View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Stupid iPad.

Works on mine.
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 4:33:25 PM EDT
[#3]
its crazy how in this day and age videos like this are common.

i don't understand why they all stood and fired from the same position non stop.

i kept waiting for a sniper or someone who was a decent shot to dome one of the dudes.
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#4]
These guys fight like I play on Call of Duty, pop around corner fire overly long burst just for fun, hope i don't get shot but no big deal cause it's only a video game.  Are they even shooting at anyone, they don't seem all that concerned about being shot at?
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 4:37:15 PM EDT
[#5]
tfl
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 4:37:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Are they actually aiming at anything?
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

tfl
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/25/2013 4:39:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Mortar bait.
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#9]
8 minutes of firing at nothing, mumbled snackbars, and questionable use of full auto. No humorously-dumb FSA deaths either.

The camera man likes to linger on man ass, too.
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

i don't understand why they all stood and fired from the same position non stop.

i kept waiting for a sniper or someone who was a decent shot to dome one of the dudes.
View Quote

Anytime I see one of these, with the durka-jihad sights-are-for-unbelievers shooting, I think that half a dozen people who knew what they were doing with 03 Springfields could end them all in a very short time.
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Are they actually aiming at anything?
View Quote
If it is Allah's will that your bullet hits the enemy, it will hit the enemy whether you aim or not.

Link Posted: 12/25/2013 4:46:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mortar bait.
View Quote

Even as someone from a non-mil background, I'm thinking "Shouldn't those guys move around some.?"
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 4:47:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Anytime I see one of these, with the durka-jihad sights-are-for-unbelievers shooting, I think that half a dozen people who knew what they were doing with 03 Springfields could end them all in a very short time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i can't imagine the kind of damage a worthy military force could do if they ever interfered.
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#14]
The guys who have survived this long appear to have learned a bit.  "Masters of combat arms" they are not, but there appears to be much less "spray and pray" and considerably more aimed fire.  Still some keystone cops moments and some "aloha snackbar" but the videos are not the same as two years ago.
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I could have some fun there with my model 70.  Assad should sell urban safari packages.

Link Posted: 12/25/2013 4:52:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I didn't watch the whole thing...I didn't see any return fire?
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 4:53:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I could have some fun there with my model 70.  Assad should sell urban safari packages.  
View Quote

I'm in, lol
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Meh.

If they can failboat that much during the day, not that intense.
Where's the video of IIRC  the FSA getting cut to ribbons after a gun truck backs up to them and opens fire?
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The guys who have survived this long appear to have learned a bit.  "Masters of combat arms" they are not, but there appears to be much less "spray and pray" and considerably more aimed fire.  Still some keystone cops moments and some "aloha snackbar" but the videos are not the same as two years ago.
View Quote

Battlefield Darwinism. But no matter how much time we spent in Iraq, insurgents could never ever go toe-to-toe with us. They just would hide and trigger bombs from a hiding spot when our vehicles rolled by it. The Syrian military is no where close to the skill or professionalism of a western military, so it's not like they have to be great fighters to survive.

Anyway, these guys are getting their ass handed to them right now.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/in-syria-barrel-bombs-bring-a-new-form-of-terror-and-death-to-aleppo/2013/12/23/6f8a7f0c-6bed-11e3-aecc-85cb037b7236_story.html

Link Posted: 12/25/2013 4:57:08 PM EDT
[#20]
TAG
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Battlefield Darwinism. But no matter how much time we spent in Iraq, insurgents could never ever go toe-to-toe with us. They just would hide and trigger bombs from a hiding spot when our vehicles rolled by it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/in-syria-barrel-bombs-bring-a-new-form-of-terror-and-death-to-aleppo/2013/12/23/6f8a7f0c-6bed-11e3-aecc-85cb037b7236_story.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Battlefield Darwinism. But no matter how much time we spent in Iraq, insurgents could never ever go toe-to-toe with us. They just would hide and trigger bombs from a hiding spot when our vehicles rolled by it.

I've heard anecdotal stories that even the Iraqi police being trained by US forces refuse to use the sights, one quote being "Only women and Americans do that, Allah guides our aim."

If that's true, that would explain a lot.
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I've heard anecdotal stories that even the Iraqi police being trained by US forces refuse to use the sights, one quote being "Only women and Americans do that, Allah guides our aim."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We zero'd their weapons at 25 meters. If we could just get them to put a group of bullets on the paper itself, we called it good.

If we tried to get them to hit the silhouette on the paper, I'd still be over there trying to get them to put a group in it.

Link Posted: 12/25/2013 5:01:46 PM EDT
[#23]
It really wouldn't surprise me if them fuckers were having a firefight between their own guys!
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 5:02:03 PM EDT
[#24]
It really wouldn't surprise me if them fuckers were having a firefight between their own guys!
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't get shot but no big deal cause it's only a video game
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 5:03:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

We zero'd their weapons at 25 meters. If we could just get them to put a group of bullets on the paper itself, we called it good.

If we tried to get them to hit the silhouette on the paper, I'd still be over there trying to get them to put a group in it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somehow, I am not surprised. Thanks for the firsthand insight.
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#27]
executive summary: a bunch of homos take pot shots at no apparent targets, in order to either secure funding, or prove to somebody that their money is well spent. No wonder the FSA isn't getting any serious help...I'm not taking these guys seriously.
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 5:04:32 PM EDT
[#28]
60mm or 80mm mortar would be great there.
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 5:07:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember people posting pictures of the Iraqis taking off their butt stocks too so their guns looked cooler. Never got deployed though so hell if I know how common that was.
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#30]
to me, not so much...  but who am I to say?
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 8:32:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

The enemy isn't everywhere until he gets you.

Most of these videos occur from behind cover
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 9:38:05 AM EDT
[#32]
needs more dead hoggies
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#33]
that's not intense op
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 9:46:52 AM EDT
[#34]

'Aim' and 'displace' appear to be foreign concepts in Syria.

Must suck to have that shit in your neighborhood.

Link Posted: 12/26/2013 9:52:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Love the sound of the PKM
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 9:55:42 AM EDT
[#36]
From same guys channel

pretty good action

Mali War - French Soldiers And Malian Army Heavy Fighting Against Insurgents In Mali  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N1JO2YNg_0

Link Posted: 12/26/2013 9:57:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Needs more fire and maneuver...from either side
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

These guys fight like I play on Call of Duty, pop around corner fire overly long burst just for fun, hope i don't get shot but no big deal cause it's only a video game.  Are they even shooting at anyone, they don't seem all that concerned about being shot at?
View Quote

Apparently, your thoughts and mine are very similar as I couldn't help but wonder if some of these guys developed their skills by playing battlefield 3 on co-op or something.

Link Posted: 12/26/2013 10:25:42 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Mortar bait.
View Quote

Yep. I was waiting for that to happen, too.

Link Posted: 12/26/2013 10:29:33 AM EDT
[#40]

Sight picture??

NO FUCKING WAY! INSH ALLAH MOFO!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 10:39:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Sing it with me....

Durka durka

Mohamed

Jihad

Bah-dah-dah-dah-daah

Durka Durka

Mohamed

Jihad

Bah-dah-dah-dah-daah
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 10:42:28 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Sing it with me....

Durka durka

Mohamed

Jihad

Bah-dah-dah-dah-daah

Durka Durka

Mohamed

Jihad

Bah-dah-dah-dah-daah
View Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_qzEY8R3rU  

Link Posted: 12/26/2013 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Meh.

If they can failboat that much during the day, not that intense.

Where's the video of IIRC  the FSA getting cut to ribbons after a gun truck backs up to them and opens fire?
View Quote

Would like to see that one
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top