Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 9:00:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell they do 85-90 in downtown Atlanta.  Being from Florida, OP speaks truth.   I got pulled over on the Turnpike heading back to Tallahassee after watching  the Noles stomp a mudhole in the Hurricanes' asses.   I was doing 97 and got a warning.   The only place it is always bad is Madison County.  Sheriff's cars run radar on I-10 trying to fill that poor ass cesspool's coffers.

Was  riding back from St. Augustine with my ex, (sorry no pics, deleted them)  who is from Kalifornistan,  when we got pulled for 3 over in Madison on I-10.   She was furious she couldn't flirt out of it and even more angry because I told her not to speed  thru there in  the first place. I might have reminded her after the fact that I did so inform her prior.  She was more fun when she was pissed.
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I just laugh my ass off when I see some asshole pushing triple digits on the highway nailing a big chunk of rubber left behind by a truck blowout. That is when you get to see how much driving skill they actually have.
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You got off at 101mph?

Damn
View Quote
I'm impressed

Link Posted: 12/23/2013 9:15:30 PM EDT
[#4]
for all the people from Florida saying traffic does not routinely go over 90 or 100mph,,,, you are just not paying attention or something. I have driven all over the state and anytime I am on the Interstate or Turnpike people are constantly doing it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Lots of roads in Texas that are the same way.  I was running 90 on the way home tonight and getting passed left and right.  
In south Texas the speed limit is 80 or 85.  My F250 shuts off at 97 so you do have to plan your passes and make sure you have the room you need to make the pass before it cuts out.

Link Posted: 12/23/2013 11:10:28 PM EDT
[#6]
A friend of my Sons just got pulled over a couple months ago for doing 93 in a 50, immediately lost his license for a year, he has had a couple other violations within the last year that didn't help his cause any.
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 4:14:31 AM EDT
[#7]
i wouldnt  thank any armed,dog shootin revenue collector. warning or ticket or whatever.    if you didnt cause a wreck, he had no business stopping you at all.

Quoted:
I was doing 101 in a 70.  I was lucky that the trooper was a gun guy and I had some cool stuff in the car with me, he left me off with a warning.  In my defense is was a beautiful day today, 86 degrees sunny with a bright blue sky so I had the top down and was not paying attention to my speed (although my normal speed on the turnpike is 90).   Trooper (name deleted) you are a member here and see this, thank you and have a merry Christmas, I will donate what the ticket would have been to the NRA-ILA.
View Quote

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top