time will tell us," Alonso said. "There are many years [to go in his career].  He is 26 years old, so when he will have a car like the others, if he wins, he will have a great recognition and be one of the legends in F1.

"When one day he has a car like the others and he is fourth, fifth, seventh, these four titles will be bad news for him because people will take these four titles even in a worse manner than they are doing now.  So there are interesting times for Sebastian coming."

Those remarks will be on many minds as this already fascinating season unwinds.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.formula1.com/wi/gi/597x478/JL0z/tvimages/2014/chn/sunpic15.jpg

What's "Have a tampon, Seb" in German?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:01:40 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote

I think it's more the continual adoration of vettel by some and the insistence that his winning is due to his greatness and not due to the car.  That's why we are giving the current world champ a hard time.

Thatm and Kimi gives some great quotes so it kinda balances out.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:33:05 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it's more the continual adoration of vettel by some and the insistence that his winning is due to his greatness and not due to the car.  That's why we are giving the current world champ a hard time.

Thatm and Kimi gives some great quotes so it kinda balances out.

Like I said over on Final Gear, Kimi will ALWAYS get a pass because he is the only racing driver in existence I can think of to make me laugh on a consistent basis... hell, I damn near laughed myself to death during Brazil 2012.

Vettel... He kinda screwed up last year with that whole thing with Mark in Malaysia, and managed to piss off just about everyone that has a passing interest in the sport.  I just called it letting the inner-Shumacher out, and let it be, hell, I like the kid, he reminds me of some of the guys I used to race with, but he and RBR are going to have to search far and wide to find good will in F1... Honestly, if it had been any other team with the whole fuel flow non-sense, I think they would have won an appeal, but NOBODY is going to cut RBR any slack.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:36:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
he and RBR are going to have to search far and wide to find good will in F1.

View Quote

Hard to find goodwill when you and your team act like a bunch of cocksucking assholes.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:29:04 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Hard to find goodwill when you and your team act like a bunch of cocksucking assholes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ferrari have acted like cock-sucking assholes in the past, and most of us have forgiven them.   It's really ok man, you're gonna have a blowout if you keep acting like this.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Ferrari have acted like cock-sucking assholes in the past, and most of us have forgiven them.   It's really ok man, you're gonna have a blowout if you keep acting like this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From my short time watching F1, people view Ferrari like the Yankees.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:30:01 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, The Yankees are the antichrist of sporting teams, Ferrari is nowhere NEAR that bad.  

I've been watching F1 since the Senna days, and anyone that doesn't have even grudging respect for them is a fool in my opinion.. considering I doubt F1 would even exist at this point in time without them. Hell man, you go to a track, and look into the stands.. guess what the predominate color is? Yep, that deep red we all know and love. The more... passionate being the kindest word I can think of.. fans get on my nerves, but I will always like Ferrari, warts and all.  

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Not to derail the usual, tired, boring, dick-measuring, team cheer-leading/slagging horseshit...

But dayum... it's just sad to see how metrosexual Formula One has become in the nine years since the last V10 season. Second video from the bottom is a helluva contrast to this year's highlights (increased torque notwithstanding). Green technology, blah blah blah... what a crock. Might as well appoint Barack, the slacking, dope-smoking, wookie-bearded, village-idiot as head of R&D.

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/velocita-urlando-formula-ones-lightning-years-1565948447/1566094572/+orlove
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:58:50 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Not to derail the usual, tired, boring, dick-measuring, team cheer-leading/slagging horseshit...

But dayum... it's just sad to see how metrosexual Formula One has become in the nine years since the last V10 season. Second video from the bottom is a helluva contrast to this year's highlights (increased torque notwithstanding). Green technology, blah blah blah... what a crock. Might as well appoint barrak-the-village-idiot as head of R&D.

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/velocita-urlando-formula-ones-lightning-years-1565948447/1566094572/+orlove
View Quote

Meh.. It's kinda nice to see the sport turned on it's ear once in a while.  I LOVED the V-10s, I think they are the best sounding engines in the world car-wise (and second only to the Rolls Royce Merlin overall), but racing was pretty boring during that period.  I'm still enjoying it this year, and the more I delve into technical specifications, the more I've come to respect the new power units... The two races that I want to REALLY see this year though are Monaco and Singapore... little room for error coupled with squirrely cars = good to watch... those tracks will give us a good measure this year of which driver and team has 'gotten it' with the new formula.  

Keep your chin up, and remember, no matter how bad its gets, at least it's not NASCAR.

Page / 100
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top